Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Shrine of the Fallen Riddle

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Savato

Savato

Poké : 380

Shrine of the Fallen Riddle Empty
PostSubject: Shrine of the Fallen Riddle   Shrine of the Fallen Riddle EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 11:24 pm

This was it.
Now the trio had finally reached the shrine hidden deep within the Fallen Leaf Copse.
But would they be able to solve its mysteries or would it just remain another slab of stone for them, their exploration in vain?
All this would be decided now.
Slowly the Gengar approached the shrine, inspecting it closely.
There seemed to be odd lettering on it, but it was a bit hard to discern.
On top of the shrine seemed to be a primitive candle, which obviously seemed to hold some importance. But what was it?
"I think I recognize this language from somewhere...", the Gengar mumbled, trying to remember where from.
"Maybe I have read about it some time ago. But it's all difficult to remember. Why don't you two try and light that candle up there while I try to decipher this? It may take a while and even if the candle isn't related to this it'll at least help with reading this."
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

Poké : 2445

PostSubject: Re: Shrine of the Fallen Riddle   Shrine of the Fallen Riddle EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 2:01 am

Sosio heeded without even hearing William finish his statement. Using a swift ember, the Fletchinder lit the candle, the light shining around them as the sun began to set, being easily blocked out by the trees now that it was lower than the clearing. The bird couldn't help but notice the ashes already surrounding it, as if someone tried burning something in the candle.

"Hey, get a load of these ashes and smoke. Looks like some squish-head was burning leaves. Were they trying to burn the forest one leaf at a time or something?"

She then looked to the vertical stone, on which strange engravings were.
"Hey, I think I've seen those before. That first symbol--is that a 'B' or a 'G'?"
It had the tails on the top and bottom of the two stacked circles, just as a "G" would look, but it hovered at the same height as a "B" would. She learned about the writing, and the letters' names long ago from her adoptive Venosaur family, but never really got past 10 letters as she always mixed them up, and eventually gave up. Hopefully the Gengar or Servine knew better than her.
Back to top Go down
MoonDust

MoonDust

Poké : 1120

PostSubject: Re: Shrine of the Fallen Riddle   Shrine of the Fallen Riddle EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 3:27 pm

"I'm not really sure, Sosio. I've studied that writing a little myself and I'm not too sure." Serena said. Watching William inspect the writing closely, the Servine checked her surroundings. The place looked a little darker and drearier than the rest of the dungeon. 'Ah, well..... Guess that's the environment of such a shrine....' She thought with a shrug. The place wasn't all that bad, minus the dreariness.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Shrine of the Fallen Riddle   Shrine of the Fallen Riddle EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 3:38 pm

Using the light of the candle to help him inspect the symbols, William at first found himself confused.
"Sorry to disappoint you guys, but it seems that all of this is just random gibberish...unless..."
The Gengar fell silent for some more time, again closely inspecting the odd symbols on the withered stone surface.
"I don't know why anyone would write like that, on a shrine especially, but it seems that the letters of the words have been scrambled...give me a minute."
Using a stick he found lying around, the Ghost type began to draw seemingly random groups of letters in the ground, growing increasingly annoyed as some of the letters seemed to refuse to form words.
Finally however he found himself finished, inspecting the writing he had deciphered.
"Okay, I think I've got it. This thing reads: Burn the leaves of fallen warriors to recieve their strength. Blue, Purple, White, Two, Three, Two, One, One. Do either of you have some idea what that could mean?"
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

PostSubject: Re: Shrine of the Fallen Riddle   Shrine of the Fallen Riddle EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 3:50 pm

Sosio peered curiously over William's shoulder when he said it was gibberish. Taking a quick time to read the first set of symbols, consisting to four, she agreed.

"I think that first word says 'brun'. Funny, it kind of sounds like 'burn'. Whoever wrote this must have dislexia." She said with a giggle. Then her eyes went wide as she thought of another reason. Maybe they mixed it up on purpose to trick a passerby into giving up. It must be a very valuable treasure.

When the Gengar seemed to crack the code, the Fletchinder rushed over to see if it worked, and it did.
"Wow... I think that's it! But what do all the numbers mean? And the leaves of the fallen warriors, those colors... Didn't we find some oddly colored leaves on our last exploration here? If so, I think those numbers may have something to do with it... Maybe we need two blue, three purple, and two white... or one of the first two and two of the second? That can't be right, because it leaves out two numbers... But we have to burn colorful leaves, so that's one thing..."
Back to top Go down
MoonDust

MoonDust

PostSubject: Re: Shrine of the Fallen Riddle   Shrine of the Fallen Riddle EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 5:49 pm

"I think I know what it means. It means those specific leaves, and then the number of leaves we need each. Blue Three, Purple Two, White Two, because of the one, one." Serena confirmed unsurely. She was sure this was probably what it meant, because there could be no other answer in this context. If she was wrong, well, then nobody knew what it meant at all.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Shrine of the Fallen Riddle   Shrine of the Fallen Riddle EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 6:03 pm

"Well, you may indeed be correct about us having to burn those strange leaves we found, but I think those numbers have to mean something else. Your solutions could work, but they feel so...constructed. There has to be something else."
Pulling the leaves he had collected over the course of his endless travels through the copse out of his bag, William sat down on the ground, thinking about what else these words might mean.

"Maybe the order of Blue, Purple, White means that Blue corresponds with one, Purple with two and White with three. And that would mean that Two, Three, Two, One, One would translate to Purple, White, Purple, Blue, Blue. Maybe we have to burn the leaves in that order?"
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

PostSubject: Re: Shrine of the Fallen Riddle   Shrine of the Fallen Riddle EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 6:11 pm

Sosio gasped, and her eyes began to gleam with a mixture of excitement and curiosity.
"That must be it! It makes so much sense! Take out those leaves, and lets burn them in order. Be careful, though. I'm not sure how this works, but if we mess up, no more leaves to burn..."

The Fletchinder was certain this riddle had to do with burning the colored leaves, and with particular amounts, but if they messed up in the slightest or were incorrect, they would have to find the leaves all over again and ponder over this riddle some more. The Gengar's solution seemed right, though, so now they only have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
MoonDust

MoonDust

PostSubject: Re: Shrine of the Fallen Riddle   Shrine of the Fallen Riddle EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 6:15 pm

Serena nodded. "Brilliant! That's way better than what I just said. We can try, but it'll be really risky." She said, excitement now back in her tone. This had to be one of the most exciting moments in the Servine's life, besides evolution. This was so exciting she couldn't hold it in! Eyes sparkling, the grass type couldn't help but start jumping around like a little kid.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Shrine of the Fallen Riddle   Shrine of the Fallen Riddle EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 6:27 pm

The Gengar simply shrugged. "It's not as if we have much to lose here."
Slowly he stepped towards the shrine, the collected leaves in hand.
Then, one after another the leaves were burned in the candle's flame.

Purple, White, Purple, Blue, Blue.

Hopefully the Gengar had been right with this solution as there wasn't any other plausible way to solve the riddle he could think of. And also because losing the leaves for nothing would mean that to try again they would have to spend even more time in this wretched place collecting foilage.
Sighing, the Gengar took a step back from the shrine.

Leaf Finding Threads:
The Search Begins! - Two Blue Leaves
Leaf me alone! - One Purple Leaf
One discovery leads to another! - One Purple Leaf
Yet Another Exploration - One White Leaf
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

PostSubject: Re: Shrine of the Fallen Riddle   Shrine of the Fallen Riddle EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 6:39 pm

As the leaves burn away you await for your reward.

However, no matter how long you wait nothing happens. The leaves simply burn up, never to be used again.

Your solution has failed, please retry with a different solution.
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

PostSubject: Re: Shrine of the Fallen Riddle   Shrine of the Fallen Riddle EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 6:50 pm

Sosio stands, awaiting a flash of light, or any such sign they received the "fallen warriors strength", but nothing happened. Her beak dropped, a look of sudden disappointment flushing the happiness and energy from her face.
"Bu--but... We... WHAT?! I don't understand... We... but... This can't be right..." she uttered in disbelief, rushing over the shrine. She sifted her claws through the ashes after the flame extinguished, searching for some sort of item that held power, but just a bunch of burnt leaves remained. Nothing happened.

"I--I don't... get it..."
Back to top Go down
MoonDust

MoonDust

PostSubject: Re: Shrine of the Fallen Riddle   Shrine of the Fallen Riddle EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 6:54 pm

Serena was utterly flabbergasted. How on earth...? But they had gotten all the necessary leaves and burned them, so what on earth happened?! Why was it defective?! The Servine couldn't believe it. They had gone through so much time and effort to find those leaves..... and all for nothing?! This was infuriating!
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Shrine of the Fallen Riddle   Shrine of the Fallen Riddle EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 11:01 pm

A long time had passed. The sun had risen and set again many times.
It was a brand new day, not at all related to the huge disappointment that had occurred on that other day from the past.
Once more William the Gengar had traversed the horrifyingly bright Fallen Leaf Copse, still feeling as if there was something he had missed. But what could that be? Then finally something appeared in front of him. Might this be what he had been looking for for so long? But as the Ghost type wandered closer, a huge sigh of disappointment escaped him. It was just that accursed shrine that had cost them so much time and mental fortitude already. Groaning, the Gengar slammed his head onto the cold, hard surface.
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

PostSubject: Re: Shrine of the Fallen Riddle   Shrine of the Fallen Riddle EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 9:33 pm

Much like the natural occurrence of migration, Sosio found herself once again flying over the forest surrounded by water. The trees looked so mystical, their orange leaves and branches blowing in the calm lake breeze, the branches swaying. The sounds of the leaves were like whispers, calling her back in to the familiar place.

The bird pulled in her wings to her side and dive-bombed into the center of the forest, pulling up before the ground and landing softly, her head tilting rapidly. She lifted each leg in turn as she was looking at the soil, feeling the grit once more on her toes. The Fletchinder looked forward, her feathers ruffling as she filled herself with confidence and prepared to step forwards and explore again, when a banging noise startled her and sent her back into the air.

Sosio lowered her head and body, and began creeping towards where she heard the noise. She straitened her axial skeleton when she discovered what it was, and her optics widened, filled with surprise. Before her was not only the shrine she visited once before, but the very Pokemon whom she visited it with.
"William?"
She could hardly believe he would've wanted to come back. And what was he doing? His face being pressed against the stone didn't look much like trying to solve the riddle...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shrine of the Fallen Riddle   Shrine of the Fallen Riddle Empty

Back to top Go down

Shrine of the Fallen Riddle
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next