Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

We're Monsters!

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

We're Monsters! Empty
PostSubject: We're Monsters!   We're Monsters! EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 8:10 pm

It was a cold grey skied day, just after noon in fact, at the large government owned home that was recently built. The structure was normal looking enough to the casual onlooker, but its purpose was quite special. Six young individuals would be living here together to determine if humanity was ready for something new. Three humans and three... others would be the residents for a full year. They would all arrive one by one in black government cars, the kind political figures travelled in. The house had everything six teens could want or need to be comfortable and happy during their stay. The parents would be compensated for allowing this of course and there were a few cameras on the property for safety reasons on the outside. And right in front of the house was a man in a suit. Caucasian and dressed appearance impeccable, one look screamed government agent about him. He was waiting for the teens. Here came a car now to drop off the first occupant of the house.
Back to top Go down

We're Monsters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're Monsters!   We're Monsters! EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 11:32 pm

The first limo arrived at the large house, inside the limo was a girl of 5'6" with dark brown hair and brown eyes with a small pair of glasses. Straightening her plaid mini skirt and double checked her bag, taking out a small black book titled "The Raven" by Edgar Allan Poe. In fact that was her name, Raven Garcia.

"Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
`'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, `tapping at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'"

She read as the car came to a stop. "Miss. Garcia, we're here." the driver said turning to open the car door on the driver's side. With swift feet the driver opened the door on Raven's side and helped her out of the car. Looking at the house Raven pushed up her glasses to get them agusted. "Seems cool." she said looking at the trees seeing that they had no leaves on them giving the place a creepy feel. "I could stay here for a few weeks." she said with a soft voice as she grabbed her bags and walked towards the front door.

Ooc: I do not own the passage from "The Raven" it belongs to it's Author Edgar Allan Poe.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Poké : 290

We're Monsters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're Monsters!   We're Monsters! EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 11:48 pm

Tawny's orange tinted wings twitched from their furled position as she stared out of the car window. She was sitting on the edge of her seat, not wanting to damage the delicate limbs by leaning back. She was nervous, and it showed. The young fairy wasn't sure what the other monsters would think of her, let alone the humans. She had grown up around other fairies, or more accurately, her siblings, never having many other friends to call her own. Instead, the company of her brother and sisters was enough.

The car pulled up just as another left and a human male opened the door for her. Smiling nervously up at him, she stepped out. However, her bare foot didn't quite touch the ground as her wings took over, an orange blur behind her.

Tawny glanced around, frowning slightly at the leafless trees. They looked rather bare and desolate as they weren't covered in snow like what she would normally expect. Turning away from the eerie trees, the young fairy carried her bags toward the front door of the house. She hadn't needed any help as she hadn't really brought much other than essentials and drawing equipment, though there was an odd assortment of red and orange leaves among her belongings.
Back to top Go down
https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org

We're Monsters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're Monsters!   We're Monsters! EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 12:30 am

Francis twiddled his thumbs in the back of the limo, bored from the long ride. He laid down on his side, scrambling into his backpack for the energy drink he packed with him. He was not used to being driven around anywhere--he did most of his driving himself. He took a drink of the Arctic Blast drink and peeked out the window.

"Um, sir?" he asked through the intercom, to the driver. "Are we almost there?"

The chauffeur coughed, and answered back. "Yessir, we're on the street now."

"Thanks!"

"My pleasure." The intercom clicked off, and a minute later, the car stopped. As the engine stopped, the young man began to gather up two duffel bags full of

"Woah, spooky." Francis noted, peering out of the window at the yard. He watched as a suited man walked up to the car door, and without thinking, opened the door himself.

"Young sir," the man spoke, "allow me to at least take your bags."

"Nah," Francis responded, "I got this. Thanks, though." The boy grabbed his duffel bags and backpack, slung them over his shoulder with a bit of effort.

"Uh, how many people are here now?"

"Two young women just arrived. You can meet them inside."

"Huh. Alright. Thanks again." Francis smiled very slightly, and turned towards the house. He wasn't quite sure what he'd find inside, but he figured it'd be fun.
Back to top Go down

We're Monsters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're Monsters!   We're Monsters! EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 5:07 am

Just as Francis arrived, a limo with a third young woman popped into view from a street corner. This one, known as Hilde, was preoccupied with a small wood carving project, leaning over a small bucket to avoid spilling on the floor. It was going to be a locket with room for a picture inside, hopefully a nice little gift to one of the other humans/monsters she would meet there. Or herself, if nobody wanted it.

As she was about to begin carving patterns, the car came to a halt in front of a building. "Miss Coolburg, we're here." A man said, opening the door for her. Full af excitement for the event about to unfold, she ignored the mispronunciation of her . "Yes! Tank you, sør!" she beamed, before quickly correcting herself. "I, uh, mean thank you, sir." she corrected awkwardly. stepping out of the car and dragging her stuff with her.

Looking at her new home for the next year, the girl let out a small squeal inside herself as she prepared to enter. She wondered what her company would be like, though...
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

Poké : 380

We're Monsters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're Monsters!   We're Monsters! EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 2:20 pm

Charles was sitting upright in the limo, stiff as a board as he didn't want to damage the seats with his armor. He looked out of the window, partly to imagine the things that would await him in his new life, partly to memorise the view outside. Charles always liked training his memory, believing that his memories were connections to the past, which he treasured dearly.

As they suddenly came to a halt, Charles' helet almost flew off, but he could still hold it in place. The building they were parking in front of had a strange aura about it, the leafless trees in front of it made it look as if it wasn't from this world, not that Charles did either.

After a man opened the car's doors for him, he stepped outside, looking around as he picked up his bag and began walking towards the house, his armor clanking with every step.
Back to top Go down

We're Monsters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're Monsters!   We're Monsters! EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 3:54 pm

The last limo pulled in and the door was opened by the passenger. The figure was quite tall, around six foot four, dressed in all black. It was wearing a black trench coat that covered the bulk of that tall, slender body. The collar was pulled up to cover most of the person's face, the rest covered by the black fedora on its head and the black sunglasses covered its eyes. Black boots covered the figure's feet and black gloves covered its hands. An umbrella was hanging from is arm as if the figure had expected rain. The most noticable thing about the figure was the feeling of wrongness that came off it. Like that feeling of hair standing up that you get when looking at the terrifying abyss. The government agent greeted the figure with a polite nod and the figure nodded back in reply before joining the others inside.

Once they were gathered, the agent addressed the teens. "Good afternoon. I'm Agent Hensworth from the Department of Interspecies Relations. Welcome to Fallsrun, the town you'll live in the next year. You all know why you are here, but don't feel pressured. Act like yourself, be natural. I'm sure you will all get along very well. Now, how about we start by giving names? How about you first?" He gestured to the tall figure and it nodded, standing in front of the small group. The voice it had was soft and higher in octave, revealing it was female.

"My name is Beth. I am the offspring of the Slenderman, I'm sure you've heard something of him." It wasn't boastful, it sounded more matter of fact than that. "I am pleased to meet you all. I hope we can become good friends over this year."
Back to top Go down

We're Monsters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're Monsters!   We're Monsters! EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 4:02 pm

"Slenderman? Like the video games called Slender?" Rave asked glancing up from her book, while sitting in a chair. She had never played the games but she had seen other people play the games. She smiled remembering their scared faces. Closing her book, she stood up and pushing up her glasses she introduced herself, "My name is Raven Garcia. We shall be siblings of darkness, Beth, offspring of Slenderman." she said holding both of Beth's hands. She was now standing close to the Slenderwoman yet she could hardly believe her eyes. Monsters do exist then. she thought with joy.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

We're Monsters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're Monsters!   We're Monsters! EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 6:01 pm

Tawny had heard tales of the Slenderman but had never actually seen him herself. Beth didn't seem too bad though, despite the scary stores her siblings would tell about her species. Raven seemed a bit odd though. Tawny didn't want to be judgmental, but siblings of darkness? She didn't quite understand as the human species was said to be more of a neutral one rather than one of darkness.

Realising that she was up next she smiled nervously, her orange wings a blur as she hovered.
"Hi, I'm Tawny," she smiled, "Pleased to meet you all."

Last edited by SereneLittleRose on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

We're Monsters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're Monsters!   We're Monsters! EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 6:58 pm

Francis was next. He smiled, took one look at Beth, and felt the color drain from his face.

"Uh, hey, I'm... Frankie." Francis attempted to say more than four words, but found himself gritting his teeth mid-introduction. He didn't exactly know what this Slenderman thing was, but Beth certainly seemed to be screwing with his head and making him second-guess his thoughts. The teen tried very, very hard not to stare, so he started to try to focus on the others. The "gothy girl" seemed a little unusual, but the nervous fairy seemed nice enough, if a little too on-edge as well.

The fellow wearing the suit of armor? He had the right idea, Francis figured.

Finally, he rested his quickly-tiring eyes on the pretty Norwegian girl. At least she seemed pretty together.

"Hey, what... who's your name?" he managed to finish saying, wondering where all his strength had been sapped as he tried to pass on the torch.
Back to top Go down

We're Monsters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're Monsters!   We're Monsters! EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 11:01 am

Hilde made herself comfortable in a couch as she listened to the others introduce themselves. This is going to be an interesting year... she though, her eyes wandering from Beth to Tawny, and then to the fellow who seemed to have a little trouble introducing himself. She didn't hear it too clearly, but it sounded like his name was Frankie. Either way, he seemed eager to pass on the torch to someone else, which was understandable in a house full of strangers. In all honesty, Hilde didn't mind that the someone wound up being her, as the soft sofa had eased her nerves. Besides, she was going to have to introduce herself sooner or later.

"It's nic to meet you guis." Hilde greeted the others, deciding not to care too much about her accent. Trying to hide it would be to no avail when she was this excited, even if she seemed relaxed on the outside. "Mi name is Hilde, but it's ålreit if you find it eesier to coll me Hill."
she smiled as she continued. "And don't vorry, the axent is usully not nerly this bad."
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

Poké : 380

We're Monsters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're Monsters!   We're Monsters! EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 3:31 pm

Although Charles had no idea, who this "Slenderman" was, he decided not to ask, trying not to sound impolite. Standing completely upright against a wall, he began to introduce himself:

"My name is Charles Gladius. It beeth a pleasure meeting thee."

Charles' voice was a rattling one as his visor kept clanking while he spoke.
Back to top Go down

We're Monsters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're Monsters!   We're Monsters! EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 2:04 pm

Beth smiled behind the trench coat and reached up, taking her fedora and sunglasses off to reveal her black hair and eyeless face. She then spoke in a light pattern.

"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space,
Rayless, and pathless, and the icy earth
Swung blind and blackening in the moonless air;
Morn came and went—and came, and brought no day,
And men forgot their passions in the dread
Of this their desolation; and all hearts
Were chill'd into a selfish prayer for light:
And they did live by watchfires—and the thrones,
The palaces of crowned kings—the huts,
The habitations of all things which dwell,
Were burnt for beacons; cities were consum'd,
And men were gather'd round their blazing homes
To look once more into each other's face;
Happy were those who dwelt within the eye
Of the volcanos, and their mountain-torch:
A fearful hope was all the world contain'd;
Forests were set on fire—but hour by hour
They fell and faded—and the crackling trunks
Extinguish'd with a crash—and all was black.
The brows of men by the despairing light
Wore an unearthly aspect, as by fits
The flashes fell upon them; some lay down
And hid their eyes and wept; and some did rest
Their chins upon their clenched hands, and smil'd;
And others hurried to and fro, and fed
Their funeral piles with fuel, and look'd up
With mad disquietude on the dull sky,
The pall of a past world; and then again
With curses cast them down upon the dust,
And gnash'd their teeth and howl'd: the wild birds shriek'd
And, terrified, did flutter on the ground,
And flap their useless wings; the wildest brutes
Came tame and tremulous; and vipers crawl'd
And twin'd themselves among the multitude,
Hissing, but stingless—they were slain for food.
And War, which for a moment was no more,
Did glut himself again: a meal was bought
With blood, and each sate sullenly apart
Gorging himself in gloom: no love was left;
All earth was but one thought—and that was death
Immediate and inglorious; and the pang
Of famine fed upon all entrails—men
Died, and their bones were tombless as their flesh;
The meagre by the meagre were devour'd,
Even dogs assail'd their masters, all save one,
And he was faithful to a corse, and kept
The birds and beasts and famish'd men at bay,
Till hunger clung them, or the dropping dead
Lur'd their lank jaws; himself sought out no food,
But with a piteous and perpetual moan,
And a quick desolate cry, licking the hand
Which answer'd not with a caress—he died.
The crowd was famish'd by degrees; but two
Of an enormous city did survive,
And they were enemies: they met beside
The dying embers of an altar-place
Where had been heap'd a mass of holy things
For an unholy usage; they rak'd up,
And shivering scrap'd with their cold skeleton hands
The feeble ashes, and their feeble breath
Blew for a little life, and made a flame
Which was a mockery; then they lifted up
Their eyes as it grew lighter, and beheld
Each other's aspects—saw, and shriek'd, and died—
Even of their mutual hideousness they died,
Unknowing who he was upon whose brow
Famine had written Fiend. The world was void,
The populous and the powerful was a lump,
Seasonless, herbless, treeless, manless, lifeless—
A lump of death—a chaos of hard clay.
The rivers, lakes and ocean all stood still,
And nothing stirr'd within their silent depths;
Ships sailorless lay rotting on the sea,
And their masts fell down piecemeal: as they dropp'd
They slept on the abyss without a surge—
The waves were dead; the tides were in their grave,
The moon, their mistress, had expir'd before;
The winds were wither'd in the stagnant air,
And the clouds perish'd; Darkness had no need
Of aid from them—She was the Universe."

Beth grinned to Raven. "Lord Byron's Darkness, 1816. That year was known as the year without summer due to a volcano spewing ash to block the warming rays of the sun." Hensworth coughed to get everyone's attention. "Well, I assume you can all decide rooms and house rules yourselves. If you have and problems, questions, or concerns, my number is on the wall beside the phone. in the kitchen. I'll leave you all to it." with that, the agent went out to leave the six to their devices. Beth waited for someone to speak up as she took her gloves off her pale white hands.
Back to top Go down

We're Monsters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're Monsters!   We're Monsters! EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 11:39 pm

Raven listened in awe as Beth recited one of her favorite poems. "So do we have roommates or do we have separate rooms?" Raven asked the group. She went over to the corner she was in and picked up her bags. She sat down in her chair and waited for someone else to speak or to move on.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

We're Monsters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're Monsters!   We're Monsters! EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:04 pm

Tawny blinked, trying to calm herself down.
"Why don't we go upstairs and look?" she suggested. After all this was now their home, they might as well get settled. If they were to have roomates, Tawny wasn't quite sure who she would want to be with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

We're Monsters! Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're Monsters!   We're Monsters! Empty

Back to top Go down

We're Monsters!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next