Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

A Spot of Training

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Poké : 290

A Spot of Training - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: A Spot of Training   A Spot of Training - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 5:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

Tsukishiro lead William and Nate down to the pond area. She had decided that it would be better to do a bit of training here rather than in a dungeon as there was a lot of wide open space to practice in and no hostile Pokemon that would attack without notice. The only thing they had to be careful of were the other Pokemon who were currently spending time in the area. However most were kindly enough to shift their positions so that Team Yozora had enough space to practice techniques.

"Alright!" grinned the Absol, "So where do you think we should start?"
Back to top Go down
https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org

AuthorMessage
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: A Spot of Training   A Spot of Training - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 11:44 pm

"What sort of signal would you like it to be then?" asked Shiro, "And anyhow Nate's right, we could always just try a few move combinations instead of discussing them. We'd get actual results then instead of just theories..."
The Absol paused, giving time for William's input whilst allowing Nate time to answer her first question.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

Poké : 380

PostSubject: Re: A Spot of Training   A Spot of Training - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 11:54 pm

"Maybe I am negative, but while you might be positive, the negatively charged electrons do the moving, while all the protons do is being repulsive. So yes, I like being negative. As for trying out the combinations, especially Perish Song, I would rather not do this here. We don't want to cause any casualities after all. At least I don't want to. Being marked as an outlaw is one of the last things I want to be right now. Regarding the signal, it mustn't be too obvious, because otherwise our opponents could react to it as well, while it could endanger Sparky if he doesn't see it, because it's too subtle. On second thought, let's make it as subtle as possible. We want to hit something with it after all. So, would any of you know of a place without any Pokémon nearby?"
This training session hadn't brought up much and it didn't seem to get any better, so William was beginning to get slightly annoyed, although he tried to hide it.
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

Poké : 10615

PostSubject: Re: A Spot of Training   A Spot of Training - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 12:18 am

Nate paused for a few moments, thinking of a signal and taking in everything William was saying before coming up with a response.
"Okay, fair enough. But seriously, comparing yourself to a proton? Anyways, a good signal would probably be something that's subtle, but noticeable thank you very much William, and at the same time also something that you wouldn't normally do during a battle. I've got nothing yet, I'm sure something will come to me." He responded.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: A Spot of Training   A Spot of Training - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 3:06 pm

"Well I guess we can think on that then Nate. And if you want an area bigger than this we could always go and train by the river just outside of Grassveil. It's the only close area I can think of that wouldn't have any Pokemon nearby. That and the dojo but I don't think we need a Pawniard to help train us," Shiro replied, still seated by the pond. She dipped a paw into the water, watching the ripples it created as she moved her paw around in the water.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: A Spot of Training   A Spot of Training - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 5:08 pm

"I guess you're right, Shiro. Also, the dojo would be wasting money, if the river works as well in my opinion. After all, it's not as if there was money falling from the sky whenever we do something.
So, should we go then? I honestly have no idea, where this river is. I haven't been here too often after all. Thus, may I suggest for you to lead us there?"
Although he didn't want to get his hopes up out of fear of being disappointed, William had to admit, that training by the river sounded far more promising than training here, where they could´accidentally fry another Pokémon with a missed attack.
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

PostSubject: Re: A Spot of Training   A Spot of Training - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 5:42 pm

"I think the river sounds like a good plan. Not that I think we would miss with our attacks often, but we don't exactly know for sure what the effects of some combinations of moves would be." Nate agreed. He didn't exactly feel like heading to the dojo and spending money on something they could easily work on somewhere else. He glanced over at Shiro, waiting for her to lead the way since he didn't know where the river was either.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: A Spot of Training   A Spot of Training - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 5:55 pm

Shiro nodded and lead the way away from the pond. She lead her teammates through the main part of Grassveil town before resurfacing outside the opposite side of it. After a bit more travelling, they reached the river. The banks were grassy and it looked to be full of life, much like the pond they had just come from. The only difference was, there were no Pokemon to be seen here unless you investigated the river itself.
"Here we are!" she grinned cheerfully.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: A Spot of Training   A Spot of Training - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 6:05 pm

After finally arriving at the river, the Gastly began by carefully inspecting the environment. Not finding anything, that could get in their way, he began to speak:
"Okay, so...what do we start with?", William inquired.
"We had thought of a few combinations already, all of them with lots of room for doubt. And all of them require carefully planned testing. While it's questionable, whether this will lead to a new discovery, a catastrophe or maybe both, things are only uncertain until you try them. So...any ideas?"
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

PostSubject: Re: A Spot of Training   A Spot of Training - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 2:18 am

"I'd say we just start off randomly, see where we go from there. I mean I don't think any of these combinations could be too destructive to a point where we could hurt ourselves. What could go wrong?" Nate suggested, not meaning to use a phrase that just so happened to be some famous last words of plenty of thoughtful, gutsy and slightly stupid others.
"Well I mean I guess we might as well start with anything. I'm kind of impartial with it." He continued to say, not sure which combination they could try first. "We could always test our theories on perish song and shadow ball, I'll just cover my ears."
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: A Spot of Training   A Spot of Training - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 4:28 pm

"Alright... if you're sure about testing the Perish Song and Shadow Ball idea first, Nate..." the Absol paused, looking to William.
"I guess you should use Shadow Ball first, then i'll try and back it up with Perish Song.."
She then proceeded to wait for the Gastly to use his move, preparing to use the destructive perish song shortly afterward. She did glance over to check if Nate was covering his ears before she used it however.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: A Spot of Training   A Spot of Training - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 4:35 pm

"I guess..."
William then began to focus all the pain, the horror, the sorrow and despair he had ever faced, all the things, that had been tearing at his mind every waking hour, everything he would much rather prefer to have forgotten in front of him, where they all stuck together, in a pulsating, blackish mass, that was glowing in an unsettling purple. It contained all the things, William had grown to despise about society, but the more he looked at the ball in front of his eyes, the more the Gastly recognized himself in it.
But then, William managed to pull himself together again, releasing the painful sphere and sending it off into the skies.
Releasing all those painful feelings had other beneficient side effects as well. Since those dark emotions were no longer plaguing him, a tiny bit of a calm serenity flowed through his body. A tiny bit of the peace he had longed for.
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

PostSubject: Re: A Spot of Training   A Spot of Training - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 5:08 am

"Don't worry about it, I'm fine." Nate assured the team as he grabbed his ears and promptly covered them, looking at William form his attack. He was definitely intrigued by the fact that the two team members both seemed to have attacks that were based around negativity, and that they seemed to be the stronger attacks they had at their disposal.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: A Spot of Training   A Spot of Training - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 12:18 am

Tsukishiro watched William form his Shadow Ball move, pausing for a moment before she used Perish Song. The Absol focused on all the negative memories she had. The bad and the sad ones, forming them into a beautiful, but melancholic song. One that would only bring more sadness and hurt to the unlucky Pokemon that ever heard it.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: A Spot of Training   A Spot of Training - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 12:28 am

William's face froze in shock upon hearing the Perish Song.
His face twisted int various horrendous grimmaces, he began to scream multiple times, but every single attempt was cut short by another wave of horrible pain. The Gastly began to abruptly float into random directions, squinting his eyes.
Finally all that stopped, as William calmly sunk down...out of the air, onto the ground...and then he vanished into the ground...
Suddenly he reemerged, his grin spread out to both ear....grinning really widely.
"Gotcha!", he exclaimed.
"Sorry, I just had to do it...the opportunity was perfect."
William then looked up into the sky again, trying to see the results of their combination.
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

PostSubject: Re: A Spot of Training   A Spot of Training - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 5:15 am

Nate watched the two, noticing William's change in expression and blinking. No, he isn't affected by the move. That won't work. He's messing with us. Right? he thought to himself as William seemed to start to go almost crazy and float around all over the place, before sinking down into the ground.
"What...did he, did he just-" Nate started to ask, before William popped back out of the ground, causing him to jump slightly. "Oh come on, I thought something actually happened to you!" Nate commented, looking a bit frustrated with the Gastly. He wasn't exactly one who was fond of being tricked like that or thinking someone had been hurt or worse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Spot of Training   A Spot of Training - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Spot of Training
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next