Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

New to Town

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
HulkingElf

HulkingElf

Poké : 540

New to Town - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: New to Town   New to Town - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2019 5:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

After a long journey from Rainfront town Emmett finally makes it to Grassveil town excited to join the guild and start out on his adventures. upon first arriving he encounters a older pokemon struggling to carry their groceries and graciously helps them. After doing so he introduces himself and states hes here to join the guild, he gets a 'your a good little pokemon' and thanks the elderly pokemon and is on his way. Takes ten steps and remembers that he doesn't know how to get to the guild. But figures he will ask someone else to not bother the elderly pokemon he has helped any further.

Several hours later.....

Emmett is quite upset with himself he must have helped a dozen people by now but continues to forget to ask for directions, now wondering aimlessly through the streets. A bit lost but there are no other pokemon in sight, he begins pacing trying to back track to recollect how he ended up lost like this.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Scypho

Scypho

Poké : 3454

PostSubject: Re: New to Town   New to Town - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 7:39 pm

"You're lucky. Not having to worry about healing items sounds great," 'Loren' replied. Just hearing that sentence had made him think about all his recent scuffles and their consequences. Fixing the injuries up with berries felt like a waste when he wasn't planning to run straight into a new fight, so he would save them up and let things heal on their own whenever he had the time. But just when had he become so scrappy? Luckily he was not hurt right now. "Hmm, don't know if it counts as a ration, but wiki berries are nice for a snack," he mentioned after silently thinking for some seconds. "And even better sliced, as cake toppings..." he added, almost too quietly to hear. It was more of note to himself.

His target soon began heading for another alley, where he slipped into the shadows. If he had known I was following him, I'd be mad at him for taunting me. Don't I have a low-risk scheme or something I could run safely even with Sir Paladin here following me? This is such an awful way to waste alley trips. They were almost halfway through the alley now, and the acorn's whole body felt like one giant itch. He was supposed to just get the charm and be done with it, damn it! So why am I still doing this? I should just tear myself away from it, and go do something else, if I even can... Then hopefully I'll calm down, and I won't have to do something I'll regret in front of this guy and- He stopped. The axew had stopped. He was turning around.

... What does he want now? Does he know I'm after him?

"Er, hi?" he said, trying to act how he would expect some random person awkwardly having to face a stranger in a shady alley would have.
Back to top Go down
Blaze

Blaze

Poké : 440

PostSubject: Re: New to Town   New to Town - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 8:14 pm

The Axew froze upon seeing the Seedot and the same Poliwag from earlier... it was now clear to him that they were tailing him! But... why...? He wondered that as he took a few steps backward all the while looking at the duo and holding his flower charm tightly with his claws. From his eyes, he seemed worried... It couldn't be his imagination, they left at the same time and went the same place! They really were following him for some reason...

-You... you're... you are following me... I saw you two close to Glenna and... at the place from earlier... did I... wrong you two...? If not... what... what do you want from me? I don't have anything to give...!

Tusk was speaking like HE was the one who encountered shady characters in a shady alley!
Back to top Go down
HulkingElf

HulkingElf

PostSubject: Re: New to Town   New to Town - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 8:36 pm

As they were walking 'Loren' seemed to pick up on the pokemon waking strangely as well. 'Loren' followed the pokemon into the alleyway with Emmett in tow. How perceptive, Emmett thought but its not surprising as 'Loren' is taking his time out of his day to help me it should be no surprise that he too picked up on the axew's anxiousness, and decided to help them as well.

After they were sufficiently in the alleyway 'Loren' introduced himself and the axew let loose a volley of concerns, which in hindsight are not unfounded however upon hearing the axew's concerns Emmett must clear the table.

"Hello my fellow pokemon my name is, Emmett my friend here 'Loren' was directing me to the guild and he as I must have picked up on your Unease on our way there my friend. You seem to be troubled is there anything that we could do for you. I'm always up to help a fellow pokemon in need so there is no need to be alarmed my friend"
*Emmett boasts with sincerity.*
Back to top Go down
Scypho

Scypho

PostSubject: Re: New to Town   New to Town - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 9:17 pm

I knew it. He had figured me out! Let's see, what to say...

'Loren' began thinking about excuses, but that was hardly neccessary. His knightly companion had that covered, despite not really being aware of it just being a cover himself. Would have thanked you, Emmett, but... he thought, finding the occurrence both relieving and humorous. Kaka, I'll be sure to if you do find out someday. Hope you won't hate me then, 'cause you do seem alright despite getting in my way and all...

Adjusting his behaviour to suit their new cover-up, he took a step forward. Though not very expressive, his body allowed for him to at least give the dragon a friendly look through relaxed, caring eyes. Though keeping his eyes away from the decoration clutched in the boy's claws was difficult, he managed to look Tusk in the eyes."Yeah, we saw the way you avoided certain people out there. Is there someone you're afraid of? Someone who's out to get you? Maybe we could protect you from them?" the thief offered. Any excuse that would allow him to follow the axew without suspicion was a good excuse to him now.
Back to top Go down
Blaze

Blaze

PostSubject: Re: New to Town   New to Town - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 10:06 pm

Tusk felt suspicious at first about those two pokemons words... but upon thinking, the guild should be where he was going, and that would explain why they'd follow him if it was to see what was wrong with him. Of course, this situation is what he tried to avoid most... he looked down and replied...

-There's... nothing you can do... I... I'm just... really afraid of... other males... I despise... males...

He closes his eyes while he began trembling, it was a long story to explain, but he had to make it plain and simple, maybe they'll leave him alone once he explains himself...

-Boys are stupid... they're mean...! They expect a lot from you... if they don't like who you are or fail to live up to their expectations... they'll show it through really mean ways... Actually they've never shown any true kindness... except... dad...

He looked at the side while tightening the grip he had on his charm, a little smile forming on his face...

-Girls however... they don't expect much from you...! They are much more caring and supportive about who you are...! Even if there exists mean girls too... at least most of them aren't total jerks! I... just today... I got another proof of that... this sweet Glenna gave me a nice gift... even after bumping into her! Boys would never do that... they'd do the opposite!

-This is why I... avoid guys as much as possible... whoever they are... they'd only hurt me in some ways...
Back to top Go down
HulkingElf

HulkingElf

PostSubject: Re: New to Town   New to Town - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 1:23 am

Emmett only knows of two ways to handle a sad situation be Brave and fight it head on, or encouraging Paladin speech mode.

"Fear not my friend I am on a journey to become a Paladin of great virtue, just like my father. Helping and protecting the innocent. In fact, back in my home town I bested quite a few town bullies. I just can't stand those who would torment others for such petty reasons."
Emmett boasts loudly,
"However my dear friend I don't think you should let bad apples spoil the bunch, if you know my meaning. There will always be negative people but its the one in a hundred that you meet that make the best friends for life."
Emmett says with a slightly stern face,
"On another note you shouldn't let such negative feelings guide your actions. You may always be met with adversity but it takes true strength to power through it and not be defeated by these thoughts. To show kindness, respect, truth and justice at all points of your life even to those you do not think worthy of it that is the way of the Paladin, the way of a better life for all around you, even yourself."
Emmett speaks while pacing and tail moving to show emphasis on his words,

*Emmett at this point has entered into full on paladin encouraging speech mode and sparkles like a Saturday morning super hero as he continues to ramble on and on*
Back to top Go down
Scypho

Scypho

PostSubject: Re: New to Town   New to Town - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 5:28 pm

While listening to Tusk explain his issues with males, 'Loren' glanced over at Emmett, then down at his own shell. If he didn't like guys, they weren't exactly the ideal pokémon to be stalking him in some shifty backstreet. No wonder he had been so jumpy back when he had spotted them. And by doing what I'm planning to, I'm only going to worsen his problem, ain't I? I really should stop. Damnit. Yet he kept up the friendly, "helpful" act, with nothing new in the intention department, save for a stronger wish to just quit it. Sadly his compulsions weren't giving in to that quite yet.

"Yeah, listen to Emmett. You shouldn't categorize all guys as mean. Some are really cool people, y'know? You said it yourself when you mentioned your dad. If he's so nice, what's stopping the others from being like that as well? You've just met the wrong pokémon." If Tusk hadn't caught him at such a poor timing, 'Loren' would gladly have talked this over with him. Fearing such a big chunk of the population didn't sound like a healthy mindset to have, so it worried him to hear that the dragon felt that way. But for now, it seemed he would be stuck only furthering the problem.

"You know what? I think you should walk with us to the guild. That's where you're going, right? Some nice company should prove to you we're not just jerks. Oh, how he felt the need to facepalm. Really, Lea? "Nice company"? "Not just jerks"? You're robbing some kid who already hates guys, and you have the gall to spout this kind of crap before you do it? Any other wording would do less damage. Any. The way things were looking now, this would be an especially regrettable heist.
Back to top Go down
Blaze

Blaze

PostSubject: Re: New to Town   New to Town - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 10:18 pm

Tusk really wasn't trusting the armless duo... glaring at them as if he already had heard this kind of speech a lot in the past that... was never seen as true... he had LOTS of experience to back up his fears when he was younger, or else he wouldn't have a complete phobia of this category of the population...

-No... no it's not true! I... I met so many guys before... it all end badly! My dad must be an exception because... because I'm his son...! I never really asked if he'd act as rough as the others to the rest... I... Look, I'm just sick of trying to believe in other guys! No matter how hard I try... other boys will always see me as an easy target! Between false friendships and pickings on me, I feel like... the only way to get respected by them is to... be as rough as they are!

Tusk's state worsens as such a conversation just gives him bad memories... He clearly had no beliefs in good guys, to him, they are just beings in the quest of respect and dominance over the others! All this conversation makes him start to cry a bit... all the while showing frustrations with his change of tone.

-You're both saying that there exists good guys like me and dad but... I NEVER saw any examples... and I am not trusting you to be some of these rare cases! From my experience, you're probably just trying to get me into a false sense of friendship for... some malovelent goals! This talk about trying to continue trying... I heard it many times that only ended in betrayal! I just can't... tell what is truth or not coming from a guy's mouth! Tell me just one real reason to give guys another chance... when I can just live out my life avoiding them... I'm sick of getting hurt mentally and physically by them...

Deep down the Axew must know why almost every guys aren't friendly towards him, he just can't bring himself to change himself to be appreciated by them! It's why as of now... the only boys that he could ever hope to have as real friends are those that'd accept his lack of manliness! Something that is mostly seen as "laughable" or "pathetic" by them due to him being a dragon type! The most ferocious kind of pokémons... his dream of becoming like his father must have come from these reactions!
Back to top Go down
HulkingElf

HulkingElf

PostSubject: Re: New to Town   New to Town - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 11:41 pm

Emmett is slightly taken aback, normally his speeches do the trick for most pokemon. Clearly this Axew's time in his home town was not a pleasant experience. This will require a different approach, maybe it will work.

*First, the truth Emmett.*- Emmett thought
"Clearly i see that growing up in your hometown must have been a harsh place to grow up in however, as you can see we are no longer in your hometown. The experiences you have from other places need not be the same in newer ones. Also my friend you seem to contradict yourself, if you want to be strong then do not be afraid, if you want to be kind then do not hate others."

*Now, a reason....* - Emmett thought if his words cant be trusted then perhaps...
"If my words cannot reach you, then how about this."
Emmett straddles his feet and does what one would expect to be puffing up his chest.
"You may strike me as hard as you wish, I shall not retaliate and I will not falter. To give up on another is to give up on ones self, I shall not give up on you even if you do not believe in me, know that I believe in you to show me your true strength."

Emmett braces himself for an incoming swing. Unwavering in his determination to aid this fellow pokemon with his troubles.
Back to top Go down
Scypho

Scypho

PostSubject: Re: New to Town   New to Town - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 11:21 am

The hate's deeply ingrained in him, huh? This is bad. For both him and me. C'mon, there's gotta be something I can say or do to make him trust me at least a little. I can't just take the charm and run while it's around his neck.

While he was thinking, Emmett started started speaking to the dragon again. 'Loren' was paying much more attention now than he had when he himself had been subjected to the first speech. There had to be some part of it he could work with and twist into a reason for his target to come with them or take the charm off! Before he got a chance to latch onto anything, however, the tadpole moved on to a different part of his strategy. He had puffed out his chest, fully exposing himself to a hit, should the axew wish to land one on him.

Some kind of trust through vulnerability thing, I suppose. He found the offer oddly fitting, with how much the poliwag's swirls reminded him of a shooting target. But those are really his innards, aren't they? To be hit like this when your skin's thin enough to show your organs... Ouch. He must really want to help him trust again. And unlike me, he doesn't even have any ulterior motive to do it. Just kindness. Had he possessed a neck, 'Loren' would have shook his head to snap himself out of the thoughts that ensued. His decision to change the mental topic luckily worked well enough even without the shaking. Well aware that he was easily moved as well as quick to get attached when moved, he knew he could not afford to think about the water-type's heroism. Not now. He had a charm to obtain, and did not need any more hindrances. Without saying anything, he looked at the other guys, curious as to how Tusk would react to the new offer.
Back to top Go down
Blaze

Blaze

PostSubject: Re: New to Town   New to Town - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 12:48 pm

Tusk was really hesitant to follow the Poliwag's idea of... hitting him... it's just not something he felt like doing to someone else, or at least someone that hadn't wrong him to the point of resorting to what he didn't like much, violence! Another thing that can be seen as pretty strange for some people... as Dragon types are generally seen as ruthless and born to battle!

Speaking of... he was thinking about what he said before asking the Axew to hit him... it's true that not only all these bad experiences comes from only ONE place, but that this place in question was mainly consisting on dark types and other dragon types! That would explain why the definition he gave of the gender was that rough... if the only guys he ever met are the manipulative or tough types! In that case, a pokémon as honest and gentle as Tusk wouldn't really belong there!

-N-No... I... I won't do that... I don't like hurting for no real reason... I don't want to do that...!

He sighed as he slowly loses the strong grip on his dear charm! Though this speech and the following reasoning reassured him, it didn't mean he was all cured of his fears of guys... he still had to meet a lot of good people as examples to be totally convinced that guys weren't total jerks... however, it allowed him to give them another chance, but just... one... last...!

-I... I do need to be braver... I need to give those of this town a chance at least... but... only one of not getting me a repeat scenario...!

He catched his breath before turning his back on the two, returning to his normal self, for now at least...

-Now then, I suppose... the guild is not much further that way, I spotted it once, shouldn't be far...!
Back to top Go down
HulkingElf

HulkingElf

PostSubject: Re: New to Town   New to Town - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 3:59 pm

Emmett was quite proud of the axew in front of him, he showed kindness and strength of resolve both things he aspired too. Nice judge of character this was.

"Huzzah, my friend! You are kind indeed we may be great allies yet. 'Loren' here shall guide us to the guild as long as that's okay with him still he"s our resident local. As I am also new to this Town."

*Emmett relaxes his posture smiles deeply. Emmett then realized that through this mighty pickle that he still does not know this axew's name yet.*

"My friend, I'm sure your tired of me calling you that. I believe you've yet to introduce yourself, since we have all gotten over some of this negativity, it's very nice to meet you"

*Emmett is quite eager get to the guild with his new friends in town.*
Back to top Go down
Scypho

Scypho

PostSubject: Re: New to Town   New to Town - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 8:13 pm

Although his main focus was still on Tusk and whether or not he would hit Emmett, 'Loren' was quick to notice that the boy was ceasing to clutch the charm in his hand. That's one step closer. Now it's just gotta leave his neck... Along with tension and thrill due to feeling closer to the goal, the seedot also felt relieved. Even though the poliwag was an obstacle in his quest for the charm, part of him was very glad he had not been harmed. Writing it off as just some good old empathy and nothing more, he went back to listening to what was being said.

When he heard that their traveling duo would grow into a trio, the acorn did a small jump of joy, simultaneous to his comrade's "huzzah". Despite the claim about him being a local technically being incorrect, he did not dispute it. He had lived in Grassveil for about half of his childhood, and thus (mostly) knew his way around the the town, but he actually lived in Rainfront as of now. However, the more ways he could subtly mislead these two about his identity, the better. If something went wrong during the theft, he wouldn't like for them to be able to report or find him afterwards. "I'll still gladly guide you both," was all that he added. As the dragon was asked to state his name, the nut gave him another gentle look while starting to leisurely walk past him and in the guild's direction. This time, the glance was coated in false curiousity. Leander knew what this guy was named, 'Loren' did not. And he couldn't be Leander right now.
Back to top Go down
Blaze

Blaze

PostSubject: Re: New to Town   New to Town - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 11:20 am

Tusk followed the Seedot along with the paladin wannabe Poliwag, the Axew at least proved to be a kind individual to them... not that it was intentional for him! The Poliwag then seemed to be wanting to know his name... something that he hesitated to do for a moment before realising that there's no way there'd be any negative consequences if he did!

-I'm... Tusk... I've been here for a few days but... I didn't get to know the town by heart as of now... it's what I was doing before meeting you guys... As for the guild, I... I'm hesitating to join... for now at least... I just think I need to get better before... joining them, you know?

Tusk could then be seen touching the charm with one of his claws, thinking to himself how it could be a lucky charm after such an encounter... needless to say, he was holding more sentimental value about this charm than earlier, as something that'd bring him luck..
Back to top Go down
HulkingElf

HulkingElf

PostSubject: Re: New to Town   New to Town - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 6:03 pm

With the party now upped to three they, the axew responds to Emmett's question as they start making their way to guild.

Emmett responds,
"Ahh, Tusk, nice name my friend."
Pauses then responds again for the second half,
"As for the guild, I believe it would still be in your best interest to join, they most likely won't send you on a tough quest to begin with. If my memory serves me we start at the normal rank, which leaves us with more simple missions like; go get me 3 oran berries, find my lost silk scarf, or help me build something, things of that caliber which we should be able to do."
Emmett's quite sure of this, to himself, if one can travel alone between two towns then they should have little trouble with normal rank missions. Besides a challenge helps growth.
"We would have to do the easy stuff before the hard stuff, earn our stripes so to speak, I doubt they would have total new members take on thieves or rescue lost pokemon."

As the trio continue down the road following the most gracious guide, Emmett remembers 'Loren' mentioning cake a guilty pleasure of Emmett's.
"Loren my friend, if you ever catch me in Rainfront town be sure to remind me. We can visit my mother's house I believe she makes the best cake and I would welcome you to try it. Of course the offer also extends to you my friend Tusk."

Thinking that some more small talk might also brighten up the mood,

"On that note, my two friends do you have any special hobbies you like to do. I'm quite fond of some exercise myself."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to Town   New to Town - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New to Town
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next