Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Helping a friend gain strength

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Coaster
Backend / Coding Support
Coaster

Poké : 9308

Helping a friend gain strength Empty
PostSubject: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 5:43 am

Jak {37-16=21}
~Before Reaching Mountain Base~
After spending some time in grassveil in his home to rest from his recent journey's. Jak to take a visit into the town center.
He stumbled across an old friend in town. That person was a buizel named Jet. Jet had always come off as a little shy and timid pokemon to Jak. However Jak knew he had a lot of potential.

When Jak had saw his old friend. Jak offered to help train Jet some more. He seemed to like the idea of getting more training. Jak offered to bring him to Black Mist Mountain for some training. It would be a bit tougher then the normal areas around grassveil, but it would be helpful to Jet. Jet was a bit hesitant to do so at first, given that he had never been very far beyond Rainfront Town before. But he would be with Jak, somebody he knew he could trust and rely on...and it would serve to help him grow better than what he was used to. He needed greater progress than what he was currently receiving. After agreeing, Jak stated that they should prepare for the trip. It would be a few days trip to the mountain, especially from grassveil. The Buizel nodded to him, knowing full well that the mountain range was much farther than he had ever traveled before. He was definitely going to need to be properly prepared.
"So, I am going to get ready for the trip.. Meet me at the exit from town when your ready to head out." Jak stated as he waved to the Buizel. Jet nodded again, returning the wave before departing and seeking to gather what materials he would need as well. He just hoped that he could pull his own weight out there and wouldn't end up dragging Jak down with him....

~On the way to Mountain~
Jak had been walking at a steady pace with the Buizel, ensuring that they had not gotten too tired when they arrived there. Having breaks every so often , resting at night in natural shelters along the path. They both would have to be in top condition if they happened to have come across some hostile natives early on their adventure. "We are almost there. We should arrive there before tonight..." Jak stated as he looked around to see if there was any natural shelters from the elements for the night. The weather had been unstable in recent days. So Jak had not liked being out overnight without something overhead, Just incase the weather decided to go for the worst and start raining on him. Knowing that he could die if the rain got heavy enough, being something he had gotten used to doing before nightfall,

"We should probably keep an eye out for shelter the rest of the way. I really don't like getting caught outside when having to rest... It isn't fun being caught outside if it suddenly starts to rain... However, I can't say the same for you." Jak stated with a slight chuckle.

"How are you holding up so far?" Jak asked the Buizel, making sure he was still doing alright on the travel to the mountain.

Note For Staff:
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

Poké : 860

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 6:16 am

The travel up toward the mountain had been a bit tougher on the poor Buizel than it had been for Jak, who was an evolved Pokémon at this point. He would occasionally have to break out in audible heavier breathing in his tired state. However, whenever Jak would look back at him or seem to notice, he would try to desperately hide it. The last thing he wanted to do was be the one to slow them down. he didn't want to turn a few days' walk to a week's. It was too bad that they didn't know any Gogoat. He had read back at the library that they were usually okay with giving travelers a ride, though often for some form of payment. But still, riding a Gogoat would have been a much preferred form of travel than going on foot. Then again, he supposed that a Gogoat might not want to travel this far away either.

Whatever the case, Jet was always grateful whenever Jak decided that they should stop and rest, be it for a short while or for the night. He did take note of Jak's tendency to prefer natural shelters at night. He supposed it made sense, given his tail flame situation. He didn't complain...although he had quickly realized that one of his moves, as well as his ability, would be completely off-limits in this training session. And that was going to put a damper on things for him. Without the power boost from the rain or the speed boost from his Swift Swim, he wasn't sure how well he was going to do out here without Jak's interference.

Jet nodded to Jak as he suggested they keep an eye open for other natural shelters like they had done up to this point. It made sense to him. It would be no different within the dungeon than it would be outside. "H-heheh..." Jet chuckled nervously as Jak made a small joke about the rain. "Y-yeah, but I mean...I know that you can't really afford to stay in the rain like that. S-so I understand." He actually loved the rain and had rather regretted not voicing his preference earlier. Rather, he had decided to always stay with Jak in the shelter rather than be out in the rain. But he was okay with it in the end. He just didn't want anything to happen to Jak.

Thankfully, the trip to the mountains was almost complete. They were almost at their destination and today had been a bit easier on him than the one before. Though that was likely to change by the time they got to the mountain itself. "I-I'm doing alright, though," he replied to the Charmeleon. "Th-thanks for the concern." He didn't want to hold them up for much longer. He wanted to get to the dungeon and do some real training with Jak. That was what he wanted more than anything right now.

And hopefully...he could help get Jak's mind off of Fang's disappearance.

{Energy: 24 - 16 = 8}
Back to top Go down
http://pkmndn2.proboards.com/
Coaster
Backend / Coding Support
Coaster

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 7:09 pm

Jak {21}
Jak looked at Jet as he talked about him not being able to afford staying in the rain. Jak smiled, "I just can't be in a downpour. Anything light, is just a bit stingy." Jak stated in response as he continued to walk along the path. "I am sure you love the rain.." Jak said with a slight smile after taking a few steps after his previous response. Unfortunately this brought up something he was currently missing. It made him feel a little down. Water, was the one thing he liked to watch when resting. Watching it reflect light, and the way it moved across the surface of land.

He doesn't admit it to others, just like obera does. However he will talk about how it reflects light wondrously. That is sort of how he found out Obera liked water like him. They had been to Monochrome Falls. Having the light reflect into wondrous colors as they threw stones into the water... It was also how they discovered at some point, their feelings for each other.

All of these thoughts, kept building up. Leaving Jak become a little more depressed looking. He attempted to keep a smile on his face. Just barely managing to do so. Jak then spotted an alcove in a nearby hill. "There's a place we can rest." he stated as he pointed towards the alcove a little further ahead of them off to the side of the path.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Minor time skip, Mark this skip in your post with in a similar fashion for replying to next dialog. I mark these breaks with ~ so we can get larger posts with dialog whenever it seems to fit
~~~~~~~~~~~

"You don't have to stay within the shelter with me whenever it does rain.. You should go enjoy it if you like it." Jak stated as they got close to the shelter.
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 8:00 pm

"I-I suppose that makes sense," came the Buizel's response to Jak's words. He had seen Fire-type Pokémon like Charmander in the rain before. It wasn't like they couldn't survive. But it was definitely not a comfortable experience for them. Still, to him, that was reason enough to completely ban his own Rain Dance move from his mind for now. Especially if they were in a combat situation, where Jak would be their strongest asset if it was particularly dangerous. Jet's thoughts were returned to the present when the Charmeleon had made a comment about him probably loving the rain. He tried to shrug it off initially, but knew that it was obvious enough. "W-well, maybe a little bit," he replied. He had to admit, he always had enjoyed the rain. It had always relaxed him back from where he came from.

Jet's gaze fell upon the Charmeleon's face soon, however. He could see the smile that Jak was wearing...but he also knew the difference between a forced and a genuine look of happiness. The sight almost saddened him a bit, but he didn't let it keep him down for long. Instead, he wanted to help cheer the Charmeleon up and get his mind off of whatever it was he was thinking about. He wracked his brains to try to think of something that the two of them could talk about. Unfortunately, Jet was never any good at small talk. As a result, nothing seemed to come to him other than the basic "Nice weather" comment, which never went anywhere.

Soon, Jet's attention was grabbed by the Charmeleon again as Jak pointed out another place for them to rest for a while. Jet let out an unintentional sigh of relief, his legs starting to ache again from the long travel since their last break. He quickly tried to cover it up by yawning instead, but he wasn't sure if Jak would fall for that or not. So instead, he simply made his way over to the spot that Jak had pointed out, readying himself to sit down and start resting.

~~~~~~~~

"O-oh no, I'm okay, it's fine," Jet replied with a small smile. "I mean...as far as I'm concerned, we're teammates right now. M-maybe not literally, but...well, I just think we should stick together through everything we can. I-I read that that can help build relationships when I was back at the library in Grassveil." Jet sat himself down in the shelter, leaning back against the alcove's wall. "Th-though I know that I'm probably going to have to...erm...well, at least try to do most of the fighting when we finally get there if I want to get stronger like you."
Back to top Go down
Coaster
Backend / Coding Support
Coaster

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 8:35 pm

Jak {21}
Jak remained alert for any movements around the area as they had continued to walk along the path. Listening to Jet's responses to his own. Jak had a slight laugh within his mind as he heard the Buizel state they liked the rain a little. However, he knew it had to be more then a little.

Jet must of noticed him getting a bit depressed at the talk about the rain. As it seemed he tried to break the thought with a statement, "Nice Weather". Jak looked up to the sky for a moment. The sun was starting to set in the distance with very little cloud cover. The clouds that did cover the sky, had different colors then usual due to the sun's setting off in the distance.

"Yes, nice weather." he responded as he looked back towards the path.

After Jak had spotted the alcove, jet seemed to sigh with relief. Jak noticed it right away, but also noticed Jet as trying to hide the fact also. So he decided not to confront jet at the moment about it. Instead he was gonna rest more often for Jet. Maybe Jet would realize that Jak wants him to feel comfortable along the trip.

~~~~~~~~~~~

After Jet responded to his question about how he was doing. Jak smiled as he said something about being teammates. "As teammates, We should let each other know when one needs something." Jak said with a smile. "If you are tired, Let me know. I am perfectly fine with any pace you can go with. I don't want you to get too tired just traveling here." he stated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jet's comment about him having to do most of the fighting caught Jak with slight surprise. "You don't have to do most of the fighting at all... We work together as a team. We strive for the challenge to get stronger." Jak stated in response.
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 3:21 pm

Jet nodded slowly, simply to signify his understanding of what Jak had to say. He smiled slightly, happy that Jak was obviously a real friend, offering him any assistance or wanting what was best for him. But still...he didn't want to hinder him. "S-sorry," Jet murmured in response rather sheepishly. He looked down and to the side for a moment. "I just...don't want to be holding you back is all. I don't want to make you think that you might just be wasting your time. Especially when you could be focusing on just training yourself."

~~~~~~

Jet looked over at Jak with a surprised expression. "R-really...?" he asked. "But...I thought that we were out here to help train me. I-I don't think I'm ready to be fighting as a team with you yet. I-if I'm not doing a lot of the fighting, then am I actually going to get stronger at any reasonable pace...?" He sounded confused. Then again, he wasn't sure how this training thing worked. It was not something he was used to doing, so perhaps he was completely wrong or perhaps there was something he was actually missing.
Back to top Go down
Coaster
Backend / Coding Support
Coaster

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 9:11 pm

Jak {21}
Jak looked at the Buizel as it apologized for the hindrance... However to Jak, this was not a hindrance at all. It was a chance to help someone out. To help them become stronger. "There is no need to be sorry. You aren't holding me back at all.." Jak said to the Buizel with a smile.

"Anything to help a friend, is not a waste of time on my part.." he finished. Still remaining vigilant for any movements out along the path and the surrounding forest.

~~~~~~~

Jak chuckled slightly, "Yes, we are here to help you.." Jak stated as he looked towards the distance. Watching the sunset in the distance. He then turned towards Jet, "But working as a team, is more beneficial than training alone.. This is because we can learn from each other.. And if there was ever trouble, we would be close by to help each other.." he said with a friendly smile. He paused for a moment to think about his next words. Then realizing something that should of been pretty simple to understand. "For getting stronger at a reasonable pace.. Everyone has their own pace, no matter how they train." he said as he looked back towards the sun, which is now just passing the horizon.
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 3:27 pm

Jet nodded at Jak's explanation. He supposed teamwork made sense for him to grow. But he certainly had not expected to be doing any battling together out here. He had expected Jak to say that they were to have him fight while he observed or something similar. However, if the Charmeleon was certain that this was the best way to do it, then who was he to argue? After all, he was the strong one here, not himself. He probably knew what was best for training.

"W-well...a-alright then, if you say so," Jet said, albeit rather uncertainly. He still wasn't quite sure how them splitting the battling duties was going to make him stronger than simply staying in a fight himself. After all, it would make the battles easier. But again, he would simply have to put his trust in his friend and allow him the room he needed to train him in his own way. He then nodded gratefully to the Charmeleon. "Th-thank you. I appreciate it."
Back to top Go down
Coaster
Backend / Coding Support
Coaster

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 9:13 pm

Jak 21

Encounters

None at moment.
Jak nodded as the Buizel thanked him. The shadows of the mountain now covering the area as the sun is just setting completely. He wondered whether they should spar before resting for the night. However he decided not to ask about it at the time, since they just had a long walk that day. He noticed some clouds starting to form in the distance.

"Might be a chance for you to enjoy the weather." he stated as he watched the clouds slowly form. He had a slight smile on his face as he said this. He knew that he was safe in the place they were at if it decided to downpour. However it was too early to tell if those clouds were just there, or it was going to rain.

"Well, we should reach the mountain tomorrow." he said calmly. His mind wondering as he spoke. Nothing in particular on his mind at the moment.

Coaster carried out 10 launched of one Black Mist Mountain :
Helping a friend gain strength O9N76f6 , Helping a friend gain strength FRvFCJd , Helping a friend gain strength VpVNnvo , Helping a friend gain strength UGNVILz , Helping a friend gain strength Double10 , Helping a friend gain strength Double10 , Helping a friend gain strength Double10 , Helping a friend gain strength PUEpERT , Helping a friend gain strength PUEpERT , Helping a friend gain strength Spurn_10
((This roll is for when they reach the mountain. Do not encounter them yet please.))
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 9:27 pm

{Heh. No need to worry about that. If I were to spawn anything myself, I'd like it to be planned first. xD}

"Yeah...yeah, I guess it might be," Jet commented. But then he shook his head. "But it doesn't matter to me, really." he said. "I mean...I enjoy the rain, sure...b-but I'm here for a reason. I shouldn't just be playing around. I-I'm not some kid." He then let out a small sigh. He hadn't intended to say that as harshly as it had come out. "S-sorry, I think I'm just a little bit on edge with the training coming so soon."

Finally, he looked out at the environment himself, observing the setting sun. This was going to perhaps be one of the hardest things he'd ever done, other than one particular adventure in the Shadowhue Forest perhaps. He just hoped that he could manage well enough. "Y-yeah," he replied with a small smile. "A-and I suppose I'm looking forward to it."
Back to top Go down
Coaster
Backend / Coding Support
Coaster

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 9:44 pm

Jak 0

Encounters

Pokemon

Friendly,Hostile, Unknown

AbsolCubone
AggronAggron

Items

Coaster's Roll
(1) Joy Ribbon
(1) Bound Seed
(3) TM Double Team I swear this happened last time I was here...
(1) Spurn Orb
Jak looked towards the water type as he started to speak. Jak was a little started by the comment about him not being some kid. Jak hadn't expected that kind of reaction from him. However, he promptly apologized for it. "Hey... It is alright to enjoy what you like. You don't have to be a kid to enjoy the weather.." Jak commented after the buizel apologized. "Besides, I enjoy something most fire types don't usually enjoy." he said with a slight chuckle. He didn't say exactly what, however he was willing to say what it was.

After the buizel's comment about looking forward to the adventure. Jak wondered if he was nervous at all. From what he knows, this is the furthest he has ever traveled to train. He couldn't help but wonder. He decided not to ask though because he felt it might seem a bit rude to ask. He knew the buizel sometimes had trouble speaking to others, commonly stuttering. However he didn't want to come off as assuming it was due to nervousness.
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 3:18 pm

Jet rubbed his left arm with the paw of his right as Jak spoke. "I-it's not that," he said with a small sigh. "It's just that I shouldn't be doing something like that when I'm supposed to be focused on getting stronger." He paused at that, thinking about it again. "I-I mean...I'm doing this for my team mostly. I don't want to be holding my other friends or comrades back. Especially after how I only made things harder on one of them recently in the end. And I almost couldn't save somebody. I...can't afford to let myself get distracted." He looked at Jak again. "I...I need to be completely serious about this."

However, despite his serious tone, the Charmeleon had said something that rather piqued his curiosity. "...But...what, exactly, do you like that most Fire-type Pokémon don't?" he decided to ask anyway.
Back to top Go down
Coaster
Backend / Coding Support
Coaster

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 11:00 pm

Jak 0

Encounters

Pokemon

AbsolCubone
AggronAggron

Items

Coaster's Roll
(1) Joy Ribbon
(1) Bound Seed
(1) Spurn Orb
Jak smiled as he stated he couldn't afford to be distracted. "Distractions aren't always bad though... However, you are right about staying focused on a task..." Jak added. He would explain that staying completely focused isn't entirely necessary, however he didn't know how to respond to it at the time. So he let it slide for now. Maybe Jet would understand sooner or later that sometimes, you just have to enjoy what you see while you can.

The Buizel seemed to wonder what exactly he liked that most fire types didn't, as he had asked him what exactly he liked. Jak seemed to smile at the question. "Water... I like the way it changes light... Watching it change the way light touches it... The one thing I can't have..." he said... This thought seemed to have brought him a little closer to being depressed as it reminded him of someone he cared dearly about.... They enjoyed the water, similar to the way he did. He let out a light sigh as his smile started to fade due to his thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 3:33 pm

Jet watched Jak as he replied to his earlier statement. He tilted his head slightly in mild confusion as he said that distractions weren't always bad. "But...i-if you're distracted, you can't focus on the task at hand, right?" he asked. But then he realized there was not much of a point in pursuing this line of questioning any further. He was only making things harder for them with such questions. He was here training underneath Jak. As far as he was concerned, that meant that he shouldn't question so much and should just try to focus on the Charmeleon's advice.

However, when Jak began to talk about the water and actually enjoying it, Jet's attention was truly captured. Really? A Fire-type Pokémon that enjoyed the water? He had never known a Pokémon like that before. Let alone a Pokémon that could potentially get seriously injured by being submerged in the water. He then started to wonder if perhaps the Charmeleon could swim. So long as he kept his tail flame above water, he should be alright after all. But when he turned his head to ask Jak about this, he saw the expression on his face and stopped. Jak was once again returning back to the way things were before. That was clearly not where he wanted to be right now.

"A-ah, I-I'm sorry about that," he said quickly, hoping to take his mind off of whatever it was he was thinking about. "M-maybe we should, erm...t-talk about something else...?" He then hesitated there, wondering in awkward silence about if he should add anything. Then, just as awkwardly, he tacked on, "L-like...u-uhm...." He worked his mind trying to find something he could talk about.

'O-oh man....' he thought to himself. 'Wh-why do I have to be so bad at small talk...?'
Back to top Go down
Coaster
Backend / Coding Support
Coaster

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 5:18 am

Jak 0

Encounters

Pokemon

AbsolCubone
AggronAggron

Items

Coaster's Roll
(1) Joy Ribbon
(1) Bound Seed
(1) Spurn Orb
Jak looked towards the Buizel once more, "Maybe, distraction isn't the right word... Yes we would focus on the task at hand, but sometimes we need a break when its appropriate." Jak responded, seeing that the Buizel seemed to not quite understand what he meant. It was fine though... Jak was sure he would understand sooner or later what he meant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jak looked towards Jet once more after he quickly went to apologize for something. Jak was a bit confused about the reason. He then realized it might of been because of him showing his depression. Why must I make others upset when I am... he thought. "It isn't you at all... Just... Can't help but to think of her...." he said with a heavy sigh.

Jak then looked back towards the clouds in the distance as he noticed a small bit of light occur within one of them. Yet no sound coming from it. "Hmm... It might be a little more then just rain tonight, if it heads this way..." Jak stated with a sigh.

Jak knew that if there was lightning in there. It would not be safe for the Buizel to go and enjoy the rain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength Empty

Back to top Go down

Helping a friend gain strength
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next