Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

The first steps into a new life (closed to all other players)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The first steps into a new life (closed to all other players) Empty
PostSubject: The first steps into a new life (closed to all other players)   The first steps into a new life (closed to all other players) EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 8:43 pm

Trace burst from the dense forest on the eastern side of a huge clearing and breathed a huge sigh of relief. "Man it feels so good to be out of that forest!" He exclaimed to himself as he pranced in place, turning sideways to regard the oppressive forest with one eye. The dense canopy from the large trees made it hard to see more than twelve feet into the forest.

the Electrike suppressed a shudder. At most he barely tolerated darkness, but the fact that the forest is in a permanent darkness when there should be some level of light made it much worse for him. The moment he thought that he was almost out of the forest Trace gladly ran ahead of the friends he met while in the forest. Knowing that his friends were not that far behind but not willing to sit and wait for them he called out to the forest "Hey! I'm going on ahead but I shouldn't be that hard to find!" Then he turned to look at the town, and his jaw would have hit the floor. Or perhaps I would. Having spent the past two years fleeing from one encounter to the next that even viewing this bustling town from its outskirts would be just like someone getting a glimpse of a city of the gods.

Moving at a natural trot Trace walked into the town. In addition to making sure that he didn't accidentally bump into into the extremely various inhabitants he couldn't help but stop and read any shop signs that he came across and constantly crane his head back and forth as he peered excitedly at every building. The effect may as well have placed a stage light over him with a billboard proclaiming loudly to anyone nearby the phrase 'tourist.'

Last edited by TraceNoil on Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The first steps into a new life (closed to all other players)   The first steps into a new life (closed to all other players) EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 8:13 pm

Tepiggy walked into Grassveil Town. He knew this town was near his home village, but he never knew it was so big. "Wow! Amazing! Stupendous! This place is awesome!" he said, admiring the town. "Ooh! Ooh! Big thingie! Big thingie!" he yelled, looking at the billboard. He carelessly ran towards the billboard, and crashing into another pokemon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The first steps into a new life (closed to all other players)   The first steps into a new life (closed to all other players) EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 4:51 am

(By the way, the billboard I described in my post was figurative but by the power of words I can still have this make sense)

Trace had been pacing in front of a billboard that provided information about the town. On it read "Welcome to Grassveil!" in bright green letters and below that listed various shops and a few requests for help from pokemon not able or not wanting to pay the explorer guild. Then he was alerted to some excited shouting from the crowd.

Pausing to look around the Electrike managed to spot the shouting poke moments before they crashed together. The crash caused the two to roll together for a short moment before stopping.
Back to top Go down
LanceTheDragon

LanceTheDragon

Poké : 5000

PostSubject: Re: The first steps into a new life (closed to all other players)   The first steps into a new life (closed to all other players) EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 6:06 am

Lance walked into grassveil town, wondering what to do. He could buy an item, or he could wonder around town like he did almost every day. He desided to just wonder around, meet some pokemon, and plan which dungon to go to next. He walked over to a buildboard, and saw two pokemon that were knocked down. He walked over to them, and looked down. He knew that they wern't injured, so he smiled. "Wow, I didn't know it was fall aready!" He then laughed at his own joke. He stopped laughing and desided to introduce himself. "My name is Lance, leader of team Mythical." He looked around, then looked back at the two pokemon. "So what are you two doing laying around on such a nice day?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The first steps into a new life (closed to all other players)   The first steps into a new life (closed to all other players) EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 9:32 pm

(OOC: I clicked all 3 links in the discription. I liked the first one, joined it, Loved the third one, and the second one was kinda bad. Either way, cool signature.)

Tepiggy got up after crashing into the electrike that was looking at the billboard. "Oops. Sorry, guess I was a little careless," said Tepiggy, brushing himself off. Another pokemon came over, making a joke about them falling down, and introduced himself. "Well, I'm Tepiggy, and this is... What is your name?" he said, looking at the Electrike. "Anyways, I sorta ran into this guy when I was looking at the billboard. I came from my village somewhere west from here, and wa-Are those berries?" he said looking over at a nearby berry tree near the billboard.

He ran over to the berry tree, admiring the sweet fruit. "Mmm, those look good." said Tepiggy, wanting a juicy berry right now. He decided to use Superpower on the tree, and waited for the the berries to fall down. "Alright berries, come to Papa!" he said, holding his arms out, waiting for a berry to fall into his arms. As he was waiting, a berry fell down on him, hitting him square in the head, and knocking him over. He was dazed for a few seconds, then got up and angrily started looking around. "Alright, who's the wise guy who hit me?" he said, angrily using looking for a pokemon. Another berry fell down, hitting him again. This time, he rapidly turned around, and started blindly using Scrach where he was facing, and started hitting the tree trunk. "Aha! Now I've got you!" he said, opening his eyes and staring at the tree trunk he was attacking.

He looked up at the wobbling and swinging berries, almost breaking their stems. "Uh-oh..." was all he could say before he was buried in a mound of berries. He stuck his head out from out of the pile, then started to shake off the berries burying him. "I hit the motherload!" he yelled, gathering up as many berries as he could carry. "Hey, you! Get yer dirteh hands of meh berries!" said a bearded Haxorus, who appeared to be the owner of the tree. "Gah!" said Tepiggy, running off with the berries he had gathered, with the Haxorus hot on his tail. After running around in circles, he tripped on a rock, and the berries flew into the air. With mad skills, the Haxorus caught every single one with the basket he was going to use to harvest the berries with. After the Haxorus had left, he got up and inspected the rock he had tripped over. "Oh well," he said, walking away from the rock which he had tripped over. As he walked back over to the billboard. The rock he had tripped over started moving. What Tepiggy thought was a rock was a Geodude who saw him coming, and burrowed down in order to trip him. The Geodude started walking away, chuckling at his prank.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The first steps into a new life (closed to all other players)   The first steps into a new life (closed to all other players) EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 3:00 am

At the end of the chaotic rolling Trace ended on his back with all four paws directly in the air. Upon hearing the jest from a pokemon that separated from the crowd, he angled his head in order to get a good view of the poke.

He saw a Riolu that introduced himself as Lance. Trace smirked himself, this was a perfect opportunity to take the joke one step further. "Fall? You must be mistaken. I am quite sure that..." He quickly convulsed, making a movement part roll and part leap, and shot a good few feet in the air from his position in the ground. Landing upright on the ground he finished, "it is spring." His grin could be seen for miles.

"My name is Trace, nice to meet you. Now where is that wild Tauros of a Tepig?" he asked still in good humor as he looked around. It didn't take long to notice the guy, as he is currently being chased around by a very cross looking Haxorus. After watching the episode Trace shook his head, laughing at his energy. The shaking head was largely intended for the Geodude that he saw had intentionally tripped the fleeing Tepig.

As the Pokemon returned to the pair still standing near the billboard Trace glanced at Lance asking "I remember you mentioning something about a team Mystical. What did you mean by that?" The Electrike has been wandering outside the presence of society for a few years and is rather curious about what there is to do in such a large concentration of pokemon as this village.

Last edited by TraceNoil on Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:25 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Ran out of time last night so I added the rest of the text (everything after cross looking Haxorus) Then I realised that "Is that something about this place?" was very rough speech so I replaced it.)
Back to top Go down
LanceTheDragon

LanceTheDragon

PostSubject: Re: The first steps into a new life (closed to all other players)   The first steps into a new life (closed to all other players) EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 5:10 pm

(According to the timeline, my character has not yet met his new team-mates yet, so he will make no mention of them.)

Lance smiled at Trace. "Wow, you are just as clever as I am at jokes." He turned to look at Tepiggy, who was getting into quite the situation. He wasn't getting hurt, so he turned back to Trace, and heard him ask him about his team. "What do I mean by that? Well...Team mythical is my team, but I have no members on it right now. I had some before, but they left..." He turned to look at the billboard. "By the way...I don't remember this being here..." He turned once again to face Trace. "So what are you planning to do here?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The first steps into a new life (closed to all other players)   The first steps into a new life (closed to all other players) EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 2:17 am

(Ok, so I'm impatient... would have waited a week longer to see if Wild posted but I don't like just sitting here with nothing happening to my character and Wild hasn't been online since August 30th. As for Lance currently not having the two new team members he currently has and would probably try to recruit Trace at some point I don't mind. Trace would likely refuse to join anyways because I have a different way to get him into the guild.)

Trace chuckled slightly at Lance's comment saying, "I have those rare moments where I can play on a situation." as he watched the Tepig trot in the direction of the two canines, but then the pokemon suddenly got excited about something he spied in an alleyway and shot off out of sight.

What an odd pokemon, perhaps he'll be back? Trace wondered before he returned his attention to Lance. "Team for what?" he asked before deciding he needed to clarify and said "sorry, I'm new to this place and I don't know much about what is going on here."

The Riolu's next question caused Trace to pause. "I don't actually know... One moment" He had to think, and he did that best while moving. So Trace began to pace in front of the billboard (that may or may not exist after this thread XD) muttering to himself unintentionally loud enough for Lance to hear "What could I do here? As far as skills go I'm a good fighter and have experienced most attacks enough times to know how they work, but how would that transfer into such a peaceful society? Why would I want to be here? I've spent so long traveling that it would be hard for me to adjust to living a more stationary life, still it would be better than being chased by something everywhere I go..."

He continued to talk like this to himself for a good minute before he stops. "I think my first plan of action is to familiarize myself with this town then find some place to hole up in while I think of what to do next." Trace says as he turns to Lance, "understanding that are you willing to give me the grand tour?" He then asks cheerfully hoping that Lance, whom Trace assumed is a local, would be able to provide a simple tour around the village.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The first steps into a new life (closed to all other players)   The first steps into a new life (closed to all other players) EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 2:49 pm

(Sorry I've been off for like, forever, but I had a lot of things to deal with, like school starting and summer ending, and also the tornado warning that happened yesterday.)

Tepiggy was going towards his new aquantinces, but his spied something shiny in an alleyway. He took a second and made a detour towards the object. Seconds later, he ran out excitedly towards the his new friends, holding something in his hand. "Hey, hey! Look what I found! Look Look Look!!!" he said to the two pokemon, as he was jumping up and down.

After he calmed down, he showed the others what he had found. "It's a poster, written in shiny silver print! It says, 'Help Wanted. Need party of adventurers. Inquire at the Crunchy Cracker*, ask for Bart. Reward offered.' he said, reading the poster. "Maybe we could check it out!" said Tepiggy excitedly.

*It was the only name I could think of on short notice. If you think of a better name, post it and I will edit it in.

Back to top Go down
LanceTheDragon

LanceTheDragon

PostSubject: Re: The first steps into a new life (closed to all other players)   The first steps into a new life (closed to all other players) EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 1:55 am

Lance quickly grabbed the poster out of the Tepig's... hands? ("I thought that Tepigs had legs for hands...") "Lemme see that!" Lance said in a excited voice. He quickly read over it, then frowned. "Crunchy Cracker? Is that supposed to be a place?" He sighed. "I think this is outdated. I've looked over my wonder map before, and I've never saw such a place." He handed it (I mean, pawed it. XD) to Trace. "Have you heard of this place?" He asked. If there was a place called crunchy cracker, Lance was going to search far and wide for whoever named it, and ask them why in the world he would name it crunchy crackers, then ask for all his crackers so the same thing would never happen again. (XD)

(OOC: I don't think you can make up new places, nor can you make up missons. I'm not entirely sure, but I think we would be better safe than sorry.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The first steps into a new life (closed to all other players)   The first steps into a new life (closed to all other players) EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 10:37 pm

OOC: I think we are allowed to make up random places, I've seen a few instances where players have done such (a common example is a particular library somewhere in Grassviel) however I am fairly certain that you can't make up random quests and get rewards for it. However I think that instead of shooting down the idea we could build it into a plot device.

My idea is to make it into a ploy by a bandit group to mug unsuspecting guildsmen, but I'd like to converse with the two of you and possibly a moderator/admin before we get too in depth about it.

IC:

Trace watched as the Tepig returned with equal energy holding something oddly in one of his black pawlike feet, all the while shouting excitedly about what he had found. Partially afraid that the pokemon will once again barrel into him, Trace's legs tensed ready to leap out of the way, however the fire type slowed to a stop before that happened. Noting that Trace relaxed again and watched curiously as Lance took the paper from the Tepig and read it.

"oh? let me see if I recognize it." The Electrike says as Lance paws it over. Unable to actually grab the paper in question with nothing but his teeth (and trying to read anything in that situation is impossible) Trace tries to read the letters off of the Riolu's paw. Try as he might however, Trace hasn't been in civilization long enough to read the characters on the paper. After a moment of puzzling over the poorly-written text Trace exclaimed "hey I've seen this before!" as he reaches up and taps the words 'Cruchy Craker' with a paw.

Trace looks over his shoulder at one of the mainways that he had been walking down earlier. The name in question was clearly imprinted in his mind: It was scrawled on a signpost in front of a dingy-looking shop at the outskirts of town closer to Shadowhue forest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The first steps into a new life (closed to all other players)   The first steps into a new life (closed to all other players) EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 12:10 am

OOC: My plan is that it's gonna be a link to a MD in a different area, and they will just be the quest bearers. So yeah. Da bandits gonna be in de dungeon

"Come on then, let's go!" said Tepiggy, starting to run off in the direction of the town square. "Let's all look for it, and meet up in an hour at the town square! If one of us finds it, then we'll go there!" he yelled back over his shoulder.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The first steps into a new life (closed to all other players)   The first steps into a new life (closed to all other players) EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 8:05 am

Excalibur plodded into Grassveil town happily, the honedge doing halfway between a hop and a float, seeing the large group of pokemon he floated over and swung his sash hand around himself to grab his sheath. Pulling himself out of his sheath slightly he said "Ho there fellow Pokémon, I hope you all are having pleasant days and are interested in making friends, since I am definately!".

He frowned at the poster in Lances hand and said "T'is peculiar that the place isn't on the wonder map? And the fact you have a wonder map means you're in the guild right? Because wonder maps remember the locations of anything you've visited before, so it's a new place for you to go I'll imagine." The eye like gem on his hilt lot up as he said to them "Umm, would I be able to accompany you? Then maybe get taken to the guild? I also heard you need a partner or a team?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The first steps into a new life (closed to all other players)   The first steps into a new life (closed to all other players) Empty

Back to top Go down

The first steps into a new life (closed to all other players)
Page 1 of 1