Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Life the RPG

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

Life the RPG - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Life the RPG   Life the RPG - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 9:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ok, I've been wanting to revive Life for a while now. Problem was: I didn't know how to make it work. I'd like to Thank PikaPikaa and Wistuffly for inspiring this idea: Do Life as an RPG.

What is Life:
Life is an old and popular rp that I had killed because it was too much for me to keep track of everything. Life is about a popular and realistic Video Game system that adapts to the user's preferences. If your favorite game is minecraft, it will adopt a minecraft feel and still keep new things in. The game is a SYSTEM and it is ENTIRELY independent(No internet connection needed or servers for hooking up with friends across the world or even buying video games as you can simply ask the system for the advertised game) and surprisingly cheap. There's a glitch on the Final Boss though, the final boss will appear but then the screen will freeze and a high pitched noise will send the player into a coma. The rp is about what is happening to the player, who has been turned into their character(That they can fully customize at any time they wish) and has been INSERTED INTO THE GAME. Now let's hope I don't completely fail!

Rules:
YOU MUST BEGIN AS HUMAN.
Regarding upgrades: You can request certain upgrades which are received when you defeat a boss. If the upgrade is deemed NOT over powered at your current level then you may receive that as your next upgrade.
You can join other people's "Servers" by sending an invitation, you will go if they accept. If you wish to leave then simply state "LOG OUT" to go to a new game, this may be denied sometimes though by the glitch.

COMMANDS:
>>LOG OUT
Return to your original game, may not work all the time.

>>GLITCH
Use only when the person you're with is lagging out or not posting, will bring you back to your first game.

>>JOIN *INSERT NAME HERE*
Joins someone. May not work all the time.

>>INVITE *INSERT NAME HERE*
Invites someone to your game. May not work all the time.

>>SHOW FRIENDS
Shows you the player listings and their current status.

All other commands are locked, and will be unlocked/revealed as the game goes on.

You may decide to rp it out as if you were in a normal rp or do ">" to enter your commands.

now, let us begin shall we?
How to begin:

>>START
>>APPERANCE: *Insert Your Game Character's Appearance Here*
>>AWAKE

Participants | Status
Pichu | :'( B
Nazgul | x(
Claire | :) B
Sparrow | :I
Haruka | :'(
Sakura | :) L
Gavin | x(

Condition meanings:
:'( = Bad
:) = Good
:I = Stuck
x( = Not posting/lagging
L = Locked
B = in a Boss Battle/Puzzle

Participants Dead:
Lydia(Sakura)

Last edited by BlueKat12 on Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:26 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Sakura

Sakura

Poké : 780

PostSubject: Re: Life the RPG   Life the RPG - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 12:53 am

Lydia> Realize you can use your sword to slice/hack at the dragon's neck.

Lydia> Jump up to his neck on the side, then sli-

Lydia> ....

Lydia> Fail to hurt Shadowfaxine.

Lydia> Dodge/Run over to the boy.

Lydia> Sorry, for not noticing you earlier, I was a bit busy...but can you kill this Vulture for me?...I'll distract Shadowfaxine.....If....If I don't make it, try to kill the Vulture...The Dragon...it isn't her fault....So....if I'm gone....take care of Shadowfaxine for me....please...

Lydia> Drop your sword in front of Pichu.

Lydia> Distract Shadowfaxine with your life.

Have a Youtube Video.:
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

Poké : 10615

PostSubject: Re: Life the RPG   Life the RPG - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 1:08 am

Gavin> Attempt to say something to the injured boy.

Gavin> Hold onto the staff and look at the message that appears, choosing yes.

"What the hell?" I look at the boy I see now that I picked up the staff, noticing his injuries and getting curious. Dismissing it, I watch the notification pop up that someone named Sparrow made a request. Sparrow? Who is that? I wonder to myself, before promptly deciding to allow him into the game and clicking yes.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: Life the RPG   Life the RPG - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 1:29 am

Lydia
>>OFFER YOUR LIFE TO SHADOWFAX
You open your arms to the charging dragon, who bellows in fury and rage. It crashes into you, taking a good chunk of your shoulder. As you're being bitten, you manage to wrap your arms around its neck. The bite intensifies, and you feel the life be sapped from you and your light dims. You fall limp, and plunge into the darkness of death. Your body bursts into code, as does the dragon as the vulture looks up in surprise. The vulture stares at the code in dismay as it shot towards the sky and disappeared. It seems like it had not meant for this to happen...
>>GAME...OVER

>>TRY AGAIN?

Gavin
>>ACCEPT
You accept the invite, and Sparrow drops down from a strange rainbow colored portal from above on the center of the rock where you had once dropped from.
>>ATTEMPT TO SAY SOMETHING TO THE INJURED BOY
Please specify dialogue to input other than "What the Hell?" if you wish to speak to the ghostly boy.

Sparrow
>>ACCEPTED
>>SURROUNDINGS
You find yourself on a strange rock with strange patterns on it. You stand up and look around to find yourself on a strange rock that stands up in the middle of a valley. There's five strange rocks around the bigger rock, and one of them has a strange shiny object on it with a a strange engraving that looks like something a little kid drew. The gorge you're in has a large waterfall on both sides and it seems like there are different levels on the gorge(which each have enough room to easily move around and even place a trailer on) that can easily be climbed but non lead to the top. You see a strange rickety house at the end of one side of the gorge that has a giant water wheel and strange noises emitting from it. You also notice that a bridge connects you to the wall of the gorge where it looks like if you keep going forward you would see trailers on the side of the gorge. Next to you is Gavin(Mid-teens with dirty blonde hair, blue eyes and pale skin. Wearing blue jeans, a black t-shirt and a gray vest with sneakers)who is staring at you curiously and a bird(sulphur-crested cockatoo) is sitting on a sign, looking rather confused and impatient.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Life the RPG   Life the RPG - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 1:44 am

"Ah, shit, I didn't expect that fall... Er, hi... Gavin, is it?" I stand up and dust myself off. "Name's Michael. Known as Sparrow here in LIFE. I sort of asked to join you because I hoped that you'd know why I can't pause or open my codex. Y'know, seeing as you're in my friends list and my actual friends aren't. I think that if I'm not out of the unit in five minutes, my mom's going to get worried. Or pissed."
I look around. "So, what sort of game are you in here? Fantasy? Horror? I was in a GTA sorta thing before I requested an invite, but before that I reached the final boss of an alien shooter. Dunno why I ended up in a sandbox, though; the game crashed, I think, when I saw the final alien.
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

PostSubject: Re: Life the RPG   Life the RPG - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 2:09 am

Gavin> Take note of the much less dead-looking boy who just appeared and is talking.

Gavin> Also take note of his gun. That's important.

Gavin> Gently prod him with the staff to ensure he's real.

Gavin> Head for the rickety house on the other side of the gorge.

I blink and stare over at the newcomer introducing himself to me and promptly ignore the dead looking boy.
"Right, uh, yeah. I'm Gavin. Nice to meet you. Quite honestly I have no idea what's going on. I was in a survival horror game just a little while ago, got to the final boss, and now I'm here. I haven't actually tried pausing though." I hold the staff forward and poke Sparrow slightly to make sure he's and not some dead guy hallucination before starting to walk towards the rickety wooden hut.
"The only way out is forward though, right?" I suggest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Life the RPG   Life the RPG - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 2:20 am

I shift uncomfortably when the boy pokes me. "Um, I suppose. So, the final boss with you, too? Man." I look at the vulture. "Is that thing an NPC?"
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

PostSubject: Re: Life the RPG   Life the RPG - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 3:26 am

Endless darkness. It cocoons, it pools, it encases. Endless light. It blinds, it confuses, it dazzles. Yet somehow this place is a mixture of both, canceling out all the negative things that come with it. But the expanse of space is still bland, still never ending.

Two girls floated in this world, both looking similar to another with their dark hair, tanish skin, and white robes, however the first difference you notice is that one of the girls typed solemnly on a computer, and wore dark headphones which nearly blended into her hair, while the other didn't have any technology of the sort, but instead bizarrely, had full grown wings, that seemed real. The girl on the computer looked up, and sighed. "I was wondering when you would come here. I was kind of hoping you wouldn't, or at least wouldn't be here for a while..." She mumbled softly, before shutting the computer, and folding her legs criss-crossed even though she hovered in the air.

"...Am....I really dead?" The other girl asked, even though she knew her answer.

"....Yes unfortunately Lauren....or 'Lydia'..." The computer disappeared from her hands, and she looked regretful, not because of the loss of the world which she connected to, but because of the girl itself.

Lauren suddenly felt defensive, "You don't have to feel embarrassed for me, what are you God?" She yelled at the being, she shouldn't know these stuff. Anyways why was she here in the first place? Shouldn't she be wherever the afterlife is anyways?

The girl cocked her head. "Not really....Don't you know who I am?" She asked, before shaking her head. "For now it doesn't matter. But in a sense, I guess I should tell you this first. In a way, I caused you to die." She said in a serious manner, looking at the other girl in the eye.

Lauren shook her head, "It was my fault, and my fault alone. You can't have done anything." before averting her blue-gray eyes from the girl's brown ones, "It's not possible."

"...Do you remember much about your life before you entered the game?"

".....No....I guess I spent....more time than I thought in the virtual world..."

The girl sighed, " Well I guess I have to explain that part for myself. I can't really delay this any longer....My name is Sakura. Or at least my pen name is Sakura..." she said cryptically, as if she wanted to hold out the information for just a bit longer. "I guess, you can call me your creator." She suddenly holds out her hands, palms up and the endless land flashed harshly, before it changed to show moments of her life, mainly in the game as Lydia, where it reached the end of her journey, fizzled and died, and the land reverted back to normal.

The girl's blue eyes blinked with shock, then it slowly turned to anger. "So what am I? Your toy to mess around with? My entire life is controlled by you?" She barked and Sakura winced, before sadly smiling.

"It...does seem that way. I guess in a way yes. But no, your entire life isn't controlled by me. I created your character to be similar in a way to myself, however you developed a personality of your own." The girl stopped, before pointing at Lauren...no her wings. "I gave you those wings for a reason. In my life, I always saw wings and feathers as a sign of freedom, and it reflects on you as well. I may point yourself in a direction, but you can choose your own path. In several ways, you are more free then I will ever be..." She trailed off, looking in the distance.

Lauren stopped yelling, but had to ask, "You are probably more free than I will be. You can look through my life, you can create things into my memory, you can even kill me if you get bored of me...Is that the case?"

"No, of course not. It happened once. But I look back on it as the worst decision of my life. Your love of Shadowfaxine, something I didn't choose to be as strong as you had, caused it to happen." Suddenly an ebony door, slowly materialized in the air, right behind Lauren. "Right now you can have another choice. You can stay here with me, or you can continue onto the normal afterlife. If you choose the former, you can always due the latter later, but once you continue on, you can never come back."

She closed her eyes,"You aren't leaving me much of a choice you know?" She smiles even though she says it, and turns towards the door, "Speaking of Shadowfaxine...will I ever see her again?" Lauren asked softly, her hand resting on the handle.

Sakura inhaled, "I'm not going to lie to you Lauren. I don't know. Shadowfaxine...isn't something I created. I cannot see her fate, nor can I truly see yours. But most likely, if you really want it, even if it sounds cheesy, it will happen." Lauren nodded, then opened the door.

"I guess, I'll find out myself then. But one more thing. Was my life worth living?"

"Of course. All lives, no matter how significant, or lack off, are worth living. It's a gift."

Without another word, the girl went through the doorway, and with a flash, disappeared with the dark wood. Sakura sighed, and her computer reappeared, and she opened it, and sat there for a moment. Moving back into the Life rp so fast after her Lydia, almost her self insert, died seemed cruel. However, she tried to get rid of the nagging voice from her head, and instead pulled up another old character.

Haruka was generally a normal kid. However, he gets hungry rather easily, and has the ability to starve quickly, which in a weird way benefited him in the Pika RPG, due to Starvation making better items.

Sighing she put Haruka in the Life RP, even though she knew that he could die, and he was based off a different character somewhere...Suddenly an interesting idea formed in her mind. Maybe even if she didn't have Lydia anymore, she could honor her, and every character that died (however she would try and stop it in the first place though of course) in a random item.

After an hour of pondering on how she could include something that anyone could regonize from Lydia's design sort of, she came up with this.

Haruka> Start.
Haruka> Appearance: Black hair with brown eyes, and a green sweater with tan pants. Always carries a sketchbook/stegosaurus plush. Has a cape that has tan wings, reminiscent of a hawk, and someone's freedom.
Haruka> Awaken.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: Life the RPG   Life the RPG - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 3:55 am

Team Rooster Teeth
>>BIRD
"I don't know what this NPC Nonsense is, but are you two done flirting with each other? Cass is getting closer and closer to the talismans as we speak!"

Sakura
>>GLITCH
As you sit at your computer desk, creating a new character, you are startled by twinkling words appearing on your screen, "I'm not all bad..." There's a stomping sound behind you, you turn to see Shadowfaxine staring at you with twinkling eyes, as if knowledge and sentience had filled the horse's dead coded mind. The horse walks over to you and nudges your shoulder before walking towards the same door Lydia walked through. She stopped just before and her ear turned back to you, soon followed by her head. She stared at you for a moment before nodding her head up and down and giving a stomp of her hoof in farewell. She reared onto her hind legs and charged into the door, full speed! She seemed to go right through the door, and disappear like Lydia had.
Words appear on your computer screen once more, though they seem less sparkling and more dull and boring, "Welcome to the Glitch, Sakura."

Haruka
>>AWAKEN
You wake up to find yourself on what seemed to be a floating isle in the middle of darkness. You look around quickly and see nothing, but darkness. You look down and notice that stained glass is below you, it's the picture of a girl with wings patting a horse overlooking a field. You look to the left, darkness, to the right, darkness. You have little room to move around, but you do notice a strange chest on the very end of the isle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Life the RPG   Life the RPG - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 3:57 am

>Aim my pistol at the bird.
"Shut the fuck up, would you? I just got here, gimme a minute to get my bearings."
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

PostSubject: Re: Life the RPG   Life the RPG - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 4:04 am

Sakura> ....Eh?

Sakura> Look at a mixture of sadness and somewhat happiness as Shadowfaxine, rejoins Lydia.

Sakura> ....What is this?

Sakura> Look worriedly at the screen.

------------------------------------------

Haruka> ....

Haruka> Be hungry.

Haruka> Look at the window with strange sadness, before attempting to reach the chest.

Haruka> Maybe there is food there.
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

PostSubject: Re: Life the RPG   Life the RPG - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 4:08 am

Gavin> Try to repair relations with the bird and ask for directions.

"Woah, woah, hold on there!" I place my hand over the top of Sparrow's gun, attempting to lower it. "Could you uh, tell us where we are and where we need to go?" I ask it, hoping we didn't make it angry.

Gavin> Fidget with the Konami Code. Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, start.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Life the RPG   Life the RPG - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 4:11 am

OOC: What're you doing? I don't think we have controllers.
IC: I lower my gun slightly. "Well, look at it this way. What's more important; saving a bunch of non-sapient beings from god-knows-what this game is about, or getting home to our real friends and families? The game is glitching out, and I was sort of hoping we could put our heads together to figure out how to get back.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: Life the RPG   Life the RPG - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 4:17 am

Sparrow
>>SHUT UP BIRD
You tell the bird to shut his trap or else you'll shoot. The bird huffs at you and says, "FINE! I wont help ye' then!" and flies straight ahead towards the strange trailers.
>>LATE LEVEL UP
You hear a high pitched noise and something drops from above, luckily you catch it in your arms. It seems rather heavy, but it appears to be a Protective Vest that looks as if it could really take a punch! You gain more health!
EASTER EGG ACTIVATED:

Sakura
>>WATCH
You look and watch Haruka open a chest.

Haruka
>>OPEN
You open the chest and find food, you also find a strange vial of some sort. You have no idea what it does...

Gavin
>>APOLOGIZE TO BIRD
Too late, your help is gone, thank Sparrow...
>>KONAMI CODE
EASTER EGG ACTIVATED:

>>DOUBLE EASTER EGGS!
DOUBLE EASTER EGG RESULT ACTIVATED:
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

PostSubject: Re: Life the RPG   Life the RPG - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 4:21 am

Sakura> .....

---------------------

Haruka> FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDD

Haruka> Eat the food and while eating draw the Stained Glass.

Haruka> DRINK THE VIAL YOU'RE THIRSTY!

Haruka> That's a stupid idea.....
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

PostSubject: Re: Life the RPG   Life the RPG - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 4:25 am

Gavin> Hold in quiet anger.

Gavin> Head for the rickety house in the area.

"Aw wait wait wait-" I watch as the bird flies off, gritting my teeth slightly as I face palm.
"It's not about the morality of the situation. NPCs have information. They can tell us where to go and what to do. And you just scared it off." I comment and start to head for the bridge, wanting to go to the house.
"I'm heading for that rickety house. Feel free to come too, and if you do please don't scare off any more information."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life the RPG   Life the RPG - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Life the RPG
Page 8 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next