Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

ENERGY SYSTEM

Go down 
+7
FoxFireAlchemist
JeffMandM
Suds
Solilo
Savato
Nocive
Kat
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Should we use this energy system on the site? (Please give reasons within the thread x3)
Yes
ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 5 I_vote_lcap59%ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 59% [ 17 ]
No
ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 5 I_vote_lcap28%ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 28% [ 8 ]
Maybe, I have some questions or concerns...
ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 5 I_vote_lcap13%ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 29

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 12:05 am

First topic message reminder :

Energy/Health

Ok, we all know the issue of a lot of people god-modding(NEVER fainting) in this rp. So here's a system that is similar to a point system:

Energy System
~Beta Testing~

Energy
Energy is what allows you to do things in a thread, such as enter a specific dungeon and roll dice for items and encounters. Once your character has run out of ENERGY they will "Faint", BUT your character may remain IN the thread. You can choose whether they pass out for a bit or become to exhausted to move much.

Overall Energy
Your "Base Energy"(BE for short) will be determined according to this:
Overall Stats - # BE
1-100 - 5 BE
101-200 - 8 BE
201-300 - 11 BE
301-400 - 14 BE
401-500 - 17 BE
501+ - 20 BE

To find your overall stats, simply use this site: To find your pokemon, simply hit CTRL+F and type in your pokemon's species name and you will be guided to it.
That is your BASE stat, meaning that is what you will DEFINITELY have more than as a base. Once you have found your base energy, simply add on the number of levels your character is to it. For example, if you were a level 5 Bidoof, your total stat would be 250. A total stat of 250 would mean it has 11 BE(Base Energy). Your character is level 5 though, so now your Energy is 16. If you were level 2 your Energy would be 13, and Level 3 would be 14. Each level adds 1 point of Energy.

Using Energy
Energy is an important factor, it is needed to roll the dice of both Encountering and Items. Items will take away 1 energy each time if you have enough energy for it.

When you enter a dungeon, a certain number of energy will be subtracted from your total energy. If you have 30 energy, and go into a dungeon that takes away 15 when you enter, you will have 15 energy remaining to be used.

The amount Encountering takes away varies on just what appears, so use with caution. It will say on the dice result's image what amount of energy is lost by fighting or running away from this creature.

If you are burned or poisoned, 1 energy will be taken away with each page you rp without healing yourself with a pecha berry, rawst berry or a heal seed and such.

A defense scarf will reduce the amount of energy a encounter takes by 1, meaning if the encounter takes away 1, you get a free encounter. THIS ONLY WORKS WHEN YOU ARE WEARING IT.

Restoring Energy
Low on energy? Character can barely move? Healing items such as Oran Berries will restore your energy upon being eaten. A list will be made in the future of what restores how much.

If you do not have such healing items, then you can simply rest your character or prolong battles that you currently have. Each page will restore 1 energy point, so dragging things out will not only earn you more pages to level up, but more energy to stay! If you spend an entire page not encountering or finding any item, the 1 energy you receive will add onto your energy. Meaning you have limitless energy and can keep stacking it up as long as you like without using it! Although, when you end the thread and leave the dungeon, it will be set back to your Normal Total Energy.

Tips
-Using Oran berries even when you're at your total energy, will INCREASE your energy for that thread. Meaning you can spam Oran Berries into your character and end up with 500 energy, but when you end that thread and go to another, it will go back to your total energy.

-Try taking turns on who rolls the dice, that way when your character is exhausted, your partner can begin to roll while your character rests and heals.

-Keep track of your energy by posting your total amount of current energy in each post, you can do it every now and then, but please keep track of how much energy you have!

This^ is what the beta testers are currently testing.

Last edited by BlueKat12 on Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:50 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updating Rules to System)
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Peach

Poké : 1060

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 10:11 pm

Yes, hoarding is generally a good idea, but my point is there's only a few items worth gathering out of all the items there are to gather.

True, those Pokemon will eventually be banned, but by then there'll be a good amount of damage done. Yes, they'll be stuck for a while, but I don't think they'll care much, though I admit that particular comment's more of a guess.

I actually wasn't going to ask that, but good to know anyways, so thanks. XD
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 10:35 pm

Hoarding specific items would also be difficult, since when the energy system comes in a new dice system will be included, you won't be able to choose your item at your leisure like you can now, you'll have to roll the item specifically. So yes, hoarding is a smart choice, but it's also difficult. So you'll be getting a lot of "worthless" items, but those "worthless" items could end up as missions one day, so you could easily stack them up and have them at the ready when/if that mission comes, and if someone else takes it you could sell the items to them.

As for people not caring, I doubt people would not care about the very character they are roleplaying...if someone makes a character without putting some actual thought into it and are now stuck with it, it's a fact that sooner or later the creator will regret it, that or they're not as in to rping as most of us are and are just here to "Be Number One" of the forums and brag about it to a bunch of people that wont care most likely.
Back to top Go down
Peach

Poké : 1060

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 12:04 am

Gathering all those items would have little point. There's way too many items in which the only point in getting them is for quest completion and grabbing item after item in hopes that a quest requires it in the future has a very slim chance of working out for each quest. Granted, assuming you're at it long enough it's bound to happen eventually, but how long will that take? Selling an item to someone for the sake of them completing a quest is even more pointless unless they beat you to the quest, and even then it's questionable. If you sell an item to someone, they're going to pay less than the quest reward, unless items are also rewarded, but even then you'll get less than the quest's net worth. It's nobody's fault, just simple economics, but it's still true.

As for the characters, I never meant to imply they wouldn't put depth into them and apologize if I did. I just meant to say their choice in the character's species would be more based off what gets the most stats than what fits the character.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 12:23 am

The point is this system helps in controlling the dice and godmodding your way into difficult areas, making items harder to obtain, even if you don't want the item that is spawned, you could just ignore it. Watamel berries are COMPLETELY useless in Pecha Forest, that's because they are for MISSIONS. What's wrong with having an extra stick or berry laying around in your storage for a mission? Items like Power Band would make no sense in saving energy when using the stupid thing caused you to exert it, thus is why items like those wont be affecting it. I would suggest everyone just being at the same damn energy base plus what level that are but then someone else would argue that pokemon need variety which is true, it MAKES SENSE that a magikarp would be unable to go to Obsidian Crevice but able to go to small pond.

As for the characters, it's their choice! If they want to be that way JUST so they can go farther in a MAP when there's plenty of places to rp then that's their choice....if it's a matter of locations to rp how about we simply make more locations that are considered "easy" like pecha forest?

As a summary: You can't satisfy everyone. People want a SIMPLE system, some are saying that even THIS is complicated like Serene had said. A complex system would be too much of a huge change, if a problem arises AFTER we implement it then we fix it. Simple as that! If it's required to make it more complex then fine we will. IF IT'S REQUIRED. So far it's been relatively easy street in the beta testing, just less die spamming and more exhausted characters in the difficult area. A level 7 pokemon even managed to worm their way into the harder area thanks to the help of a pokemon that's like level 28 or some shiz.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 1:50 pm

Hello. I know I am a new member here but I thought I would go ahead and give my two cents in since I have been to a lot of different rp sites and have participated in table tops as well.

First off, nothing is stopping a dice rolling system from being a good rp experience. Good rping is COMPLETELY dependent on the players participating in it. I don't see the energy system proposed itself as causing a problem in that department.

In fact, there is one thing I particularly like about it. It adds a sense of a world outside your control. You can plan and prepare for it, but you do not guide the entirety of what happens. I have no problem having my character react to stimuli and base his actions off of that, both good and bad. It would certainly make dungeon explorations and exploration into other regions feel more like an expedition. You have to get resources, pace yourself, and rest when necessary.

Its not like the system covers domestic areas like cities and towns. Free rp areas would and should still be the same there.

However, I can see this system being clunky and vague at times on the nature of certain things. Certainly, I think that rare items should be determined by their rarity, not their energy. (My advise is to simply change item charts around. Have rarer, more useful items be on the item roll for higher dungeons. The rare item for lower dungeons could be something that the higher dungeon normally has ample amounts of).

I think you need play testers, and I volunteer to be a part of that. After a dungeon run or two, I'll give you my report about the experience.
Back to top Go down
Jikumo

Jikumo

Poké : 1176

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 2:36 pm

I say go for it, but make it a bit easier to use. I hate it when I have to worry about a ton of extra things other than the story or the quality. Also, I kind of think making the base energy so low promotes the usage of berries, but then again, if you can't find any berries and you have none on you, then what? It's going to be very tough to put a system like this into an rp where there really is no set system like this already. Dice rolling...eh, not a fan or dice deciding what I do basically. I like to have a free open world in front of me where I can do whatever I want, within reason of course. I try to give my battles realistic damage, but I like the fact that I don't just drop to the ground because my character doesn't have a large stat total. Just my two cents, and I'm probably wrong, but its just my opinion. If this does happen, I say make it optional.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:34 pm

Okay yeah about what you said just there, about the " I try to give my battles realistic damage," thing.

"Crash sighed in annoyance as Bait tried to bring the Loudred to them, "You shouldn't make yourself a target, if he attacked, you couldn't have dodge with those fins." He saw Bait completely ignore him and pick up a nearby revival seed. He left the fish behind and ran at the loudred, getting close enough to his ears, then using Fake Out to make a loud noise. The Loudred folded his ears too late, and uttered a loud and painful sound, falling to the ground, stunned. Crash jumped up into the air and fell back down, his leg glowing with energy as his smashed into the Loudred, knocking him out."
This has only happened once as far as i know but:
Loudred ≥ 20 You ≤ 9
Even with a super effective critical, loudred would have survived.
Just puttin' that out there.
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

Poké : 1760

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 6:08 am

I was reading through the posts on the energy system and such and some things just kept nagging at me. Also, sorry about this post being so late, though you probably already know why it's so late.

1.) Why are only HP restoring items being used as Energy restoring items?
This was probably why so many people thought Energy was HP. As I read it, I saw it more as Hunger then HP. As such, I think all food items should restore it. Things like Plain seeds would restore little, maybe only 1, while Sitrus berries restore a whopping 10, and Apples, being pure food items, can restore a large 15 energy. Pecha and Rawst berries would still stop energy reduction through poisoning or burns, but if the Pokemon isn't going through those, they'd just restore 2 energy.

2.) Why is Energy Restriction used for entering dungeons as opposed to Exploration Rank?
I think Exploration Teams should be exempt, or at least not as affected, from losing energy by entering a dungeon. (Going more into this after a little thought, I think that if a team's rank is equal to the dungeon's, they aren't given as high an energy penalty as normal pokemon, and as their rank increases, the penalty decreases. This would mean a high ranking team could enter an low ranking dungeon, such as Shadowhue Forest, without having to subtract any energy from their initial entrance. This might help in getting people to start teams early on instead of being solitary for a large part of their rping experience here then making a team later on.)

Concerning outlaws, such as Mirage the Zorua, who live in dungeons due to being outcasts. They should be exempt from the rule ONLY in the dungeon they live in. This way Mirage wouldn't have to pay up however much energy by interacting with other pokemon who enter her home.

For normal pokemon, I like the idea of the energy restrictions. Axi and I've started a thread simply to get Joy Ribbons, and since we could only obtain them in Blackmist Mountain, we have a level 9 Ralts in a dungeon that may well contain level 30 pr 40 pokemon!

3.) Why would you say Energy causes Fainting?
This is another reason why people seemed to confuse Energy with HP. If this is simply Energy, then you wouldn't simply faint or become weakened when you lose your energy, rather, you would actually BEGIN to weaken. A hungry or exhausted pokemon is not going to faint instantly, rather he'd simply be hungry or out of breath. For some pokemon, like a Munchlax or any pokemon used to eating well, this would be like death nails hammering into their coffins, and they might need to rest fairly quickly. Pokemon, like Akuroma, who are like most pokemon and eat regularly, but not too much, and exercise will feel hunger or winded but not need to rest as soon as those who would stuff themselves at every meal. And pokemon, like an outlaw such as Mirage, who do not eat as regularly or well as others and is constantly needing to stay on her toes, wouldn't feel the effects of being hungry or exhausted as much, and may simply slow down a little instead of needing to actually stop and rest. Sorry if this one seems a bit confusing, it confused me as I typed it.

That's pretty much all I can think of at the moment, guess I'll post this and keep on reading. Don't get me wrong, the system definitely looks like it'll work. I just noticed some stuff that looked a bit off or might've need a bit more refining in my opinion. Other than what I've stated, I see little or no fault in the system that couldn't be fixed with a simple rewording 'n such.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 12:06 am

Hey, I don't mind! I want a Zangoose character, which has a freaking 458 stat total! XD
Now to get to work on creating that character...
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 12:21 am

locking this thread because energy system has already been accepted and put in place
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ENERGY SYSTEM   ENERGY SYSTEM - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

ENERGY SYSTEM
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5