Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

New Rule: Roll Limit's Personal Feedback

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Coaster
Backend / Coding Support
Coaster

Poké : 9308

New Rule: Roll Limit's Personal Feedback Empty
PostSubject: New Rule: Roll Limit's Personal Feedback   New Rule: Roll Limit's Personal Feedback EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 2:45 am

Hello, I would like to state my feedback on the new roll limits for the site that was made today.
The new rule states you can only have a maximum of 10 rolls per page. The rule was made due to some rp'ers were discussing about doing super massive rolls due to massive amounts of energy. For example having over 50 energy total to use. Having a roll per energy point.

Although the intentions of the new limit are good. I believe the limit is far too extreme.

Role Player's Perspective

Thinking on the role players perspective. You want to have a monster house attack your character's. Having to only be able to roll 10 dice per page. You have less then 50% chance to get the majority of the roll to be pokemon. Even less for higher more dangerous pokemon to battle. Note that these numbers are not completly accurate.

Thinking on that now. If you still wanted a monster house to occur. You would prolong the threads to be very long just to have some action occur. Some Role Players do not roleplay as frequently as people like me or rezikun or even other's out there I might not know too well just yet. However I do know. Even though I am rolling small amounts. The limit of only 10 rolls per page will be quickly swallowed up by those high level characters. Yes even though the limit was made for those characters. It is far too strict for the type of style of some threads. On top of that, limiting the rolls per page will make the energy system obsolete due to the fact that forcing users to get more pages will in turn make them gain levels faster, in turn making them have more energy and thus have limitless energy all over again. This would not exactly help out too well.

Use House Orbs to achieve your monster house.
We can't use the house orbs reliably to create those hordes of pokemon. Think of the chances again. If you got no pokemon on an orb use then its a complete waste. On top of that you now have to rely on your energy for the horde. Which is still just as difficult.

Use multiple House Orbs
This would be a waste.

What do you suggest then?
At least allow 10 rolls per post.
It would be even better to just limit it to 15 or 20 rolls per post.
This would allow you to build up an army to fight if you really wanted that monster house.

The energy cost's would be taken from those rolls and thus they can't immediately go for another roll since if most of them are pokemon in the roll. A user with 50 energy might not be able to roll that massive amount again.

To put it short
The roll limit is far too small to allow decent roleplays.

Ending Notes:
I respect your decisions on the new limit. I only wanted to voice an opinion on the matter. If the rule is not changed. It does not matter to me. It is only something I wanted to state as I am thinking about some scenarios about the new rule.

Other Suggestions
If the rule should still be per page. I think it would be better to be at least 20 per page. The per post was a bit much actually.

Last edited by coaster3000 on Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edit in another suggestion)
Back to top Go down

New Rule: Roll Limit's Personal Feedback
Page 1 of 1