Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

ENERGY SYSTEM

Go down 
+7
FoxFireAlchemist
JeffMandM
Suds
Solilo
Savato
Nocive
Kat
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Should we use this energy system on the site? (Please give reasons within the thread x3)
Yes
ENERGY SYSTEM I_vote_lcap59%ENERGY SYSTEM I_vote_rcap
 59% [ 17 ]
No
ENERGY SYSTEM I_vote_lcap28%ENERGY SYSTEM I_vote_rcap
 28% [ 8 ]
Maybe, I have some questions or concerns...
ENERGY SYSTEM I_vote_lcap13%ENERGY SYSTEM I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 29

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

ENERGY SYSTEM Empty
PostSubject: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 12:05 am

Energy/Health

Ok, we all know the issue of a lot of people god-modding(NEVER fainting) in this rp. So here's a system that is similar to a point system:

Energy System
~Beta Testing~

Energy
Energy is what allows you to do things in a thread, such as enter a specific dungeon and roll dice for items and encounters. Once your character has run out of ENERGY they will "Faint", BUT your character may remain IN the thread. You can choose whether they pass out for a bit or become to exhausted to move much.

Overall Energy
Your "Base Energy"(BE for short) will be determined according to this:
Overall Stats - # BE
1-100 - 5 BE
101-200 - 8 BE
201-300 - 11 BE
301-400 - 14 BE
401-500 - 17 BE
501+ - 20 BE

To find your overall stats, simply use this site: To find your pokemon, simply hit CTRL+F and type in your pokemon's species name and you will be guided to it.
That is your BASE stat, meaning that is what you will DEFINITELY have more than as a base. Once you have found your base energy, simply add on the number of levels your character is to it. For example, if you were a level 5 Bidoof, your total stat would be 250. A total stat of 250 would mean it has 11 BE(Base Energy). Your character is level 5 though, so now your Energy is 16. If you were level 2 your Energy would be 13, and Level 3 would be 14. Each level adds 1 point of Energy.

Using Energy
Energy is an important factor, it is needed to roll the dice of both Encountering and Items. Items will take away 1 energy each time if you have enough energy for it.

When you enter a dungeon, a certain number of energy will be subtracted from your total energy. If you have 30 energy, and go into a dungeon that takes away 15 when you enter, you will have 15 energy remaining to be used.

The amount Encountering takes away varies on just what appears, so use with caution. It will say on the dice result's image what amount of energy is lost by fighting or running away from this creature.

If you are burned or poisoned, 1 energy will be taken away with each page you rp without healing yourself with a pecha berry, rawst berry or a heal seed and such.

A defense scarf will reduce the amount of energy a encounter takes by 1, meaning if the encounter takes away 1, you get a free encounter. THIS ONLY WORKS WHEN YOU ARE WEARING IT.

Restoring Energy
Low on energy? Character can barely move? Healing items such as Oran Berries will restore your energy upon being eaten. A list will be made in the future of what restores how much.

If you do not have such healing items, then you can simply rest your character or prolong battles that you currently have. Each page will restore 1 energy point, so dragging things out will not only earn you more pages to level up, but more energy to stay! If you spend an entire page not encountering or finding any item, the 1 energy you receive will add onto your energy. Meaning you have limitless energy and can keep stacking it up as long as you like without using it! Although, when you end the thread and leave the dungeon, it will be set back to your Normal Total Energy.

Tips
-Using Oran berries even when you're at your total energy, will INCREASE your energy for that thread. Meaning you can spam Oran Berries into your character and end up with 500 energy, but when you end that thread and go to another, it will go back to your total energy.

-Try taking turns on who rolls the dice, that way when your character is exhausted, your partner can begin to roll while your character rests and heals.

-Keep track of your energy by posting your total amount of current energy in each post, you can do it every now and then, but please keep track of how much energy you have!

This^ is what the beta testers are currently testing.

Last edited by BlueKat12 on Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:50 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updating Rules to System)
Back to top Go down

ENERGY SYSTEM Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 2:27 am

I personally am fine with it either way. If we do this or if we do what we've been doing for awhile. Although this brings in a more RPG style where Dice decide your fate. I'm just wanting to more or less see the thoughts of others. But you guys whined about nobody posting so here you go!
Back to top Go down

ENERGY SYSTEM Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 2:58 am

Well it's a ... somewhat cool idea... (I actually don't like the idea but oh well. It's just me)
It would probably take awhile from me to get used to it though... :P
Back to top Go down
Nocive

Nocive

Poké : 3100
Location : Somewhere, brooding on and on about the horrors of bleeding writing materials.

ENERGY SYSTEM Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 10:52 am

Truthfully, I don't really like this idea. As Mexter said, this turns the RP into more of an RPG and limits your capabilities of getting creative. It also adds up more work on handling your characters, and I'd much rather watch people fret on how to make quality posts over how much energy they have left before fainting. Eh, just my opinion. Ain't gonna like it, but go bonkers.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

Poké : 380

ENERGY SYSTEM Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 11:08 am

While this system seems interesting and logical, I also have to agree with its critics in that it limits creative freedom. Thus I would like to suggest making this system optional for threads, although one can't change it after the thread has started anymore.
Back to top Go down
Maxiorc

Maxiorc

Poké : 100

ENERGY SYSTEM Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 12:32 pm

i think this is a bad idea for a system, since it is based upon a base health, which would mean that it doesnt matter any other stats, so people would just use a pokemon and type with massive health, and anything else is out the window. seems sort of unfair, to others. id say use the iv system, and as u complete THREADS, or whatever resolution on the forum, add to the ev for health, so that they have fair system for everyone, since it would make people use like a chansey or something as a god-mod instead. so for example: say everyone starts with a base energy of 20 or so, then if u add evs, based on completion of certain sets(several topics, leveling a certain amount, etc.) then u can calculate that into hp, since 4 evs=1 point. keeping it equal, and fair to EVERYONE.

I honestly don't think a system would be a good idea in either way, but if site wants or needs a system, this would work better to prevent more god-modding with certain pokemon/species having a larger energy pool, because of a large base health stat. health for pokemon either ways is how long until a pokemon is "unable to battle" not necessarily when it is ko'ed, because in some instances, pokemon can still conciously make moves outside of a battle while it is "fainted."
Back to top Go down

ENERGY SYSTEM Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 3:13 pm

I can honestly understand how godmodding could/is a big problem... But still. This site won't be a whole "Utopian Society" People will do things that disobey the rules ... It will happen. Enforcing the rules with crazy systems may just make it a bit worse not on the RPers that are godmodding but the RPers that are not... Think about it... Those who are godmodding can easily go onto google and find a new PMD site... Maybe not as popular... Maybe they just won't even roleplay PMD... While this system would be stuck with us. It's unavoidable... This stuff happens in RPs... Plus people need that freedom of a good old fashion Roleplay not an RPG... Why else do you think governments don't increase police forces to an insane amount? Because they know stuff will happen. It's humanity... Humanity's old habits don't just step aside on the internet.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Poké : 290

ENERGY SYSTEM Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 3:14 pm

The problem with not having a system in place like this is that Level 5 characters have access to dungeons from the easy Pecha Forest to the *supposedly* hard Scorchfall Desert. It's either something like this, or I restrict all dungeons and then you unlock them as your character reaches a certain level.

An energy system in place like this would also encourage the use of items like berries, which currently have next to no use because people can just ignore them and go about their thread taking damage left right and center without actually gaining any consequence from it. It would also make rarer items actually rarer to find, because people can't just spam the item dice in a thread because it costs energy to find items.

Whilst I appreciate all the points risen i'd also like you to consider this too.

Also Maxi I don't see why people would use Pokemon with a high base health if they don't want to RP it. The RP aspects are still in play here, we're not turning it into a completely RPG based stat thing.

Of course even if a system like this does get put in place it will not be for a while since I understand there are loads of issues with it that we have not yet considered. Just I really do think there needs to be a way on the site to gauge a Pokemon's strength and limit access to dungeons until the character is strong enough. Doing this will also make certain items rarer and give more purpose to the shop section of the site as people will have to buy and sell to get the items they need.

The system would not limit creative freedom as badly as you might think, as the energy is taken when you encounter the pokemon. The moves and way you deal with it would be your choice, not based on the amount of damage it does to your character since energy would not work that way as it is not health.

Btw scuse this unorganised post I was just putting stuff down as it came to me.
Back to top Go down
https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org
Savato

Savato

Poké : 380

ENERGY SYSTEM Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 3:36 pm

With the clarifications made in regards to the system I can now say, that I support it.
Back to top Go down

ENERGY SYSTEM Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 3:47 pm

Don't mind me just posting some stuff from the chat here... Areas where I may be a moron are to be expected as every human is a moron when it comes to certain subjects.
Spoiler:
I still currently hope if this energy system is accepted it won't feel too much of an RPG or an actual game.
Back to top Go down
Suds

Suds

Poké : 1180

ENERGY SYSTEM Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 3:54 pm

I agree with the system. We definitely need something like this, before everyone is immortal.
Back to top Go down

ENERGY SYSTEM Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 3:59 pm

Oh yes I do know this is a short post but the fact of items being more worthwhile to buy. Maybe it's honestly not the fact everybody can get Said item. It's the fact nobody wants to buy it. Maybe it's because the only way to buy or sell is through RPers buying with each other. Maybe we need an store that's run by an NPC and not a player.

I Also have no clue how an issue that started this was so unrepairable that it's only solution was to make this... Especially with that war of text in the chat happening right now. Also I put some thoughts I had in my head in () when something comes up.
Yes there's some language but it's a chat log... What do you expect?:
Still though. If it was noticed about people godmodding and what not there's a simple thing called asking them to stop. Quite easier than going into a semi-complicated thing. Same could work for those Item-spamming. Also Because I post this, does not mean I 100% Back up ant on everything. I post it for those who weren't there. Could I technically say this should remain up for some sort of Law about Fair Use? Why not?

Last edited by MexterInfinite on Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Poké : 290

ENERGY SYSTEM Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 4:38 pm

The issue with items is that there is no use for them. People won't buy berries, scarves and the like because there's no system for health or energy.
However, people won't buy TMs and the like because they can go out and find them on their own. Again, this fixes the whole issue with buying and selling and shizz as certain items are rarer and harder to access.

Also another point. People are complaining that you cannot be as creative because you'll run out of energy if you roll too much. If you carry oran or sitrus berries, you can use then to regain energy, again giving use to items that were previously classed as useless by most of the site.

Other berries like Pecha Berries can also be used to cure poisoning. Since poisoning would likely take energy for every page you are afflicted with the condition. Again, bringing more uses to items that had next to no usefullness.

A defense scarf item. With the energy system in place, one less energy is taken from you when rolling an encounter. More useful? I think so.
Back to top Go down
https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org
JeffMandM

JeffMandM

Poké : 1280

ENERGY SYSTEM Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 6:26 pm

I'm all for this, although it would be in our best interest to add some moderators to overlook this system. If you wish to do so, I'd be happy to help oversee the system. I just want to make a difference in this site and thought that being a helper mod for the system might just do that.
Back to top Go down

ENERGY SYSTEM Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 6:54 pm

Pardon me while I do something I may or may not regret...
Well As some people may think. If this is a popular topic on the site.. You'll be thinking of it quite a bit. I personally do think quite a bit about it. But while thinking I've thought a bit deeper of why I personally don't want the system to be implemented. So please enjoy the failure to explain things. I'll just be letting thoughts flow... So if you find something that makes you want to kill me... Too bad. DISCLAIMER: I was listening to music during this so there may be times I'm hostile and times I'm not... Music affects the mind easily.
Well first off, it's a change. I personally, don't like changes when things seem to be going fine. Onto something like the reasons... Godmodding. Think about it. The site isn't an actual Game.... There shouldn't be game overs of any kind. Something you guys are thinking about is how it's extremely serious. It's a roleplay. Not some champion's cup in Golf or some sport. But you're putting so much work into a topic that's going to take more and more and more work. This is the internet. You can't just do something and what you tried to fix is gone forever from the site. There will be godmodders. It's an unavoidable thing. You can try all you want too. Plus remember 4chan. Once the mods are asleep Rules are now gone for the night. Unavoidable. Period. Another thing... Item Spam. You're going to have a bunch of mods to monitor the forums making sure everyone is obeying this new energy system. So Mods will monitor it? Why don't you just monitor the forums and make sure items aren't being spammed anyways? Seems a bit reasonable. If anything you don't have to go and make sure everybody knows the new rules... Nobody has to do a bunch of stuff and it's about as simple as monitoring for people following the energy rule. Regarding the dungeons being accessed as low levels... This should've been thought of when the site was a bit newer but Level Bars... If you're not this level you cannot enter this part of the forum... Ex. If you're not level 7 yo cannot enter anywhere in the Rainfront Section of the forum. More chances to faint. This should honestly be up to the RPers... It's and RP not an actual video game or a tabletop rpg. Fainting adds a bit of drama. Something RPers use. Doesn't mean because not much drama from characters fainting is happening we should go and implement a system. (Also at this point I'm going off of those things Serene said at the bottom of my first Chat log in this topic.) "no consequences for encounters whether you win or lose" Honestly. There's satisfaction and consequences. if you're a good enough RPer to allow that. Again it adds the drama. Killing off a pokemon in 5 posts or so... Not much drama... Not much of a fight. Taking almost a page. That's a good fight. They put effort into it. It's adds to the atmosphere. The OCs of the forum you could say are like the main characters of a book. They don't die unless it's purposeful. Which ties into godmodding a tiny bit. But people put different effort into work. Let's say you were a teacher in like elementary school. An Art teacher perhaps? One person does terrible while the other person does amazing. Would you MAKE the one who did bad stay there until they did good like the other? No... because people have different interests and Talents. Some people are natural writers. Some people enjoy the challenge of a long post. Others just want to have a small story made by two or more people in the series of small posts so they all have a say in the matter. Anywaaaays... Onto the next subject... "providing a better use for berries and other such items(as they can recover energy)" Again this is a matter of the roleplayer... They can chose to have berries be an important impact on their character in an RP if they want to add to the immersion or they could leave them out. Same as the whole drama aspect I've explained before. Next! Well this has two things... The classic Immersion RPer drama thing I've been saying quite a bit here, or like I said in an earlier post that Serene Already replied to about the fact we only have limited supplies for buying and selling and that we need an NPC with unlimited Poke for selling things and a weekly updated stock of items. But we still allow the trading between RPers. To the next subject. "limiting access to dungeons and items will encourage others to buy and sell instead of going out to find the items on their own." Level bars... Better items in higher leveled places. Not much else to speak of that topic. " Less god-modding and more chances to faint" I think I already explained this in the beginning. Lastly! "not every team will then be perfect since there is actually a chance of failing missions which currently there is not." Well you may have already guessed the immersion stuff. But what's the harm in missions always succeeding? If we're low on missions give the board updaters time to post some up. Of course I see what you mean with the fact every mission is completed unless the users go inactive, but we can't force something onto people. That's all I'm saying. Anyways... That's all I have to say for letting my thoughts flow... So yes...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ENERGY SYSTEM Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM Empty

Back to top Go down

ENERGY SYSTEM
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next