Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

The Johto Journey

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

The Johto Journey - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: The Johto Journey   The Johto Journey - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 9:22 am

First topic message reminder :

--August 1st, 2012--
Entry 1
7:55 am
I woke up about an hour ago. Couldn't get back to sleep, so I figured I'd start writing my trainer journal. To think that less than an hour, me and Ellie will have our very own Pokemon. I'm thinking of getting a Totodile; they seem so awesome! And they handle themselves very well in combat too. I know Eleanor will probably want a Cyndaquil, so I'll also have the pleasure of knowing that he'd win every time.
Truth be told, I actually prefer grass Pokemon over Water Pokemon, but Totodile are just awesome compared to that Chickorita Elm gives out. I guess Totodile will have to deal with being in a team of five grass types. Or maybe not; I get the feeling it wouldn't appreciate being the only water type. Whatever; I guess I'll just get whatever I'll get; not much point in thinking too far ahead.

Ryan looked up from his desk, at the alarm clock. Oh damn, it was already 8:02. He had forgotten to set his alarm clock! He breathed a sigh of relief; thank God that he woke up early. He looked back at his journal.

Whoops; I forgot to set my alarm clock; I'm so glad that I woke up early. I'd better get ready and go over to Ellie's place; she might've forgotten like me.

---

At 8:25, Ryan looked at the door to Eleanor's house.. He was wearing his favorite green T-shirt, a pair of jeans and his sneakers, he had combed his short brown hair and put on his glasses. In addition to this, he had brought a rather large gray backpack consisting of multiple changes of clothes, some essentials like food, some gum, and some playing cards. Oh, and the tent of course. He was ready.
Ryan pressed the doorbell; "Ellie! Are you up?"
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Poké : 290

PostSubject: Re: The Johto Journey   The Johto Journey - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:45 am

Ellie shrugged, not knowing what to say.
"Perhaps you could ask Professor Elm about it later."

Flare had just defeated another Pidgey, but they seemed to be on good terms as the Pidgey flew away unharmed. The Cyndaquil seemed to be more mild mannered than Krystal, having a much calmer personality.
Back to top Go down
https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org

PostSubject: Re: The Johto Journey   The Johto Journey - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:51 am

Ryan nodded, and watched as Krystal let a Rattata run away, albeit reluctantly. "Looks like we're here." And indeed, houses were already visible from where they were. "I'm going to go check up on my house first; you go on ahead to the lab."
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: The Johto Journey   The Johto Journey - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:08 am

"Okay," replied Ellie, heading towards Elm's laboratory.
When she got there she found Officer Jenny speaking to Professor Elm.
"Who are you?" she asked as Ellie approached them.

"This is Ellie," Elm explained, "She's here because I asked her and Ryan to run an errand for me earlier. Where is Ryan anyhow?"
"Ryan went home to check if he locked his front door," she chuckled, "So what's the big disaster?"

"The third starter Pokemon, Chikorita was stolen!"

"Wait.. Chikorita? That red haired guy who was looking into the lab had a Chikorita when I battled him earlier. Do you think he could be the culprit?" she asked, worried for the Chikorita's safety. She knew something hadn't been right about that guy... other than the fact that he had attempted to steal some Pokeballs too.
Officer Jenny was immediately upon her asking questions, "Did you catch his name?"

"He said he was called Silver."
"Alright then. I'd better give this information to the rest of the unit." With that, the officer was gone.

"This is terrible," sighed professor Elm before he once again remembered the errand Ellie and Ryan had run for him.
"Oh yes, what was Mr. Pokemon's big discovery?"
"He found a Pokemon egg," replied Ellie, holding out the container with the egg in, "He said he's never seen one like it before."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Johto Journey   The Johto Journey - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:19 am

"Oh, thank God!" Ryan smiled; nothing was out of place. He was afraid that maybe that 'Silver' character had robbed his house; he certainly seemed like the kind of person who would. He exited the house again, this time making doubly sure that the door was locked. He walked over to the laboratory, Krystal by his side, and opened the doors.
"Hey guys, sorry I'm late." He looked at Ellie handing the Professor the egg. "So, what was the disaster?"
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: The Johto Journey   The Johto Journey - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:26 am

"That red haired guy -Silver. The Chikorita he was using was stolen from the lab," replied Ellie, frowning at the thought of the little Chikorita having to put up with that thief.

"Hello Ryan," the Professor smiled slightly, "You two shouldn't worry about it though. Officer Jenny is on the case."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Johto Journey   The Johto Journey - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:45 am

"Oh. Did you tell him that Silver tried to rob a Pokemart back in Cherrygrove?" Ryan looked at Krystal, who was sitting on the floor. "Oh, yeah, Krystal is a bit... aggressive. is that normal?"

The Professor frowned. "No, actually... But I actually found her starved in the wild a while ago; she was in need of some company. I figured that I'd try giving her to you, to see if she'd become happier. She certainly seems happier." He looked at Krystal. "Unlike the Chikorita and Cyndaquil, I didn't have this one bred." He turned his attention back to the duo. "So, now that you've done your errand, I suppose I should give you two your trainer cards..." He pulled out two cards. "Here you go. Professor Oak told me that he got you a Pokedex, correct?" A nod. "Swipe this onto your Pokedex; when you do, it will double over as a trainer card. You won't have to worry about losing it."
"Thanks." Ryan smiled and did as he was told. Before long, a new tab appeared on his Pokedex, saying "Trainer card". He pressed it, and watched as the screen filled up with his personal information; his name, badges earned (of which there were none), card number... "Huh; this is pretty cool!"
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: The Johto Journey   The Johto Journey - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:50 am

Ellie did the same with her trainer card. She flicked through the new tab.
"We can buy Pokeballs now!" she grinned before tucking her trainer card into one of the pockets inside of her bag where it was less likely to get stolen or lost.

"Cyndaquil!"
Flare seemed to cheer at the fact that they were now able to catch more companions for the team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Johto Journey   The Johto Journey - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 3:20 pm

"Thanks, professor!" Ryan smiled at Professor Elm before turning and going for the door.
"Wait, Ryan, I haven't finished yet!" Ryan raised his eyebrow; what more could there be? "You two need Pokeballs, right?"
"Yeah, actually." Ryan smiled; were they getting Pokeballs?
"Well, here you go. Here's 5 Pokeballs each." He handed a small pouch to Ryan, and another one to Ellie. "Don't forget to scan each Pokemon you catch, alright? Did you scan Flare and Krystal?"
"Oh, I completely forgot!" Ryan pressed the "scan" tab of the Pokedex and pointed it at Krystal. "Alright, I'm done."
"Good; we may find out what's wrong with Krystal from the data that's sent to us.
"Di-Dile?" <Something's wrong?> Krystal looked at her trainer questioningly. There was something wrong with her? Ryan was always happy with her; why did the Professor say that there was something wrong with her? "Totodile Todidile!" <Flare, do you know what they're talking about?>
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: The Johto Journey   The Johto Journey - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 3:26 pm

"Awesome!" grinned Ellie, happily accepting the Pokeballs. She couldn't wait to catch herself some new team members. She then scanned Flare and got his data on the Pokedex/

Flare looked up at Ellie whilst she scanned him, his head tilted to the side in curiosity. He turned to Krystal however when he heard his name.
"Quilcynda Cynda Cyndaquil.(I don't know... I think they're just worried about how much you seem to like battling...)"
Flare didn't want to hurt his friend's feelings by putting it the way their trainers had and calling Krystal weirdly vicious when it came to battling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Johto Journey   The Johto Journey - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 2:04 am

Krystal frowned; what was wrong with enjoying what she did? Weren't Pokemon supposed to fight? "To Dile." <I don't understand.>

"Do you know what to do after this?" Professor Elm asked the duo
"Of course! We just need to capture Pokemon and collect gym badges; when we get all 8, we can challenge the elite four. That's all there is to it."
"Yes, but do you know where the gyms are?" He didn't bother to wait for them to answer. "There's a map tab on your pokedex. It'll tell you your current location, where all of the gyms are, as well as how to get there. Selecting that gym on the Pokedex will also allow you to research the gym in more detail."

Ryan looked at his Pokedex; this thing had so many functions. "Hey, only people who were selected by professors are given these things, right? How do other trainers get this information?"
"Most trainers actually use a Pokegear; this Pokedex is simply a merging of the traditional Pokedex and a Pokegear. Anyway, I recommend searching the nearest gym now.
Ryan did as he was told; it turned out that the nearest gym was in Violet City, northwest of Cherrygrove; in order to get there, they would have to take the path on the left in Route 30, then turn left on route 31.
He also found that the gym leader, Falkner was a master of flying types. This meant that they would have to find a Pokemon who could easily combat Flying types... Pokemon like this could easily be found in the neighboring Dark Cave, so it wouldn't be too hard to beat this gym.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: The Johto Journey   The Johto Journey - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 7:10 am

Ellie nodded, "Awesome!"
She couldn't help but wonder what Falkner was like... and how people decided to use certain types. She liked all types of Pokemon, she couldn't pick one she liked best.
"We can beat Falkner. Right Flare?" grinned Ellie.

The Cyndaquil nodded and cheered in reply.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Johto Journey   The Johto Journey - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:21 am

"Alright!" Ryan grinned. "So, I guess we're off to Violet City now!" And with that, they left the laboratory and went off on their way to Violet City.

"Come on..." Ryan threw his Pokeball at the enemy pidgey and watched as it was sucked in. One shake... Two shakes... Thr-
Suddenly, the ball exploded, and a very angry, if injured, Pidgey flew out. "Damn it! Krystal, see if you can hose it down some more; I really wanna catch him!"
"Dile!" <Alright!> Krystal grinned and shot out another blast of water at the flying type, who was currently diving in for a peck. It yelped and fell to the ground, it's feathers too wet to fly.
"Alright, get out of this!" Ryan grinned and threw his second Pokeball at the Pidgey, which offered no resistance this time. "Yes! My first Pokemon!" Ryan picked up the Pokeball containing his new pidgey, and smiled up to the sky. The duo had already made it to route 30, and were getting closer and closer to Violet City. "You did awesome, Krystal!"
"Dile!" <Thank you!> Krystal loved the attention her trainer was giving her. "Toto?" <This is my new friend?>
"Alright, you aren't hurt, are you?" Ryan looked at Krystal worriedly; what if she had gotten hurt and he hadn't noticed?
"Tote." <Nope.> The Totodile shook her head; she had indeed been pecked once, but that hardly constitutes an injury.
"Alright, good." Ryan grinned; They were off to a good start.

Last edited by antonm1107 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: The Johto Journey   The Johto Journey - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:40 am

Ellie was not far away, also battling a Pidgey. After battling one earlier she had already decided that she wanted one on her team. This particular one was a female and was currently flying towards them with a readied Tackle attack.

"Flare, counter it with your own Tackle!"
The Cyndaquil nodded before charging forwards. The two Tackle's collided and the Pidgey flew backwards, kicking up dirt from the ground using Sand-Attack as she did so.

"Smokescreen!"
"Quil!~"
Flare stood on his hind legs, the flames on his back once again springing to life as he breathed the thick black smoke out of his mouth, obscuring the Pidgey's vision.
The Pidgey fluttered around inside the smoke, trying to find her way out. When she did, her eyes were still stinging and so Flare had an open route to attack.
"Extrasensory!"

This move would prove to be the final one of the battle. As the colourful beam hit the Pidgey, it toppled through the air, Ellie quickly throwing a Pokeball before it hit the ground. The Pidgey was sucked into it and the Pokeball landed gently, shaking a few times before clicking.

"Woohoo!" grinned Ellie, running over to scoop Flare into her arms and cuddle him.
"You were awesome!"
"Cyndaquil!(Thankyou!)" he smiled in reply before Ellie put him down again and jogged over to fetch the Pokeball.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Johto Journey   The Johto Journey - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:39 pm

Ryan grinned at his companion. "So, you got one too, huh?" He took out 2 sticks of gum and gave one to Krystal. After a few more minutes of walking, they had reached the entrance of Dark Cave.
"I'm gonna go in there later; see if I can't catch myself a Geodude or something. You wanna come with me?"
"Toto! Tote Totodile?" <That looks awesome! Are there gonna be Pokemon to fight?> Krystal said to her trainer, jumping up and down enthusiastically. She had a spark in her eyes, like she was ready for anything. She immediately started running for the cave.
"Woah, not now Krystal! I need to stock up on Pokeballs first! Besides; you look tired. You should probably take a rest first." Ryan ran up to his Reptilian friend, knelt down and placed his hand on her shoulder. "Now come on, let's hurry over to Violet City."
Krystal looked longingly at the cave for a few more seconds; it seemed like the perfect place to battle. She sighed and turned to her trainer, nodding. He was right; she was tired. Still, she really wanted to battle Pokemon that could live in such a dark cave.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: The Johto Journey   The Johto Journey - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 3:25 pm

Ellie nodded and glanced into the cave as they walked past. She wondered what other Pokemon she could find in there to perhaps add to her team. As she was thinking about this, Flare wandered alongside her. He wondered what their new team member would be like.

Once the duo reached Violet City, Ellie headed straight to the Pokemon Centre to heal both Flare and her newly acquired Pidgey. After handing over the Pokeballs she sat in the waiting area wondering what to do for the next few minutes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Johto Journey   The Johto Journey - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Johto Journey
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next