Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Helping a friend gain strength

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Coaster
Backend / Coding Support
Coaster

Poké : 9308

Helping a friend gain strength - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 5:43 am

First topic message reminder :

Jak {37-16=21}
~Before Reaching Mountain Base~
After spending some time in grassveil in his home to rest from his recent journey's. Jak to take a visit into the town center.
He stumbled across an old friend in town. That person was a buizel named Jet. Jet had always come off as a little shy and timid pokemon to Jak. However Jak knew he had a lot of potential.

When Jak had saw his old friend. Jak offered to help train Jet some more. He seemed to like the idea of getting more training. Jak offered to bring him to Black Mist Mountain for some training. It would be a bit tougher then the normal areas around grassveil, but it would be helpful to Jet. Jet was a bit hesitant to do so at first, given that he had never been very far beyond Rainfront Town before. But he would be with Jak, somebody he knew he could trust and rely on...and it would serve to help him grow better than what he was used to. He needed greater progress than what he was currently receiving. After agreeing, Jak stated that they should prepare for the trip. It would be a few days trip to the mountain, especially from grassveil. The Buizel nodded to him, knowing full well that the mountain range was much farther than he had ever traveled before. He was definitely going to need to be properly prepared.
"So, I am going to get ready for the trip.. Meet me at the exit from town when your ready to head out." Jak stated as he waved to the Buizel. Jet nodded again, returning the wave before departing and seeking to gather what materials he would need as well. He just hoped that he could pull his own weight out there and wouldn't end up dragging Jak down with him....

~On the way to Mountain~
Jak had been walking at a steady pace with the Buizel, ensuring that they had not gotten too tired when they arrived there. Having breaks every so often , resting at night in natural shelters along the path. They both would have to be in top condition if they happened to have come across some hostile natives early on their adventure. "We are almost there. We should arrive there before tonight..." Jak stated as he looked around to see if there was any natural shelters from the elements for the night. The weather had been unstable in recent days. So Jak had not liked being out overnight without something overhead, Just incase the weather decided to go for the worst and start raining on him. Knowing that he could die if the rain got heavy enough, being something he had gotten used to doing before nightfall,

"We should probably keep an eye out for shelter the rest of the way. I really don't like getting caught outside when having to rest... It isn't fun being caught outside if it suddenly starts to rain... However, I can't say the same for you." Jak stated with a slight chuckle.

"How are you holding up so far?" Jak asked the Buizel, making sure he was still doing alright on the travel to the mountain.

Note For Staff:
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Coaster
Backend / Coding Support
Coaster

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength - Page 7 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 5:07 am

Jak 10

Encounters

Pokemon

Friendly, Neutral, Hostile, Unknown
Hover over pokemon to see their status or notes

AbsolCubone
(2) Poochyena
(2) Mightyena(1) Archen
(1) Archeops

Items

Coaster's RollDigi's Roll
(1) Spurn Orb(1) TM Stone Edge
(1) TM Focus Blast
The cubone looked towards the Buizel and back towards the larger Canines. It wasn't exactly sure where they went... Did they go and hide or something? The cubone shook its head no. Signifying that he didn't know where they had went.

Jak began to approach the 2 canines. Picking up the berry along the way and carried it to the two. "Jet, come here... I might need help lifting this rock." he said as he noticed the rock that was on top of the one hound. This isn't good... he thought to himself.

The other one canine that was guarding the other looked at the rock as Jak got near it. It took the hint that the group might try to get the rock off it. The boulder was stuck on the Mightyena's leg. It's leg was most likely crushed completely and would need something to help support it. Possibly having multiple fractures...
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

Poké : 860

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 4:35 pm

The Buizel looked around again, not seeing any sign of the two pups. He had assumed that the Poochyena were here because of their parents. But if that were the case, why weren't they right here right now? It didn't really make much sense to him.... However, when Jak approached the two Mightyena, Jet's attention was dragged back to the center again. Right. It was probably for the best that they deal with the biggest problem at hand first. If they needed to, they could look for the two pups later.

Jet let out a small sigh and stepped toward where Jak was now standing, cautiously approaching the two Mightyena as well. He still had a slight fear of them in the back of his mind, but at the same time, he didn't want to let Jak down. "W-well...I-I don't know how much help I'll be. I-I'm not all that physically strong, but...but I'm willing to give it a shot." he said to the Charmeleon. He stepped up beside his friend, ready to push with what little upper body strength he actually had.
Back to top Go down
http://pkmndn2.proboards.com/
Coaster
Backend / Coding Support
Coaster

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 12:04 am

[quote="coaster3000"]

Jak 11

Encounters

Pokemon

AbsolCubone
(2) Poochyena
(2) Mightyena(1) Archen
(1) Archeops

Items

(1) TM Focus Blast
Jak nodded lightly, "Any help is perfect. Doesn't matter how strong at this point." he stated as he braced himself against the boulder. The other canine seemed to go on the opposite side, right next to Jet. Seeming to ignore the Buizels internal fear at the moment. The cubone walked over towards Jak's side of the boulder and also prepared to lift the boulder with the group.

"Alright, on the count of three! 1!... 2!..." ((You assume three))

The group attempted to lift the rock off the pokemon.

[[Small post is small... sorry]]
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 6:51 am

Jet simply shrugged his shoulders and placed his paws up against the rock. He knew that Jak had a point. Any help at all would be beneficial, even if I was a miniscule addition. However, just as he was preparing himself mentally for the physical exertion he was about to put forth, the Mightyena stepped up beside him. This caused him to freeze for a moment in uncertainty, giving way to a momentary sense of fear. But it didn't last long. He cast one more quick glance at the Mightyena pinned to the ground by the boulder and shook his head. This one needed their help. And he couldn't let his nerves get the better of him in such an important situation.

As a result, he steeled his nerves for the moment and was ready when Jak began to count them down. Finally, the third count was shouted aloud and Jet heard the efforts of the other Pokémon beginning to push forward along with him. He pushed with everything he had, hoping to use whatever little power he had in him to free the injured Dark-type Pokémon.
Back to top Go down
Coaster
Backend / Coding Support
Coaster

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 5:30 am

Jak 11

Encounters

Pokemon

AbsolCubone
(2) Poochyena
(2) Mightyena(1) Archen
(1) Archeops

Items

(1) TM Focus Blast
As the group of pokemon pushed against the rock. It eventually started to give way. "Almost there!" Jak shouted as the rock started to lift up. As this happened the canine that was previously trapped under the rock attempted to move out of the way of the rock.

It was having a very difficult time as it tried to do so. Eventually clearing the rock by a few inches if it were to drop again. "Alright! Slowly now!" he said as he started lowering the rock once more. He didn't want it to drop. If it did, there was a possibility of it rolling on the hound again.
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 7:23 am

Jet grunted, panting from the effort of shoving the rock with all of his strength. Granted, he didn't have a whole lot of strength left after the ordeal he had gone through only a few minutes ago, but he was still giving it everything he had. And at last, the rock budged just far enough to allow the Mightyena to slowly and obviously weakly crawl out from underneath the trap. And now came the time to lower the boulder back I place. He certainly did not need Jak to tell him to be careful with it, either. He started to lower the rock with the others, slowly and eventually setting it back down onto the stone floor below. Soon, the rock was back in place and the Mightyena was freed. Once this was accomplished, jet immediately fell onto his back, his exhaustion finally kicking in again. He laid there, panting...just glad that he could at least say he was a part of the effort. Though he doubted his efforts had actually accomplished much today...
Back to top Go down
Coaster
Backend / Coding Support
Coaster

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength - Page 7 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 4:21 am

Jak 11

Encounters

Pokemon

AbsolCubone
(2) Poochyena
(2) Mightyena(1) Archen
(1) Archeops

Items

(1) TM Focus Blast
As the rock came down slowly. Jak started to feel his own strength start to ebb away. Just a little more he thought to himself as the stone was almost down completely.

Just as the stone was put down. Jak immediately let go and dropped himself against the boulder. "Yaaaay.... -pant- Piece of cake...." Jak joked as he tried to keep himself steady. He glanced over to the injured Mightyena with a smile. Now he had to find a way to treat its leg... The thing is wild, and probably is going to like what he has to do... Tying something tightly around something that already hurts... heh... he has only seen it one other time, and it wasn't a pretty sight... Once the pokemon was able to move that time he saw it... The one that did tie the broken bone got a nice punch to the face.

So he didn't quite know how a feral pokemon would react...

"Hey Jet... How you doing over there." he asked as he attempted to get up. "I need ya to come here for a second when your able to... We... might have uhh... Yea, I rather tell you when your here..." he stated as he remained where he was for a moment. "Need me to come to you?" he asked, as he was unsure if Jet was going to get to him or not.
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength - Page 7 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 6:49 pm

Jet took deep breaths as he tried to regain himself from his exhaustion. All this physical exertion was really draining on his still surprisingly untrained body. First a fight with the Cubone, then a big battle against a lot of powerful Steel-type Pokémon, a collapsing mountain, and now lifting and gently setting a huge boulder back down again. Not to mention all of the walking and climbing he had had to do in between all of everything else, with very little rest to show for it. This was all rather tough for him...but for Jak's sake, he needed to just grunt and bear it. He needed to endure, to keep the Charmeleon's efforts worth it. He couldn't give up...Jak had come all the way out here with him for him. He couldn't let him down.

And so, when Jak asked him to come on over, Jet nodded and stood up again. When the Charmeleon asked if he needed to come to him instead, Jet shook his head. "N-no, it's okay..." he murmured in response. "I-I'm fine. I'll come...." He started making his way toward where Jak was currently trying to get back up himself. "S-so...what was it that you wanted me to do? B-because I can try my best at whatever it is, but I...can't make any promises..."
Back to top Go down
Coaster
Backend / Coding Support
Coaster

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength - Page 7 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 8:27 pm

Jak 11

Encounters

Pokemon

AbsolCubone
(2) Poochyena
(2) Mightyena(1) Archen
(1) Archeops

Items

(1) TM Focus Blast
Jak looked at the canine after Jet had asked what he wanted him to do. "I think we might have a problem..." he said in a more hushed tone. "That mightyena definitely has crushed, if not completely broken bones in its leg..." he added. He still kept to a more quiet tone as he did so. "You know how to treat these right? I do, but... The thing is, it is very painful... These pokemon are feral... I am not entirely sure how they will react if We were to help out with the broken leg..." he stated in a bit of a worried tone, still remaining quiet.

Jak looked towards Jet after a moment. "Got any ideas on how we can prevent the pain when we do go to help fix its leg? Because, I doubt it will be very happy to have us tying something to its leg tightly. Especially since it already hurts." Jak asked, still remaining quiet.

((Perhaps something along the lines of getting it to sleep would prevent the reaction and the pain during the procedure... ))
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 5:09 am

"T-treat these...?" Jet asked loudly as though it were one of the strangest things he'd ever been asked. When he realized his tone was louder than he had intended, he quickly silenced himself again. He waited for a moment to get his volume under control before continuing. "N-no, I-I'm afraid I don't know how to treat something like this. I-I'm not very knowledgeable on severe medical conditions like this. I-I only know how to tend to small injuries or open wounds. I-I've never had a broken limb before, l-let alone one as bad as this one probably is...."

Jet then looked down at the Mightyena again. For some reason, "feral" wasn't the term he would use to describe these Pokémon. He had always envisioned feral Pokémon as being uncaring Pokémon that would only attack or cause harm mindlessly. These Pokémon cared more for each other than anything. The sight, out here in the wilderness, and after escaping that Aggron group alive, was actually one of great relief to him now that he actually took the time to think about it.

When he was asked how they could best treat the Pokémon without having them in pain, Jet immediately knew the answer. However, there was no guarantee that it was possible or either of them. "...W-well, i-if we don't have any special medical material...th-then I suppose the next best thing would be to put them to sleep somehow. I-I mean, they might jolt awake when they feel the pain, b-but there's no other choice. A-and if that's not possible, then knocking them out is an alternative plan, b-but that would be defeating the point, I suppose. Still...I-I don't have anything, nor any moves."

The Buizel then looked up again, meeting Jak's gaze. "Y-you don't happen to have a Sleep Seed or a Slumber Orb on you, do you...? Th-those are the only two items I can think of from the top of my head that induce sleep."
Back to top Go down
Coaster
Backend / Coding Support
Coaster

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 1:16 am

Jak 11

Encounters

Pokemon

AbsolCubone
(2) Poochyena
(2) Mightyena(1) Archen
(1) Archeops

Items

(1) TM Focus Blast
Jak listened to Jet's reply about knowing how to treat this kind of condition. He didn't mind if jet knew or not. However, the fact that remained is that they needed a way to prevent it from hurting too much, or have them not feel it while they fixed the issue.

Jet then thought about putting them to sleep. This left Jak to think for a moment. The moment Jet asked if he had a sleep seed or slumber orb on him. He quickly snapped back to reality. "Yes, Actually I do." he stated quickly as he quickly went into his bag and took out two orbs. "Here... Take one and use it if you notice them waking up while we are fixing it up." he said with a slight smile.

"I think these will work perfectly." he said as he looked in his bag for other supplies. "Now I just need a few sticks and something to tie them." he stated as he grabbed two sticks from his bag.

He then looked around the area to see if there was any rope like material around. "See anything I can use to tie these? It will need to be strong enough to keep them tight, but weak enough for it to come off on its own when their leg is healed... We won't be there to remove it. However, I am sure they will take it off themselves..." he asked.
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 9:16 pm

Jet looked at Jak as the Fire Pokémon pulled out his two Slumber Orbs. The Buizel couldn't help but smile slightly, relieved that they had had something that they could use after all. And better yet, it was his own idea. "Th-that's good," he sighed, looking at the two orbs in his companion's clutches. But wait...why were there two? They only needed one to put the Mightyena to sleep after all. However, the answer to his own question came just as quickly from Jak as it did in his own mind. 'O-oh, of course,' he murmured in his mind. 'Just in case they wake up earlier. I-I suppose it is possible if pain is involved too.'

"R-right," Jet answered, reaching out to accept the Slumber Orb that had been held out to him. "I-I'll do my best," Next, Jak pulled out two sticks, which was pretty easy to figure out. Those were undoubtedly to keep the limb stiff for it to heal properly. Or at least, that's what he assumed. He'd heard about such practices before. But that left him with one primary problem. And Jak voiced the same one mere moments later.

"N-no, I don't think so..." he murmured, looking around them. There was nothing around that could be used to tie the sticks to the limb, unfortunately. It was a shame that none of them were Bug Pokémon. The move String Shot would surely come in handy about now. He had to stop and think about it for a while. They needed something firm enough to stay together, but easy enough to undo that it could be pulled off later. and it had to be something that could fit tight enough to the limb.

"...Oh!" he suddenly exclaimed, reaching up around his neck, below his floatation sac. He unfurled the scarf that he had wrapped around him and held it out. "Th-this is the Trap Scarf you gave me when we first came here. M-maybe you could use this? I-I mean, it is yours, s-so if you want to use it...."
Back to top Go down
Coaster
Backend / Coding Support
Coaster

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 5:48 am

Jak 11

Encounters

Pokemon

AbsolCubone
(2) Poochyena
(2) Mightyena(1) Archen
(1) Archeops

Items

(1) TM Focus Blast
As Jak pulled out the two sticks. He continued to think about how he was going to tie the sticks properly around the Pokémon’s leg. After previously handing Jet a Slumber orb. He now had one orb in hand and the two sticks. Thinking about what he was going to use. Jet then remembered something that caused him to grab Jak’s attention. ”That is up to you… I really meant it when I said you can have it.” he said with a smile.

He continued to look around for a moment, incase Jet didn’t want to give up the scarf himself. However, he was very willing to use it if Jet wanted to. ”Do you want to use it?” He asked in a curious tone. If the answer was yes, he would nod and prepare to use his slumber orb on the Pokémon.
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 6:02 am

Jet had to stop and think for a moment about Jak's response. At first, the Buizel had simply thought of the trap scarf as if it were on loan. And for a moment, he reconsidered his offer. If this was truly his, then that meant that it had been a gift from Jak; something that he could use to remember this day by for months or years to come. It could quite easily become rather valuable memorabilia, if nothing else. And that alone made him consider not using it at all.

But then Jet cast another look down at the injured Mightyena. That leg desperately needed this medical attention, and the only other items that Jet had on hand were too valuable to give up just yet. His Joy Ribbon could be used to make himself stronger and his Blue Ribbon was a memory of the day he had first co-created Team Mizuchi with his team leader. He certainly didn't want to lose those either. But he definitely couldn't just leave this Mightyena injured like this. They were extremely vulnerable to other feral Pokémon as they were. What if they were attacked by another Pokémon like those Aggron? They might not survive in this condition....

And so, the Buizel let out a small sigh. "Y-yeah," he said at last. "I-I think it's for the best. I'd like to keep it, but...but I think this Mightyena needs it more than I do right now." With that, he held it out to Jak once more, willing to allow the Fire-type Pokémon to take it back and use it when it was needed. He could go a little while longer without the protection from traps.
Back to top Go down
Coaster
Backend / Coding Support
Coaster

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 8:53 pm

Jak 11

Encounters

Pokemon

AbsolCubone
(2) Poochyena
(1) Archen
(1) Archeops

Items

(1) TM Focus Blast
Jak nodded as he held the scarf out to him and stated that it was for the best. "Don't worry, I believe I have another at home I can give ya if you like." he said with a smile as he accepted the scarf. He then turned towards the two dark types. He lifted his one paw that held the orb. Looking at the orb and then the two pokemon before him. I really don't want to do this... he thought to himself. Looking once more at the two dark types. The second they weren't paying attention, he smashed the orb on the ground nearest them. This instantly made them drowsy as the orb made a flash of light.

Quickly the two dark types fell asleep and he quickly rushed the leftover distance towards the injured pokemon. Holding the sticks in hand, he quickly put them next to the pokemon's leg.

Taking the scarf he started to wrap it around the sticks and the pokemon's leg. Making sure that he didn't make any contact with it's leg just yet. He then looked towards Jet for a moment. With a nod he quickly tightened the makeshift bandage and straightened its leg. The pokemon seemed to wince slightly in its sleep but not stirring from it. Seeming the affects of the orb were still strong enough to keep it asleep.

After some final touches, he backed away from the pokemon. It was just starting to wake up. As it did so, Jak quickly motioned Jet to use the orb. They would use it to get away without them noticing. He really didn't want to do it in this fashion, but was the only way since the pokemon weren't going to be happy.

It was for the best.

((I need a recount of encounters for the post header, if you can make a note. I didn't have time.... I will be remaking the header to be simpler to update))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Helping a friend gain strength
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next