Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

"Life" the rp III

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

"Life" the rp III Empty
PostSubject: "Life" the rp III   "Life" the rp III EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 4:18 am

Yes my first post in all three topics are nearly exactly the same for a reason..:
Posting order:
Me
Red
Madcap
Wistuffly
*first come first serve*

Last edited by bluekat12 on Wed May 01, 2013 2:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

"Life" the rp III Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Life" the rp III   "Life" the rp III EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 4:33 am

Jack was walking back from the store, carrying the suit from the new game he had bought, called "Life". Zee, his little robot friend, was carrying the helmet, talking excitedly about the game. "Dude, do you think that I can play it, too?" Zee looked up at Jack with adoring eyes, "I'm not sure, Zee. The game uses brainwaves to contol your actions as well as movement and well..." Jack stopped himself. Zee didn't like to talk about the fact that he wasn't real. "Anyways, we're home, so let's start this game up, ok?" Jack grinned at Zee, who was starting to feel better already.

When they got home and set up the game, they were met with a character creation menu. It was extremely detail, going down to even how long the eye lashes were. "Zee, I want you to close your eyes, ok? No peeking!" Zee did as he was told, while Jack created the character. "Alright, now show me your eyes!" Zee opened his eyes and looked at Jack, while he inputted the eye color for his character. "Wow, that looks...just like me!" It was a character modeled after Zeeman, with the extra upgrades and features that he always wanted. "This is incredible!" Zee looked up at Jack with those adoring eyes again, like a child getting his first toy.

Jack was having a blast with the game, he couldn't see or hear Zee, but he assumed that he was having fun as well. He advanced quickly, solving puzzles and clearing through enemies with ease. Jack was starting to think he had made his character a bit overpowered when the final boss came up. It was a giant robot about as big as the Empire State Building! It was a bit dazing to see this all from first person, like he was actually inside the game. He went after the boss, his sword in his right hand, and his buster in his right. He charged the final blast to destroy the evil robot once and for all....when his screen froze. Jack tried to take off the helmet, thinking that Zee had played a trick on him, but it was stuck. He heard a noise coming from the headphones, and the screen was glitching and crashing in weird places. He tried desperately to get the helmet off, but he knocked out. With his last breath he saw Zee fritz out and shut down.

When Jack awoke, he was is a strange world, where there were mechanical animals and thing everywhere! He tried to rub his eyes, and realized that his hands were his sword and buster from the game! He yelled in panic for a second, and his hands shrank back to normal. "Where...the hell am I?" He looked in the reflection of a metal chunk nearby, and saw that he was indeed his character. He thought he was dreaming, but one pinch took away that theory. He decided to wander off, "Is anyone heeere?!"
Back to top Go down

"Life" the rp III Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Life" the rp III   "Life" the rp III EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 8:24 pm

(OH GOD I DIDN'T KNOW THE THREAD WAS UP NO ONE TOLD ME IM SORRY JESUS IT'S BEEN HERE FIVE DAYSBDJDKDKDKKDKSK)

Morgan heard the knock on the door. His parcel had arrived. He blinked out at the sunlight as he looked at his courier. "Hey Chris."

"Morgan! My man! Strapping as ever!" The courier sported a jaunty cap and his overtly large mustache sat atop his smiling upper lip like a nesting Goliath caterpillar. His teeth were coffee yellowed and his orange uniform was pressed and crisp. "How have you been?"

Morgan returned the smile. "Lonely as always." He said as he signed the offered PDA.

"Maaaan, when I was your age Morgan, I loved life. I was out all night and asleep all day and f-"

"I've heard the story before." Morgan grimaced. He sometimes wished his friend wasn't quite so open. But then, it's doubtful they would even have struck up this relationship at all had he not been. "You can spare me the details. How's work?"

Morgan flashed another smile. He may not have been pretty, but he was certainly charismatic. "Same old same old, just how I like it... So what you got today?" He queried, tapping the cardboard box under his arm.

"It’s that new game; Life." Morgan returned, receiving the box.

"Ah..." The pair suddenly stood there rather awkwardly. "Well you have fun with that Morgan buddy!" Chris spun on his heel and climbed back into his van. He waved as he sped off rejoining the suburban streets. Morgan returned the wave as he watched the courier's slogan fade into unreadable type as the distance grew. '360 couriers; we went there.'

Morgan flopped down onto the couch in his bedroom and set up his system. The holo-screen flashed, indicating the helmet packaged with the game needed to be worn to continue. The large plastic bowl looked rather silly, but seemed light enough that his neck wouldn't tire and the padding inside had comfort in mind. He places it down and cleared a space from his mess of tech lying around on the floor so he had the game's indicated 9 square feet of space.

Morgan's mother called from somewhere deeper into the house. "Who was at the door sweetie? You didn't talk to them did you?!"

Morgan suddenly had an impulse to break something. "It was the package mum." The neurotic guardian called out her consent but her son had stopped listening.

Picking up the helmet again, Morgan turned it over in his hands. It really did look stupid. "Maybe I can mod it so it’s just the visor on the front..." The game beeped again, showing a stick figure placing a stylized colander over their featureless face. Morgan snorted, stood up, and did as instructed. As it was pulled over his eyes, Morgan wondered in passing what he would have done of he had ordered the wrong size.

The game menu materialized before the player's eyes. Three doorways of sky blue were open to him. Each had a placard of pearly white embossed with black letters over the archway, describing the location they lead too. On the ground in front of him, Morgan read the words 'Walk to your door.'

Cautiously, the gaming nerd traversed the blue plane. After reaching a doorway, Morgan flipped up the helmet. He had taken 12 steps. He had counted. He had FELT 12 steps; yet his position in the clean square inside his room was unchanged. The only difference between before and after was now the helmet was bleeping at him to "return to the game to prevent loss of immersion".

Morgan shrugged but at the same time wondered how it worked. It was very interesting. He replaced his helm.

The gamer entered the doorway marked 'new game' and was greeted with two more doorways. It seemed he could either go through to a custom character creation menu or choose from preset characters with rigid story line, look, powers and game play.

Passing through his selected doorway, 3 tanks stood before the player, each housing a sleeping human. They were bathed in a viscous, toxic green liquid. At waist height sat three small LCD screens, leads corresponding to a an individual tank. On the screens were, left to right, pulsing green, yellow and blue hand prints As there were no further instructions, Morgan walked up to and tapped the right tank, wishing the liquid was transparent. The fluid was impermeable, the pale teenager unable to make out more than the silhouette of a head.

Morgan returned to the front of the trio of glass cylinders. Tentatively, he reached forward his hand, it matching to the shape of the LCD screen. The hand pulsed and then solidified, a hologram suddenly flickered up from the cameras embedded in the top of the screens. The coloured light displayed a dossier of the indicated hand print complete with photograph. Despite this, there was very little useful description. The currently selected file pictured an Aryan man, his piercing blue eyes seeming to blast through him like an icy wind, chilling his soul. Morgan suppressed a shudder as he read the file.

>>>Subject 075

>>>Manifested heightened senses and possesses a high level of stealth and cunning. Merciless, cold hearted and uncompromising, 75 was placed into stasis after brutally murdering 3 armed caretakers and 1 unarmed staff member. To be released Biweekly to attempt reintegration. Attempts have lead to a moderate success.

Morgan closed the file. His shudder leaked forth as he touched the second hand print. After a short delay, the selected information materialized. A burly, no necked bald man stared back at him. The player quit the program, moving on to the final screen. He’d be damned if he would play through a whole game as some sort of hairless ape. The third dosser appeared and Morgan was slightly taken back by the heart shaped face of innocence he was met with. Would the game let him play as a girl? He flicked over the dossier.

>>>Subject 063

>>>Interesting case; shows no alteration from origin form. Progress is hoped for, but is concluded to be unlikely. Placed into stasis after mild disruptive outburst so she may be further assessed. Details of event are so far unknown. Nothing further of note.

Morgan was intrigued. He pressed accept.

The view of the game world suddenly orbited away, effectively snapping around 180 degrees, placing him inside the tank of 63. He could now see who he had been walking around as. But suddenly the man in the lab coat of whom Morgan had been occupying had something rather unexpected happen to him, indicating that today was not a good day. He was shot. The green distorted the visuals, but he watched as a black clad guard run up to the deceased lab tech, double tapping his corpse. As the rifleman moved to the middle tank, white letters flashed before Morgan’s eyes; “Swing to break glass”. The arm of Subject 63 felt inhibited by the fluid as it hit the glass. The cracks streaked out like violent spiders web from the point of impact. The murderer leveled his rifle at the middle tank and fired, bullets filling the vesicle. The body inside fell limp against the glass as its liquid leaked out while Morgan attacked the holding cell again. More fractures splinted out from blow, drawing the attacker’s attention. Subject 63 brought back both of its arms and struck the tank, its integrity failing and giving way to the pressure within. The killer beside him blinked as Morgan emerged clothed in a jacket and black jeans with bandages his upper torso. Hair pressed down onto his face, Morgan whipped it away as the rifleman leveled his gun.

“I should not have tried to be dramatic.”

The gun choked and jammed.

“Ah, scripting. Saviour of the noob.”

Morgan lunged at the guard when the game screeched and the visuals froze. Morgan cried with pain and surprise. His felt like his brain was rejecting reality, physically pressing upon his skull. Pure agony exploded from his atlas as he griped desperately at his helmet. Then it was black.
Back to top Go down
Wistuffly

Wistuffly

Poké : 220

"Life" the rp III Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Life" the rp III   "Life" the rp III EmptyWed May 01, 2013 2:35 am

Three birds. Four birds. No, that was the first from before. William sighed. Bird watching had proven to be a rather dreadful way of passing the time. As well as chess, stacking dice, and thumb twiddling. He got up and searched the room for sources of entertainment but to no avail. Waiting was most likely the worst invention in the world. But why wait, you ask? A new source of entertainment is on the way! This entertainment being deemed, "Life". A video game in which you are the character. You control the character's actions physically and mentally. It's rather exciting to be one of the first to play the game. But all there is to do at this stage is wait.

After much more waiting that I will not have you read, a automobile could be seen from William's bedroom window. In a rush, Will thundered down the stairs towards the door. The courier without a chance to slip a single knock before the door was swung open. The letter carrier was rather stunned and William's quick actions, but speedily recovered.

"A package for the Walder residence?," the letter carrier inquired.

"Yes! Many thanks," William replied, eyeing up the box the courier had under his arm.

The box was handed to Will, as he wrote the "family signature" on the dotted line. As they said his goodbyes, he closed the door fast enough to not seem rude. A mad dash to the bedroom was made.

Foam packing peanuts and instruction manuals strewn across the bed, the contents of the box had been revealed. The most interesting of all being the helmet. This would act as the players eyes in game, for a more immersing experience. As you would expect, the helmet goes over the head. A screen displays the in-game world, along with the sounds and other senses required. Everything is controlled by the player. You could walk a million miles in your character's shoes but not move an inch in the real world.

William had set up the game and begun the character creation process. He wanted to try something a little different, go astray from the norm. Instead he crafted a robotic character, a utility unit used in the IGPD, or the (I)nter (G)alactic (P)olice (D)epartment. The character creation setup was the likes of which William has never seen. He had a blast creating W1LL-14M, his character, but it was a rather long process. Eventually the true game began.

The plot went on as planned. I will spare you the details as they are rather lengthy and long details (plus you've read enough novel posts), but I'll give you the gist of it. W1LL-14M is assigned to the IGPD as a utility unit. He was used to perform the more risky or dangerous tasks, as W1LL-14M was more expendable as a robot. Such as bomb diffusion, armed criminals, things of that sort. W1LL-14M was defeated in combat multiple times, but was swiftly repaired. The game involved W1LL-14M completing missions for the IGPD, and progressing through the story. But, as the game was coming to a close, and the final boss had just been defeated, the game had crashed. But, as one story end, a new one begins.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

"Life" the rp III Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Life" the rp III   "Life" the rp III EmptyWed May 01, 2013 3:01 am

"...and that's how you should tell a teacher if someone is hurt! Are you okay?" Frankie asked, "If you're feeling bad you should-"
"OH MY GOD! Shut up, you STUPID mutt!"
"Calling names isn't nice!"
"I don't care! You're a video game!"
"That's hurtful!"
Nick growled in anger as he moved to get away from the mutt, who only followed him around while trying to lecture him. The man decided to try and ignore the dog. He noticed something was off about this town though. Sometimes the buildings disappeared and reappeared while characters were walking into fences and sometimes falling through the floor. He debated grabbing the dog's face and sending an electric shock through it, but decided against it when he spotted a robot looking character that looked different from the rest.
"Oh lookie there! Another friend! Let's go say hi!" Frankie said. The dog jogged ahead of Nick to the character(Jack) and said, "Howdy! I'm Frankie, and this here is uh...golly he hasn't told me his name." He moved closer to the character(Jack) "He's awfully rude i can tell ya that though!"
(Sorry it's not that long...I couldn't find it in me to make you suffer a post the size of the bible.)
Back to top Go down

"Life" the rp III Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Life" the rp III   "Life" the rp III EmptyWed May 01, 2013 3:34 am

Jack looked down, there was a small talking robotic dog next to his feet. "Howdy! I'm Frankie, and this here is uh...golly he hasn't told me his name, He's awfully rude i can tell ya that though!" Jack turned his head, puzzled. He bent down and pet the dog, "I'm Jack, do you know where we are?" He looked up and saw the other character that Frankie at, "Hey there! Are you an NPC or..." He looked around, he noticed small graphical glitches and whole buildings disappearing. He sighed, got up, and adjusted his visor, like he used to do with his glasses. He noticed something shining from the bushes and pulled it out, it was a small metal bone. He tossed it to the dog, thinking that it might like to have a treat.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

"Life" the rp III Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Life" the rp III   "Life" the rp III EmptyMon May 13, 2013 1:59 pm

[Madcap is to be skipped, Wistuffly please post]
Back to top Go down
Wistuffly

Wistuffly

Poké : 220

"Life" the rp III Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Life" the rp III   "Life" the rp III EmptyWed May 15, 2013 12:34 am

An avian friend appeared before W1LL-14M. It pecked at his optics, and W1ll-14m went to swat it away. But, he could not reach, as his arms were rendered non-functional. He took his gaze from the bird, now interested in pecking his arms, to the surrounding area. After the black out, W1LL-14M deducted that he had surely been transported to some sort of grassy plains. He was sat under the shade of a tree, sprawled out below the leaves. This presented as a problem, because of his need for solar energy. Some sunlight broke it's way through the foliage, but it will be some time until he was fully charged. W1LL-14M looked back to the bird. He seemed to have enough power to do menial tasks. Including speaking.

"// COMMAND = AWAY // TARGET = 'Corvus brachyrhynchos'//" W1LL-14M spoke. The bird, startled by such noise, fluttered off into the tree. It cawed back, before flying off into the distance. W1LL-14M decided to speed up the process as much as possible by going into a power saving mode.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

"Life" the rp III Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Life" the rp III   "Life" the rp III EmptyWed May 15, 2013 3:46 am

"I don't need a treat thank you very much. I'd rather have a pizza! Say, why don't we all go get a pizza?" Frankie tried to pull in Nick for a hug.
"THAT'S IT! DOG!" He poked the dog's chest with his claw and sent a static shock through him. The dog whimpered and then growled at him.
"You're a big meanie! Nobody likes meanies!" the dog rambled on, leaving Nick to seethe in anger.
"Anyways, I am Nick, a user" He extended his non-clawed hand for a friendly handshake, ignoring the yammering dog as much as he could. "i'm assuming and hoping to god that you're a user, I haven't been having the most pleasant of company..."He looked at the babbling dog who looked angry and was pouring out how he felt like a fountain.
ACK i forgot...A pic of Frankie:
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

"Life" the rp III Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Life" the rp III   "Life" the rp III EmptyThu May 23, 2013 5:14 am

[Jiku(Red) has withdrawn from the rp, please post Madcap. Jiku's chara will be turned into an NPC that will soon be killed xD]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"Life" the rp III Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Life" the rp III   "Life" the rp III Empty

Back to top Go down

"Life" the rp III
Page 1 of 1