Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

HG/SS Nuzlocke Race!

Go down 
+8
Adlet
Silver
Gengarzilla
Badger
Suds
Crytic
Evana
Solilo
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Poké : 290

HG/SS Nuzlocke Race! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: HG/SS Nuzlocke Race!   HG/SS Nuzlocke Race! - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 12:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

Howdy there and welcome to the Nuzlocke race! >:3

Since a bunch of us are all doing this I figured I'd create a handy dandy thread for us to keep each other updated on our progress.
To make sure I know who's participating, post here with the starter you chose and which version you're playing! Anyone can join, not just the ones who have joined already and you can even join late in the game of you want to!

Rules
All normal Nuzlocke rules apply, I.e:
-You can only catch the first Pokemon you encounter in a given area.
-Any Pokemon that faint are considered 'dead' and must be permaboxed or released.
-All caught Pokemon must be nicknamed.

Our extra rules for these runs include:
-Duplicates clause - which allows you to pass by a first encounter and try again if you've already caught that species before.
-Shiny clause - allows the player to catch any shinies they may encounter during their Nuzlocke.

If you would like to add further rules to your run to make it more difficult make sure you note those rules in the same post as when you post stating your participation.

So who has joined so far you might ask?? Well he's a handy dandy list of everyone that has confirmed their participation in this thread!! I'll also update it with the number of gym badges they have currently ^-^

Nuzlocker | Starter | Version | Badges
@Solilo | Cyndaquil | HG | 15
@Evana | Chikorita | HG | 2
@Suds | Totodile | HG | 2
@Badger | Chikorita | HG | 3
@Gengarzilla | Cyndaquil | HG | 2
@Silver | Cyndaquil | HG | 5
@Pikashock | Totodile | HG | 8
@Daixtey | Totodile | SS | 1
@Eventine | Chikorita | HG | 8

Side List
Aka nuzlockers not doing HG/SS.
@Crytic | Cyndaquil | Crystal | 3
@Dracorexion | Froakie | X | 2

Anyone on this list is expected to let us know when they beat any gyms and stuff like that. Basically update the rest of us on your progress, though you don't have to post here every time you catch a pokemon or anything. If you'd like to post any Nuzlocke notes you might make during your run here, that too is fine and will prevent loads of people spamming the free chat with their notes separately!

Disclaimer: The thread says race but you don't have to speed through if you don't want to. Feel free to take all the time you want :3 Aka we're not really racing it's just a catchy thread name.

Edit 8th June:
Since a lot of us are getting the eevee that Bill gifts you in Goldenrod I thought it might be fun to try and get an entire set of eeveelutions between us! (Not counting Sylveon of course!) So this is to keep track of who has which for that purpose ^-^ Of course I won't force you to have an eeveelution you don't want to use though~

Nuzlocker | Eeveelution | Got yet?
@Solilo | Glaceon | Yes
@Silver | Leafeon | Yes
@Evana | Vaporeon | Yes
@Pikashock | Jolteon | Yes
@Gengarzilla | Jolteon | No
@Daixtey | Espeon | No
@Suds | Umbreon | No

Last edited by Solilo on Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:11 pm; edited 44 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org

AuthorMessage
Silver

Silver

Poké : 6040

PostSubject: Re: HG/SS Nuzlocke Race!   HG/SS Nuzlocke Race! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 7:18 am

I don't even know what to do right now. I saved before my Gym Battle with Chuck, and the game froze in the middle of the battle. When I restarted the game, it started me BEFORE I lost all my pokemon... so ???? What do I do now... (ugh I don't want to go through all that again)
Back to top Go down
Crytic

Crytic

Poké : 0

PostSubject: Re: HG/SS Nuzlocke Race!   HG/SS Nuzlocke Race! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 2:26 pm

WHITNEY WAS FREAKING RAi mean I killed her pokemon.

Team

Choo the Hitmonlee
Dumbo the Phanpy
Sanic the Slowpoke
Angsty Boi the Quilava
Geordia the Geodude
Bird Jesus the Pidgeotto

Deaths

PlainToast the Butterfree
Silver the Zubat(*laughter in the distance*)
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: HG/SS Nuzlocke Race!   HG/SS Nuzlocke Race! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 5:42 pm

Updated everyone so far.

@Silver idk if you saw my skype message earlier but I basically just said you should just continue from wherever the save is and try and do ur run as close to the old one as possible until you get to Chuck and just hope you don't lose half ur team this time around xD.

Also I added a list of eeveelutions since I thought it would be cool to try and get a whole set since there are so many of us nuzlocking. I've put up the confirmed ones that people already have and ones that i've seen people say they plan on getting so if you have one for the set lemme know :D

Edit: Oops I forgot to post updates about myself xD I beat Jasmine and Pryce and am currently in the radio tower fighting Team Rocket. My team is about Lvl 37-38 and I still haven't lost anyone yet ^-^
Back to top Go down
Gengarzilla

Gengarzilla

Poké : 4020

PostSubject: Re: HG/SS Nuzlocke Race!   HG/SS Nuzlocke Race! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 6:27 pm

Totally approve of the Eeveelutions list.

I'm grinding at the moment. The rival battle in Azalea Town is a daunting prospect since my two strongest members are weak to his Croconaw, but there's no way to skip this.
Back to top Go down
Suds

Suds

Poké : 1180

PostSubject: Re: HG/SS Nuzlocke Race!   HG/SS Nuzlocke Race! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 9:55 pm

So I kicked the crap out of an old dude's Pokemon, and I thought I should post it here...

Gel vs. Elder::
Back to top Go down
Suds

Suds

PostSubject: Re: HG/SS Nuzlocke Race!   HG/SS Nuzlocke Race! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 9:58 pm

Oh, and I'm finally progressing. Except not any more until after I hatch my Mareep and get him/her to like level 11 or something. Then after that, I'll also make sure my team I'm going to use for the fight against Falkner is around that, too. So that will be in like an hour and a half /shot
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

Poké : 6040

PostSubject: Re: HG/SS Nuzlocke Race!   HG/SS Nuzlocke Race! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 7:55 am

Beat Chuck finally. :3 Edit: And Jasmine or whatever the steel lady's name is.

Current Team:

Suds - Alakazam - Lv 33
Badger - Ampharos - Lv 33
Moon - Butterfree - Lv 33
Synd'r - Typhlosion - Lv 36
Toto - Tentacool - Lv 26
Solilo - Farfetch'd - Lv 25
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

Poké : 10615

PostSubject: Re: HG/SS Nuzlocke Race!   HG/SS Nuzlocke Race! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 3:59 pm

Welp. I've got 8 gym badges and I'm heading straight for the Kimono Girls to get that out of the way.

...jk I'm grinding my team because that's gonna be rough /shot

Also, today is Thunderstone day so in theory I should finally be able to start training my Eevee up.

Team:
Ragna the Feraligatr, Level 40
Zu the Crobat, Level 39
Junpei the Jumpluff, Level 39
Yasha the Eevee, Level 5
Umbra the Dratini, Level 13

Casualties:
Aedan the Growlithe, Level 34. Killed by a Feint Attack from Rival's Sneasel while liberating the Radio Tower.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: HG/SS Nuzlocke Race!   HG/SS Nuzlocke Race! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 4:07 pm

Congrats on the 8 badges and condolences for the Growlithe
I'm training my team to level 42 before I take on Clair despite the type advantages I have. xD
Back to top Go down
Suds

Suds

PostSubject: Re: HG/SS Nuzlocke Race!   HG/SS Nuzlocke Race! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 9:32 pm

Oh, I beat Falkner, so that can be put up there. I'll show the scene of my awesome fight later when I'm not lazy
Back to top Go down
Evana

Evana

Poké : 7570

PostSubject: Re: HG/SS Nuzlocke Race!   HG/SS Nuzlocke Race! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 9:44 pm

I wish I had my laptop to type this. Anyway, I beat Bugsy, but it costed me 4 team members. I got unlucky with my Butterfree's sleep powder missing and then getting a crit and a crit on my Togepi. The ones who died in that battle are:
-Polyxena the Butterfree
-Nasubo the Togepi
-Kaden the Flaaffy
-Nibble the Ratata

I also lost Simon the Spearow during training. He was fighting against a Ditto and the Ditto almost killed him with Fury Attack and when I tried switching out, it used Pursuit. I was panicking a bit and didn't think about healing.

May they rest in peace. I will try to be more careful from now on.

Meanwhile, I have a decent amount of new Pokemon. I haven't failed to capture any Pokemon so far.
-Cotton the Hoppip (Route 33)
-Sir Lewis the Slowpoke (Slowpoke well)
-Plant the Oddish (Ilex forest)
-Tippi the Drowzee (route 34)
-Nina the Nidoran (route 35)

I hope I will be able to catch a Growlithe and a flier somewhere. Flier is more important though.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: HG/SS Nuzlocke Race!   HG/SS Nuzlocke Race! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 10:05 pm

I have beaten Clair, but lost Askeral in the fight against her Kingdra. First death, i'm feeling the feels ;-;

However, after getting the Rising Badge I went and got a Dratini from the Master in Dragon's Den (I used a repel throughout the rest so that I could get the ExtremeSpeed Dratini ^-^)

Anywho that makes 8 Gym badges. My team are all level 42 except for Sorcha, who is level 43 and my new Dratini team member, Tawnie, who is level 15. I'm gonna go train her up so she can put up a fight against the Kimono Girls ^-^

Edit: Oh! I also evolved my Weepinbell Tarragon into a Victreebel ^-^
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: HG/SS Nuzlocke Race!   HG/SS Nuzlocke Race! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 11, 2016 3:47 pm

So whilst I was training for the E4 my Dragonair, Tawnie, found a Shiny Leaf on route 47 and so i've decided to go on a Shiny Leaf hunt for my current team on all the Johto routes whilst I train. It'll probably mean it takes a lot longer but i'm questing for those shiny leaves now omg xD

Anywho I was wondering if anyone else wanted to join me on the shiny leaf quest as well :3

Edit:

HG/SS Nuzlocke Race! - Page 3 Leaf-crown
My Shiny Leaf Quest so far!

Ellychnia - HG/SS Nuzlocke Race! - Page 3 Shiny-leafHG/SS Nuzlocke Race! - Page 3 Shiny-leafHG/SS Nuzlocke Race! - Page 3 Shiny-leaf
Sorcha - HG/SS Nuzlocke Race! - Page 3 Shiny-leafHG/SS Nuzlocke Race! - Page 3 Shiny-leafHG/SS Nuzlocke Race! - Page 3 Shiny-leaf
Tawnie - HG/SS Nuzlocke Race! - Page 3 Shiny-leafHG/SS Nuzlocke Race! - Page 3 Shiny-leaf
Fen - HG/SS Nuzlocke Race! - Page 3 Shiny-leafHG/SS Nuzlocke Race! - Page 3 Shiny-leaf
Sion - HG/SS Nuzlocke Race! - Page 3 Shiny-leafHG/SS Nuzlocke Race! - Page 3 Shiny-leafHG/SS Nuzlocke Race! - Page 3 Shiny-leaf
Tarragon - HG/SS Nuzlocke Race! - Page 3 Shiny-leafHG/SS Nuzlocke Race! - Page 3 Shiny-leafHG/SS Nuzlocke Race! - Page 3 Shiny-leaf

Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

Poké : 1760

PostSubject: Re: HG/SS Nuzlocke Race!   HG/SS Nuzlocke Race! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 11, 2016 8:41 pm

Ok, had a technical error in my last run of Pokemon X, so I'm restarting to properly record it all. I am currently on route 2 and simply training up the two Pokemon I have.

Milnas the Froakie: lvl 7
Bubble
Growl
Pound

Solilo the Pidgey: lvl 4
Tackle
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: HG/SS Nuzlocke Race!   HG/SS Nuzlocke Race! - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 4:36 pm

Haha I love how your Pidgey is named after me Draco |D

Anywho small update~

Since so many of us are struggling with the HG/SS nuzlockes or considering giving up, i've considered a little reward/motivation for finishing the game in it's entirety. HG/SS is really long, with two regions, two sets of e4 etc etc, and so anyone who actually manages to finish their nuzlocke i'll give a poke prize to :D

And to clarify. It doesn't matter what order you come in this supposed 'race' to finish the game. You just have to finish. It could be a week from now, or two months from now. Just let me know :3
(And some proof of completion like a screencap or picture wouldn't go amiss either and you can totes show off your final team at the same time ;D)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HG/SS Nuzlocke Race!   HG/SS Nuzlocke Race! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

HG/SS Nuzlocke Race!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next