Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

The search for the beloved Joy Ribbon! Pokemon meet on a mountain.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
aMEWzing

Poké : 2445

The search for the beloved Joy Ribbon! Pokemon meet on a mountain. Empty
PostSubject: The search for the beloved Joy Ribbon! Pokemon meet on a mountain.   The search for the beloved Joy Ribbon! Pokemon meet on a mountain. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 4:36 pm

Sosio flew across the sky, the mountain just coming into view. It was large and towered over the sky, like a giant menacing spike that juts up past the clouds.
Here it is...
She glided down to enter the dungeon, adjusting her Defense Scarf.
This is where everyone claims to find that item... With it, I can level up faster... It's going to be really important.
She landed, folding her wings and peering into the dungeon. The little fletchling wan't exactly fully prepared, but she had her scarf and an oran berry. Besides, surely she would find many useful items along the way. But also many dangerous pokemon. It would be tough, and she didn't know what she may face, but it was worth a try. She entered boldly, head held high, scanning her surroundings.
It's a long way up, but no problem. I'm not here to make it to the top, anyways. Would be cool if I did, though...
She knew flying straight to the peak would be impossible. The atmosphere would be too thin, and she was tired of flying all the way there, anyway. She whistled, listening to her echo, and moved forward.
Back to top Go down
ares

ares

Poké : 19413

PostSubject: Re: The search for the beloved Joy Ribbon! Pokemon meet on a mountain.   The search for the beloved Joy Ribbon! Pokemon meet on a mountain. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 4:50 pm

The Charmander had found himself once more prowling for rare, organic minerals that lay plentiful in the deep recesses of mountains. His logic had dictated that, since mountains appeared to be carved directly from the earth or eroded away at over a great period of time, he might be lucky enough to not have to dig at all. Such erroneous thinking had steered him away from Mt. Frostmeer and towards the more suitable Black Mist Mountain, where he hoped to not be bombarded by unfavorable weather conditions. His thoughts strayed to the blizzard that had occurred, and visibly shivered. This place definitely had to be more hospitable.

Along the path that twisted and tripped over dips and rises, Ares would have his head directed towards the mountain. Its rocky exterior looked tough and impregnable; an unwelcoming woman who rebuked all of her suitors. This was going to be quite a journey, but hopefully he would have the ability to scratch away at some exposed ore veins should they present themselves.
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

PostSubject: Re: The search for the beloved Joy Ribbon! Pokemon meet on a mountain.   The search for the beloved Joy Ribbon! Pokemon meet on a mountain. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 5:02 pm

Sosio hopped forward, searching about for some items.
I wonder what other items I can find here...
As she was traveling slowly, she didn't notice there was a pokemon at the other side of the room.
She flew away, avoiding any battles.
The pokemon here are much stronger than any other place that I've been. If I mess up, I could end up fainting.
It was best to avoid the pokemon that are stronger, like aerodactyl, and are super-effective. Maybe that pokemon back there was a Poochenya... The second reason coming here was to train, and it wouldn't be that bad to battle a few pokemon on the way. As she came across a dead end, she turned around, recalling her journey on the way to Grassveil.
I wonder what the Venusaurs at home would say... Probably 'Don't dilly-dally!' or 'Be the best you can be, honey. Don't give up.'
Her adopted family was so kind to her. Leaving them really gripped her heart, but that never stops her. She cocked her head, listening to sounds. A small pitter-patter was coming from the entrance.
Perhaps another pokemon came in to explore. It's best to leave them be. Her curiosity, however, got to the best of her. The curious fletchling couldn't help but want to know what kind of pokemon it is. From around the corner, all she could make out was a little flame.
Back to top Go down
ares

ares

PostSubject: Re: The search for the beloved Joy Ribbon! Pokemon meet on a mountain.   The search for the beloved Joy Ribbon! Pokemon meet on a mountain. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 5:13 pm

Assumably, young Ares was the one causing the pitter-patter. It was within reason to assume so, what with his thick, callused feet being placed so determinedly against the gravelly soil, but perhaps a crunching sound would be more accurate. His weight, though light compared to other species of Pokemon, crushed the loose soil beneath his feet with little discrimination. Dirt was dirt, after all, and thus he was mandated to walk upon the ground and view it as lesser than himself. That was how all things that walked, crawled, or wiggled worked: those that marched on in their daily lives above ground would always be superior to dirt so long as they did not give reason to be inferior to it.

His tail swayed from side to side as he continued his pilgrimage, stopping occasionally to saunter towards the rock wall to his side and scratch at its surface. Dark spots or black streaks were signs of the thing he were looking for, and it was such things that would often deter him. They yielded little evidence and were mere splotches of impurities or imperfections of the rock's semblance. A pity, either way. He was much too engrossed in his own quest to acknowledge the presence of another.
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

PostSubject: Re: The search for the beloved Joy Ribbon! Pokemon meet on a mountain.   The search for the beloved Joy Ribbon! Pokemon meet on a mountain. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 5:21 pm

She hopped towards the other pokemon slowly and at a distance. He seemed to be self-absorbed, whatever he was doing, and was investigating walls.
What ever could he be searching for?
She put her head to the ground, sensing vibrations, but he did not speak. Meanwhile, she did hear something, but it was probably another pokemon. She became engulfed in sounds that came from pokemon cries, wing flaps, and growls. She perked her head up, the sounds disappearing, but did not see anything.
That's odd... It appears I can sense pokemon through the ground. Not very well, though, I can't even tell if they're close or not...
She was right. She couldn't tell if the pokemon were nearby. In fact, some were closer than she had thought. She whipped around and saw a pokemon come from another area.
Did it just come out of nowhere?

This dice is not existing.
Back to top Go down
ares

ares

PostSubject: Re: The search for the beloved Joy Ribbon! Pokemon meet on a mountain.   The search for the beloved Joy Ribbon! Pokemon meet on a mountain. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 5:39 pm

The ravenous howls and hungry growls of another predatory creature were enough to draw the lizard away from his work. Though at first the noises seemed far off and distant, the increase in volume and decibel would eventually have him cautiously casting a gaze over his shoulder to ensure he would not be ambushed. They seemed distant and estranged, but close all at the same time: were the noises coming from beneath the ground? That seemed impossible, but could easily have been a probability, particularly if it were a creature that burrowed through the earth.

The creature that appeared next, however, must not have been the Pokemon that plowed through the rock and created the vibrations that trembled the path. Instead, a feral Poochyena encroached from around the corner, around the location from which the bird was located. This was one way to force the two together, certainly.
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

PostSubject: Re: The search for the beloved Joy Ribbon! Pokemon meet on a mountain.   The search for the beloved Joy Ribbon! Pokemon meet on a mountain. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 5:51 pm

Immediately, Sosio hopped up into battle, flying in circles to pump herself up. She flew all around the Poochyena in jerky motions to be sure it couldn't land an attack, and thought about what to do.
Growl first, to lower attack, then when the time comes, I can attempt a Snatch to steal its item and finish it with tackle.
She was very fond of her pokemon friends in the jungle, but she learned that explosions can destroy held items. Snatch was the best way to make sure something like that didn't happen. Though it usually happens with pokemon who know Explosion, Self-destruct, or pokemon like Skuntank who just blow up with Aftermath after you defeat them, she is used to using Snatch to be safe. It could be considered OCD, but it was rather smart. For all she knew, any second a pokemon could come out of nowhere and blow up an item before she can pick it up. She flew out of reach of the Dark-type's slashing claws and mewed loudly, lowering the pokemon's attack power.
The combination of that and my Defense Scarf should make everything a whole lot easier.
When the battle had started, Sosio realized that the pokemon over by the walls had turned around, eyeing her and Poochyena. After using Growl, she gestured for him to come over.
Back to top Go down
ares

ares

PostSubject: Re: The search for the beloved Joy Ribbon! Pokemon meet on a mountain.   The search for the beloved Joy Ribbon! Pokemon meet on a mountain. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 6:01 pm

His eyes glistened with whimsical longing as he gazed on towards the ensuing battle, the sound of his heartbeat echoing in his eardrums as the bird began to flit about. She seemed to be considering her options, plotting her movements and attempting to anticipate what her opponent would do. That would be satisfactory, certainly, if the Poochyena hadn't allowed its haunches to sink and its legs to bend in preparation for a lunge. Ares found himself dashing towards the battle, eyes narrowed and flame raging as the excitement of potential lacerations and abrasions bubbled within him. The god of war's avatar had been stirred.

As the hound released its bent legs and attempted to land a Tackle upon its flying adversary, the Charmander would dash forward and plant a Scratch-punch combo right upon the side of its maw. It howled in rage and pain as it flew back, falling just short of the edge of the cliff. The lizard would skid to a stop, allowing his fist to unfurl as he paid the bird no heed. He was here for a battle, not a social outing.
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

PostSubject: Re: The search for the beloved Joy Ribbon! Pokemon meet on a mountain.   The search for the beloved Joy Ribbon! Pokemon meet on a mountain. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 6:23 pm

Not realizing what had just happened, she opened up her beak to converse with the pokemon, but his focus was on the Poochyena. Now that the flame pokemon was closer, she realized it was a Charmander.
I can't believe it, it's actually a Charmander!
She had met many pokemon in the jungle, but one she always heard about was Charmander. The tribe of Venusaurs would always tell her about the Charmanders and their evolutions. They had told her of stories about the great battles between them. Thanks to their leader, Mega Venusaur, he managed to find Venusaurite that decreased fire-power on them by 50%. She would listen, amazed, at the descriptions of each attack, and the leader of the opposing tribe. It looked much different from it's non-mega evolution, but Sosio was intrigued by the Charmanders. She always wanted to befriend one. She tended to like weakness, for some odd reason, because it might remind her of youth. She was still young, of course, but seeing the pokemon gave her some source of energy. Her heart seemed to beat faster, her blood rushed, and energy flowed with adrenaline. She burst forward, tackling the Poochyena, rounding in air and coming back around for a Snatch while it was knocked on the ground. If there was anything that made her feel awesome, was looking like a boss at whatever she did. Sneaking the item into her pack, she watched the Charmander continue to attack.
Tell me your name, you insane pokemon!
She laughed happily, bobbing up and down to unheard music, and hopped about, continuing to assist. Her item was hidden safely from the dark-type's possible thief move.

Back to top Go down
ares

ares

PostSubject: Re: The search for the beloved Joy Ribbon! Pokemon meet on a mountain.   The search for the beloved Joy Ribbon! Pokemon meet on a mountain. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 6:33 pm

This bird apparently was farming this Poochyena, for it appeared that she had dashed about in order to pickpocket and pilfer the item that was on its person. It howled in rage, snapping its jaws wildly in an attempt to bite it, but only was able to sink its teeth into thin air. While this occurred, and the bird appeared to have obtained some sort of item from the hound, the Charmander would dash forward once more in order to deliver a finishing blow. His claws, curled and sharp, would be used to chase the dog away.

Dashing forward once more, he would ready his claws and allow them to slash furiously down the Poochyena's face. Its nose, which was generally a bright red and smooth, became ragged and crimson as blood gushed forth from the inflicted lacerations. It yelped in pain, and promptly retreated, leaving the lizard and the bird together alone. A glint in the dirt indicated another item, and he would fervently attempt to obtain it.

Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

PostSubject: Re: The search for the beloved Joy Ribbon! Pokemon meet on a mountain.   The search for the beloved Joy Ribbon! Pokemon meet on a mountain. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 7:21 pm

Having immediately wore the item, the Joy Ribbon Sosio obtained helped her to level up faster. Excited to have immediately found what she was looking for, she turned to the Charmander.
Perhaps I can travel a little longer for this pokemon's sake. I want to know more about him.
"Hey, awesome battling out there."
Her eyes blinked happily, because beaks can't curve upwards, but she sorta wished they could.
"The name's Sosio. Great meeting you here. You really saved me."
Blushing a little now, her eyes wandered away from the pokemon. Her eyes landed on the wall, which reminded her of what she saw the Charmander doing earlier.
"Hey, why were you looking at the walls, anyway?"
She hoped all these questions didn't make him uncomfortable. She hated doing that. She disliked it happening to herself, too, because it reminds her of the bullies she met on her journey. She'd rather not think about that now, though. Sometimes she had a hard time looking pokemon in the eye, but she watched this pokemon thoroughly. She had never seen a Charmander until now. Especially that the fire-type had bright blue eyes, despite it's fiery color. She looked at her light blue wings.
Even though I evolve into a fire-type, light blue kinda represents flying. But that shade of blue... it's more like a water-type color...
Staring into his eyes, she thought and listened to his answers respectively.
Back to top Go down
ares

ares

PostSubject: Re: The search for the beloved Joy Ribbon! Pokemon meet on a mountain.   The search for the beloved Joy Ribbon! Pokemon meet on a mountain. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 8:39 pm

The yelping of the routed Poochyena faded into nothingness as the Charmander's eyes followed its ash-hued hide. Blood tainted his usually orange claws, and his entire disposition had become slightly sullen. Silence blossomed within his vocal cords, muting him and causing him to remain still. Behind him, his tail flickered brightly before slowly ebbing back to its usual height. His adrenal glands stopped their production of adrenaline, and he was left with the usual side effect of tepid exhaustion. The battle had officially concluded at that point, and now it was officially just the bird and him.

Ares's skull tilted in the bird's direction as she applauded his battling maneuvers. As his suspicions had originally concluded, this had, in fact, been a rescue. Although generally against the very action of rescuing - for in his opinion, everyone should either sink or swim on their own - a sense of bride bubbled up in his abdomen. No wonder why others did it: there was nothing quite like the sensation of being praised.

"Ares," he would respond curtly, picking up the Special Band, "and the pleasure was all mine." His body language slackened slightly as it begrudgingly relaxed into the newly won peace. Her questions, though invasive, deserved to be answered; however, they would not be full conclusions. Once more in a curt, trite fashion, he would respond, "I was hoping there would be black rock here."

Last edited by ares on Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

PostSubject: Re: The search for the beloved Joy Ribbon! Pokemon meet on a mountain.   The search for the beloved Joy Ribbon! Pokemon meet on a mountain. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 8:53 pm

"Nice to meet you, Ares! What a wondrous name!"
Sosio realized that that's what she said about almost every pokemon's name, really two, but it was cool. She rocked back in forth happily at a 4/4 beat, listening to his explanation.
Black rocks? Whatever could they be?
She'd rather not ask the question aloud. If the pokemon chose not to fully explain, it's best that way. Perhaps it was just coal, boosts fire-type moves, or some sort of ore like that. Maybe an evolution stone? She hopped along, realizing the pokemon had bled, which Sosio didn't even think was possible. The Fletchling wasn't exposed to such violence. She only ever saw the world through peace. whenever a pokemon she battled fainted, it never bled. Maybe this Charmander just likes to play rough. She chirped, a little tired, but happy with her ribbon. It looked nice atop her head. Who knows what this fire-type was looking for, but she wanted to help. he offered un-intentional protection, not to mention he was much stronger.
"Maybe I could help?"
She watched the Charmander's movements closely. Sometimes the way the walk or talk can tell you something about them. She didn't really focus, instead she peered at the walls like Ares was. She hadn't a notion of anything else to do, so why not assist in his strange search. Maybe she could find some other useful items, as well.
Back to top Go down
ares

ares

PostSubject: Re: The search for the beloved Joy Ribbon! Pokemon meet on a mountain.   The search for the beloved Joy Ribbon! Pokemon meet on a mountain. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 9:25 pm

Wondrous? If he had the ability, he probably would have blushed at that. No one had ever greeted his name with such a description, particularly someone he had just met. He was ignorant to the fact that this was how other names were described, but perhaps that was for the better: Ares just felt so chipper right then and there. A single hand would scratch awkwardly at the back of his cranium in an unnatural response, causing his head to dip downward. Well, he liked this bird already. Should he have not been so put out of sorts by that response, he probably would have responded in a cheeky fashion to her compliment.

Her offer to help would have been met with great resistance from the Fire-type; however, he had taken quite a liking to the possibility of having some company - particularly if it was this female. "Sure," he would respond, this time with great haste, "two sets of eyes are better than one. Shall we continue following this path?" A single clawed-finger would be directed towards the path that led up a slightly steep ramp.
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

PostSubject: Re: The search for the beloved Joy Ribbon! Pokemon meet on a mountain.   The search for the beloved Joy Ribbon! Pokemon meet on a mountain. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 9:39 pm

"Most definately!"
She hopped excitedly upwards.
Onwards!
She felt the earth between her little clawed feet. Bird pokemon often feel vibrations of pokemon as small as prey when hunting. She would feel distant pokemon. She didn't exactly care for bug-types. She sort of wished they didn't exist. Then again, without making a hasty wish, if bug pokemon didn't exist, birds would never know how to listen so carefully to the earth. She listened to feet of other pokemon all across the floor of this dungeon, behind walls, and past paths, simply through the earth. Again, she didn't know how close they were, but the tiny vibrations were pokemon. Pokemon they could battle. She would rather not see blood spill again.
She glanced around the room, diving forward when she realized some of the vibrations only she could feel in her sensitive, gene-recieved senses, in her feet, were disturbed by some sort of thing. Something other than dirt. She flew forward, scanning her surroundings.
"Where is..."
She spotted something shining in the ground. She loved shiny things; another trait inherited from her bird ancesters.
"Aha!"
She dug it up easily, revealing the item, then hiding it from the Charmander. She didn't want him to see it. She may give it to him as a little thank-you gift. He helped her, she helps him. After all, she had a special knack for finding items, again due to her inherited abilities. It's great being a bird.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The search for the beloved Joy Ribbon! Pokemon meet on a mountain.   The search for the beloved Joy Ribbon! Pokemon meet on a mountain. Empty

Back to top Go down

The search for the beloved Joy Ribbon! Pokemon meet on a mountain.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next