Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Adopting Kurai the Eevee

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Poké : 9495

Adopting Kurai the Eevee Empty
PostSubject: Adopting Kurai the Eevee   Adopting Kurai the Eevee EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 10:03 pm

» Name: Kurai
» Gender: Male
» Species: #133, Eevee, the Evolution Pokemon
» Affiliation/Rank: Wanderer

» Why do you want to adopt them?: Despite the bad grammar that looks like it may have been put through Google Translate, I like this character's history.  The nomadic nature of the character also gives more options of where to go with him.  The personality isn't too complex and the background is fairly vague aside from "nomad," not even the names of his parents are given, it gives me a lot to take artistic liberties on and really put my own touch on the character.  Given I have plenty of experience roleplaying characters with some extent of antisocial traits, explorers and characters that fall under the "good" area of morality, I would have no trouble playing him correctly.  I've also learned quite well how to make a weak character a badass while still being fair and balanced in roleplaying, which I feel is something important to mention considering the emphasis the original creator of this character put on his skills, such as survival and fighting, which is difficult to roleplay in something as physically weak as a level 5 eevee while not godmodding.  And of course, I love badasses.

Now, onto less asthetic/characteristic reasons, I also feel this character deserves some justice done to him after his original roleplayer.  I feel like most people would be uninterested in this character due to the stereotypicalness in many of his traits and the horrible presentation of the bio, and most who would still want him probably wouldn't be able to do him any justice due to the complexity of playing a character who is shy, kind, weak (by species) and talented in fighting all at the same.  Even then, most would probably just stick to the bit of rather bland personality the character currently has instead of trying to elaborate on it and making him more interesting.

Last but not least (okay, maybe least,) if I adopt this character, it opens up an Eevee character slot so someone can make an Eevee of their own instead of having to adopt, which means more of those adorable fluffballs on the site.

» Sample of roleplay: (I've decided to base my sample off Kurai's history, to show I understand and am capable of playing the character correctly.)

Black.... for quite some time, then a bit of pain.  Kurai opened his eyes with a slightly hazy recent memory and similar haziness in his eyesight.  He had a bit of a headache and a pain in his side, but wasn't really sure where either had come from.  He tried to remember what'd happened, why he had apparently passed out, but was drawing blanks for the time-being, so he then looked to the situation he was in to explain the situation for him.  It seemed he was in a cave, though it was hard to tell due to the low light, which his eyes hadn't yet fully adjusted to.  He then looked to his own body, a headache and a pain in his side.... which meant he'd probably been hit in the side by something and fallen down, hitting his head.  That explained why he was having trouble remem-

His parents!  "Mom, dad?," he called out as quietly and softly as he could while still being audible, being careful of any possible hostiles in the area who would be attracted by a frantic, loud call.
He'd been exploring this cave with his parents, there.... there'd been an earthquake, it'd collapsed some of the cave!  Where were his parents, were they okay!?  As his memory returned to him, he began to recall more and more of what'd happened.  His mother had pushed him out of the way of some collapsing rocks, hence the pain and headache. but he couldn't quite recall anything after that.  Maybe that had been when he'd passed out?  Regardless, he was awake now and he needed to find his parents, and the way out.

The eevee pulled himself up to his paws, but fell against.... something next to him on his right side as he realized he had more than just a headache, he was also dizzy.  His eyes were beginning to adjust to the darkness, he could see that he was currently leaning on a wall of the cave, which must have been what he'd hit his head on.  Speaking of his head, as his awareness and bodily functionality returned to him, he began to feel a stinging pain on the right side of his head near his ear, and something warm.  He pressed his left paw against the stinging area of his head and felt.... something wet and warm.  It took him a moment to realize the gravity of the situation he was in, but when he did, he began to panic.

No parents, an injury of undetermined severity, lost in an uncharted cavern.... this was very bad.  His breathing began to shake and lost its rhythm as worry overcame him, only worsening his dizziness.  He knew he needed to stay calm, but this wasn't a situation he'd ever had to deal with!  No.... no, he could do this, he took a slow, calming breath and held it for a moment before breathing out.  "Okay, focus," he muttered to himself as he looked around the area he was currently in.
There were a few options on where to go, but the way he recalled as being the way out, where he'd come in from, didn't seem to be there anymore.... oh no, it was blocked!  His parents, where were they, were they.... gone?  No no no no, he forced such thoughts out of his head and turned away from the blocked pathway to go deeper into the cave, there had to be another way out.... he hoped.

After a while of just walking down a straight tunnel, Kurai's spirit was beginning to falter, he was doubting he would ever make it out, and what was more, he was doubting his parents had made it out.  His headache was getting worse and he found it increasingly difficult to walk without leaning against a wall, but he persevered, doing his best not to think about anything but finding his parents and getting out.  Oddly, he hadn't come across any living - or dead - things so far, which was odd.  Come to think of it, he didn't recall coming across anything on the way into the cave either.  Maybe this place was a death trap, which would explain why it was uncharted and there were no apparent inhabitants.  Then, as if he'd jinxed himself, something came into view ahead.  A large, yellow spider on the ceiling of the cave; a galvantula.

The eevee immediately ducked behind a large rock near him as he spotted the large spider guarding the path, managing not to get spotted.  Thinking quick, he then swatted at a nearby smaller, lighter rock with his paw and knocked it into a far wall behind him, where he'd come from to attract the attention of the predator.  Sure enough, it immediately began crawling across to the ceiling toward him, unaware of his presence.  He carefully walked around the rock as the spider passed by him, keeping as low to the ground as he could to avoid detection as it passed by him to go investigate the sound.  When it was far enough away, he got up and began walking as quietly as he could, hoping to get by it.  It seemed like it was working, too, until he heard a hissing sound to signal the beast had spotted him.

Without even turning around, Kurai immediately bolted through the cave as fast as he could manage, hearing the galvantula chasing behind him.  He passed by a few branching pathways in the cave as he ran, not wanting to bother slowing down to turn off his straight path.  However, when he spotted a much smaller opening than the others to his right, one that looked like the spider wouldn't be able to fit through it, he immediately stopped and turned toward it.  It was slightly tight fit and it had a bit of an upward slant to it, but he made his way through it alright.  He could hear the electric spider collide with the small opening behind him as it tried and failed to get through.

This little tunnel seemed to go on for a very long, with Kurai being stuck crawling through it for a good ten straight minutes, but it eventually led back to the main cave.  What was more, it opened up right near the entrance!  At first, he was happy, then he realized.... his parents.... they weren't there.  He looked back into the cave, then decided to wait there for a bit, so he did.  After a while of nothing happening, the little eevee grew worried, even sad.... he tried to think back to the events that'd led up to this situation to see if he could figure out where his parents would have gone, with no luck.  But one thing he did remember - very vaguely - was their voices as he'd passed out.  He couldn't remember what they said, but he knew that meant they were alive.  However, he guessed that if they were alive and didn't stay with him, that meant they'd been separated, probably by the cave-in, so they probably tried to look for him, then left, thinking he'd already left too.

He could see that it was dark now, and he recalled it being daytime out before he'd been knocked unconscious.... so.... yes, he'd been here a while.  Kurai then decided for sure that his parents were fine and were looking for him as well probably having already left under the assumption he'd left too.  With that in mind, he left in a much better mood.

» Link to the original bio: https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org/t4426-kurai-the-eevee
» Levels of existing characters:  Sova the Glaceon - Level 59, Skylar the Vaporeon - Level 8, Keith the Jolteon - Level 7, Dusk the Umbreon - Level 8, Velikye the Shiny Eevee - Level 6, Krikka the Shiny Eevee - Level 6,  Ivirar the Eevee - Level 5, Uthinare the Eevee - Level 5, Firseir the Zorua - Level 5.
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

Poké : 1760

Adopting Kurai the Eevee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adopting Kurai the Eevee   Adopting Kurai the Eevee EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 10:52 pm

-Accepted-

Please update your records accordingly.
Back to top Go down

Adopting Kurai the Eevee
Page 1 of 1