Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Rainbow Rocks

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Savato

Savato

Poké : 380

Rainbow Rocks - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Rainbow Rocks   Rainbow Rocks - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 2:21 am

First topic message reminder :

Standing at the foot of this humongous mountain of black stone sharply piercing the skies above brought back memories. This was the place where William and Acro had met for the first time. This was the place William had found his Joy Ribbon. This also was the place he had found the Link Cable he used to evolve into the Pokémon he was today.
It was just one mountain in an entire range of them, but this one was special. So many things had happened here already. And that was why the Gengar was almost stunned by the wave of nostalgia that overcame him seeing this mountain again after such a long time.
But he was not here to think of the good old times. He was here to save a poor, defenseless family from the torment of one particular Scraggy.
This should not be too difficult as he was a seasoned explorer.
Unless of course some unforeseen disaster happened.
Something like someone completely inexperienced tagging along.

Rainbow Rocks - Page 2 Mlfw1850_small

Last edited by Savato on Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Poké : 9495

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Rocks   Rainbow Rocks - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 3:42 am

As Sova continued forward, he considered his options. Now he could leave if he wanted to and know that the mission would still get done, his ally would surely be able to handle this mountain by himself. Or would he? This place was certainly dangerous, that much was obvious, to the point that anyone would be putting their self in dangerous traversing it. After a few seconds, Sova completely forgot about asking the gengar about the strange fear and decided to talk about the possible hypocrisy.

"William, you keep telling me not to do things that are dangerous....but this mountain's pretty dangerous, even for someone like you. My parents were...." He paused for a moment, not wanting to even recognize that his parents were gone. "...are strong and they tried to avoid places like this." He continued. He was probably just worsening his own case by pointing out that he went to a place possibly too dangerous for even William, but he wanted to know the answer.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Rocks   Rainbow Rocks - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 3:59 am

The Gengar chuckled.
"I have been here countless times before. I can handle this place. I had fought to survive when your mother hadn't even been born yet. I can levitate and do what you would describe as passing through solid matter. It's actually a bit more complicated but that is not the point. The point is that while I am an extradimensional, spectral entity with many, many decades of training you are a young, inexperienced and overly enthusiastic Eevee."
So now the Eevee was trying to turn the tables on him. Smart guy.
Still, William would be more than happy to present his own fighting prowess to the Normal type should the need to do so arise.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Rocks   Rainbow Rocks - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 4:13 am

For some reason, only one thing about the gengar's statement caught Sova's attention. "Um....how do you know when my mother was born?" He asked, wondering if perhaps the gengar had met his parents before. Certainly a stupid thought, but he wasn't exactly in the most clear state of mind to realize that.

If he was going to make it up the mountain, then he'd certainly need his energy. He reached his head into his bag and took out an Oran berry, eating it.

(Energy - 11)

Lord E V carried out 1 launched of one Black Mist Mountain :
Rainbow Rocks - Page 2 MMgUbQF
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Rocks   Rainbow Rocks - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 4:50 am

"I have no idea when your mother was born. But unless I am thoroughly mistaken your mother is an Eevee. Not a Pokémon known for taking a long time to grow fertile. And as I thought I explained already - I am very, very, very old. So unless one of us fell into a temporal paradox on their way here I do believe that my previously made statement is correct."
Was this really something so difficult to comprehend? This Eevee apparently had the memory of garlic bread.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Rocks   Rainbow Rocks - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 6:55 am

"Oh....yeah.  I'm not really focused right now, sorry."  Sova said.  "Wait....Eevee?  No, my mom's a Leafeon.  I guess she WAS an Eevee at one point though."

Since there wasn't much else to do, Sova decided a barrage of possible conversation topics was in order.  "You know, my ability's Anticipation.  For some reason....I think this place is messing with it."  He then stopped speaking before going any further, lest he bring up the fear which he was trying to avoid talking about.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Rocks   Rainbow Rocks - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 10:34 pm

Now this was surprising. There was something messing with the Eevee's ability here?
"Huh, now that is strange. I don't feel any different at all. You sure you're not just ill or something of the sort?"
He had been here quite often, but a reaction like this was something the Gengar had never seen of anyone before. Maybe the Eevee was more sensitive to whatever it was. Or it really was just ill.
In any case they had a job to take care of and they should better get going soon before darkness would fall on the mountain. Now the Gengar would not mind at all as he had excellent darkvision, but he feared for the Eevee not to possess the same qualities.
Sadly.
Ambushing the Scraggy in the dark would have been an interesting option.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Rocks   Rainbow Rocks - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 1:20 am

Sova giggled a bit, perhaps sickness was a possibility.  "Heh....yeah, maybe I'm just sick.  I hope so...."  His voice became a bit worried.  What dangers were hidden in this mountain?  As he was looking over the area, trying to keep his mind off the fear, he noticed something blue by some rocks.  "Why is there an Oran berry up here....?  I don't see many plants in the area.  Someone must have dropped it."  He said as he walked over to pick it up.

(Correcting the energy amount - 18)

Lord E V carried out 1 launched of one Black Mist Mountain :
Rainbow Rocks - Page 2 XnYTgNF
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Rocks   Rainbow Rocks - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 1:51 am

The Gengar shrugged once more.
"Who knows? Maybe some shrub has managed to survive despite the harsh climate. Maybe it is a random act of kindness. Or maybe it is a trap."
Maybe it actually was a trap. If it was and the Eevee fell for it, that would give the Gengar a chance to rescue the brown furball and maybe prove to him that missions like these were too difficult for him at this point in time.
Why were Oran Berries this special anyway? They were easy to cultivate and had tremendous healing abilities. So shouldn't they be far more widespread in plantations and other forms of cultivation?
Maybe there was somethind that made it unprofitable. They should get some scientists to look into that matter. Shouldn't be too difficult to replace apples with Oran Berries.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Rocks   Rainbow Rocks - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 3:13 am

(energy - 15)

"Well, if it's a trap, I'm pretty sure we could handle it together. But it doesn't look like a trap, no one's attacking me yet at least." Sova said, looking around for any signs of an enemy. He thought it was silly to be paranoid a simple Oran berry would be bait, but it was a possibility, better safe than sorry.

"Hey, what is it about this mountain? Sure, it looks creepy, but that shouldn't be doing this to me....I've been in plenty of creepy situations. My Anticipation's being weird....and my parents never liked coming here either, they'd never take me. What's so special about this place?" Perhaps the gengar didn't know, but why not ask anyways? It's not like there was much else to talk about.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Rocks   Rainbow Rocks - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 5:38 am

"Hm, I have no idea. It is big, black and penetrates the skies above. There are a few Rock, Steel and Ghost types here. At least they were the last time I ventured here. It has been a while. Maybe things have changed. But I can't think of anything you might be anticipating."
Why were so many Pokémon trapped or in need of a beating on this specific mountain anyway? There was an entire mountain range around them, yet the missions focussing on this specific rock were about as common as the ones focussing on all the other mountains together.
Was there some sort of mystical Power that drew Pokémon to this place?
Or maybe there was some legend about treasure here that William just had never heard of.
Whatever it was, it definitely was an interesting anomaly.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Rocks   Rainbow Rocks - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 6:12 am

Sova pondered for a moment. Nothing too out of the ordinary about the mountain, nothing that should have set off his ability. So if it wasn't the mountain.... "Well, is there anything else around this mountain that's....not normal? Maybe something dangerous enough to set off my ability?" He asked, not knowing much about the area. Perhaps there was something nearby that was causing this irrational fear, and maybe the gengar would know about it.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Rocks   Rainbow Rocks - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 7:36 pm

"Huh, nothing I can think of at the moment. There's rocks and feral Pokémon - same as many other dungeons. I have no idea what it is that could possibly set off that ability of yours."
The Gengar really had no knowledge of the hallucinogenic fumes at the peak of this particular mountain as his typing prevented them from having any noticeable effect on him.
How did that Eevee's ability work? It obviously was some sort of minor psychic precognition, but with more training and understanding of the ability it might even be used to look into the future itself.
Why there weren't many Pokémon trying to perfect this ability to do just that was beyond the Ghost type. Maybe it was for some reason only the holders of the ability could understand. Or maybe they hadn't thought of something like this yet - obvious as it may be.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Rocks   Rainbow Rocks - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 2:09 am

Sova sighed. It seemed he may not get to know what was giving him this burdening fear. "Well, for now I guess we'll just get along with the mission. Just in case my ability's telling me there's something really dangerous here....we should make some battle strategies. What items do you have?" He asked, hoping not only to protect himself from what ever may be lurking around setting off his ability, but also to show the gengar his strong suit, strategy. Perhaps this could gain him some respect. Or maybe it would do nothing of the sort and he would just end up making himself look stupid.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Rocks   Rainbow Rocks - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 2:24 am

The Eevee was actually talking about battle strategies? An unneccessary, but welcome surprise.
"Not bad, Sova. However I didn't bring any. This job seemed to be fairly straightforward to me. I have been here quite a few times already and believe to be adequately prepared for any challenge I might have encountered when proceeding on my own. Still I have to compliment you on having the brains to advocate proceeding strategically."
This was something the spectral Pokémon had not expected of the Eevee. He had assumed for him to simply charge ahead blindly, making descisions as they came up without any regard for strategy or planning. Still it was likely that he was this careful only because of his ability, which seemed to be warning him of something for some reason the Gengar could not comprehend. Well, at least it would make him take care for this mission.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Rocks   Rainbow Rocks - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 3:12 am

"Usually I make a strategy when I know who the enemy is, but....this is a special case." Sova said, shaking a bit. "I brought a Reviver Seed, some Oran Berries, a Blast Seed, a Quick Seed and a Petrify Orb. If we get into any fights, I'd work better as assistance. I'm smaller and my moves are better suited for that, and you probably hit a lot harder than me." He spoke confidently, liking his plan. Perhaps all of that wasn't necessary, but with this looming fear he'd rather just be safe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Rocks   Rainbow Rocks - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Rocks
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next