Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

The spirit of adventure

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Savato

Savato

Poké : 380

The spirit of adventure Empty
PostSubject: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 4:34 pm

The sun had just risen from behind the horizon, coating the lands in a slightly yellowish tint as its first rays broke the blanket of darkness, that had been covering the area during the night.
Having decided to pay a visit to the islands, that somehow were floating above the landscape, William exhaustedly admired the architecture of the strange pyramid, that seemed to have been built on one of them. What was its purpose? Did it contain treasure? Would it be dangerous inside?
As he began to shiver due to the icy cold winds up in the skies, the Gastly pushed that last thought away as he slowly floated into the construction.
What would await him in there?
Back to top Go down
Peach

Poké : 1060

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 8:27 pm

Inside the pyramid was a certain Delibird with goggles on his head. Nicholas was flying in the skies when he noticed a strange shape ahead. In pure curiosity, he decided to investigate. Now, a few hours later, the bird is lost is the construction. Cracks and other wholes in the wall prevented rooms from going completely black, but it still wasn't easy to see, and the avian could have sworn he's been wandering in large circles the entire time. Nicholas sat on the ground against the wall, tring to get a rest.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 8:36 pm

As he entered the unknown building, the Gastly spotted a strangely familiar Delibird in one of the many corridors. Could it actually be Nick, the slightly scared yet overly helpful Flying type he had met in the Shadowhue Forest? On that mission with the...Timburr, was it? Of all the Pokémon William had come to known on his many journeys, Nick would be one of the last he would ever have expected to meet again.
Yet he probably was the only one William knew, that was even capable of getting to this height. At least for now. Acro would probably like it here, although his evolution would still take some time to achieve.
For now however, the Delibird was the important one. Preparing himself for battle in case he was wrong, he slowly approached the Ice type and asked:
"Nick? Is that you?"
Back to top Go down
Peach

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 8:58 pm

Nick hadn't seen a single Pokemon the whole time he's been here. As one can imagine, suddenly hearing a voice under such conditions can freak someone out. Before he could even try to figure out who it was, Nick panicked. With a loud squawk, the bird shot up and started to run. Before he got far, Nick tripped over a loose brick on the floor and face planted. He rolled over and looked in the direction the voice sounded from. "Wh-who's there? I-i can't see you!" Nick was clearly startled.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 9:06 pm

"Okay, it's definitely you. And I don't think I'd be that difficult to see. If I remember correctly, the two of us have met in the Shadowhue Forest. But what are you doing up here? I don't remember there being any mission about this place at the Grassveil guild."
William grinned a bit. Nick really hadn't changed at all since their first meeting. He was still the same, easily-frightened Delibird. Keeping that in mind, William was rather impressed. Nick must have entered this unknown building by himself then, without any mission even asking him to. That was courageous.
Since the Delibird seemed to be unable to see him from their current positions, the Gastly floates slightly closer.
Back to top Go down
Peach

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 9:21 pm

The avian blinked in surprise. "W-william? I-i looked in t-the forest all the t-time... a-and-" Nick cut himself off, taking a minute to stand and catch his breath, soon leaning against a wall. "I-i'm sorry. I've been here for so long... a-and I hadn't seen anyone the whoooole time... and-" he cut himself off once more. "...S-sorry, I just don't know what to say after all that. W-wait, h-how do you know what's on the billboard?" Well, at least he managed to catch onto something. He seemed more curious than suspicious though.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 9:29 pm

"I thought I told you, that you probably won't find me in the forest. As a Ghost type, one usually has a relatively high mobility, so I often move through areas other types can't to avoid having to battle too often. As for the billboard, I've joined Team Yozora."
William tried to smile as non-threateningly as it was possible for his species as he explained those things to the flustered Delibird.
"So...what has brought you up here? You didn't seem to be the type to enter unexplored areas without a reason."
Back to top Go down
Peach

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 9:47 pm

The bird nodded. "I know, I just kinda hoped I'd find you again, but now that you're part of a guild, maybe we can see each other sometimes now." Nicholas looked up to William with a small smile. "O-oh... right... well I was just flying around... a-and I saw this place and got kinda curious... b-but I'm kinda lost now." His smile turned to a hint of shame.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 9:55 pm

"Yeah...maybe we could. And there's no shame in being lost...I think...I've never physically been lost before and I doubt I ever will be. I personally am searching for valuable items and I'm attempting to become stronger as well."
A breeze made its way through the corridors, carrying with it the cold air of the skies and making William shudder a little. As the two talked, the Gastly found himself admiring and analyzing the architecture as well; a fact, he only noticed after the slight disruption of his thought process by the breeze.
"I doubt this place is empty though. I think I can hear something. Maybe this pyramid contains hidden passages as well..."
Back to top Go down
Peach

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 11:40 pm

"Well, I guess not. I just shoulda known this would happen I guess. I kinda get lost a lot." Nicholas gives a small sigh. "Well, may I go with you? I don't think I'll find my way out by myself very quickly, and I'd like to catch up, if that's ok with you, though I r-really haven't done much sense we last met."
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 11:48 pm

"Uh...sure, I guess. For me quite a bit has happened. Now...where could those items be..."
William looked around the area intently, focussing especially on the carvings and runes on the walls.
After looking at them for a few minutes, he had apparently found something, since he began to speak again:
"Okay, this might be it. Could you push that round thing on the wall? I'd do it myself, but I guess you understand the reason."
The Gastly then calmly floated out of the way, waiting for the Delibird to take action.
Back to top Go down
Peach

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 11:58 pm

"Yeah, like, how'd you get into a guild? I-i mean, not that that's a bad thing or anything... but I remember before that you wouldn't even go to town... I'm sorry. I just didn't think you'd ever join is all. It's great really." He gave a small smile before he heard William's request. "O-oh, sure." The avian pushed the button and a section of the wall lifted up, revealing a secret passage. Was there treasure there? Maybe, but before the duo could find out, another task had to be accomplished. There was a battle to come, against not one, but two wild Pokemon that were for one reason or another placed on the other end of the wall.

This dice is not existing.

This dice is not existing.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 12:16 am

"It's a long story involving various missions with other Pokémon and an Absol and a Pikachu...", William explained. Just in that moment, the wall lifted up with a loud rumbling and creaking sound, just as William had expected. Behind that wall, two figures were standing in the darkness of the dimly-lit corridor, looking not too happy. Did they live here? Were they explorers, that had been reapped here and lost their minds? Whatever it was, it wouldn't change anything about the fact, that the Togekiss and the Drifloon were moving towards the duo, growling menacingly. That was something the Gastly had not expected.
"...and I guess I'll have to tell it another time. I don't think, those two will let us through that easily..."
Back to top Go down
Peach

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 12:40 am

Nick listened to William with much interest, but it was soon evident that this story would have to wait. The ghost turned to the wall entrance as it rose, and Nick's head soon followed. What they found when they looked was not what they hoped to find. Two not so friendly looking Pokemon were growling at them, ready for battle. Which is kind of odd considering Togekiss are considered very kind Pokemon that are symbols of good luck. Nick gave a gulp and stepped back, only to bump into a wall. He wasn't exactly cornered. There were still two paths of escape. Still, the moment was frightening to the bird. It didn't take long for Nick to gather himself. Despite his natural fear, the avian was adapting to these situations, and for once had a clear advantage. An Icicle form in the grasp of Nicholas' wing, just before a rock hit Nick on the head, causing him to stumble forward. "Oooooooow!" He whined, rubbing his bruise. Apparently the Togekiss got a lucky Metronome. Still, before another move could be made, Nick got another Icicle and threw it at the white, feathered Pokemon, hitting a wing and causing a few feathers to detach. The Togekiss had trouble keeping in the air for a moment.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 12:52 am

Since the Togekiss had an immunity to William's strongest attack, while the Drifloon not only had a weakness to ot, but posed a much larger threat to the Gastly, William summoned up all the negativity he had experienced in his life once again. The sorrow of being chased out of his own home. The self-loathing, because he had thought, that the situation was his fault. The fear, never to be able to live a normal life again. Those and many other feelings were brought to the surface of William's spectral heart once again. They didn't remain there for long however, as the Gastly focussed them into a glowing sphere of sad darkness. A Shadow Ball, emerging from the most pain-filled parts of his very soul.
William almost envied the Normal types. They were not affected by all that sadness. What was it, that allowed them to be that happy all the time? The Gastly didn't know. But this was not the time for philosophy, it was the time for saving his and Nick's hindquarters. As William  released the Shadow Ball, it floated directly at the purple balloon, which in turn tried to shock William by shouting suddenly. William flinched from the use of Astonish, but the Shadow Ball was already on its way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The spirit of adventure   The spirit of adventure Empty

Back to top Go down

The spirit of adventure
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next