Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Stranded in Sinnoh

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Poké : 290

Stranded in Sinnoh - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Stranded in Sinnoh   Stranded in Sinnoh - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 1:15 am

First topic message reminder :

Post Order: Me, Kit, Suds, Silver, Ev in action as of #78305
Skip Policy: You are allowed to post and skip the person who was supposed to post if that person has not posted within a week since the last post.

Spoilered the first post because it's pretty long and then it doesn't take up space on all the other pages |D:

Last edited by Solilo on Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:23 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org

AuthorMessage
Evana

Evana

Poké : 7570

PostSubject: Re: Stranded in Sinnoh   Stranded in Sinnoh - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 12:47 pm

Polyxena stared at the hand of the man. It was something she had never seen before. "Metal?" She glanced at the red haired girl. The fairy had never seen metal before, but she had heard about it. It looked rather weird to her. Then the boy wearing a dress spoke up. He introduced himself as Latlevy and said the hand was probably a prosthetic. This only made the fairy more confused. "What is a prothetic?" She asked the others.

Xander spoke up again, speaking as if the idea of a prothetic was ridiculous. He called himself a cyborg. Something that was part human, part machine. She had never heard about a machine or cyborg before. The fairy didn't know what was happening anymore. "I'm... confused... What is a machine? What is a cyborg?" She asked him. It seemed the silver haired girl named Chrystine also didn't seem to know considering her comment.

Her attention went back to Latlevy when he asked who she was. She was still trying to progress what was going on and barely had heard the question. She looked over in the distance and just muttered. "Polyxena..."

Last edited by Evana on Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: Stranded in Sinnoh   Stranded in Sinnoh - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 2:53 pm

Ellychnia blinked at Chrystine's comment. So this girl was also a witch? Well... that didn't change that she'd still never heard of the term muggle before. The way she seemed to sniff, holding her in contempt just because she didn't believe her to be a witch or wizard in her terms, really seemed to rub Elly the wrong way, and so with a small smile that came across as nothing more than polite, she replied.
"Well I'm most certainly what one would call a witch, but have you tried using magic in this place? There's nothing."

She wasn't particularly sure why the silver haired girl seemed fixated on the difference between someone who had learned to use magic and someone who hadn't, but being rather proud of her own abilities, it was the one thing that Elly would defend about herself. It also provided a suitable distraction for the fact that she still couldn't feel any magic, except that small amount which she could sense from the fairy.

At the fairy's questioning glance as she mentioned metal, Elly looked back to her with a small smile, "You find pure forms of metals like copper, silver and gold in the ground... but then other metals are made up of combinations of those pure metals," she attempted to explain.

As the man in formal attire explained about his prosthetic limb, Elly attempted to mentally note the odd words he'd used to ask Tawnie about. She was always enthusiastic about her blacksmith work, and anything to do with metal and fire really. Perhaps if she could describe it well enough, she'd want to give it a go... It seemed like the sort of complexity and intricacy she'd enjoy experimenting with at least.

It was then that the man with the metal arm asked that she and the fairy introduce themselves. Although the fairy, Polyxena, introduced herself, Elly couldn't help but frown.

"I'm Ellychnia, but it's polite to introduce yourself before you ask the names of others," she frowned, having noticed that the man had not shared his name with them since he had entered the clearing.
Back to top Go down
Kitsune Empress

Kitsune Empress

Poké : 2380

PostSubject: Re: Stranded in Sinnoh   Stranded in Sinnoh - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 6:33 pm

Latlevy scoffed at the silver haired brat's words, if he didn't like her before, he really doesn't like her now. That superiority complex of hers is grating on his nerves, brats like her deserve to be beaten down a notch. If he wasn't so set on not hurting girls unless they're trying to really hurt him, and was any less of a man, he'd do it himself. Deciding to just ignore that girl until further notice, he instead listened to what that annoying man started saying about his arm.

“Wait seriously? You're some type of cyborg? Never thought I'd actually meet one of you in my life!” he said surprised, arms moving to rest at his sides, “That's actually really cool.” He admitted.

He listened to the rest of the conversation, speaking up after the two girls gave them their names. “A prosthetic is a man-made limb that can take the place of real body parts if something happens to them. Usually when people lose their limbs that don't get a prosthetic, because those cost way too much for most people to afford.” Latlevy explained, “A machine is a tool made up of multiple moving parts that can perform a variety of different functions. Usually powered by some form of energy, such as heat, electricity, water, or solar power.”

“A cyborg is a cybernetic organism that is any living being having parts of their body replaced by a machine to either enhance their bodies capabilities, or replace lost limbs like a prosthetic. These type of beings, I say that because not only humans can become cyborgs, are pretty rare where I'm from. I only really hear about them because they are popular concepts to use for superheroes or characters in various media.”

He took a breath, then smiled at Polyxena, “I hope that didn't confuse you anymore than you already was, Polyxena.” He looked at Elly as well, “And it's a pleasure to meet the both of you ladies, I wish it was on better conditions through.”
Back to top Go down
Suds

Suds

Poké : 1180

PostSubject: Re: Stranded in Sinnoh   Stranded in Sinnoh - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 9:49 pm

Surprised, Xander had thought none of the others had known about cybernetic creatures. Their reactions to the terms sure seemed to imply that. Polyxena didn'the even know what a prosthetic was, Chrystine had seemed confused, and Ellychnia only knew of a few pure metals. But then Latlevy took him for a loop when he gave an almost perfect description of the, though his language implied that he was talking about fictional beings.

"That's a beautiful definition of a cyborg, so you can go with what he said. Otherwise, with my kind, many, if not all, of the people, and most creatures are part machine, so I'm not such of a freak." The green haired man smiled lightly, more or less proving the robed girl wrong. "On another topic, I'm so sorry if I seemed rude, Ellychnia. The name is Xander Freed, and it's nice to formally meet you. Anywhile, I think we should continue talking with this little hostility compared to before. Aggression is going to get us nowhere, and I'don't rather it if we can be peaceful about this."

Xander took out his handkerchief from his front pocket and dabbed his forehead. He was starting to get nervous, and the situation was still bad. Although, it was getting better.

Last edited by Suds on Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

Poké : 6040

PostSubject: Re: Stranded in Sinnoh   Stranded in Sinnoh - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 10:54 pm

Chrystine's eyebrows raised. "You're a witch? How do you not know what a muggle is, then? Unless you're a mudblood, which is just as bad... Which is to say, your parents weren't magical?" She said in a questioning tone. Then she registered what else the girl had said. "What do you mean, there's no magic? Magic comes from within, so how could it be gone? Unless you have magical exhaustion... but you show no signs of that." Chrystine frowned.

She retrieved her wand from within her robes, twirling it between her fingers deftly. "Lumos!" she muttered, reaching for her magic to light the end of her wand. Nothing happened. Chrystine's eyes widened. She reached inside for her magic again, but it was like there was a barrier between her and her core. She could barely feel her magic on the other side of the barrier, but she couldn't reach it. "Salazar!" She hissed. "What is this?" She exclaimed. "I can't reach my magic! Merlin's soggy bottoms, what is this place, that it blocks magic?!"

She paid no attention to the rest of the conversation about metal and cyborgs, not really caring either way, and much more concerned about her magic. She tried a few more spells in vain, not even getting failed sparks to come out of her wand. She staggered against a tree, sliding down against it and staring blankly into space. "Where is my magic?" she whispered faintly.
Back to top Go down
Evana

Evana

PostSubject: Re: Stranded in Sinnoh   Stranded in Sinnoh - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 11:56 pm

Polyxena glanced at the red haired witch. Although she knew what metal was, she did appreciate the explanation. Then Latlevy tried to explain what a cyborg and a machine was. Although she didn't completely understood all the words, the explanation was clear enough for the fairy. "I kind of understand now..." She mumbled.

She glanced at Chrystine as she tried to use magic. "So nobody can use magic?" She asked. It seemed like she wasn't the only one without magic, but compared to everyone else, she was probably really weak. "What to do? No magic and I can barely fly..." She mumbled more to herself than to the others.

Last edited by Evana on Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: Stranded in Sinnoh   Stranded in Sinnoh - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 11, 2016 1:12 am

Ellychnia had shrugged at Chrystine's questioning tone, but a short period later, she replied, "My parents used magic too. Everyone can if they take the time to learn how..." she trailed off as she turned her attention back to the conversation about prosthetic limbs.

The young witch nodded briefly to Xander, acknowledging his introduction and his apology. She had also vaguely taken note of the whole cybernetics conversation, but short of conducting heat through metal to melt it, she didn't really deal in that sort of topic very often and so quickly became uninterested, though she did make an effort to remember some of it for Tawnie.

It was then that the silver haired girl seemed to register what she'd said about there being no magic. Elly didn't really know what magical exhaustion was, but she was pretty sure she didn't have it either.

The auburn haired witch watched with interest as Chrystine attempted to use magic. It had been a while since she had seen anyone use a conduit. Usually it was only seen with youngsters who were still learning or older individuals who perhaps weren't as articulate as they used to be. The sight amused her slightly, but she refrained from saying anything as she didn't wish to cause any more conflict.

Ellychnia frowned sympathetically as Chrystine realised that there really was no way to use magic here. She could relate to the sentiment after all. She looked to Polyxena and confirmed the fact that there was no magic with a small shake of her head. "Normally I can sense magic all around me, whereas now... there's nothing but emptiness.." she paused for a brief moment before continuing, looking at the fairy, "Well, except for you. You're the only thing I can sense magic from. It's faint, but it's still there," she continued with a small smile.

At that point, she made to move over to Chrystine, hoping to be some small amount of comfort. Crouching down next to the other witch aggravated the bruises she had gained from falling out of the tree slightly, but she ignored it for now.
"Are you okay?" she asked gently, "You know.. we all ended up here somehow, so there's got to be a way back. Doors work both ways after all..."
Back to top Go down
Kitsune Empress

Kitsune Empress

PostSubject: Re: Stranded in Sinnoh   Stranded in Sinnoh - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 11, 2016 4:23 pm

Latlevy smirked at Xander's slight praise of his explanation, flipping his hair (He really needs to get a new headband) back over his shoulder for the hundredth time. “I happen to know a thing or two about electronics, I dabbled in them for a while to take up my time after school. It's was a fun hobby, until that brat had to complicate things.” He muttered that last part in french.

“And, I'm glad I could be of some help to you.”He smiled again, when the fairy said that she 'sort' of understood what he was jabbering about. For someone who seems to not know anything about machines, he is glad it didn’t go one ear and out the other like Rudie when he tried explaining it to her.

He watched in slight amusement as the silverette started waving some stick around while shouting random words. It was like watching those little kids at costume stores trying to be wizards, hilarious in his opinion. He snorted when she almost fainted from not getting any 'magical' results from her 'conducting baton', he supposed he should feel bad for her since it really looked like she was devastated by this, but he honestly couldn't care any less about someone as rude as her.

“You act like it's the end of the world,” He spoke to the silverette, raising an eyebrow, “What are you so reliant on your magic that you can't survive without it? I'd hope not in your situation.” But seriously, he would like to believe that the people he got stuck with isn't some one trick ponies. Gods, that would make this situation even more disastrous than it already was.
Back to top Go down
Suds

Suds

PostSubject: Re: Stranded in Sinnoh   Stranded in Sinnoh - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 11, 2016 4:39 pm

"Dabbled in electronics, you say?" The green haired man smiled, but lost a bit of said grin when the teen said something in a different language that sounded almost like irritation, but he couldn't tell for sure, so he let it slide. "You could say I've dabbled in the field, too, but more extensively. I've made my fair share of devices, from time machines, to teleporters, but I still haven't figured out how to efficiently make better cybernetic parts for living creatures."

Xander looked down on the ground, wondering if he should tell them or not. He decided against it, since it would just end up causing more conflict, and he would get another chance to tell them later. He didn't want more fighting, but he couldn't keep the truth from the forever, especially if he wants to help them get back to their homes.
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

Poké : 6040

PostSubject: Re: Stranded in Sinnoh   Stranded in Sinnoh - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 12:40 am

Chrystine sent a glare in Latlevy's direction. "You wouldn't understand what it's like, you filthy muggle," she snarled. "To have magic all your life, and then have it suddenly taken from you? You have no idea! It's like... like being able to breathe and then suddenly forgetting how! It's a second skin, a power thrumming beneath the surface, always ready...." she trailed off, choking up.

"Only they'd be able to really understand," she said, waving in the direction of Elly and the fairy girl.
Back to top Go down
Evana

Evana

PostSubject: Re: Stranded in Sinnoh   Stranded in Sinnoh - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 2:27 pm

Polyxena sighed and decided to sit down. She wasn't the most used to standing on her legs for that long and she did hurt herself a bit in that fall. Being so weak didn't help either. The fairy leaned against a tree and listened to the conversation of the others. She couldn't understand what Xander and Latlevy were talking about. She figured it had to do with those machines the boy in a dress was talking about. She did understand magic a lot better and concentrated more on that conversation.

Polyxena looked between Latlevy and Chrystine. She actually didn't think anyone could really understand how she felt. Without magic, her whole existance was in danger. The little magic she had in her body was the only thing that kept her from disappearing. She knew that, but she was not planning to tell that to those strangers. The fairy watched how Ellychnia sat down and tried to comfort the other magic user. She wasn't exactly sure how everyone of them ended up here. She did hope that the red haired girl was right and that there was indeed a way to go back.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: Stranded in Sinnoh   Stranded in Sinnoh - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 12:36 am

Ellychnia frowned a little at Latlevy's words, but understood that someone who didn't use magic really couldn't understand how a magic user felt. Even some magic users weren't involved with magic enough to feel this way when they were deprived of it. Instead of yelling that Levy could not possibly get what she and Chrystine felt, the young witch paused for a moment in thought as she wondered how she could try and explain it to the other. She then began speaking with a calmer tone than that which the silverette had used, hoping to clarify how she felt on the matter without provoking further conflict.

"I can't speak for a fairy, as I know in Aletheia at least they are much more intrinsically linked with magic than humans are... however, for a human who has been have been involved with magic for most of their life you really feel it when it's not there," she paused as she stood up again, coming out of the crouched position and looking to the male wearing the dress.
"At least for me, it's like a symbiotic relationship. Magic flows through me, but the world around me is usually filled with far more magic than a human body could ever hope to produce and I can feel that magic all around me," the red haired witch began to explain in more detail, the movement of her hands indicating herself and the area around her at appropriate points and her tone soft with an almost reverent quality to it.

"I am able to use magic for various things, and in turn magic is able to to manifest itself in ways that it could not naturally. I can function without magic, and magic can function without me, but together we are better than we would be alone," she continued, speaking almost as if magic itself was a sentient being. Elly brought her hands together in front of her, interlinking her fingers as if to symbolise the symbiosis she was attempting to explain. She trailed off after her last statement, turning her amber gaze from her hands to Latlevy and looking for some sort of sign of understanding.

Unlinking her fingers, Elly then added, "For me... it's almost like a partnership. That's the best way I could describe it without teaching you how to sense and direct magic for yourself," she finished with a small smile. In a weird way, just talking about magic seemed to make her feel better about not being able to utilise it right here right now.

The odd gathering of individuals in the forest clearing had so far gone unnoticed to the humans native to this world... but the same was not true for the birds. A small group of black birds, with tails reminiscent to the end of a broom had begun gathering in the trees in the area, becoming rather irritated by the invasion of so many beings in their forest home...

[Beginning to set up the forest exit now so try to finish up any important conversations in this next round of posting if possible :D I don't want to have to leave things un-finished unless you guys specifically want that for certain things~]
Back to top Go down
Kitsune Empress

Kitsune Empress

PostSubject: Re: Stranded in Sinnoh   Stranded in Sinnoh - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 9:38 pm

Latlevy raised an eyebrow when the man started talking about how he made teleportation and time machines, shaking his head slightly in disbelief. It's like everyone here is from some fantasy world, just what the hell did I drop into? He frowned and rubbed the bridge of his nose, holding back the beginnings of a migraine.

He half-opened his eyes when the silverette started ranting at him, eyebrows raised in an arch that enhanced the fact that really didn't care much about her predicament, but was listening anyways. He glanced over at other two 'magical' ladies when she waved at them. He couldn't say that he wasn't a little sorry for them, but that was only because they haven't made it on his bad side like the other. Besides, he couldn't really sympathize with them. He can't say he has never had something he held close that he never thought he would lose taken from him, but he never depended on it so much that he couldn't ultimately deal with it's absence.

Suppose that’s what sets him apart from Anna, he just isn't the type to give out needless pity or really sympathize with another person he really didn’t know. And he for one, didn't know anybody here enough to really care about them and their well being, maybe in the future, he guesses.

The teenager stood and listened to the redhaired witch's words, watching her silently as she tried to explain just how the absence of magic was affecting her, and just what it is to her. He tilted his head to the side, causing his bangs to cover his right eye. “Heh.” Honestly, everything she was telling him is something he was familiar with, something that he learned from all those video games he played over the years. Maybe not exactly the same, but the concept was close enough that he could understand. Not that it really changed his opinion on this matter.

His face took a brief appearance of annoyance as he tucked his hair out of his eye, muttering something about needing to readjust his bandana to keep his hair out of his face. He glanced around and huffed, “I'm getting tired of standing around.” He was starting to feel like walking out real soon, to do something other than talking.

Last edited by Kitsune Empress on Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Suds

Suds

PostSubject: Re: Stranded in Sinnoh   Stranded in Sinnoh - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 18, 2016 1:46 am

"Magic does sound very interesting. I don't believe there's any of it from where I come." Xander said, as he made his way to sit down on the grass. "I wish there was, though. Imagine all of the things that could happen, mixing machines and magic. Oh, the fantasy!"

The green haired man crossed his legs as he sat down, and immediately his stomach made a noise of discomfort. He sighed, and scanned the area for any food. He saw meaty lifeforms, but his eyes couldn't immediately detect and edible plants. Guess I'll just need to wait, then. He thought, looking back at the other four.

"Maybe we should start looking for food. Hopefully we can find some berries. I don't like to eat meat. The poor creatures. The things they go through, and they just end up being consumed by people. What a horrible way to go." Xander said with a sigh. It just wasn't fair to the poor animals of the world.
Back to top Go down
Evana

Evana

PostSubject: Re: Stranded in Sinnoh   Stranded in Sinnoh - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 10:48 am

Polyxena just listened to what everyone was saying. The witch named Elychnia tried to explain what it meant for her to lose the ability to use magic. The explanation seemed reasonable. There were various beings that had little to no magic. She didn't know there were humans who were able to use magic. If she wasn't stuck in this place void of magic, she would be interested in the subject.

She glanced at the man named Xander. He seemed interested in combining magic and machines. She still had a hard time understanding what a machine was so she didn't know why he was so excited about the idea.

Polyxena glanced between the males. It seemed Latlevy was tired of all this talking and Xander suggested looking for food. The fairy could use a bit of food. It would probably give her more energy. She was a bit surprised to hear Xander didn't eat meat. Was it because he also wasn't human? Or was it for a different reason? The fairy slowly got up and looked between the others. "I guess I would like something to eat" She said in a rather quiet voice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stranded in Sinnoh   Stranded in Sinnoh - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stranded in Sinnoh
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next