Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Fire and Darkness

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Fire and Darkness - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Fire and Darkness   Fire and Darkness - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 3:46 am

First topic message reminder :

Kari had no idea why he decided to come back here, it wasn't good for him last time, as the scar over his right eye proved that point. Alas, the large, white furred, four legged, Absol. was probably fueled by the want for treasure and riches, which always seemed to lead him into the harshest of situations, as his past so clearly supported. He decided to venture into the mountains again, but what he didn't expect was the task of survival that lied ahead, and the trust he must put into a Pokemon, he doesn't even know.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Darkness   Fire and Darkness - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 8:30 am

Kari looked back at Ares and gave a slight nod. Kari backed away slowly all while keeping his knees bent and his eyes focused on the Larion. Kari seemed to be having a stand off with this Larion waiting for each others' moves, Suddenly the Larion charged forward at Kari, but Kari was prepared, with a Sucker Punch. Kari threw the Sucker Punch at a fast speed hitting the Larion right in the head, It seemed to do some damage but not a lot, what with all that armour and such.
Back to top Go down
ares

ares

Poké : 19413

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Darkness   Fire and Darkness - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 4:57 pm

Good, they were now fighting on the same side. Maybe Ares could put more trust in this Tsukiakari fellow, seeing as this wasn't an accomplice. The way the Larion moved indicated that it was a robust, sturdy creature that bullied others with his bullish behavior. It communicated through various snorts and growls, attempting to threaten and ward off intruders and potential challengers through intimidation. Undoubtedly, this was going to be quite the encounter.

It was amazing that so much could be detected from simply watching the way an opponent moved and counting the numerous scars that blemished his glistening hide. Which probably made the Charmander look quite foolish when he raced up and delievered an unsatisfying Scratch attack. His claws, sharp and great for lacerating, merely produced sparks upon the brute's hide. It turned and directed its attack on him, ramming him into a nearby wall with a Tackle.

Though dazed momentarily by the sheer force that had launched him, he was even more so amazed by the refined element that had protected the Lairon from his attack. It was smooth, yet shielding. This had to be the perfect element! Perhaps this Absol, with his razor sharp horn, might be able to slice part of the Lairon's shielding hide off!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Darkness   Fire and Darkness - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 10:12 pm

Kari was on his guard for this fight, as he tried to be for most of them. He saw Ares try to scratch attack the Larion to only come up with a few sparks, and a scratch or two on the Larion's iron armour. It was then, when the Larion tackled Ares into the cave wall, The Larion had exposed itself to Kari. So Kari took this opportunity, he took a stride or two jumped in the air and came down with a strike from his horn, straight to the Larion's face armour, knocking a good chuck of it off.
Back to top Go down
ares

ares

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Darkness   Fire and Darkness - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 10:32 pm

There was a great bellow of rage mixed with pain that was produced from the Lairon's great, open mouth. It shook its noble, damaged skull as it attempted to paw at invisible demons that circled about his fresh injury, and teetered over towards one corner. The chunk of refined covering was still rattling against the floor as its prior master assessed his injury. Ares, who was still slightly recovering from his own acquired injury, awkwardly got to his feet.

There! A piece!

He conjured up his strength and endurance to dash across the floor and grab the reflective scrap. It was unbelievably light! This was probably what allowed the Lairon to move and not be weighed down his hide. Though it was too large for him to actually pocket into the safety of his red bandana, Ares was resourceful and would find a way to haul it around. That would have to wait, however, for here he came again.

The Lairon charged towards Ares, lowering his head so that he might ram into the lizard once more. The god of war skidded to the side, allowing the belligerent guardian to run right past him. The Charmander would allow a Growl attack to warble in his throat, intending to lower the other's attack stat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Darkness   Fire and Darkness - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 1:03 am

Kari watched as the imbecilic Larion ran head first into the cave wall again, and again as Ares dodged away form it every time it tried to hit him. After a few times Kari blurted out "Just finish off the poor thing already" he said with a slight bit of compassion as he looked at Ares. He knew this Larion could easily be taken out, so It made him kinda sad to see this happen to it.
Back to top Go down
ares

ares

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Darkness   Fire and Darkness - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 1:17 am

Wait, what?

Was this guy saying they needed to kill this feral Lairon? That was a bit extreme! Didn't he know that they shed and regrew their armor every so often?

For a god of war in the making, it was surprising to him how reluctant he was to claim another life. War was a plague that eventually claimed every member of his homeland, and casualties were viewed with great honor and respect in some instances. It was described as a rush of relief and exhilaration mixed into one addictive cocktail, and thus it was regarded as a release from one's obligation to fight on the mortal, physical battlefield. What held him back from wanting to be the one to deliver the final blow? Perhaps it would be better to frighten it off!

Yet, the greedy part of him was excited about the possibility of death. Imagine all of the samples he could harvest from this chap's corpse! The precious materials that were bountiful upon his iron hide would allow for experiments to understand how to refine the crude material that lingered within the ground. Whatever happened next, he would leave it up to Fate.

He reared his head back, and ushered a blue, swirling flame that danced in a serpentine fashion. His Dragon Pulse, which was notably ineffective against Steel types, would determine what nature intended for this poor brute.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Darkness   Fire and Darkness - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 1:31 am

Kari stood beside near Ares as he he charged up what appeared to be a dragon type move of sorts and he looked back at the Larion to see the the sad look it had in its eyes, and this seemed to hit him the hardest, Kari looked deep into the those sad eyes and felt a feeling of of pity, that he hated having. Kari walked in front of Ares and said in a soft tone "Stop, I may be an Ex-theif, but Im not a murderer, Let him go."
Back to top Go down
ares

ares

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Darkness   Fire and Darkness - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 2:46 am

As the flames danced brightly along the cave, revealing her deepest secrets and rich plunders to those around, the Lairon surprisingly bolted. Heaving its rather large body into the darker depths of the cave, it screeched a metallic cry of surrender. This turn of events, which were surprising enough, were given another surreal layer as the Absol stood before him. Ares was unsure whether this was a chiding or a mere comment, but he would react as if it were the former.

"In my homeland," he would quip, "those who attacked us were promptly effaced from the Earth entirely." How ironic, considering he had just previously been against killing. As it was becoming increasingly apparent to the Charmander, he was turning out to be more bark than bite. This was simply unacceptable.

Once more, a gleaming item was identified. Ares lifted up a claw finger to point at it, exclaiming, "Oh look! He must've been holding that!"

This dice is not existing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Darkness   Fire and Darkness - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 5:18 pm

"Hmm, It appears to be an orb of sorts, I would take it but as you can tell, I stand on four legs." Kari said to Ares. "Now what the hell do we do now? We are stuck in a freaking cave after an avalanche on Mt. Frostmeer and I don't suppose you have any brilliant ideas? he said frustratedly while hitting a rock across the cave.
Back to top Go down
ares

ares

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Darkness   Fire and Darkness - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 5:57 pm

Ares, having squatted down to pick up the orb and analyze it, could not fathom as to why such a belligerent Lairon such as that would have such a possession. It was no bigger than the Charmander's clenched fist, and fit evenly in the cup of his open palm. Using this logic, it had to have some use, but such a utility could not be determined from its semblance. Of course, such an item that had no apparent use was of little to no value to him, and so he would attempt fervently to pass it off to someone else. It wasn't as if he was going to be hauling around this along with the Lairon's shell sample!

Coyly, and quite nonchalantly, the young drake would twist the orb about in his claws so that he could get a look at all of its surface. "So what if you stand on four legs?" he would begin, "I don't want it. I could stuff it in your fur, if you'd like."

Whether or not his "gift" was accepted by the Absol, he would once more stand to his fullest height. With great enthusiasm, Ares would attempt to rally his hearty crew of one for plundering and adventure. He would extend a single claw out towards the looming, imposing darkness and would announce, "Why, we go forward, of course! We can't go back, we can't go up, and we certainly can't go to the sides!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Darkness   Fire and Darkness - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 7:30 pm

Kari said shocked"Stuff it in my fur?! Do you know how long it takes to clean dirt out of fur?, Especially white fur? No, You don't" Kari looked further down the dark cave seeing nothing but empty black, nothingness. Kari said in an un-enthusiasic tone "If this is the only way we can proceed, Then so be it. I just hope there aren't any more moronic ferals". Kari felt a sense of danger again, but tried to dismiss it as hard as he could.
Back to top Go down
ares

ares

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Darkness   Fire and Darkness - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 7:58 pm

As a reptilian being, Ares did not have fur. Where fur most likely should have sprouted and cropped up in some dazzling display, he was blessed with coarse, protective scales. When the Absol remarked about how long it took to get dirt out of his fur, the young drake would allow his lips to droop and his eyes to narrow in unbelieving disdain. Of course he had no idea what it was like to clean dirt out of one's fur! He was a lizard!

With a slight sigh and snarl rolled into a peculiarly mixed vocalization, he would toss his newly acquired orb into the Lairon's rounded husk. It clattered about, expanding its reverberation expanding beyond its newly acquired cage and into the cave, before it settled sadly at the bottom. Eventually, the loud rattling and din would dissipate into obliteration and nothingness. There was a silence that followed that extended out, prior to its annihilation by the Absol's own response.

He would fan away such cowardliness nonchalantly with his hand as he pressed on. He took point simply because there was hesitation in the other. "Of course there'll be ferals," Ares would chide, "we're not the only ones taking shelter from the storm!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Darkness   Fire and Darkness - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 8:13 pm

Kari sighed and started walking further into the cave, trying to look around in the darkness, to the best of his abilities. He saw nothing eventful, but a few tiny sparkling gemstones and only heard the dripping of water off of stalactites combined with the sound of his footsteps and Ares's. It was very ominous in the cave, but they had no other choice but to explore it, to find away out, or at least somewhere to rest their heads. Kari was used to hiding in caves, but that didnt make him like them anymore than he did.
Back to top Go down
ares

ares

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Darkness   Fire and Darkness - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 8:28 pm

As the cave transcended into darkness, and slowly all light that had escaped the cloud's suffocating embrace was smothered out into nothingness, Ares would grab his tail and hold it before him. It would act as a makeshift torch until he could find a good substitute, preferably something flammable. There was a distant echo, a faded memory, of the distant storm that blew outside. It reverberated through the labyrinth-like cave, and its howl was but a whisper. Still, there was a chill that tickled down even the Charmander's spine, and he could not help but feel the determination and zeal to push onward. What spoils would the cave reveal to these wayward souls? What mysteries were waiting to be unearthed?

A small war chant was playing through Ares's skull as he continued to press on. It acted more like a soothing, "rally to me!" sort of song: there was something quite nice about it. There were memories of home attached to it, and soon a longing, homesick feeling bubbled in his gut.

The glistening of foreign crystals as the fire passed were ominous and forlorn. A distant dripping noise of water resounded proudly through the hush. At the center of it all were them: an Absol and a Charmander. This would not be an ideal time to get jumped. Eyeing his companion, and finding it necessary to fill the silence with something else other than cave ambiance, he would inquire, "So, thief. What brought you out here again?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Darkness   Fire and Darkness - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 2:09 am

Kari was trying to look around, focusing on the darkness, when he was interrupted by Ares. He said with a sigh "Treasure and wealth, my friend. Don't ask why I came here, I had a hunch, I guess.". He looked around a bit more before saying in an angered tone "But, every time I have a hunch to go somewhere, I end up in these bullshit situations that don't do me any good. Others say its equated to my species and I have room to believe them on that, but I just wish I didn't have this 6th sense of sorts, It sucks." Kari calmed down slightly and asked Ares "So, What about you?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire and Darkness   Fire and Darkness - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fire and Darkness
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next