Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Adopting Astrid the Dratini

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FoxFireAlchemist
Moderator and Dark Ducklett Priestess
FoxFireAlchemist

Poké : 5045

Adopting Astrid the Dratini Empty
PostSubject: Adopting Astrid the Dratini   Adopting Astrid the Dratini EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:38 am

» Name: Astrid (Astir)
» Gender: Male
» Species: Dratini #147, Dragon Pokemon
» Affiliation/Rank: None

» Why do you want to adopt them?:
-Though slightly bland at first glance, I think Astrid has a lot of regular potential... especially since he was thrown of a cliff. All jest aside, though, I believe I can work with the character from where his last RPer left off. I plan to have him lose his memories after he falls off of the cliff in the thread with Acro, retaining only two vague memories of his name (which he can't remember fully and mispronounces as "Astir") and his fall from the cliff (not how he fell, just falling). He retains all normal functions, though his vocabulary is limited and his speech will suffer a bit until he gets back into practice and re-learns pronunciations. The part of Astrid/Astir's brain that holds his long-term memory took the brunt of the damage, so it naturally suffered the most trauma. Astrid/Astir's personality isn't a total blank after his loss of memories, however, as he draws overconfidence and pride from surviving the fall and also regains a sense of recklessness due to this overconfidence. He is perhaps even more reckless now than he was before. I plan to build off of these base character traits through RP, sending him on a journey of personal Renaissance.

-I wasn't a huge fan of Astrid's original personality at first, although there were traits of his that I absolutely loved. His recklessness, for example, was something I absolutely loved about him. Combined with his joyful nature, this character had the makings for a very enthusiastic guild member. I felt, however, that his original fragile and perfectionist trait was very contradictory to this wonderful trait, and in a massively bad way. I personally think a character who is constantly trying to be perfect is LESS likely to take risks, because risks involve a high chance of failure, and that would deter a pokemon striving for perfection. I also felt that the perfectionist trait was also in contradiction to his laid-back and cheerful upbringing, although not quite to the same scale. It is never explained or even loosely justified by his history, which, though short, is a core element of his bio. It justifies all other aspects of his bio, save for maybe the tacked-on dislikes, except for the perfectionism in his personality. With this memory loss idea, I'd like to move away from the aspects of Astrid/Astir's bio that are extraneous and even seemingly irrelevant through RP and focus on those core ideas that make Astrid/Astir a truly appealing character. I plan on working with the same traits that really made Astrid/Astir what he is, that made him energetic and fun -the complimentary duo of his joy and recklessness- from a different angle that's more beneficial to him as a developing character. I feel that without the contradictions and the cumbersome weight of traits that honestly don't fit him crippling his personality and development, Astrid/Astir is sure to blossom into a strong character with a spectacular personality. I am very eager to put my words into action and do my very very best to give him a more suitable development so Astrid/Astir can be the character he deserves to be.

» Sample of roleplay:
(Continued canonically from the topic A Day of Reunions, which took place in Black Mist Mountain. The time is now approximately 3 days later, the setting is now a river bank just beyond the foot of the Frozen Stream where the wintry water becomes calmer and warmer as it enters the milder climates and nears Grassveil Town.)

The limp, serpentine body had been traveling unconsciously for days now, completely at the river's mercy as the water's ebb and flow carried it along. First the Pokemon had been flung off a cliff and into the water, then bashed against a rock and battered and bruised while unconscious by the rapids. As the first day came to a close and the first night swallowed the landscape, it had been carried a moderate distance away from the mountain where it had started. The body was steered off into a branch of the river that fed into the Frozen Stream a few hours after the dawn of the second day, and had continued to travel under the ice for two more days and two more nights. Now, just a few hours before noon on the third day, the body finally came to rest on a marshy riverbank several miles away from Grassveil Town. The body was gently guided into a bed of tall grass and came to rest there, caught in the gentle embrace of the plant life. A lone piece of cloth, a Blue Ribbon, fell off the body and floated down the river -never to be seen again- as the body rested in the grass.
About an hour later, the light blue body began to twitch gently. The pokemon, a male Dratini, shook his head slowly and tried to force his fluttering eyelids open. Blinding sunlight pierced the fading blackness of unconsciousness and greeted his eyes as they begrudgingly inched open. His head throbbed a dull aching that got sharper and shaped the more he woke up. He squeezed his eyes shut and let out a soft groan; unable to think about anything but the pain going through his aching flesh and muscles.
The Dratini would have been content to lay there in the water a little longer, but the grass supporting him begged to differ. He felt himself began to slip as the grass bent and collapsed beneath him. His body sent him a natural jolt of panic that woke him right up. He instinctively began to swim against the gentle current that was pushing him, but his muscles tensed and ached in rebellion and he hardly lasted even a few seconds before becoming incredibly tired. The Dratini pushed himself towards the shore and slid onto the soft, muddy bank, panting heavily. He flopped down onto the ground and tried to catch his breath. He felt his eyelids getting heavier. In his weakened state, he was powerless to fight his drowsiness and rather quickly fell back into a deep slumber.
When the male Dratini awoke once more, it was later that same afternoon. With a huge yawn, he pulled himself up off the ground, finding that his body was no longer hurting like it had before. His head had ceased it's pounding as well, leaving behind only a dull shadow of the once intense pain. He looked around at the landscape; mostly flat and grassy with a thin amount of trees that  slowly grew more dense the farther away they got from the riverbed. The Dratini glazed over the scenery, making half-hearted mental notes before retreating into his mind to try and retrieve whatever purpose he had for being there. He turned up nothing but blanks.
The Dratini's heart skipped a beat nervously as he tried again to retrieve some memory of why he was here. Some speck of purpose. Was he even supposed to be here? Why had he woken up in a river? The Dratini tried to think of things that might jog his memory; places he might have been before this, things he might have done... but nothing. Nothing but fuzz. He really tried to dig deep for even the slightest flicker of memory, but it only made his brain hurt worse. The Dratini was frozen in his place for quite a while just trying to draw some kind of memory from his head: seconds turning to minutes and minutes turning to yet another hour. At that point, the Dratini slumped back onto his stomach, tired and defeated. Clearly he was getting nowhere with this; he needed a break.
As the Dratini lay bleakly in the grass, feeling his tired brain throbbing dully once again, he began to become overwhelmed by his inability to recall anything. He felt sad and even scared, but what was to be done about lost memories? He began to wonder if he had even lost anything worth losing. He certainly couldn't remember if he did or not, and even if he had... would it do him any good to get them back? Sure, he could go looking for traces or people who knew him... but would he even find them? How much time would he waste looking for something he could never really have back; something that wasn't even part of him anymore, literally.
The Dratini felt oddly comforted by these thoughts, but the tension in his chest didn't fully relax. Sometimes a clean slate was a very troubling thing; where was he supposed to start? What should he do? He had no memories to work off of, kind of an unfortunate hindrance when trying to figure out what he was, and what he had the ability to be.
"Please... just a starting place. Just something to hold onto. That's all I need; just a few memories to help guide me..." the Dratini thought to himself, closing his eyes and beginning to space out. He began to wonder about what he had called himself, something he had liked doing...  As his mind drifted into a misty standstill, something started feeling very familiar to the Dratini. His heart lept into his chest as something started to bubble up in his mind, triggered by thinking about his name. Syllables floated around in his mind, dislocated and jumbled. As.... str.... astd...... Astr......? As-ter?!? Was that the name? It sounded familiar enough; familiar enough for the Dratini to accept it. He felt like there had at least been one "i" and a "t"..... Yeah, that had been it. His name had been Astir, or at least it was now.
Recalling his name made another something familiar pop into his head; this time an entire image flashed into his head. It was clear at first flash, but it quickly became grey and fuzzy. It was enough to get Astir's heart racing again, this time because he recognized the fuzzy image (at least, he felt like he did.). It was a mountain, a dark mountain that towered into the sky... The image was close to it, but looking up towards the sky. It was an odd angle... but as Astir thought about it more, he realized it wasn't the view someone would see just standing at the bottom of a mountain. Astir's stomach began to turn as he began to experience a strange ghost of a feeling... a feeling of falling. Of moving through the air. For a brief moment, Astir was able to see and nearly feel himself falling down a mountain and into a river... before the moving image ceased into nothing but blank whiteness.
Astir's eyes snapped open, his head jolting up off of the ground. He had fallen from a mountain?!? Had he really?!? Could he have fallen from a mountain that high... and lived?! When he tried to recall the memory, it was mostly gone; the images fading fast into a unclear, dark, jumbled-up mess. However, the feeling of falling remained with him. Falling through the air, plummeting to an unforgiving doom... It got Astir's heart really racing. He was excited; exhilarated by the feeling that he clung so tightly to. It was amazing!! He had fallen from a mountain... and lived!! Astir's face broke into a grin, his heart racing along with the rush. Clearly, he was a pokemon capable of some rather serious feats if not even nature could kill him. He had somehow defied a watery mountain grave... If he could do that, what couldn't he do?!
Astir smiled brightly. Suddenly, his whole world had brightened up considerably. He was clearly capable of some pretty mind-boggling things; perhaps he was indestructible! Well, maybe not indestructible. Astir doubted that a bit as he recalled the pain he had been feeling earlier. But still! He had lived through something extremely life-threatening; obviously he was well-suited for danger as he was. If he was this good already, just how good could he become? It was almost scary to think about, and Astir loved it!! If he could beat the danger, what was stopping him from BECOMING the danger? To danger?!? Astir smirked heavily as he thought about danger physically cowering at his name, bowing at his tail and begging him for mercy.
With a new ambition ignited, Astir couldn't stand to just sit around and think any longer. It was time to go find some danger! Time to start learning! Out of the corner of his eye, Astir caught a glimpse of an apple and an Oran Berry on the river bank. He promptly slithered over to them and gathered them up. He was hungry, considering he hadn't had a meal in three days, but he wasn't ready to eat yet. He just couldn't get down from the high; he was just so ready to get out there! To start doing! Something!
On that note, Astir slithered away from the river and towards the trees, towards what to him was a big unknown. He was eager in his advance, however; he didn't want to lose the feeling of hope he had right now, the feeling of having direction pointing towards his endless possibilities. The Dratini disappeared into the trees, off to fight danger and gather up all kinds of new discoveries.
» Link to the original bio:https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org/t117-up-for-adoption-astrid-the-dratini
» Levels of existing characters: 11, 6, 5, 5, 5

Last edited by FoxFireAlchemist on Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

Poké : 1760

Adopting Astrid the Dratini Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adopting Astrid the Dratini   Adopting Astrid the Dratini EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 6:20 am

-Accepted-
Adopting Astrid the Dratini R6BGP6B
Back to top Go down

Adopting Astrid the Dratini
Page 1 of 1