Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

The spirit of adventure

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Savato

Savato

Poké : 380

The spirit of adventure - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 4:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

The sun had just risen from behind the horizon, coating the lands in a slightly yellowish tint as its first rays broke the blanket of darkness, that had been covering the area during the night.
Having decided to pay a visit to the islands, that somehow were floating above the landscape, William exhaustedly admired the architecture of the strange pyramid, that seemed to have been built on one of them. What was its purpose? Did it contain treasure? Would it be dangerous inside?
As he began to shiver due to the icy cold winds up in the skies, the Gastly pushed that last thought away as he slowly floated into the construction.
What would await him in there?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Peach

Poké : 1060

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 12:39 am

Nick blinked, lost in confusion. He didn't know how to grasp this situation. Obviously, this creature knew something Nicholas was failing to understand. "...Sir... I don't know why you think I should know your name, but I really don't. I-i don't even remember meeting you. U-um... you see... a friend of mine just kinda disappeared... Y-you think ya know what mighta happened?" Well, the conversation was going anywhere, so the avian figured you might as well ask.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 1:37 pm

"Who disappeared? Have you begun to hallucinate? I don't remember anyone else being with us. Both of us came here alone and the entire time we have been here, we stayed alone. As far as it is known to me, the two of us are the only non-feral Pokémon in this entire pyramid."
Maybe it really had happened. Maybe all those things, that had been going on had made Nick's mind forget everything, that had happened out of self-preservation. And apparently all memories of William had been deleted as well. One could only hope, that that hadn't been the case. Hopefully the Delibird would remember.
He had to remember.
Back to top Go down
Peach

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 2:29 pm

The more this Pokemon spoke, the harder it became for Nick to understand. It was like some complicated riddle, and Nick wasn't very good at riddles. The avian grasped his head with his wings in some subconscious hope that it would help him figure this out. "B-but I don't remember you at all! All I remember is me and-" Suddenly, completely out of nowhere, that last piece of the puzzle snapped into place. "W-wait!... William... i-is that you?"
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 2:46 pm

William sighed a sigh of relief.
So his friend's mind hadn't been damaged. Or at least not that much.
"Uh...yes. Who else should I be? Except for the two of us there is noone here after all. Or am I mistaken? I am William the Gastly. Now what made you think I'd be someone else? Do you need medical attention?"
Even though a significant amount of time had passed, the Haunter still didn't realize, that he wasn't the same Gastly he once had been anymore. Far too concerned about the Ice type's wellbeing, he didn't notice any changes at all. Neither did he realize his severe exhaustion, nor did he find the time to see, that he had changed.
Back to top Go down
Peach

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 2:57 pm

Well, at least he knew Will was ok...ish. Something about this still wasn't right. Why would Will think Nicholas needs medical attention? Had he not noticed? "W-william, I don't know what... but something happened... You look... so different. Ya don't have gas around ya... and you ain't round... a-and are those your hands?" The bird pointed to the to purple things in front of the ghost.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 3:11 pm

"Uh...because you had just forgotten my name for no apparent reason maybe? That could be a sign of a minor case of severe brain damage..."
At first William didn't even fully comprehend, what Nicholas had been saying, so he just continued to speak normally. But then those words sunk in and he began to comprehend.
Floating in circles, the Haunter tried to get a view of his own, new body.
"WHAT?! What in the name of a wide variety of things has happened?! Am I the one with brain damage? Or am I...could it be, that...that I've evolved?"
Back to top Go down
Peach

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 3:28 pm

Nick was a little hesitant on his next action. He never had to deal with someone in panic before. It was always the other way around. Still, he had to try something. Knowing that attempting any physical contact would be pointless, Nick spoke. "W-william... it's ok. Y-you're still here... and so am I... Y-you don't seem hurt... and I'm ok... We don't need ta panic." Nick's statement may have been a little hippicritical, but he meant well.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 3:39 pm

"I...I'm not panicking. At least I don't think I am. I'm just surprised. Very surprised. I wouldn't have thought I'd ever evolve. Or at least not this soon. We haven't even fought anything...maybe all this strange stuff, that had happened in this room had something to do with it. But if that's the case, then the creators of this pyramid would have to have had a much better understanding of Ghost types than even I have...it is incredible..."
William was still unable to believe or even comprehend what had happened to him, but since he wouldn't be able to do anything for or against it, he decided, that standing around wouldn't help.
"Now then...shall we continue?"
Back to top Go down
Peach

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:05 pm

"W-well... ghost types... are pretty mysterious... no offense... so it would take alotta Pokemon to know all this." The bird reasoned with a wing to his beak. He followed his companion a bit before another thought came to his mind. "William, what does evolve mean?" Again, Nicholas really had no reason to study such a thing.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:19 pm

"Heh, mysterious...", the Haunter chuckled.
"I've been called many things before, but mysterious is a first. Maybe it was just one very smart Pokémon, that's responsible for everything here. I wonder how having that much knowledge might feel like."
A bit of time passed before William remembered, that his companion had actually asked a question.
"Well...evolution is a complicated process, that hasn't been completely understood yet as far as it is known to me. But I've been living in a forest for quite long, so I'm not guranteeing anything. Once specific conditions are met, it is possible for a Pokémon to change its physical form, its strength increases and sometimes even the type turns into a different one. But it's strange...a Gastly usually evolves once they are powerful enough...yet I believe, that I have evolved due to all that commotion in that room..."
Back to top Go down
Peach

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:45 pm

"Well... you are mysterious... I mean... that's not a bad thing... but it just means there's... well... a lotta mysterys about ya... Maybe... maybe that's why everyone's afraid of ghosts... I mean... they look scary... but a lotta Pokemon can look scary..." After a moment, the bird shook his head and looked back to Will. "S-sorry... I guess I just let my mind wander..." His listened closely to Will's explanation of evolution. It made sense to him, though he really had no comment.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:58 pm

"Hey, I'm used to it. You can call me scary all you want. Pokémon fear that, which they don't know or don't understand. Usually that's a good thing, as it protects them from dangers. In other cases it can lead to cases like me. And I don't even understand myself. So technically I myself think, that I'm scary."
While William enjoyed Nick's company, the red bird was a bit too timid. Hopefully he would overcome that soon, as it would help him tremendously and make the Delibird more successful. But William knew all to well how difficult it was to change things.
Back to top Go down
Peach

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 9:12 pm

"What? No. Nonononono. I don't think you're scary. I mean... I guess you can 'look' scary, but you've been really nice and kind. I'm not afraid of you. Maybe I don't know a lot about Gastly... or whatever you are now, but I know enough about you to know you wouldn't hurt me, and that I shouldn't run from ya." Though still a little timid, a lot of sincerity was put into that speech, and he even managed eye contact throughout the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 9:32 pm

"Thanks, I guess. Wouldn't "being scary" and "looking scary" implicate the same thing only for different reasons, though? Not that I'd mind of course. By the way, I do believe, that this form is known under the name of "Haunter"."
Even though he wouldn't admit it, the small speech the Delibird had just held made William feel...happy somehow. Maybe the Delibird had already grown stronger without William having realized it up to now.
What other things might there be, whose existence the Haunter had simply overlooked up to now?
Which other truths had he hidden from himself up to now?
Back to top Go down
Peach

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 5:45 am

"Well, I wouldn't think so. I mean, looking scary is just how you look, but being scary is how ya act and all too." The avian pondered his own statement for a moment. Before he could go any further with that train of thought however, his mind shifted tracks. "Um, you have hands now, right? Does that mean you can actually touch things now?" In what travels Nicholas had with William, the ghost's presence was always kind of like having a voice around the bird with him always just passing through everything instead of directly interacting. Now that he had hands, would it be more like being with a common Pokemon? Nick wouldn't mind either way of course, but Will gaining the power to influence his surroundings better certainly seemed like a cool thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The spirit of adventure
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next