Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Falling from the Skies

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Silver

Silver

Poké : 6040

Falling from the Skies - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Falling from the Skies   Falling from the Skies - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 8:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

Pterra cursed, flying awkwardly through the air away from the scene of his beating. He couldn't believe that stupid Lucario had beat him so badly!!! He winced as several of his bruises stung with the air going by them. He was quickly getting tired, but he wanted to get away from the crazy fighting type pokemon. She might follow him and he wanted to get as far away from her as possible.

He didn't even know where he was at this point; he was just flying away! He sighed deeply, feeling exhaustion creep over him. He eventually noticed a small cave near the bottom of one of the many mountains surrounding him and he turned his wings in to land in the cave, wanting to take a rest.

He landed on the cave floor and immediately collapsed in exhaustion. He hoped that the cave was enough out of the way that he was safe from any traveling Explorers or feral pokemon. His eyes slipped close as he breathed in and out, and soon enough he was fast asleep on the cave floor, his body awkwardly spread out across the cave, the long scar stretching across his back clearly visible to any pokemon wandering in.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

Poké : 12294

PostSubject: Re: Falling from the Skies   Falling from the Skies - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 2:37 pm

Varda tilted his head as he listened, the other Pokémon sure that the two had misunderstood each other. Probably, as neither really had seemed to know what they were talking about... But Pterra was having a dream – and not just any dream, but a dream of memories! And unfortunately, these memories were bad ones, the Aerodactyl looking quite sad as he talked about them. The little bird let out a quiet coo as he lowered his gaze and stared at his feet. But! He realized that even though Pterra seemed to think his friend was dead, they never actually managed to confirm it.

"Um, I don't think a storm is anyone's fault, unless they can control the weather," the Swablu chirped as he raised his face to look at the larger Pokémon, trying to reassure and comfort him,
"And... And I was in a bad storm too, once! I'm not very strong either, but I'm alive. I just got pushed all the way here and I'm not entirely sure where my home is anymore, so maybe..."
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

PostSubject: Re: Falling from the Skies   Falling from the Skies - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 3:12 pm

"Oh sure, the storm wasn't my fault," Pterra agreed, shaking his head. "But I was the only reason Deino was out of the house in the first place. If she hadn't been my friend; if I hadn't been late to our meeting; if we hadn't been partners for that stupid project; she never would have been out in the storm at all! It's still all my fault." He shook his head at Varda. "No, no... she had a condition, Varda. She needed medication; medication that her family had at their house! Since we didn't find her.... she..." he closed his eyes again. "I just hope she died in the storm, not from..." He fell silent, unable to continue.
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: Falling from the Skies   Falling from the Skies - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 3:59 pm

Varda cooed, getting some new information that didn't really sound good. A condition that required medication... It did sound rather unlikely that someone would survive without it. But it was an accident! The Aerodactyl shouldn't blame himself for something like that!
"Sometimes... You're just at the wrong place at the wrong time. We can't see the future. I think. Can you see the future?" The bird found himself slightly distracted by his own train of thought, his eyes looking up at the larger Pokémon. He knew that some Pokémon might have that kind of an ability, but he certainly didn't...

"I think... That miracles happen sometimes," the Swablu chirped quietly. Unlikely, perhaps, but... Wasn't even the tiniest sliver of a possibility of survival a possibility? No matter how small, sometimes it would happen because the chance existed.
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

PostSubject: Re: Falling from the Skies   Falling from the Skies - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 5:37 pm

Pterra snorted at Varda's words. "No, I can't see the future. Some psychic pokemon can; but I'm no psychic. It still doesn't make it any better. We shouldn't have been out so late at night and I knew better, but I insisted anyway. It's my fault she was out and about. And don't get me started on miracles," he growled at the bird's attempt to cheer him. "This world is full of awful, bad things. There are no such things as miracles; only luck. And I have no luck in my life," he snarled angrily.
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: Falling from the Skies   Falling from the Skies - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 6:29 pm

Varda didn't really know what to do in situations where the other Pokémon was so greatly upset and was certain they had done something bad when really... This was something no one could be blamed for! Pterra couldn't control the storm to either cause on or stop one, so he couldn't do anything about that. He couldn't see the future to stop them from going somewhere, knowing that it would end badly. It was a mistake, an accident. But there was no way to make the Aerodactyl see that, was there? At least he couldn't find the way...

But if some kind of contradiction could be found in his new friend's words, it was luck. The Swablu looked back up after his gaze had fallen down to the ground in his sadness, his eyes large as they blinked.
"Mhh... But I found you! And you got a berry for that. I hope you liked it, I'm sorry I didn't have an Oran berry with me," he chirped, realizing that maybe it hadn't been such a great stroke of luck after all if Pterra didn't get what he wanted...
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

PostSubject: Re: Falling from the Skies   Falling from the Skies - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 7:12 pm

Pterra let out a bitter chuckle. "Yeah, I suppose that was some kind of luck," he mumbled, eyeing the bird that he was quite certain was slow in the head. He couldn't believe he had spilled his worst moments to this stupid little swablu. But... it wasn't like Varda could tell anyone, anyway. "I don't care about the Oran Berry," he said to the swablu tiredly. He just wanted to leave these mountains and leave behind the nightmares and get on with his life. He was sick of feeling this way; he just wanted to make other pokemon hurt like he was hurting. He was the best pokemon, anyway; the best fighter, the smartest, the cleverest. He didn't need emotions like these. He needed to throw them away; that was clear. He couldn't let himself get like this; breaking down in front of some slow nobody.
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: Falling from the Skies   Falling from the Skies - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 7:25 pm

Varda nodded a couple of times as the Aerodactyl agreed, he wasn't as unlucky as he thought he was! Even if his past was difficult, he would still be just as lucky as others – and perhaps miracles indeed existed, if they were just luck in Pterra's eyes. The bird smiled and looked quite happy.
"Oh, that's good to hear," he sighed in relief as the Oran berry no longer seemed to be important. He had no idea where he was supposed to find one of those here, so it was good that he didn't have to!

A loud roar suddenly echoed from the depths of the cave's tunnel, seeming like it caused the entire earth to shake. Some rubble even came loose and fell down from the ceiling, but luckily the rocks were very small and unable to bury anyone. Two little yellow lizards ended up running from the tunnel on two legs, their expressions that of panic as they squawked in fear and ran past the bird and the Aerodactyl, out of the cave. Heavy footsteps started to approach from the tunnel.

Current Energy: 11 (10 +1 from the new page)
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

PostSubject: Re: Falling from the Skies   Falling from the Skies - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 8:21 pm

Pterra's head whipped around, eyes narrowing at the roar and the fleeing pokemon. He glanced at Varda. If the pokemon was what Pterra thought it was, Varda was too small and too slow to be able to be much use. Pterra leaned down and grabbed at the swablu with his mouth, gently closing around the bird's body, and placing Varda on his back. "No time to talk; we're out of here!" he said, flapping his wings furiously and bursting out of the cave like a zubat out of the chaos world.
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: Falling from the Skies   Falling from the Skies - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 8:39 pm

Varda just blinked as he watched the chaos around him, unable to really react in any meaningful way. He didn't look scared yet, just... Utterly confused as he blinked and watched where the two lizard Pokémon were rushing. Something very big was approaching...
"Ah!" The bird let out a surprised yelp as he suddenly felt something sharp poke him all over, looking back to see Pterra's maw having closed around him. He wasn't being eaten or harmed, however, as the bite was as gentle as it could be while still lifting the small Pokémon off the ground. Luckily for both of them, the Swablu was very light.

Another roar came from the tunnel, this time much closer. Varda ended up on the Aerodactyl's back,  still looking extremely confused as he scrambled to grab onto something with his talons so he wouldn't fall off. Pterra took off and soared out of the cave, the wind pushing the little bird back as he fought to stay on. A large dinosaur ended up coming to the light, letting out a third roar as it tried to snap at the Aerodactyl, but it was too late.
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

PostSubject: Re: Falling from the Skies   Falling from the Skies - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 5:22 am

Pterra barely felt the swablu's scrabbling claws along his spine as he burst out of the cave, the Tyrantrum's jaws just barely missing his spaded tail; a closing bite to a fearsome roar. Pterra soared into the pre-dawn sky, the air still chilly from the night and the clouds streaked with hues of red, orange, and yellow as the sun just peeked from behind one of the mountains. The aerodactyl flew towards a small cliff at the edge of one of the taller mountains, landing safely to allow Varda to climb down; it couldn't be easy for the little bird to stay atop him, especially when it could fly itself.
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: Falling from the Skies   Falling from the Skies - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 2:32 pm

Varda looked behind the flying pair to see the rather intimidating Pokémon roaring behind them, luckily lacking wings and thus unable to fly after them. The bird sighed, relieved. The wind buffeted against his cheeks and ruffled his feathers, causing him to shudder slightly. The air was quite cool, the sun hadn't managed to rise up just yet to try to warm up the mountain air... But honestly, it was always a bit chilly this high up. The sky was dyed with such pretty colors and Varda just spent some time quietly watching the clouds roll by.

Pterra landed on a cliff, giving the Swablu time to climb down. He did so, jumping off the larger Pokémon's back with his wings extended, gently floating down on the ground. Looking up at the Aerodactyl, the little blue Pokémon smiled.
"Phew... I wonder why it got so angry all of a sudden..."
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

PostSubject: Re: Falling from the Skies   Falling from the Skies - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 5:04 pm

Pterra snorted at Varda's words, tossing his head and rolling his eyes. "Hah!! Creatures like Tyrantrom and Tyranitar are always angry. It's in their nature. ...Well, come to think, most Aerodactyl, at least feral ones, are always angry too," Pterra said thoughtfully, acknowledging his own species' bad-tempered disposition.
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: Falling from the Skies   Falling from the Skies - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 6:54 pm

"Oh," Varda cooed as he was explained that the kind of a Pokémon the dinosaur was, they were always angry. Because it was a part of their nature, just like Pterra's species. The bird tilted his head slightly, he didn't think that this Aerodactyl was that angry, so perhaps it was possible to go against that nature... But then again, earlier he had fought against the rock Pokémon in a rather violent way.
"That doesn't sound like it's too much fun... I don't want to be angry, at least!"

Bird carried out 2 launched of one Black Spear Mountain :
Falling from the Skies - Page 4 UtRUcfh , Falling from the Skies - Page 4 AZTkyVm
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

PostSubject: Re: Falling from the Skies   Falling from the Skies - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 9:36 pm

Pterra snorted in amusement. "You wouldn't say that if you were angry all the time," he said good-naturedly, feeling better to be out in the crisp, cool morning air. "I'd compare it to your own nature, I suppose. You like being happy and cheerful all the time, don't you? But me, I couldn't imagine being all cheerful and good-natured like that all the time," he said, wrinkling his nose at the thought.

(Sorry about being late to posts, got out of the hospital yesterday and not feeling the greatest.)
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: Falling from the Skies   Falling from the Skies - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 10:24 pm

Varda let out a pondering hmm as Pterra talked. He supposed it made some sense, other Pokémon just having different kinds of natures that just... Felt right, no matter if they were good or bad ways to act.
"I think it's a lot of fun to be happy!" The bird chirped, indeed confirming the Aerodactyl's suspicion that he liked being the way he was. Who didn't like being happy, honestly? It was a good feeling that made you, well, feel happy. There really were no downsides.
"Wouldn't you like to be happy all the time, too?" Varda tilted his head as he looked up at the larger Pokémon, legitimately curious.

"Anger is just the lack of restraint," a deep voice came from above as someone decided that it was a good idea to butt in the conversation that hadn't been directed towards them. If one managed to peer over the ledge and see who was on top of it, an old Hariyama was sitting on the ground with its eyes closed and legs crossed in a lotus position.

Current Energy: 3 (11 -7 from the enemy encounter, -1 from the item roll)

((Don't worry about that at all, I think trying to recover is a bit more important than roleplaying!))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Falling from the Skies   Falling from the Skies - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Falling from the Skies
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next