Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Rule 12

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Rule 12 Empty
PostSubject: Rule 12   Rule 12 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 2:52 am

This directly concerns rule twelve which I have a problem with. I do not believe the consequence is considered fair. Strikes? Really? Do you have any mercy? What exactly is the problem with posting a one line post? Are you afraid that people will rack up on Poke? I'm acting on the defense of new roleplayers everywhere, guys and girls, please do not tell me this is fair.

My suggestion would be to change the punishment to address the real problem and remove an existing one. Think about it. A strike should be directed at those who do wrong. Not on those who want to improve themselves. Hell, even a one liner has importance. What if those characters wish to engage in a conversation? Should they be forced to complete a conversation in pm? Should they be forced to do some sort of action every time they speak? Force. Force. Force. Notice how I keep chanting that word. I hate being forced to do anything, it cramps my style/motivation.

~Now usually on most sites, a moderator or administrator pops up, says their little two cents and disregards everything you just argued. If this is the case, I will be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

Rule 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule 12   Rule 12 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 3:17 am

Well, i'm going to pop in and give my little "two cents" anyways since I would like to explain WHY this is so.

We've had MAJOR problems with one liners in the past, like to the point where a majority of the posts were mere one liners and nobody had any intention of improving.

But first, let's take a look at the rule here:
"Each RP post must contain three sentences as the least, a sentence on setting, one on actions, and one on character thought. Dialogue will not count towards the sentence count! You will be sent a warning via PM if you are found continuously doing this and failure to acknowledge will result in a strike against you."

"Each RP post must contain three sentences as the least, a sentence on setting, one on actions, and one on character thought. Dialogue will not count towards the sentence count! "

Is that really that hard to make three sentences especially when we give you an example of what you could write?

"You will be sent a warning via PM if you are found"

It's not an immediate strike, you get a warning for getting a strike. If you ignore the warning completely and continue the one liners, THEN you get a strike.

"if you are found continuously doing this"

Continuously, meaning post after post after post is less than the requirement.

"and failure to acknowledge will result in a strike against you."

THEN you get the strike.

~

Now let's take a look at your suggestion,
"My suggestion would be to change the punishment to address the real problem and remove an existing one."
I think my explanation earlier about it's not immediate should answer to this.

"Think about it. A strike should be directed at those who do wrong."
Well, if they ignore a warning from staff and continue spamming one liners...isn't that doing wrong?

"Not on those who want to improve themselves."
How do you improve yourself by typing simple one liners?

"Hell, even a one liner has importance. What if those characters wish to engage in a conversation? Should they be forced to complete a conversation in pm?"
No you have to do everything in the forum actually, stuff that happens in PMs don't count towards your character. Although I do agree that even a one liner has importance, but excessive one liners? No.

"Should they be forced to do some sort of action every time they speak? Force. Force. Force. Notice how I keep chanting that word."
Body language, settings, what's going on around your character, what they're thinking, what they plan to do, what they think of the area around them, and facial expressions(or what they would be if they HAD a face if there's some pokemon i can't think of that doesn't have a face or somethin). These could be used to fill in gaps if needed.

There's my "Two Cents"
Back to top Go down

Rule 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule 12   Rule 12 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 3:45 am

I would not place Single line posts in the same category as say... drama. Would you like to remove my toenails every time I do it? I don't remember it stating anywhere that you can remove strikes.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

Rule 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule 12   Rule 12 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 3:52 am

"I would not place Single line posts in the same category as say... drama. Would you like to remove my toenails every time I do it? "
Um...what?

"I don't remember it stating anywhere that you can remove strikes."
I said you don't get the strike unless you ignore the PM warning and continue posting simple one liners.
Back to top Go down
Dediles

Dediles

Poké : 4120

Rule 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule 12   Rule 12 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 5:37 am

I would like to put my two cents in.

You are being a drama queen nova. I have been to places that require two paragraphs minimum, and if someone is having trouble with the minimum then all they have to do is ask, people around here are very nice.

The rule is there for a very good reason, and while i can agree that sometimes it's hard to come up with things to fill in the gaps, it does force people to think outside of the box, the only way someone is going to improve is in the face of adversity.

Thank you for your concern and feedback, even if everyone isn't going to take that suggestion seriously.
Back to top Go down
http://dediles.deviantart.com/

Rule 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule 12   Rule 12 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 11:43 am

I'm not really sure what the problem with that rule is, I find myself writing a lot anyways, just thinking of myself in the character's position. It's actually hard for me to write a one-liner unless I'm either pressed for time or don't care about the post at all.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Poké : 290

Rule 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule 12   Rule 12 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 7:18 pm

As has been stated before now, you only get a warning and a strike if you are found to be continuously doing posts that consist of little more than a line. I admit that sometimes a one liner is necessary, for example; short, snappy conversation between a few characters that doesn't require much thought or action on their part, but a whole thread of one liners is unnecessary and also unfair to those who continually seek to improve, and spend a lot of effort on their posts making sure that even a member that just decides to read the thread rather than participate knows what's going on. It is also unfair as every post gains the same amount of poke, which goes towards everything from characters to in-rp merchandise, so why should people be allowed to do threads that consist of posts only a line long, when other members fully embrace the RP and get the same amount of cash for more effort? I don't think so. The three sentence rule is intended as a starting point, so that those who are used to doing shorter posts can aim higher. This way it is fair for all members, and those who start small get the added bonus of improving their storytelling skills.
Back to top Go down
https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org
Sponsored content

Rule 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule 12   Rule 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rule 12
Page 1 of 1