Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Berry birds

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dediles

Dediles

Poké : 4120

Berry birds  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Berry birds    Berry birds  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 2:06 am

First topic message reminder :

Shara is not a very rich bird. No, for all the travelling and adventuring, Shara did not have much money. In fact she found herself short trying to buy dye. Frustrated and in her natural colors, she flew across the mountain to relax at the sea a bit.

Seeing a forested hill she remembered that dye crafting costed less than buying the finished product. She would just have to find herself a berry. maybe some treasure to fill her empty purse as well. in any event, beating up wild pokemon always helps a bad temper.

Landing in a way that held none of her usual grace or speed, shara began to dig around the bushes of a clearing, looking for spots of bright color on this dismal hill.

[Dungeon enter -10 energy]
[E=7]
Back to top Go down
http://dediles.deviantart.com/

AuthorMessage
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

Poké : 12294

PostSubject: Re: Berry birds    Berry birds  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 11:06 pm

Varda started to flap his wings slower and let himself slowly float back on ground again after he had let the icy haze to envelop the misty hills from high up, landing a safe distance away from the fight that was still going on. The snake and the cat were still in deep sleep, curled up on the dark grass, looking like they were having rather good dreams. Aria seemed to be leading the bug somewhere, thought the Swablu had no idea why. He too waddled after the two, careful not to make too much noise he would wake up the sleeping Pokémon.

The Pidgey had backed away and was now trapped as behind her was a steeper cliff, barely visible from all the mist. Maybe she hadn't seen it? The blue bird felt quite worried, especially when the bug seemed to finally charge at her! ...However, it seemed like it was all a part of a plan and before Varda had even managed to call out, Aria had dodged the attack and sent the small bug flying over the edge, tumbling down the hill. The Swablu obviously was in awe, standing back slack-jawed.

"Wow, that was... That was great!" The bird chirped in his amazement as he hopped closer to Aria, who was preening herself after the battle. Even Varda got his share of the compliments despite not having really been fighting himself, causing the bird Pokémon to smile a bit. He certainly did hope that he was useful to the team!
"You think so?" The Swablu cooed cheerfully, seemingly quite pleased. And he was quite pleased that the Pidgey didn't want to fight anymore, either! The battle had looked rather difficult, but they had handled it rather well. Both of them were looking for berries, so it was better to avoid the battles from now and concentrate on finding them, right?

With a nod, Varda accepted the orders and started to waddle after Aria, letting her to lead. He didn't want to go too far from the Pidgey as the mist could easily force them to separate and get them lost, but he did wander a bit further away as he searched the bushes around them for berries. Soon however, the bird felt an odd presence behind him... But every time he looked back, he saw nothing. He was quite confused of course, but thought nothing of it.
"Are you finding anything?"

Bird carried out 1 launched of one Pricklemist Hill :
Berry birds  - Page 2 3Hw1fdP
Back to top Go down
Dediles

Dediles

PostSubject: Re: Berry birds    Berry birds  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 12:39 am

Sharar went rummaging through bushes again, but the place was empty. There wern't even any seeds or anything. They had left behind the sleeping pokemon, but they wern't to far still so Shara was anxios to continue.

She stuck her head in a bush and saw a familiar scene. just minus two pokemon. and it was already awake. and angry. Shara really wished she had spent more time training, she was so close to learning gust wich would come in REEEALLY handy right about now.

"I don't want to alarm y-" Shara said, turning back to the swablu, but was interupted by what she saw.

A dark shadow was hovering behind the puffball shadowy fingers reaching out. this was not good. if they were to fight now, with both these two new pokemon they might wake up the ones that were back a ways and then they would be screwed.

"SCRATCH THAT, GHOST BEHIND YOU, KRICKETOT BEHIND ME, FLY LIKE THE WIND!" Shara yelled, bolting for Varda. She would have to make sure to keep pace with the other bird. flying slow was such a pain.
[new page +1 energy]
[Roll -3 energy]
[E:5]
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: Berry birds    Berry birds  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 12:51 am

Varda was just looking through the bushes with no worries in the world, brushing aside the branches and peeking inside. Unfortunately, he found nothing. But luckily, he also found no angry Pokémon that wanted to attack him right away, unlike what often happened to him in Pecha Forest. He was quite sure that this meant Pricklemist Hill was overall a more pleasant place to dig for berries, despite the mist and the chilly atmosphere...

As Aria started to speak, the Swablu turned to the Pidgey with an oblivious smile as he tilted his head a bit, his beady eyes blinking slowly. The other bird's tone quickly changed however as she looked like she had seen a ghost... And said as much with a panicked yell, also mentioning another Pokémon she had apparently seen. The blue bird blinked another time as he slowly turned around, seeing the very thing Aria had warned him about. A gaseous, shadowy being with creepy fingers reached out for him. Their eyes locked for a moment before Varda spread his wings and figured that following the Pidgey proooobably was the best idea.

Rising to the air, the bird Pokémon flapped his wings hard as he tried to get away from the ghost creature before something bad happened, rushing after Aria and letting her lead them away from danger. She seemed to be a rather swift flier compared to the Swablu with weaker wings, but luckily he had grown stronger after he was separated from his parents. Before, he probably would have fallen behind quite quickly, but now... Well, he still was slower and behind the Pidgey, but he was able to fly and try to keep up, occasionally glancing behind them.
"I don't think I see them anymore!"

Current Energy: 4 (5 -2 from encounter, +1 from new page)
Back to top Go down
Dediles

Dediles

PostSubject: Re: Berry birds    Berry birds  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 1:14 am

Shara did a quick loop, scanning the fog with ther keen eyes, but saw nothing, when she got back to Varda she confirmed what he had thought.

"Looks like that haunter was territorial. good news for us. why don't we rest a bit? there's a good perch over there in that tree" Shara relayed, before rocketing off in that direction.

It had been a rough time so far in this haunted forest, certainly got her in the spirit of the season. still nothing for dyes though. Shara wondered about Varda and his place in the guilds while she rested.

maybe he was from the floating island what's the name guild. allearon or something, she could never remember right. but maybe they had different badges than grassveil. was the guild like a nationwide organization? it didn't really matter.
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: Berry birds    Berry birds  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 1:31 am

Varda flapped his wings, starting to feel a bit out of breath after all the fast flying his wings weren't all too used to. The Pidgey quickly scouted the area instead of asking the tired Pokémon to do so and didn't seem to find anything chasing them herself either, which was great. Talk of rest did cause the little bird's eyes to light up, liking the sound of it! He was rather tired and Aria's suggestion of roosting on an excellent tree branch just ahead of them was the best he had heard in a while.

The Swablu quickly agreed and then rushed after the other bird, his own flaps slower but he put the rest of his strength behind them to try to get to their destination as fast as possible. He landed gently on the dark branch, feeling the grooves on the branch as his talons wrapped around it. Varda didn't waste any time folding his wings against his back as he let out a relieved sigh, looking at Aria with a cheerful, if a bit tired, smile.

"I've never seen something like that before," he chirped about the strange encounter with the ghost with a little laugh, apparently finding it all a bit silly now,
"And am I tired now!" The Swablu smiled, happy to be resting his tired wings for now. For a moment he just sat there, before he seemed to get an idea. Lifting one of his feet up, he opened the bag resting on his belly and dug for something before he produced an Oran berry from it. He had been prepared and had brought some food with him.

"Are you hungry? You can have this," Varda offered the berry towards the Pidgey so she could take it from him and eat it. Of course, if she didn't... He would just eat it. But he did have another Oran berry ready for himself as well, which the Swablu was going to eat afterwards.

Current Energy: 14 (4 +10 from Oran berry)
Back to top Go down
Dediles

Dediles

PostSubject: Re: Berry birds    Berry birds  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 5:01 am

Shara laughed. after their terrible luck Varda was just going to hand her a berry. eh, he probably wouldn't have parted with it if it was under any other circumstance. plus she wasn't feeling like blue. shaking her head Shara replied.

"No thanks,You look like you need the energy. I can fly much faster then you've seen, So I'm good if we meet anymore pokemon. hey, you got any gossip from Grassveil? I didn't exactly stick around to chat my last visit." Shara asked, trying to spur a conversation with the cotton winged blue blob.

Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: Berry birds    Berry birds  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 3:28 pm

"Oh," Varda cooed as the other one declined his offer for a berry, a bit confused. Maybe she wasn't hungry... Or maybe she didn't like Oran berries.
"Alright then! But if you're hungry, I still have another one and you just have to ask," he added with a nod and a bright smile, starting to eat his berry and enjoying its rather complicated flavor as the juices hit his tongue. He already felt so refreshed, the juicy berry made him feel like he already could continue even if his wings were still aching a bit from the sudden fast flight.

"Gossip?" The Swablu asked as he tilted his head when Aria wondered if there was anything new going on in Grassveil. She apparently had been there before too, but hadn't stayed for a very long time.
"I came to the town pretty recently myself," he chirped cheerfully, giving a bit of his background to this other bird so she knew what to expect,
"So I'm not sure if things are very different, but it has been rather calm... I did meet plenty of new Pokémon heading towards Grassveil Town though, so the Guild might be even bigger now than you last saw it," Varda continued with a happy laugh.

"We're pretty high up... It's like we can see everything here from the safety of the tree!" The bird Pokémon suddenly realized as he looked below them. They were above most of the thickest and heaviest fog that was covering the ground, but some occasional holes in the mist did let the grass and bushes to show through...

Bird carried out 2 launched of one Pricklemist Hill :
Berry birds  - Page 2 UOYGJWn , Berry birds  - Page 2 Rdiml1Q
Back to top Go down
Dediles

Dediles

PostSubject: Re: Berry birds    Berry birds  - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 3:45 am

"You sound surprised, like you never perched on a high branch before." Shara said, slightly confused. she srugged it off as an exentricity of puff the not yet dragon.

Thought the thought did lead her to wonder if she could scan the ground through the mist. a after about a minute of looking she saw a small chest and a bottle. huh. well then, time to collect.

"I can see a box and something that's probably an elixir of some description, lemme go check it out, get your bag ready for rushed delivery." Shara joked, before diving off the branch and Speeding along the forest floor, talons extended. with a thwip and a thwish she got the box and and bottle. a Smiling shara flew back to Varda.
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: Berry birds    Berry birds  - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 1:08 pm

Varda looked at Aria with a smile as she wondered about his surprise for being able to see everything from up high, letting out a chirpy laugh. Well perhaps in hindsight it was a bit of a silly thing to say, but honestly he hadn't even thought that using elevation in the misty hills could be used to look for items in relative safety!
"I didn't think that such thick fog would even let us see through, so it felt like it was better to be as close to the ground as possible so you would bump into the things you didn't see," the bird chirped as he looked back down to scan their surroundings with his little beady eyes.

For a moment the two birds were quiet, but a slight glint in the grass as the sun hit something that reflected it caught the eye of the Swablu. The Pidgey seemed to see the same, even able to recognize the items from afar. As she ordered Varda to get prepared, the blue bird nodded in determination, as if this was the most serious mission.  He opened his bag to prepare it for the delivery like Aria had said, watching as the Pidgey jumped into the air and flew to snatch the items from the mist. As she emerged, the Swablu held his bag open so the items could be put somewhere safe while they inspected them.

"Ooh, this one," Varda cooed as he saw the items closer, using one of his feet to rotate the strange glass bottle that had previously been so foreign to him. But now, now he knew exactly what it was because of his previous mission.
"I think it's a Max Elixir! It sure does look like one," he explained in his excitement to the other just in case Aria didn't know – though it was quite possible she did. The only reason the Swablu could recognize it was because a client had asked the Guild to get some Max Elixirs previously...

"But the box," the bird Pokémon seemed a bit more puzzled as he started to poke and prod the rather pretty little box, not seeming to be able to get it opened. The lid was tightly shut and a little shake didn't reveal what was inside – if there even was anything.
"I can't seem to be able to open it..."

Current Energy: 12 (14 -2 from item rolls. Got 1 Max Elixir and 1 Pretty box.)

Berry birds  - Page 2 6GrSDo8 , Berry birds  - Page 2 Z6MECRT
Back to top Go down
Dediles

Dediles

PostSubject: Re: Berry birds    Berry birds  - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 6:23 pm

"maybe there's a locksmith in town that could take a look at it. certainly is a pretty box. like something you would keep jewelry in." Shara mused. she perched herself back on the branch and scanned the other half of the forest while talking.

"I already looked at half of what we can see from here, after I finish looking on the other part we should continue on, it's not a good idea to stay still in a dungeon."

Shara saw through spots in the mist as they rolled across the forest ever so slowly. Keen eyes picking up whatever they could in the obscured Forrest. it was lucky they were able to find items from above the canopy in the first place. however it seemed luck was on their side yet again. just as she finished looking  shara saw a glint in a tree.

the foliage around there was thicker, so there might be more chance of finding berries in that area of the Forrest. if anything it wasn't a direction they had headed in yet, so they might as well go there next.

"Ok I see something in the thicker part of the forest, something shiny, but barely. we should search there next, I doubt we will be able to see berries from the air, because if we could, so could any feral, and a free lunch is something they would not pass up. just say when you are ready and we'll go" Shara explained

[Okay, so if i wait for you to go or you wait for me to go we'll be here all day without our characters moving, so i give you permission to move Shara along in your next post, you can even have her point out where she saw the glint, it's up to you weather or not to even mention the candy. I'll roll my next turn]
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: Berry birds    Berry birds  - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 7:11 pm

Varda closed his eyes for a moment as he pondered the other Pokémon's words about opening the locked box. Surely it was locked for a reason, so... Maybe there indeed was something very nice inside it and it was worth it to get the box opened. But where...
"Ah!" The Swablu suddenly gasped as he opened his eyes, a smile on his face and the glint in his beady little eyes telling that he seemingly figured something out,
"Yes, I remember now! I heard that there's a Pokémon at the Guild who can open locks for a small fee! I can get this opened back at Grassveil Town," he chirped in his excitement as he explained the plan he had for the box to Aria, barely able to contain his want to get it opened right away!

The blue bird nodded in agreement as the much wiser of them reminded him that they should continue, as it wasn't too smart to stay still with all the dangerous feral Pokémon roaming around. She was still planning on using the height they had to her advantage as she looked for some more items she might have missed, and the Swablu did his best to help her. It seemed like they had already picked the shiniest items they could see, but soon the Pidgey mentioned that she was quite sure that she had seen something in the more densely wooded area of the misty hills. Varda squinted his eyes, but the mist managed to roll in the way just perfectly to obstruct his vision...

"Oh, you're right! Berries don't shine in the sun," the Swablu cooed to Aria. While they were rather safe up in the tree... They couldn't see any berries from all the way up there! They were going to have to go closer to the ground and perhaps check out what the Pidgey had seen shining in the sun. Opening his wings, the little bird prepared to take off.
"I'm ready! Let's go closer – though be careful," Varda chirped as he flapped his wings and took off, flying towards the trees with Aria. As they got closer, even he managed to see the strange, faint glint hidden in the grass.

"I think I see it," he mentioned to Aria before diving down and landing softly on the ground in the middle of the trees. The area seemed to have more trees and bushes, making the hill seem less empty but perhaps a bit more creepy with all the mist and strange shapes around them... But the Swablu didn't seem to mind as he used his wings to push away the fog to see what was ahead of him.
"Oh, Aria, it's an orb of some kind," Varda chirped as his eyes noticed a familiar blue, round object lying on the ground, picking it up to inspect it. And it wasn't even the only thing he noticed, as something with bright colors was seen from the corner of his eye, catching his attention. Hopping closer to the small hole in the tree, the bird peeked in to find... Candy...?

Current Energy: 11 (12 -1 from item roll. Got 1 Warp Orb and 1 Candy.)

((Hope this is fine with you, good luck with the roll! Oh, and as Varda is definitely a follower, you can pretty freely go and assume that he's following Shara, so no need to worry about that in the future.))
Back to top Go down
Dediles

Dediles

PostSubject: Re: Berry birds    Berry birds  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 3:35 am

"yeah, apparently some Pokemon go around throwing mounds of candy into doungeons for travelers around this time of year. interesting custom, if a bit wasteful." Sharra said srugging. "I really need to get a bag If I plan on staying in the area, keeping your feathers dyed is expensive here. I liked that town filled with flowers. 10 poke for any color of the rainbow."

Shara flew up to a low hanging branch to scout out the area, she was done putting her face into bushes. it was rather difficult, the canopy was rather thick, that plus the mist made it hard to see anything. she sighed, maybe this was a bad idea. when she finaly saw something she only got a glimpse of it because the branch decided to break.

she righted herself before hitting the ground, flapping a few times to land safely. "my faith is not in the branch, but in my wings." Shara quoted under her breath before speaking up to Varda. "I saw something over there, It might be a Pokemon."

Dediles carried out 1 launched of one Pricklemist Hill :
Berry birds  - Page 2 YN4qD3x
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: Berry birds    Berry birds  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 1:48 pm

Varda pulled the candy out and it seemed like his travel companion noticed both what he had found and his puzzled expression, explaining that a Pokémon apparently was hiding candy for others in different dungeons. It sounded like a strange thing, something the bird had never heard of before back at home... But it did sound like a nice thing! Candy was tasty, after all. His new treasure was quickly put in his bag while Aria herself seemed to realize that she too needed a bag if she wanted to properly explore and gather items. A small chirpy giggle escaped the bird's beak.

"Bags are really useful!" He agreed, proudly wearing his own Guild bag on his stomach,
"There's a really skilled Pokémon in Grassveil Town who can create all sorts of items. He made my scarf," the Swablu turned around to show Aria the pink scarf tied around his tail feathers as a proof of concept. He was certain that the eccentric shopkeeper could also create a bag if he got the supplies...

"Oh, but until then, I could keep what you find in my bag and then give them back when you want! It would mean you have your wings and talons free," Varda seemed to get an idea as his eyes followed they Pidgey's flight to a low branch – and it wouldn't the first time he would have carried items for others. He did have a rather handy bag not many did have, after all. The blue bird did gasp once the branch Aria had landed on broke, but she seemed to quickly be back on her wings and landed without any issues. It wasn't all lost, however; apparently she had seen something indeed, but was suspecting that it could have been a Pokémon!

The Swablu came closer and joined the Pidgey just in case it was a feral, angry Pokémon. They were going to have to waddle in closer to see what it was, which mean that something could have easily gotten the surprise attack on them... But if they both were prepared, then perhaps the other one could scare the Pokémon away before anything too serious happened?
"Oh, I see," Varda suddenly chirped as he squinted his eyes, noticing the familiar patterns and bright colors. It looked like... Candy!
"Ooh, do you think we found a hidden candy trove?"

Bird carried out 3 launched of one Pricklemist Hill :
Berry birds  - Page 2 LcO6F0Q , Berry birds  - Page 2 AMINlrQ , Berry birds  - Page 2 La94TiN
Back to top Go down
Dediles

Dediles

PostSubject: Re: Berry birds    Berry birds  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 6:17 pm

Dediles carried out 1 launched of one Pricklemist Hill :
Berry birds  - Page 2 6GrSDo8
et sick of these colorful wrappers before long. anyway let's get moving." Shara said, starting to leap from branch to branch, keeping a lookout.

She had spotted something when something hit her. she turned around to see a seviper coiled aorund the tree she was on. Shara didn't see what attack the snake had used, but it hurt quite a bit, she might be poisoned.

"I just wanted some arceus damned berries. is that too much to ask?" Shara vented.

The tiny bird pokemon flew fast at the seviper, who lashed out with a glowing purple tail. Shara never intended to hit there however, and used feint attack to knock the snake off the tree. following it down, shara tackled it to the ground.

"Quick! while it's disoriented, Use sing!" Shara said getting out of the line of fire

[Roll="Pricklemist Hill"][/roll]
[I'm just going to assume Shara stashed her candy in hammerspace, I don't want to have to deal with candy logistics right now.]
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: Berry birds    Berry birds  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 8:10 pm

Berry birds  - Page 2 La94TiN , Berry birds  - Page 2 UOYGJWn

Varda was rather excited about the candy, but it seemed like his Pidgey companion wasn't as thrilled. Still, despite that, it seemed like he might have actually been right when he guessed that they had found a large hidden candy stash! Even the Swablu was able to find some candy for himself, excitedly putting it in his bag with the other treasure he had found. Aria took to the air and used the branches to have a higher perch to look, jumping from one to another as she kept an eye on the ground. Varda himself decided to be her backup looker, waddling on the ground and watching the bushes from up close in case he managed to see something Aria would miss.

It went well, even though they found nothing. But suddenly, he heard the Pidgey call out and he looked up, noticing a familiar dark snake with bright patterns on its skin coiled around a tree, apparently having struck Aria a moment before! The bird Pokémon called out to her, worried about her safety, but she quickly retaliated and attacked the snake herself. The feral Pokémon hadn't seemed to be prepared for it as just one attack caused it to lose its grip on the slippery bark, falling to the ground – right where Varda was!

The Swablu blinked a couple of times in confusion as the large shape fell in front of him, not really thinking fast enough to figure out that a quick attack while it was down would be a great idea – as would be running while the snake still seemed to be disoriented and hurt. Aria however quickly commanded the other bird to sing another one of his lullabies that had worked so great next time. It was a great idea in Varda's eyes, so he wasted no time and started to tweet another one of his slow and relaxed melodies, trying to make the snake to fall asleep.

Current Energy: 7 (11 -3 from the encounter roll, -1 from the item roll. Got 2 Candy and 1 Quick Seed that will be picked up later in-game.)

((Your code and post was a bit broken there , but I hope I got everything you wanted to say. It seems like something about it is broken as it does the same thing when I try to roll with the dice below the post, so this time I put them on top of the post and it seems to work? Strange issue, though.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Berry birds    Berry birds  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Berry birds
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next