Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

A Simple Training Session

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Poké : 290

A Simple Training Session - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: A Simple Training Session   A Simple Training Session - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 7:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

Violet was once again planting berries in the tranquil garden behind her newly constructed dojo. It was a daily chore at the moment whilst she got the berry garden up and running... well, perhaps not a chore per say since Violet herself rather enjoyed being out in her garden.

She was waiting for the appearance of a Pikachu who had requested to train at the dojo. He had yet to arrive, but it was not yet the agreed time and so Violet was merely using up her spare time to continue planting as she waited.

Last edited by SereneLittleRose on Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org

AuthorMessage
Pikashock

Pikashock

Poké : 10615

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Training Session   A Simple Training Session - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 11:06 pm

"Yeah, I think that would be a good thing for me to practice." He nodded his head, agreeing with her statement about speed. "And it's not much really, just Growl. If you haven't already figured it out I'll be replacing it soon enough with something a bit more useful." Nate responded, chuckling in an almost embarrassed way about his final move. Honestly it had no reason to be there, it hadn't really helped him at all in the past. Of course, Magnet Rise on the other hand could help him out much more then Growl had in the past.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Training Session   A Simple Training Session - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 12:13 am

"Ah.. fair enough then," she smiled in response. She knew that many pokemon considered growl to be a useless move, however when used correctly it could give the user a decent head start in battle. Nevertheless, if the Pikachu intended to forget the move, there was no point in working on techniques with it.
"How about we start with some running then?" she suggested, wanting to help Nate improve his speed, "Just a quick exercise, two laps around this room. The first you should do at full speed and the next at whatever pace you're comfortable with. Pace yourself and cool down."
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Training Session   A Simple Training Session - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 8:19 pm

"Running?" Nate asked in a slight tone of exasperation, looking around the room. Honestly it wasn't that he was against getting active or doing things, that was why he was there. He was usually ready for anything, but despite all of that running was one of those things he found annoying.
"Well, I'm not here to complain. I'm here to train." He continued, accepting the instruction from Violet. After all, she's the one running the dojo. I'm pretty sure she has a good idea as to what's best. The pikachu thought to himself, walking over to the edge of the room and starting to run as fast as he could on two paws, which wasn't exactly the slowest pace it could be, but it wasn't the fastest either.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Training Session   A Simple Training Session - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 8:36 pm

"Running is training," replied Violet promptly, watching as the Pikachu began to do as she had instructed, "If you keep up the same regimes you'll eventually improve. Running like this will help to improve your speed as well as your general strength."
The Oshawott watched Nate for a moment before she joined him, jogging along with him effortlessly as he ran a lap around the training area.
"I'd probably encourage you to do something like this outside of the dojo once a day as well, since two laps isn't going to change much," she commented, "Though if you want to use the dojo to run laps in rather than somewhere I won't charge you," she chuckled, "Just let me know you're here."
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Training Session   A Simple Training Session - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 9:47 pm

"Right, right..." Nate muttered, wanting to conserve breath while he continued his first lap around the room at full speed. He glanced over at Violet as she started to simply jog, not even seeming to use all of her energy.
"You don't even look like you're trying. What, do you just run often?" He asked between breaths, nearing about three quarters of the way done with his first lap. "I'll keep the offer in mind." The Pikachu added, still running at his fastest pace.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Training Session   A Simple Training Session - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 11:48 pm

"What sort of example would I set if I didn't train myself using my own methods!" grinned the Oshawott in response to the Pikachu's question. Violet actually quite liked to run, finding it an enjoyable way to pass time, especially if you were running somewhere outside where you could feel the force of the wind blowing through your fur.
They were nearing the end of the first lap now, Violet keeping her pace equal to Nate's. She also kept silent, wanting the Pikachu to use his energy for running rather than responding to her. As they reached their first full lap, Violet slowed to merely a fast walk, letting her body rest after the more intense running.
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Training Session   A Simple Training Session - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 6:00 pm

Nate immediately started to slow down as he finished the first lap, going to a steady walk as he started to head around once more, controlling his breaths to try and gradually slow it down.
"Got me there. I probably should have expected that you would take your own advice." The pikachu commented, walking at an almost leisurely pace to cool down from the run.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Training Session   A Simple Training Session - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 7:07 pm

Violet chuckled good naturedly as the Pikachu replied after slowing his pace down, "I find running to be rather fun," she grinned, "and the fact that it can help one improve their general speed and athleticism makes it a great basic way to train."
Despite how exhausted Nate appeared to be already, Violet was still full of energy and would have happily done another lap, however she was not one for showing off and so remained at an equal pace to the Pikachu.
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Training Session   A Simple Training Session - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 7:32 pm

"Right, yeah, running, fun." Nate remarked, smirking as he did so and glancing over at Violet. "Not gonna argue with you though, it does help out with training and speed, stuff like that." He continued to say, still not thinking of it as the most fun activity but recognizing it as a helpful one. He kept walking at the same speed, taking note of the Oshawott's energy she still seemed to have. There's a goal to get to. Be able to train and do things like this and have that much energy afterwards. Small steps, small steps. The Pikachu thought to himself, his breathing starting to slow back to a regular pace.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Training Session   A Simple Training Session - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 11:25 pm

Violet grinned as she realised that the Pikachu had stopped breathing heavily. Their second lap was nearly over and now that Nate had cooled down after the running, she would get to work trying to teach him Magnet Rise.
However to teach such a move, Nate would need to be completely concentrated, and after running like that without being used to it he was bound to feel thirsty, thus Violet offered him a drink of water before continuing.
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Training Session   A Simple Training Session - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 7:57 pm

Nate looked over at the Oshawott and smiled, nodding his head.
"I think some water would be nice, thank you." He said in response to her offer. It wasn't so much that he didn't run a lot as much as whenever he did run, usually something was after him and it was pure adrenaline keeping him going. Of course at the dojo there was no such threat, and thus he felt the affects rather quickly. He had to give Violet credit, she did a pretty good job at pushing Pokemon at the dojo to train and work. At least as far as he knew.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Training Session   A Simple Training Session - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 3:28 pm

Violet nodded and quickly popped into an adjacent room to grab the Pikachu a drink. Returning shortly after with a jug of cool water and two wooden cups. The cups didn't have handles, but were made of oak and were neatly carved and sanded into shape. Pouring some water into one of the cups, she handed it to Nate with a smile before pouring herself some. For most pokemon it was important to keep hydrated whilst training, most rock and ground types being some of the exceptions.
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Training Session   A Simple Training Session - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 4:07 am

The Pikachu looked down at the two wooden cups as Violet started to fill them, cradling one of the filled ones in his paws and taking a gulp from it, drinking the water eagerly.
"Thank you." He thanked Violet once more, before taking another gulp of water. "Why start a dojo to train others? No offense or anything, but it just seems like there's so much more you could do." Nate asked, deciding to make some conversation during the water break.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Training Session   A Simple Training Session - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 10:44 pm

"You're welcome," she smiled cheerfully, taking a sip from her own cup as Nate asked his question.
"I guess I just want to help others improve their skills. If what i'm good at is teaching, then why not use it to do just that?" she replied with a smile. Whilst on this topic, the Oshawott took the chance to ask a question of her own.
"I've always been curious as to why others decide to be explorers, as everyone seems to have a different reason. What's yours?" she asked, not meaning to pry but genuinely curious.
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Training Session   A Simple Training Session - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 11:29 pm

"I get it. Sticking with what you know, helping others, that kind of stuff." Nate commented, looking down at his water and nodding his head. He took another sip as Violet asked her question, thinking about an answer.
"My reason for being an explorer?" He reiterated, placing his cup down and trying to stall as he came up with an answer. "I guess just because it's what I enjoy doing. I want to travel around, see the world, help out when I can. That kind of stuff." The Pikachu responded, smiling slightly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Simple Training Session   A Simple Training Session - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Simple Training Session
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next