Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Autumn Frost?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Shield

Shield

Poké : 120

Autumn Frost? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Autumn Frost?   Autumn Frost? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2019 10:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

[Important inventory: Rainy Orb, Shocker Orb, Allure Seed]
[Energy: 17 - 11 = 6]

Recently, Valen had learned about an exploration organization called the Windrose Scouts and its base in Fallen Leaf Copse. Along with Saturn, the Cubone who had told him about the organization in the first place, Valen had decided to become a member. Especially as Valen was also a member of the Aileron Guild and the Peak Academy, some might have said that it was too much for one little bird - but Valen himself felt confident that he could manage. In fact, almost right after joining, Valen, along with Saturn, had decided to investigate one of the rumours on a Windrose Library bulletin board.

So, someone says "flowers made of frost" are appearing in these woods, huh. Valen thought. Could that really be true? I mean, from what I've heard and read about, this place is basically autumn all the time, so how could there possibly be frost here? Maybe someone mistook white flowers for frost or something - or they're just making things up?

Now, Valen was outside the Windrose Scouts base, but still inside the woods themselves. He looked around. There were, of course, the trees with their beautiful orange and yellow leaves that were everywhere here - but as far as he could tell, no frost, in fact nothing white whatsoever was present. Then he remembered something.

The rumour said they're at the bases of trees and on branches on the ground - and I haven't really looked down yet! So Valen did that. There was a carpet of fallen leaves, and Valen could see some small plants growing as well - including a few flowers. But again, none of these were frosty or even white.

So now, they had to explore some more. At least everything was in the same dungeon as the scout headquarters itself was located in, so Valen hadn't had to travel very far already after deciding to investigate the rumour - one reason he had chosen this one in the first place to start with. But then Valen thought: What if this really is just made up? Then how are we going to prove that there are, indeed, no such flowers? Do we really have to search the whole of Fallen Leaf Copse? Well, we can certainly at least search one part of this place to begin with...

Valen turned to Saturn. "Saturn," he asked, "have you seen anything here now? You know, any frost or anything that looks at all like it?"

AuthorMessage
Shield

Shield

Poké : 120

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Frost?   Autumn Frost? - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2020 10:09 pm

Valen looked down at his legs in response to Saturn's question. "Good points. I'm not sure, but I could try," he replied, continuing to hold the flower with one of his feet as he looked around.  Soon, he noticed that at some distance, there were more clusters of white things. He approached the one that was closest by, and sure enough, they were more frost flowers.

Interesting, Valen thought, We didn't find any of these for almost a whole day, and suddenly there are so many. They must only grow in a small area of the whole forest - which could explain why no one mentioned them until relatively recently... or this is all some elaborate trick. But are there any Pokemon here who can learn Ice-type moves? Probably not Deerling or Sawsbuck, and we haven't seen any Ice-types around here...

"Hey, I just found a lot more of these frost flowers in this direction," Valen told everyone, "Let's see if there are any more clues here."

[Energy: 1 + 1 (new page) = 2]

Pickup roll:
Shield carried out 1 launched of one Fallen Leaf Copse (Image not informed.) :
Autumn Frost? - Page 3 J7Ks1Pi

southpawXlegacy

southpawXlegacy

Poké : 1620

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Frost?   Autumn Frost? - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2020 9:41 am

Saturn examined the frost flower carefully as Valen held it, curious to see how fragile it actually was. It seemed to hold up well enough under Valen's grasp, which was definitely a good sign. Perhaps if we can bring one of them back to the Windrose Headquarters, we might be able to transplant it and grow them in a controlled environment. Although, it would take a lot of trial and error to figure out what their preferred conditions are, and by extension, a lot of frost flowers. It certainly would be something that someone more knowledgable about plants would be better off doing. Regardless, I'm sure the Windrose Scouts would love a specimen of their own.

His pondering was interrupted by Valen coming across a large number of these mysterious frost flowers growing in the same area as if they were a common member of the local flora. "Wow. That's a lot of frost flowers. And to think we were unable to find a single one until just recently. It seems they're quite picky about where they choose to grow. Actually, this gives me an idea." He wasn't very keen on what he was about to do next, but considering the circumstances, he figured it would be well worth it. Saturn took his bone helmet off, flipping it upside down. He began using his bone club to roughly cut out the chunks of soil the frost flowers were growing in, carefully placing them in his bone helmet. "So, if so many of these flowers are growing in this little area, then there must be something special about it. I'm willing to bet it has something to do with the soil." He worked as he talked. He managed to comfortably fit three frost flowers, along with a sizable clump of soil for each, into his helmet. "With any luck, we'll be able to successfully transplant at least one of these in a vase or something in the Windrose Library. I bet they'd make for a wonderful decoration. Plus, we'd be able to research them much more comprehensively and figure out what makes them so special."

Saturn's exposed head had a short, pudgy snout, with two small, triangular ears on the upper-rear of his head. His skin was leathery and a tad bit scaly, sort of like an armadillo. His teeth were small and pearly white. "Now let's hurry and get this back to the library before my arms get tired. Hopefully, we won't come across any hostiles on our way back."

[Energy: 1 + 1 (new page) = 2]

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Frost?   Autumn Frost? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Autumn Frost?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: The West :: Fallen Leaf Copse-
Jump to: