Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Fire in the Fog

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Digizel

Digizel

Poké : 860

Fire in the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Fire in the Fog   Fire in the Fog EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 7:04 am

{Energy: 25 - 10 (entry) = 15}

"Ugh, I can't believe I'm here again. Why did I even come here? I've had nothing but terrible luck." the Charmander growled to himself as he slowly made his way through the thick fog that always seemed to cover this gloomy hill. It was always so difficult to see anything in this fog, which was only made worse by the fact that literally everything here looked exactly the same. You would be lucky to come across a misshapen stone resting around here somewhere to use as a landmark to figure out when exactly you completed that circle you probably started walking in. It was probably not such a big deal for a Pokémon who was particularly careful about planning their trip. But unfortunately for him, Hidon was definitely not one of those Pokémon.

Truth be told, the Charmander knew exactly why he was here. This place had been nothing but one disaster after another. He had been here twice before and both times it ended up defeating him somehow. On his first trip, he'd hoped to gather supplies and find himself a teammate. But he failed in that regard and walked back home relatively empty-handed. The second time, he had ended up getting caught in a trap set by that blasted Absol he hated so much and getting thrashed, resulting in him skulking home badly damaged. He counted himself lucky that he hadn't met any more feral threats on his way out, as he wouldn't have stood a chance in such condition.

He couldn't let this place beat him. This was considered around the Guild to be one of the easiest feral-infested places to traverse! He couldn't let this place kick him around so much. He had to conquer this dungeon...if only for the sake of his own pride. And so, he continued walking without looking back while holding his flame-lit tail out in front of him like a flashlight. His tail thankfully allowed him to see farther in this fog, increasing his range of vision. Unfortunately, though, it also came with a side-effect. It would more easily attract other Pokémon to his position like a beacon. But he was fine with that of course. After all...he wanted to beat some ferals while he was here and get stronger.

He still couldn't let Pilot get the better of him, could he?
Back to top Go down
http://pkmndn2.proboards.com/
MCLikeANinja

MCLikeANinja

Poké : 4490

Fire in the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire in the Fog   Fire in the Fog EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 6:20 am

Energy: 16 - 10 (entrance fee) = 6

Things couldn't have been more perfect for Cinder at the moment. She had a lot of berries earlier, the hill was coated in a pleasant and soothing fog, and it was a beautiful day. Most saw it different than the fox, viewing the hill as depressing and gloomy, but what made it that way other than the mist? Doesn't matter to me, all that mist's doing is hiding its treasure from me! To be honest, considering how I'm gonna be the best explorer one day, I wouldn't share my treasures with me either if I'm going to find them all! she thought with a cheerful expression.

After walking a bit more into the dense moisture-filled air, she could make out the glow of a flame. Hey, I think that might be another Fire type! Yeah, a long-lost and very distant cousin! she thought, creating an Ember to light the area around her. Unfortunately, however, this was not the time to create a projectile-based attack like this one. After a large buildup, Cinder sneezed and released the fireball into a hurtling burst directly in the direction of the source of the light. "Hey, heads up!"
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

Fire in the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire in the Fog   Fire in the Fog EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 7:29 pm

Hidon continued making his way through the thick fog of the Pricklemist Hill, looking around for any apparent sign of life. He turned to his right when he thought he saw something move. But when he didn't see anything, he dismissed it as his imagination getting the better of him. This place did give him the creeps a little bit, but it wasn't anything he couldn't handle. After all, he was the great Hidon, leader of Team Rising. He wasn't going to let himself get spooked again. Especially not by something that he couldn't even see. How embarrassing would that be? Besides, the last thing he needed was to give Pilot more ammunition to use against him if he ever found out. And somehow, that bird brain ALWAYS found out. He was just grateful that he hadn't yet found out about his humiliating defeat at the hands of that Cater-

"Wait, wha-?" he murmured when he heard somebody call out to him through the fog. He turned around to face the source of the voice. "Head's up for wh-?" he started, but quickly realized what they must be referring to. Even in the fog, he could see the glow of the flames coming. Unfortunately or him, by the time he'd seen it, it was too late. The fireball rushed through the air before colliding directly with the Fire-type's chest. "GAH!" he grunted, getting thrown cleanly off of his feet by the unexpected attack.

...Well...at least it was a Fire-type attack, so it didn't do much actual damage. But that didn't mean it didn't sting like hell.
Back to top Go down
MCLikeANinja

MCLikeANinja

Fire in the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire in the Fog   Fire in the Fog EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 10:47 pm

Energy: 6

The sound of flames connecting with an entity echoed through the quiet hill. Worried, Cinder kept a low stream of flames flowing as she approached what appeared to be a lizard with its tail on fire. "...Hey, I think I know what you are! A Charmander, right? Nice to meet you, it's Cinder!" she said with a cheerful expression. "Sorry about the whole Ember attack thing, allergies." The fox sat down and rubbed her nose, cracking a huge smile from her blunder. Thankfully, the Fire type had struck someone who was resistant to the attack and didn't seem to have caused any serious injuries. Then again, how would he react to being shot with a searing fireball, regardless if it did a significant amount of damage or not?

Hmm... He looks pretty strong, I guess. I wonder if he can spar, though... Might be pretty fun! Though I might want to wait a little bit on that. Maybe he'll ask me first? I dunno! she thought with a shrug. The Vulpix was then questioning why this Charmander was even here. "So, what brings you around here? Training, exploring, business trip, mission?" With this said, she offered her paw to help him up; asking him questions after knocking him down sounds too much like an interrogation rather than a conversation.
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

Fire in the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire in the Fog   Fire in the Fog EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 6:43 pm

Hidon had a whirlwind of thoughts flying through his head. Who shot him? Why did they shoot him? How strong were they? How was he going to get them back for shooting him in the chest? Could he get away with just fighting with them? After all, he couldn't let them get away with blasting flames against him for nothing, could he? Then again, if he DID let them get away with it, it would make it seem like it was no big deal, wouldn't it? Wouldn't that make it seem like he was actually so much tougher than them if their attack did just about nothing to him? He couldn't help but grin slightly at the thought. Yeah...yeah, that made sense to him. All he had to do was act like it was nothing and he'd appear way cooler than he would if he flat-out punched them back. Plus, it would be more heroic that way too.

When Cinder's voice shattered the silence, Hidon looked up. It would appear that his attacker was a Vulpix, a Pokémon he was relatively sure wasn't from around here. So it would seem that his attacker had been another regular Pokémon rather than a feral one after all. Though it did bother him that she first attempted to decipher his species' identity and introduce herself before letting out an apology. And that cheerful gaze she gave him...she didn't seem truly apologetic at all, honestly. He nearly growled at the thought, as he was still grumpy from getting searing flames shot up against his chest, but he stopped it before it could become audible.

And then from there, she merely went on to ask why he was here in the first place. He wasn't even back on his feet yet! What was this, an interrogation?

Hidon grumbled and ignored the paw she offered and began to push himself up. "Thanks, but I don't need the help," he replied. Once he was back on his feet, he began to dust himself off. "Besides, it doesn't matter. It's not like that Ember attack actually did any damage." Once he was done brushing the dirt off of himself he allowed a smirk to cross his face. "You should probably work on that, Cinder. Now, if you must know...." His smirk shifted into a grin as he turned to face her and put his claws at his waist, puffed out his chest with pride, and struck a pose. "I'm Hidon, the leader of Team Rising. And I'm out here for training purposes. Always looking to get stronger, y'know? Reach new heights."

...Hopefully he sounded as amazing as he thought he did.
Back to top Go down
MCLikeANinja

MCLikeANinja

Fire in the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire in the Fog   Fire in the Fog EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 2:44 am

Energy: 6

Though a bit disappointing when Hidon rejected her offer to help him up, Cinder did her best to just smile and continue on. When the Charmander mentioned his team, her heart sank just a tiny bit. Aw, I guess he already has a team... Eh, who cares? I'll still stick around here; nothing's gonna keep me down today! she thought cheerfully. "Wow, a real team leader! You sound like a really strong Pokémon! Say... If you're a Fire type, do you mind sparring with me and showing me some of your moves? I think that you might be more experienced with using fire attacks anyways." she asked.

Of course, what if she ended up beating him? The fox was a decent fighter herself, but she was almost sure that Hidon would kick her tails when it came down to it. "Uh... If you want to, of course. If you're busy or anything, I understand. But if you can spar with me, will you?" Cinder asked with an expecting look. Besides, if anything, both of them got what they wanted; Hidon received some training, and the Vulpix could see how well she was using her attacks. "Though I will warn you: I won't hold back!"

MCLikeANinja carried out 6 launched of one Pricklemist Hill :
Fire in the Fog VAI8VtI , Fire in the Fog SZ2M0hY , Fire in the Fog MMgUbQF , Fire in the Fog MMgUbQF , Fire in the Fog AZTkyVm , Fire in the Fog YRyO4jt
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

Fire in the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire in the Fog   Fire in the Fog EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 5:56 pm

Hidon could practically feel himself swelling as the compliments rolled off of Cinder's tongue. 'I can't believe how much she's already looking up to me!' he thought to himself. He had only told her that he was a team leader and she was already calling him really strong and experienced! Of course, he had no intention of letting her know that their team hadn't even taken on their first mission yet. They had it planned out and scheduled, but it wasn't yet time. That's what he was currently training and preparing for, after all. He had to be ready for their expedition.

"Heheh...well...I don't know, I wouldn't want to hurt you too badly or anything," came Hidon's response. "'Cause I take all of my fights seriously. I don't hold back on anyone since I consider it an insult if somebody feels the need to take it easy on me..." It wasn't the complete truth, but at least it wasn't a complete lie either. He did take all of his fights seriously, of course. But that didn't mean that he didn't hold back for the sake of showing off. But, again...that was something that this Vulpix didn't need to know about him, right?

The Charmander met Cinder's gaze and studied her for a moment. She seemed like she might be a worthwhile opponent at least. Plus, he couldn't remember ever fighting against a fellow Fire-type before. It could be pretty fun to have a fire duel. And she did seem awfully eager to spar with him. He certainly wouldn't want to let a fan down, would he? He finally closed his eyes, folded his arms across his chest and let out a chuckle. "...Alright, Cinder. I am here to train in the first place, so there's little point in me turning down a challenge that could prove surprisingly fruitful. So sure. I'll spar with you as many times as you like and for as long as you like." He then opened his eyes and flashed her a grin. "As long as you can handle that. Any particular rules for this sparring match? Like...how would you like to determine a winner? I normally go by a five-second pin rule, but...whatever you want."
Back to top Go down
MCLikeANinja

MCLikeANinja

Fire in the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire in the Fog   Fire in the Fog EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 4:59 am

Energy: 6 - 10 (rolls' results) = 0

At Hidon's response, she flashed him a huge grin in excitement. She was going to be able to train with an actual team leader! "Pin rule? That sounds really confusing. How about when one of us gives up? If one of us says the words 'I give up', then the other wins. And since it's whatever I want, then I guess that's how it'll go!" Cinder exclaimed, backing up to allow some starting range between them. "Better think fast, because we start in... Now!" With this said, she got into a battle position and looked him dead in the eyes with an intent to absolutely decimate him in the sparring session.

Wasting no more words on him, she quickly used a new move that she'd been working on: Dark Pulse. The area around her slightly darkened before releasing a murky shockwave through the air, headed directly towards Hidon. The attack wasn't as strong as it could be seeing as she wasn't thinking of any thoughts that were too dark, but it would do for a mere practice battle.
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

Fire in the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire in the Fog   Fire in the Fog EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 10:21 pm

"Confusing?" Hidon repeated, tilting his head slightly. He never thought so, but he supposed that it was a bit on the abnormal side. "Well, I guess the old-fashioned giving up works too," he replied, crossing his arms. "Usually I don't do that 'cause I like opponents who never give up, but...if that's how you want to play it...." Of course, every second the Charmander was spending talking, the farther back Cinder was already moving. What he wasn't aware of was that the Vulpix was probably not even paying any attention to what he was saying anymore. In fact, his train of thought was broken completely a moment later, when Cinder began to talk once more.

'Think...fast...?' Hidon thought to himself, slightly confused, before he looked over at the Vulpix again. What he saw took him completely by surprise. Gone was the happy-go-lucky vulpine Pokémon looking for a fun sparring match. In her place was a Vulpix that looked ready to tear him limb from limb. Of course, he knew that she probably didn't intend to cause any real harm...but he still couldn't help but find that look slightly intimidating. And that feeling only deepened when the area around her began to dim, as though the very essence of light itself was giving way to some kind of darker nature. A moment later, a burst of darkness rushed forth from her, heading straight for him!

As unprepared as the Charmander was for the start of the fight, he had no chance to evade the attack. The Dark Pulse slammed itself mightily up against his chest, scoring a direct hit! "Gah...!" he cried as the attack blasted him backward. He stumbled, very nearly losing his footing and falling over. Thankfully, however, he was able to stay up...due in part to the fact that the Dark Pulse was not at its strongest. He growled slightly and rubbed is chest where the blast had struck him.

"Grr...alright, you wanna play it that way? I'll show you what a real attack feels like!" he growled at Cinder. And then, without another moment's hesitation, he pulled his head back, readying his inner flames. He then thrust his head forward, unleashing a barrage of miniature fireballs toward the Vulpix, attempting to blast her head-on with his Ember attack.
Back to top Go down
MCLikeANinja

MCLikeANinja

Fire in the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire in the Fog   Fire in the Fog EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 4:33 am

Energy: 0 + 20 (2 X Oran Berry used) = 20

Cinder couldn't help but snicker like a schoolgirl when Hidon released his Ember attacks. Knowing all too well what her ability allows her to do, she stayed put and allowed each Ember to harmlessly dissipate as it touched her body. "Do you really call that fire? Wow. Kinda wimpy, if you ask me. You're welcome to try again, though!" the fox taunted with a smug look; fighting a Pokémon who had no idea what she was capable of was the best! "If anything, Hidon, that would make this sting a heck of a lot more than yours!"

Along with the boost from her Flash Fire ability, the Vulpix began to build up a pressured blast of flames. Having allowed her body to gain power from the failed Ember, the range slightly wider and more powerful than usual. Even Cinder herself was a bit surprised at how well it had been executed. Feeling satisfied with the result, she hurriedly ran over to a bush and pulled off two Oran Berries with her teeth.  Seeing as the attack left her a bit drained, eating at least one berry was enough to pick her right back up again, raring and ready to go. "Pretty cool, huh?" she stated, still chewing on the somewhat soft blue berries. "Takes a lot of energy, but it really pays off when it does that!"
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

Fire in the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire in the Fog   Fire in the Fog EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 6:32 pm

Hidon smirked as he saw that Cinder wasn't even making an attempt at avoiding his attack. He supposed that she was rather confident that it wouldn't hurt her, just because she resisted the attack. Ha! He couldn't wait to see the look on that Vulpix's face when she got...hit? Wait...those fireballs had just collided with her body, but there...there was no reaction! His eyes widened in surprise. H-how could that be? He knew that, as a Fire-type, she would take less damage than usual, but how could she have not felt ANYTHING from that attack...? That didn't make any sense! But of course, Cinder's taunts were quick to follow his thoughts. His smirk quickly fell into a scowl and he let out a low growl of frustration. "W-Wimpy!?" he shot back at Cinder. "Fine, then why don't you show me what you can do!?"

As it turned out, he got his wish. And he was filled with instant regret.

His jaw fell and his eyes widened in shock as he realized what attack the Vulpix was unleashing at him. He had seen a Fire Blast utilized before...but not one this big from such a small Pokémon. Unfortunately, by the time he snapped out of his little trance, it was too late. The attack was already upon him. In a last-ditch, desperate attempt to protect himself, he raised is arms against the incoming flames, trying to brace himself against them. However, the Fire Blast was much too powerful. His defenses were overcome almost instantaneously and he was engulfed in the powerful flames.

"GRAH!" he cried aloud in pain, getting carried backward by the powerful attack and only falling to the ground once it disappeared. He tumbled on the ground for a few seconds before finally coming to a stop on his back, sliding a few more inches. "Urngh...." he groaned. "Y...yeah. Pretty cool, I guess...."

Of course, he had no intention of just rolling over. Not so quickly...and due to a Fire-type attack at that! He pushed himself back onto his feet, glaring at Cinder. "Huff...huff..." he breathed, still trying to completely recover from that last attack. "But I've seen better."
Back to top Go down
MCLikeANinja

MCLikeANinja

Fire in the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire in the Fog   Fire in the Fog EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 4:38 am

Energy: 20

The fact that Hidon was so overconfident before her Fire Blast brought a mischievous grin to her face. Battling him would be fun, team leader or not! "Aw, what's wrong, Charmander? Can't take the heat? Don't worry, you won't have to for long!" she boasted, preparing her Energy Ball attack. Though being a Grass type move and thus wouldn't be very effective, she still preferred the fact that it allowed for some variation and showboating of her moveset. It could have been an even worse choice with Will-o-Wisp: it would do literally nothing considering Hidon was immune to burns.

"Here goes nothing! See you after you faint!" the vulpine Pokémon teased, firing the green sphere of energy as accurate as she could towards Hidon. Of course, having to use so many attacks in rapid succession, she could feel fatigue slowly taking its toll on her. Cinder decided to ignore it and hope that she was able to pull through.
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

Fire in the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire in the Fog   Fire in the Fog EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 7:51 am

Hidon shook himself, finally finding a peaceful moment to allow his body to recover from the Fire Blast. Thankfully, his opponent had taken the time to start talking down to him. Normally, that would tick him off, but here, he was just grateful that she wasn't pressing the attack so soon. He may have resisted the damage, but it had still done plenty to hurt him. That attack was extremely powerful, and he doubted that he would be able to take another one. He had to keep his eyes open for another attack like that. His opponent seemed to be taking her time for now. Unfortunately, however, he did not remain so lucky for long.

Before he could finally sneak in a retort to the Vulpix's boasts, she had already announced her next attack. He looked back at her and saw the green orb get launched straight toward him. His eyes widened and he stumbled backward in surprise. Unfortunately, the attack was already too close to him to evade, so he had to think quickly. He immediately began to rush forward himself, meeting the attack head on. As he charged, however, flames flickered to life around his body and he attempted to slam against the Grass-type attack with his Flame Charge.

Thankfully, the Grass-type attack did not hold up very well to his Fire-type counter. He managed to blast through it all the same, though he still felt plenty of the damage that it had to offer. However, he was able to shrug it off and continue his charge, hoping to slam his shoulder into Cinder's chest, still utilizing his Flame Charge. The strength behind it would be weakened from the collision with the Energy Ball, but that was the last thing on the Charmander's mind at the moment....
Back to top Go down
MCLikeANinja

MCLikeANinja

Fire in the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire in the Fog   Fire in the Fog EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 7:04 am

Energy: 20

The fox Pokémon couldn't help but snort at Hidon's attempt to strike her with Flame Charge. If one Fire type attack didn't work, why would two have any effect at all? "That tickles, Hidon! Seriously, stop it!" Cinder taunted with a sly grin. Though her ability wouldn't boost her abilities even more from taking another attack, she still had an immunity that granted her strengthened resistance to fire. After a few more seconds of chuckling, the Vulpix shook her head and charged up another Dark Pulse, even weaker than the first due to her lack of focus. "Are you trying at all? The most that did was mess up my bangs, Hidon!

Though hesitant, Cinder released the Dark Pulse in a similar way as before. Her attack pattern was getting quite predictable, but so long as Hidon didn't try another type of move, she would have a relatively easy time defeating him. Is this what every guild member fights like? Huh. I might have overestimated them then; reminds me of that one time I decided to practice Ember on a small patch of flowers.
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

Fire in the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire in the Fog   Fire in the Fog EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 9:44 pm

Hidon felt himself collide with his opponent, his Flame Charge working like a charm! ...Or at least, so it seemed until he realized something. The flames that had come to life around him almost looked like they had been...absorbed into the Vulpix's body somehow. And to top it all off, Cinder even began to laugh and taunt him even more. His eyes widened and he took a hesitant step away from her. What was going on? Was she...absorbing his attacks or something? But how? It's not possible for his attacks to do so little to somebody that they can just shake it off or completely absorb it, right...? So then...how...?

Hidon was so lost in his thoughts, trying to work out the solution to this simple puzzle, he didn't even notice the attack forming and launching from his foe. When he finally realized that a blast of dark energy was rushing his way, it was too late to dodge. So instead, he brought his leg back, stabilizing his stance a bit better, and crossed his arms in front of him, allowing them to take the brunt of the damage instead of his body. He let out a grunt from the impact, but thankfully, it wasn't very strong. It seemed like she wasn't all that strong either...but he was at least FEELING her attacks. Why didn't she ultimately take damage from his...?

"Is that the best you've got...!?" he growled at his opponent, trying to sound more confident than he felt. But he couldn't keep his tone from betraying him, revealing the hint of doubt that was starting to cloud the back of his mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fire in the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire in the Fog   Fire in the Fog Empty

Back to top Go down

Fire in the Fog
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next