Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Life the RPG

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

Life the RPG - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Life the RPG   Life the RPG - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 9:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ok, I've been wanting to revive Life for a while now. Problem was: I didn't know how to make it work. I'd like to Thank PikaPikaa and Wistuffly for inspiring this idea: Do Life as an RPG.

What is Life:
Life is an old and popular rp that I had killed because it was too much for me to keep track of everything. Life is about a popular and realistic Video Game system that adapts to the user's preferences. If your favorite game is minecraft, it will adopt a minecraft feel and still keep new things in. The game is a SYSTEM and it is ENTIRELY independent(No internet connection needed or servers for hooking up with friends across the world or even buying video games as you can simply ask the system for the advertised game) and surprisingly cheap. There's a glitch on the Final Boss though, the final boss will appear but then the screen will freeze and a high pitched noise will send the player into a coma. The rp is about what is happening to the player, who has been turned into their character(That they can fully customize at any time they wish) and has been INSERTED INTO THE GAME. Now let's hope I don't completely fail!

Rules:
YOU MUST BEGIN AS HUMAN.
Regarding upgrades: You can request certain upgrades which are received when you defeat a boss. If the upgrade is deemed NOT over powered at your current level then you may receive that as your next upgrade.
You can join other people's "Servers" by sending an invitation, you will go if they accept. If you wish to leave then simply state "LOG OUT" to go to a new game, this may be denied sometimes though by the glitch.

COMMANDS:
>>LOG OUT
Return to your original game, may not work all the time.

>>GLITCH
Use only when the person you're with is lagging out or not posting, will bring you back to your first game.

>>JOIN *INSERT NAME HERE*
Joins someone. May not work all the time.

>>INVITE *INSERT NAME HERE*
Invites someone to your game. May not work all the time.

>>SHOW FRIENDS
Shows you the player listings and their current status.

All other commands are locked, and will be unlocked/revealed as the game goes on.

You may decide to rp it out as if you were in a normal rp or do ">" to enter your commands.

now, let us begin shall we?
How to begin:

>>START
>>APPERANCE: *Insert Your Game Character's Appearance Here*
>>AWAKE

Participants | Status
Pichu | :'( B
Nazgul | x(
Claire | :) B
Sparrow | :I
Haruka | :'(
Sakura | :) L
Gavin | x(

Condition meanings:
:'( = Bad
:) = Good
:I = Stuck
x( = Not posting/lagging
L = Locked
B = in a Boss Battle/Puzzle

Participants Dead:
Lydia(Sakura)

Last edited by BlueKat12 on Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:26 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Sakura

Sakura

Poké : 780

PostSubject: Re: Life the RPG   Life the RPG - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 10:34 pm

Joan of Arc> MOUNT THY NOBLE STEED!

Joan> GO FORTH, SHADOWFAX!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Life the RPG   Life the RPG - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 10:36 pm

Pika> Grab a candle and walk out. Look around once out the door.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: Life the RPG   Life the RPG - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 10:48 pm

Joan
>> GIDDY YUP!
The horse rears back as it prepares for the long gallop ahead. The horse takes off as fast as it can you are riding down the stairs. You can already feel the wind in your face as you begin your epic journey. Adrenaline pumps through you as you enter the vast field before you. Your about to shout with joy, but your horse comes to a sudden stop and you are sent flying forward and face-plant the ground in front of the horse. The horse whinnies and rears back as it turns around and runs the OPPOSITE direction of where it was originally going. The steed flees! You look at it in dismay before you hear a loud screech. You look behind you to find that the altar you had been in was in fact an insanely large tower. At the top of the tower seemed to be a statue of some sort that you cannot make out from here. You do see the "statue" move though. It seemed to look at you before giving another screech and leaping off of the tower. After a few seconds it finally lands in the middle of the large plains. The thing seemed to be a huge rabbit with strange armor, none on the under belly you've noticed as it had been falling. It turned to look at you and screeched once more, it didn't seem to like you being here...

Pika
>>GRAB A CANDLE
You grab a candle, only for the wax to slip from your hands and fall to the floor, snuffing out the candle.
>>WALK OUT
You decided that the candles are currently useless to you, and walk out the door into the hallway.
>>LOOK AROUND
You only see darkness aside from the light where the old man had been. You look to your left and see the light, to the right you see total darkness that seemed to be in a hallway that stretches on for what seems to be forever. The darkness looks ominous, and you see shapes in it, but the light seems more secure, but who knows if the old man is still there or not, hiding.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Life the RPG   Life the RPG - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 10:49 pm

I hold my breath in anticipation, sitting in the car that would finally bring me to the final boss. This is it; the two hundred hours spent playing this game - the ten years I've spent playing video games, even - has led to this moment. No, that doesn't do it justice; my whole life had felt meaningless up to this point. I've never done anything meritorious in the eyes of my family and peers, and my enemies always find a way to twist everything I do into an excuse for giving me wedgies. Even when doing things I enjoy, I fail so often that my eventual successes feels cheap. But as soon as I got LIFE, that changed. I felt proud of myself for my achievements, even if they were only video game achievements. My life had finally had purpose!
The car stops in front of the cavern that holds the final boss. I move to open the door, but stop. I hadn't reloaded my gun. So, I do so, all the while wondering what this final challenge would be; most of the invaders had been insectoid, and I'd seen only one that was sentient, so it would be a fair guess that the boss would be the queen, or something of the sort.
"Sparrow, you should really hurry. It'll break out if you don't get there soon." I shake my head, startled by the driver's voice.
"Right. Sorry." I open the door and step out of the vehicle. I feel like grinning from ear to ear, but the atmosphere doesn't seem right, so I grimace instead. "It's time to go, then."
"Kill the bastard, would ya? For my family." I nod at the driver, an NPC named 'Paul' and my - er, Sparrow's - best friend.
"'Course, Paul." I turn away from the vehicle and walk towards the cavern's entrance.
"Let's grab some drinks to celebrate when it's all d-" Paul couldn't finish his sentence, having been crushed by an insect leg that appeared from the ground. I immediately turn to the monster, aiming my assault rifle at the ascending beast while keeping my eyes off of Paul's impaled body and -

--------------

USER: MICHAEL
CHARACTER: SPARROW
APPEARANCE:
SPECIES = HUMAN
HAIR = BUZZ CUT
HAIR COLOR = BLACK
EYE COLOR = BLACK
TORSO = BLACK POLO SHIRT
PANTS = JEANS
SHOES = SNEAKERS
ACCESSORIES = BELT, PISTOL HOLDER
HEIGHT = 5'5"
WEIGHT: 85 LBS
----------------
>Awaken
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

PostSubject: Re: Life the RPG   Life the RPG - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 10:54 pm

Lydia> Stop being Joan, the bravery is way to much for your liking...

Lydia> SHADOWFAX DON'T G-

Lydia> RABBIT I SAID I'M SORRY WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM ME?

Lydia> AAAAAAAAAAAA I'M LEAVING I'M LEAVVVVINNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG I'M SO SO SO SORRRRYYYYYY!

Lydia> Attempt to follow Shadowfax

Last edited by Sakura on Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Life the RPG   Life the RPG - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 10:57 pm

Pika>WALK AT THE LIGHT!
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: Life the RPG   Life the RPG - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 11:06 pm

Sparrow
>>AWAKEN
You wake up to find yourself at the bottom of a river! You are holding your breath thankfully, but your feet are tied to cement blocks! You struggle at them and you attempt to break free. You feel around you for a weapon and find that you have a knife in your pocket. You take out the knife and cut the ropes tying you down and swim up, desperate for air. You break the surface and gasp for air, you quickly look around you to see a bridge above you. There's a police boat to you left that's a bit of a distance away, there's a port with a ladder you can climb up on that's even farther. You look up a bit more to see that you are in a river of a sort and are flanked by tall buildings that seem to be trying to touch the sky.

Lydia
>>STOP BEING JOAN
You are now Lydia again!
>>BEG YOUR HORSE TO COME BACK AND BEG THE RABBIT TO NOW HURT YOU
You fail miserably and the rabbit doesn't seem to understand you
>>FOLLOW THE HORSE
You scramble to follow the horse, crying desperately for it to take you with it. The horse is long gone though. The rabbit screeches and makes a leap towards you, bounding high in the air and falling towards you. You notice a hole nearby that looks like a good place to avoid being squished, the rabbit would land right on top of it with its underbelly exposed, but not effect you.

Pika
>>WALK TO THE LIGHT
You walk towards the light, the room seems normal, and shards of the place from before litter everywhere. There's a note on the table, next what appears to be a flashlight. There is also a fireplace where previous slips of paper seemed to have been burned. You hear a howl in the distance, but it sounds like it's coming from outside.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Life the RPG   Life the RPG - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 11:16 pm

Pika> Read note, And take flashlight. Also see if there's anywhere to hide for a small bit.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: Life the RPG   Life the RPG - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 11:25 pm

Pika
>>READ NOTE
>>NOTE:
Dear Johannah,
I'm so sorry I did this to you. I thought it would have worked perfectly! I don't understand how the ritual failed us...I did everything that blasted Blacksmith had told me. Never trust a Blacksmith Johannah, never. He's only turned you into this beast...I hope you forgive me for this monstrosity you have become. I just wanted my wife back. You were so young, and yet I so old. We did not care for our age differences, for what are a few years anyways? I must once again apologize, Johannah. I fear that I must put you down, I fear for the safety of the world. Your life is connected to this beast, and I shall be the one to stop it. I doubt you can read in this shape, but if you can, please forgive this foolish old man. I swear to take my own life, once i've destroyed the monster that is you.
>>NOTE HAS ENDED
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Life the RPG   Life the RPG - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 11:31 pm

What... What happened?
Oh. There was the battle. Yes. I had been attacked by the final boss and...
And there was a loud, high pitched noise, and the game froze, and now I'm here. Huh.
Did this happen because of a glitch? I ponder on it for a second or two, then shake my head; I'm in the middle of a river, I really ought to get out.
>Move to the ladder
Well, it appears as though this is a completely different LIFE than the one I'd been in previously. I was in an Earth where insectoid aliens had invaded and were wreaking havoc. This looked comparatively safe and even normal!
>Go up ladder
I continue to ponder my predicament whilst shivering from the cold. Finally, I open my mouth.
"Signal 5A: Corn Eating Fire Brigade."
The game does not pause.
Okay, do not panic. It's probably just a glitch. It's just a game, and I'm all good. All good. I glance at my knife, then at my clothes. I'm in the same avatar that I'd created for the alien invasion game, a thirty five year old war veteran nicknamed Sparrow. Alright, that pretty much confirms that I'm in the game...
But I clearly recall taking a huge breath of air upon leaving the river. I'm still shivering from the cold river water. The game emulated certain feelings, but only to small extents, so that you were always aware of what was happening to you.
This feels real.
>Hyperventilate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Life the RPG   Life the RPG - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 11:35 pm

Pika> Notice the old man was the man who wrote this note and was probably friendly. Be sad at this. Also, say 'PAUSE'

Last edited by pikapikaaa on Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

PostSubject: Re: Life the RPG   Life the RPG - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 11:41 pm

Lydia> GET IN THE HOLE GOGOGOGOGOGO
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: Life the RPG   Life the RPG - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 12:03 am

Sparrow
>>MOVE TO THE LADDER
You swim to the ladder, it takes you a while but you eventually get there.
>>GO UP LADDER
You go up the ladder to find that you are on a port. There are a few boats here along with some  sailors that eye you suspiciously but continue with their daily work. A man approaches you.
>>MAN
Wassup Sparrow? What's wrong with you? You look as if you took the "there's more fish in the sea" thing a little too literally. Come on, let's get you back to your hotel and wash you up. Why don't you go grab us a car? Why are you breathing so hard as well? You sick or sumthin'?
>>SURROUNDINGS
You notice a ramp that leads to a building labeled, "Bob's Boats" with a strange insignia on it. You can hear the sound of cars honking and beeping as if there was a traffic jam. You notice no police in the area aside from the ones out on the boat, but they are even farther now that you've swam to the ladder. You are dragged along by the man as he puts his arm around your shoulder and walks you onto the sidewalk next to a street jam packed with cars. He pushes you forward and speaks.
>>MAN
Go on kid! Show me your moves, be sure to pick a good one. I'm sure the owner wont be too happy about us borrowing their car.
>>CARS
You see three cars that are available to drive out just as you could enter them. One is small, and compact, speed. Another is more of a van, bulk. The final one is a Jeep, mobility.

Pika
>>OLD MAN = FRIENDLY
You realize the man is friendly
>>BE SAD
You are sad.
>>SURROUNDINGS
There is a door to the opposite of the fireplace, you test it and it seems to be able to open. The dark hallway is also an option as well. You peek outside the door and you see a big room that appears to be what should have been a parlor. You see the door to the outside just across the room.

Lydia:
>>HOLE NOW PLS
You take a dive for the hole, it seems like you have a few spare seconds before the rabbit comes crashing down. You can see its soft underbelly, you could easily swipe at it with your sword that you carries with you when it landed, if you had enough room. You do however have enough room to move from side to side.

Last edited by BlueKat12 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

PostSubject: Re: Life the RPG   Life the RPG - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 12:07 am

Lydia> .....

Siddle

Lydia> Point your sword up, and hold it above the hole entrance so that the rabbit impales itself on the sword.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Life the RPG   Life the RPG - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 12:08 am

Pika> place note back, and go inside the town, holding up flashlight, thinking about turning it on if it's too dark. also, SHOUT PAUSE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life the RPG   Life the RPG - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Life the RPG
Page 2 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next