Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

That One Day in Town

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

That One Day in Town Empty
PostSubject: That One Day in Town   That One Day in Town EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 12:57 am

Flint yawned as he sat on the side of the dirt road, under the shade of a tree. He's been traveling all morning, and now that it was about noon, his feet were sore. To sum it up, he was tired, and whenever he was tired, he was sleepy. He shook his head. Can't go to sleep now, after all that walking, he was so close to the guild he heard was located in this town. But that could wait for another minute or two. Flint took in a deep breath and looked around. It was a quiet town (or at least... it was quiet today). Maybe it was cause it was one of those days that it was too hot to be outside, too hot to be walking through the dirt, too hot to have traveled all morning long. Everyone was probably relaxing at the nearest wateringhole somewhere in this place. The poochyena took another deep breath. "Maybe I'll just rest here for a bit longer..." Looking up at the clouds in the sky like he used to in his younger youth, hoping one would block the sun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That One Day in Town   That One Day in Town EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 1:29 am

Toxin walked slowly through town, lacking his usual energy. He hadn't been traveling for too long, but it was a hot day, and the Poochyena hadn't been getting much rest lately. He could see the Grassveil Guild off in the distance, not too far away. Toxin sniffed quietly, picking up the scent of another Pokemon nearby. He altered his direction towards the smell, continuing to trot along until the other Poochyena came into sight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That One Day in Town   That One Day in Town EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 2:54 am

The problem with watching clouds on a relatively hot and sunny day was that there are little clouds to begin with. So after counting the same four miniscule puffs of cotton in the sky about...ten times he got bored and his eyes wandered elsewhere. And that was when he saw another pokemon approaching. It was a poochyena like himself. He nodded a hello to the other and went back to looking at the mostly empty blue sky. "Nice day." He remarked out loud, at an attempt to spark a conversation. "Kinda hotter than I'd like it to be though."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That One Day in Town   That One Day in Town EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 6:10 pm

"Too hot isn't a synonym for nice," Toxin said pointedly. The heat was making him grumpier than usual and the fact that this stranger was in a better mood than him was frustrating. "Hopefully the heat doesn't last. I would never expect the weather to betray us like this."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That One Day in Town   That One Day in Town EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 12:59 am

"Betray?" Flint raised an eyebrow? He turned towards the other poochyena and smirked. "Not sure the weather bends to the whims of us simple folks." He shrugged and tilted his head. "You get what you get." Flint let out a yawn and stood up. It'd probably be best to start movin again. "Hey, would you by chance know where the guild around here is?" Making a show that he was lost by looking idly around for it, as if it were somewhere nearby.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That One Day in Town   That One Day in Town EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 8:33 pm

"Some of us are more simple than others," Toxin muttered under his breath, bristling disagreeably. "I don't know exactly where it is," he replied honestly. "Not too far from here, though."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That One Day in Town   That One Day in Town EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 2:19 pm

Flint nodded and grinned. "Thankyeh kindly sir." The canine pokemon let out another yawn and stretched his back (kinda like what cats). And because social courtesy dictated it, he asked the other Poochyena. "What about you. Where are you headed?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That One Day in Town   That One Day in Town EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 2:42 pm

Toxin thought for a moment. He didn't actually know where he was going. "Not sure. Just wandering," he said briefly, glancing quickly at his paws (feet?).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That One Day in Town   That One Day in Town EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 6:23 am

Flint smirked again. "A poochyena, on a journey, wandering the land far and wide to find the true meaning of life?" A hint of amusement was in his now dramatic voice, but it sounded wholehearted. Flint knew the monologue sounded cheesy, but he thought it might break the ice. "Yeh ever think about goin to the guild. Makin a team maybe? That might give some purpose to those wanderin feet of yours." He ears twitched, waiting for a response.

(Congrats on the promotion Ms. Board Updater! ^_^)

Last edited by Drawr on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That One Day in Town   That One Day in Town EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:34 pm

Toxin smiled subtly. "The true meaning of life? Well, that implies that there's a false meaning," he replied, "And how would I be able to distinguish the two?" Toxin paused shortly. "I've considered it. But the teams are all about helping weak Pokémon, and I just can't sympathize with them."

(Thank you. :D Except, Imma miss. :O)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That One Day in Town   That One Day in Town EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 1:36 pm

Flint shrugged. "Nothin wrong with helpin those who can't help themselves." He sat down and scratched his ear with his foot. "But y'know, you also get to explore new place, find treasure, all that good stuff. Might be worth lookin into."

(That's.... what I said.... *facepalm* sorry! My bad... >_<)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That One Day in Town   That One Day in Town EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 6:51 pm

"Fair enough," admitted Toxin, sitting down and panting a bit from the heat. "When you put it that way, it almost seems interesting. But it's a lot of dedication," he pointed out. "I'd like to know what it's actually like before dedicating my life to it."

(xD It's fine. :3 I don't really care either way.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That One Day in Town   That One Day in Town EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 5:56 am

"Well, there's no better way to find out than goin to the guild." Flint stood up. "And there's nothin like the present to get started. How bout it?" Flint's sleepiness had gone now, replaced with calm enthusiasm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That One Day in Town   That One Day in Town EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 11:55 pm

Toxin blinked dumbly, surprised. "I can't think of a reason why not. . . ." he muttered, nodding slightly to himself. "Sure. It's not like I've got anything to lose."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That One Day in Town   That One Day in Town EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 5:26 am

Flint wagged his tail. 'It's settled then." He turned around and trotted down the road towards the guild. "C'mon!"

(Would this be a good time to switch to the "Guild" section of the forum?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That One Day in Town   That One Day in Town Empty

Back to top Go down

That One Day in Town
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next