Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Poké : 9495

Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things   Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 3:51 am

First topic message reminder :

Sova struggled to hush his own laughter, ending up collapsing to the ground as the pain from the attacks he'd taken suddenly hit him.  On the bright side, this made it difficult to laugh, so it was easier to stop himself from doing so now.  He just sat there, catching his breath and laying in his own pain and misery....  The burning feeling inside of him.... had been toned down.  He could now think.... almost straight.  He stared at his work as he tried to gather his thoughts; what was he supposed to do now?  ....Right, Mirage.  MIRAGE, was she alive!?

Then he heard the voice of the charmander, stating to have found Mirage.  He pushed to lift himself off the ground, no longer caring about his exhaustion, and jumped off the ledge he was on without even looking down to see how far it was.  He landed on his paws rather ungracefully with a bit of a stumble just as the lizard spoke once more, stating Mirage was breathing, and it relieved him to no end.  Suddenly, the intense burning was gone and he felt clear and sane.... and the pain felt a bit more.... vivid.  But that last part wasn't important right now!

"Oh, sh-she's alri-!?" he frantically questioned as he rushed over to see the zoroark.
....No, she was definitely not alright.  Not alright, but alive.  He frantically looked over his friend, immediately spotting a pretty severe-looking bite wound on one of her arms.  He reached his paw up to his neck and between the two ribbons he wore, pulling off the outer one, which was a light blue Guild ribbon.  He liked covering up the girly Joy ribbon with it, but Mirage's safety was far more important than his own fashion.

Suddenly, he was actually focused, and he no longer seemed like a depressed drone nor a psychotic monster.  "Lift her arm for me," he spoke clearly, expecting the lizard to help him.
However, he wasn't calm and this was something he wasn't trying to hide.  His voice was audibly shaky, but rather than a mixture of sadness and mania, this time.... it was just out of fear.  Mirage seemed pretty badly hurt....  He didn't want to lose her.  If given the option, he'd be willing to give up his own life for Mirage, and he doubted said life would even be worth living without her around.  He would feel like a complete failure in every possible way and he doubted he'd ever really feel joy again.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things   Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 5:09 pm

Sova's eyes widened a bit as he was, most simply put, called important. He'd expected a simple "yes," and he'd expected there to be some evident form of hesitance. Instead, he'd gotten reasoning that was hard to deny. There was one issue, though: if he couldn't beat the creature dwelling here, that meant he wasn't quite strong enough anyway. So, he'd still need to do that, but whether or not he would expect himself to live through it.... It was then that he decided that would depend on one little thing. He needed just a bit more reassurance that dying would be selfish on his part, because while Garnet's words were really putting things into perspective, he still needed someone else to vouch for such a stance.

"Alright.... Well, if that's true, then I need to beat that thing. So, tell you what.... If she.... if Mirage thinks the same thing, then...." he paused as he turned and began walking back toward the zoroark.
"I'll take your word for it, and I won't die."
Perhaps he would regret this later, but if Mirage agreed that it would be more selfish of him to die than to live, he had his mind made up; he would find a way to do what he was here for and live through it.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

PostSubject: Re: Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things   Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 9:51 am

The charmander had succeeded...somewhat. The glaceon was going to approach the zoroark about the topic. He followed the glaceon, going to go make sure that the fox did not do anything or say anything stupid. He also might be able to convey to the zoroark that she needed to say yes if she, for whatever reason, said "No". The charmander glanced towards the darkness where genesect had been thrown, wondering just where the creature was down there. Was he still even in the crevice?

Mirage spotted them approaching. Her ears were up and alert, blood was beginning to harden on the wounds around them. The zoroark's ear that held her earrings looked clipped, now town and ragged. Her body was in even worse shape, she felt fine, but the wounds still left scars. Her arm still throbbed, and she was unsure of what to do as they approached. She merely remained silent, acting as if she heard nothing.

Garnet's Roll
Kat carried out 1 launched of one Obsidian Rift :
Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 Duskul11
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things   Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 10:53 am

"Hey, Mirage," the glaceon spoke up, not wanting to waste any time on this.
He wasn't too sure about how to approach this, so he decided he would just be honest. If Mirage said no.... well, he was still going to try and kill the recruit, but it would be a pretty considerable weight on his conscience. So far, his conscience had proved capable of crippling him, so he doubted his capabilities to remain stable enough to even fight if that happened. "It's my fault you can't remember anything. I asked you to come here with me, I knew it was dangerous, and you got hurt because of me. I've hurt nearly every friend I have, come to think of it. I'm unstable, and those I care about will eventually find out.... if they haven't already. At that, I will undoubtedly hurt my friends more in the future, both physically, and emotionally," he explained with an oddly calm and indifferent tone despite how hard the situation was hitting his mentality.

Sova had given all the f*cks he had to give at the moment, and he needed to restock. For now, he only cared about getting an answer, and he wasn't worried about what said answer would be. "Now, I think it'd be best for the world if I died. He disagrees. Tell her why, Garnet.... and then you tell me whether or not you agree, Mirage. I urge you both to either be honest or very good liars, or I'm leaving," he finished, looking back and forth between the charmander and the zoroark as he spoke to both of them.
All he cared about right now was getting an honest answer to his question.

(113 energy. Reviver seed. It'll get used eventually. Probably.)

Lord E V carried out 1 launched of one Obsidian Rift :
Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 Trawl_10
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things   Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 11:29 am

"He's an explorer, he's needed to help people. He's really strong. That kind of strength isn't something just anyone has. Where would the strong guy needed to save some unfortunate village be? Six feet under," Garnet gave a basic run-down of his conversation with Sova. There was no way he was going to repeat it again word for word, he couldn't even recall what he had said in that exact precision. The charmander looked to the zoroark as she looked at them for a moment before stating her answer.

She was expected to answer this kind of question? What the hell did she even have to do with this, she barely knew who she was! However she did not want the glaceon to die, for two different reasons one more selfish than the other. The zoroark spoke, "Yes, you may have hurt others but you can always make up for it, and I highly doubt it was intentional harm from what i've seen of you..."
Mirage's Roll
Kat carried out 1 launched of one Obsidian Rift :
Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 House_10
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things   Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 11:55 am

The charmander explained pretty much word-for-word what'd already been said, and the zoroark's answer? It was a clear "yes." Well, that settled that. He sighed and looked between the two before speaking once more: "Alright. Mirage, that thing that attacked us will contribute to the ruin of the world if it's not killed. I came here to kill it. You came with me; I guess you wanted to help."
He paused and sighed once more, knowing this was a different Mirage. Maybe she didn't want to help anymore, and that was alright. He didn't really want Mirage to come put her life on the line anyway, but he felt like he at least needed to give her the choice.

"That said, you don't remember any of that, and so far, you've only been hurt by being here. So, you can go ahead and leave. I'm sure someone here will be willing to guide you out," he offered.
Whether or not Mirage would take it, he did not know, but it was an offer nonetheless. Sova honestly didn't plan to hold it against his friend if she ditched him, considering she didn't even remember who he was. He actually wanted Mirage to ditch him, to avoid getting her hurt anymore.... or worse.

Lord E V carried out 1 launched of one Obsidian Rift :
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things   Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 12:23 pm

Mirage stared down at the glaceon. He was telling her to go away in a nutshell, but go where? The zoroark was silent for another moment, not quite being the talkative type. The vixen's claws on her uninjured arm reached behind her head and dug into her fur as she gave it a scratch, "Well..." she started. She was considering her options, either go and help make sure her only link to her past didn't die and risk dying herself, or go out into an unknown world and hope she didn't mess with the wrong kind of pokemon. She thought for another few seconds before letting her arm fall to her side, "I'm coming with you..." she spoke finally.

Garnet was relieved, the glaceon was no longer dead set on dying, and he seemed to have regained the slightest big of sanity he had. The charmander was feeling tired, though it was more emotionally than physically. He had been through quite a bit today, though he had been through worse today had still been a pretty rough day. He did not wake up this morning and expect to be in some deep dark crevice hunting down some threat to the entire world. The charmander sighed, allowing his arms to hang limp at his sides as he waited for everyone to either get a move on or to decide to rest a bit longer.

Sova's Post
This dice is not existing.
House Orb
Kat carried out 10 launched of one Obsidian Rift :
Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 Trawl_10 , Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 Pospec11 , 60 , Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 Apple10 , Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 Duskul11 , Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 Blast_10 , Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 Trawl_10 , 61 , Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 Shuppe10 , Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 Steeli10
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things   Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 1:56 pm

"Heh," Sova chuckled in response to the zoroark.
There was something funny about everyone telling him not to kill himself then proceeding to forfeit their lives. The fact that they were doing it solely to try and help him was something he acknowledged, but it didn't change how he felt about it. This would just make it harder for him; he would have to watch everyone's backs rather than just his own. But.... well, maybe having them around would be helpful. At the very least, a Dark-type and a living fire were useful to have around in such a dark place.

He turned away from the two and began walking back in the direction the beast had gone. "Well then.... let's go ahead and throw our lives away already," he commented sarcastically.
In truth, he couldn't speak for the others, but he no longer had even the slightest intention of dying. Leaving without accomplishing his goal wasn't an option either, so that only left one possibility. He was going to kill the creature, and nothing was going to stop him. It didn't matter if his attacks couldn't hurt it, he'd already proven it wasn't invincible, so that just meant he needed to hit it harder. Even if he had to break his own bones against its armor, he would kill it, and he would live.

Lord E V carried out 3 launched of one Obsidian Rift :
Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 Shuppe10 , Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 Power_10 , Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 House_10
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things   Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 2:40 pm

"But...how are we going to find it again? Walk around until we exhaust ourselves for it?" Garnet crossed his arms, his head tilting to the side slightly in thought. They COULD just wander around and hope they come across it, but the odds were slim and they might just tire themselves out looking for the stupid purple thing. The charmander looked between the two, the question more so asking the glaceon since the Zoroark was an amnesiac and probably would not be much help.

Mirage remained silent with Sova's comment and Garnet's question. She didn't know what the hell they should do. If it were up to her she would vote to leave, but only if they came along with her...or at the very least Sova. She did not quite care about the charmander at this particular moment.

The dusknoir approached the group at last, now that the drama-fest seemed to be over with. He spoke up, "We could see if there's some house orbs around here, that might summon it. It might summon a lot of other pokemon as well though," the dusknoir suggested.

My Post
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things   Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 4:03 pm

Garnet spoke once more, and the question asked made Sova halt. How would they find the creature? That was a good question. He had just been planning on heading in the direction it'd gone, figuring it would probably be resting, and hopefully not too far away. However, when the dusknoir spoke up, he had to admit house orbs sounded like a better idea. "That's funny," he commented, though it was in reference to the fact that the orbs could summon things other than what they were here for.
He truly did not care. Nothing was going to get in his way; anything that tried would die.

"Anyone who tries to stop me from killing that thing can die with it. But, for that, I'll need to go all-out, and you all will really wanna stay out of my way for that," he spoke, and while perhaps he was being a bit egotistical, it was true.
His Blizzard was extremely destructive, but the issue with it was that if he wanted to use it like that, he couldn't help what it hit. He could create an "eye" in the storm around him which could act as a safe zone, but he highly doubted he could make one big enough to keep everyone with him safe. If they wanted him to safely get rid of any nuisances summoned up by House orbs, they'd need to stay out of his way.

(You're not the only one with house orbs.)

Lord E V carried out 10 launched of one Obsidian Rift :
58 , Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 Oran_b10 , Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 Oran_b10 , 60 , Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 Dunspa10 , Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 Insomn10 , Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 House_10 , 58 , Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 Dusclo10 , Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 Yamask10
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things   Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 4:34 pm

The dusknoir seemed to frown as Sova suggested killing those who got in their way. He cleared his throat before speaking, "When a house orb brings pokemon, they don't come willingly. They're forced here whether they want to or not," he explained, "If you did that to anyone that came you would risk harming innocents..."

"There's also the matter of endangering innocents," Garnet pointed out, "If we use the house orb it would have the possibility of bringing helpless pokemon AND that thing. There's a risk of that thing attacking the innocents and killing them as well instead of aiming for us." The charmander shrugged, he hated to be the one to put down the idea, but it was a rather important point they could not just ignore. It was not like they could control the orbs and what they bring, and it was not like they could just instantly know who was nice and who was mean.

The zoroark tried to come up with her own ideas to contribute to the conversation. She paused before speaking up, "Well...it seemed awfully interested in me when I made myself to appear as it. Maybe it would focus on me long enough to ignore the others and give everyone a chance to get out of the way?"

Sova's Post
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things   Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 7:12 pm

Killing innocents? Sova felt an urge to defend himself against such an accusation, as he'd had no intention of harming anyone innocent. He'd simply meant that anyone who attacked him first would be forfeiting their life, not that he would go out of his way to attack others.... aside from the beast, of course. He wasn't intent on giving that thing a chance to explain itself, as he was pretty sure it would just take that as an invitation for a free attack. However, the matter was resolved fairly quickly without his intervention, and so he decided to just let the accusation pass.

Right now, he was more concerned with doing what he'd come here to do than protecting his ego. "That sounds better than anything else I can think of. So, if we're gonna do it, let's hurry. No use stalling it out," he stated, very obviously trying to rush things.
There didn't seem to be much use in discussing it further; his only concern was Mirage putting herself in danger, but she'd have to do that regardless. He hadn't noticed whatever Mirage was talking about, but that had probably happened during his.... episode.

(BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!)

Lord E V carried out 10 launched of one Obsidian Rift :
59 , Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 Dunspa10 , Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 Apple10 , 53 , Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 Hone_c10 , Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 Duskul11 , Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 YN4qD3x , Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 House_10 , Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 Hone_c10 , Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 Duskno10
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things   Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 7:16 pm

As the glaceon agreed with the zoroark, her form began to shimmer and change as her ability took affect. The zoroark's dark lean body now appeared as a sturdier purple shell that was the pokemon that had destroyed them mere moments ago. Her form looked almost exactly like the other genesect...with a few defects. The eyes were still the color of a Zoroark's rather than the lens of the Genesect's, her cannon was facing the wrong way, and she was much too short. However, she seemed to notice these defects as she attempted to correct them. The cannon was finally facing the correct direction and her illusion had grown an inch or two as her eyes seemed to have shifted color.

Garnet could feel the urge to shiver at the shape of the genesect as the false pokemon appeared before him. While a coward would have cringed, he remained still. He instead stared at the beast with challenging eyes, as if daring it to try and scare him. He spoke without looking away, almost as if the illusion would become real and attack if he were to, "So, seems like so far the plan is smash orbs, shout every mon for themselves, and wait for other pokemon to get the hell out of there...assuming the orbs even bring the creature that is."

Sova's Post
[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things   Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 8:53 pm

Sova watched as the zoroark put up a sloppy illusion of the thing they'd fought. Well, at least she still knew how to use her ability, albeit not quite as well as he remembered. Perhaps if the situation were lighter, he would have found it funny to see a zoroark literally named Mirage having trouble with illusions, but right now, he was too much of a downer. However, he was relieved when Mirage finally got the illusion right. Maybe this plan would work after all; maybe he would actually get to leave here alive.

The glaceon looked at Garnet as the lizard spoke, basically dumbing down the plan to the point that it sounded awful. Maybe it was an awful plan, but at least it'd sounded better before that little recap of it. Still, he nodded in agreement before speaking: "Let's just hope it works. If it doesn't, we've probably got a lot of walking ahead of us. And I can't really see too well in this place, so it'd probably be best if someone else looks for orbs."
As much as he hated to admit he wasn't perfect, well.... he didn't really care right now. So what if there was something he couldn't do? That really didn't matter at all at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things   Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 9:13 pm

The charmander listened as the glaceon spoke, the fox like pokemon pointing out that he would not be of much use in finding said orbs. The charmander thought for a moment, but the dusknoir spoke before he could say a thing, "It would be best to split up, that way we cover more ground in searching for them."

Garnet spoke afterwards, pointing a flaw in the dusknoir's plan, "It's too dangerous to go alone, if someone gets ambushed by that thing or even some locals it would not end well if we're not prepared." Although, Garnets words did not seem to apply to Sova considering he was perfectly capable of taking care of himself down here so long as the genesect was not around.

Mirage's eyes traveled between the speakers as she listened to what they were saying. She spoke up, "Well...locals might not attack me when I look like this if that thing has been terrifying others. If anything they might run," she suggested.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things   Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 5:09 am

Sova would have spoken out against the idea of splitting up, but the charmander beat him to it, so he decided to just let it pass. Now that everyone had decided to come with him, it was his job to protect all of them. He'd hoped to just get them all to leave him to this alone, but if they were all so insistent on coming along, then he had to do his best to make sure they didn't die. Specifically, if Mirage wouldn't just leave, then he had to make sure she survived. Even if she couldn't remember a single thing about him, or about their friendship, he couldn't stand the idea of Mirage dying.

Then, as if the others could read his mind and just wanted to spite him, Mirage ended up trying to offer to put herself in danger. "Alright then, let's go," he responded, implying he wasn't planning on letting Mirage go alone.
This was because he wasn't. It was absolutely not an option to let an amnesiac Mirage go out on her own and put herself in danger. While he wasn't completely sure Mirage intended to go out alone, he was assuming this was the case for the sake of being safe rather than sorry.

Despite how his thought pattern was currently sane, the glaceon was still on the edge of breaking at the moment. What had happened before was a mere crack, and it would be oh-so-easy to make more. His mind may as well have been made of glass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things   Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Body and Mind.... are Fragile Things
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next