Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

A Morning Perch?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Poké : 290

A Morning Perch? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: A Morning Perch?   A Morning Perch? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 10:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

A chiefly lavender coloured bat flew in rather ungracefully from the skies. After scanning the area for a decent place to take her rest she had opted to instead just pick one at random, promptly heading for the first tree in sight. Said tree was one of the many Pecha trees that made up Pecha Forest, a forested dungeon area just off of Grassveil Town; though Nereza had no knowledge of that.
The Noibat landed roughly on a branch high up in the tree, nearly slipping off in the process. Using the black claws that were attached to her lavender wings to grab hold of the branch, she pulled herself safely into the tree and sat, happy and content knowing that she could finally get some rest. It seemed she had been flying all night and the sun was beginning to shine it's golden rays over the dark horizon. With a small sigh, she didn't even bother to hang upside down on the branch like she usually would, instead drifting into a blissful sleep where she was sat.
Back to top Go down
https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org

AuthorMessage
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: A Morning Perch?   A Morning Perch? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 10:59 pm

(It's actually a blue and white striped scarf. The fur around her neck is black. Sorry for not being clearer |D)

In the silence after her words, Nereza had contemplated saying a polite farewell and making her leave; she had in fact begun to test her wings in the small breeze by flapping them gently, not that the Poochyena would recognise what she was doing. However, he seemed to have caught sight of her blue and white striped scarf in the breeze and had chosen to ask her about it.
"No..." she replied, "It was a gift from my mother," she clarified. Rusty really was full of questions. She paused her flaps to await his response.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Morning Perch?   A Morning Perch? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 1:20 am

Rusty looked at the Noibat starting to flap her wings - probably about to leave. He sighed, she isn't gonna leave is she? he thought worriedly. When Nereza told him about the scarf from her mother he looked at his paws. "I never knew my parents," he grunted, getting up since his leg was starting to fall asleep. "Never really mattered to me anyway," he lied, trying to keep a straight face.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: A Morning Perch?   A Morning Perch? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 7:35 pm

Nereza lowered her lavender wings once more at the Poochyena's claim that it never really mattered to him if he'd met his parents or not. Her yellow gaze focused solely on Rusty as she replied.
"Of course it matters. Parents, or carers, are the people who help shape you for later life. They teach you the things you need to know in order to survive, and they give their you the love and attention you need in order to truly flourish. Even if one never knew their parents, then friends act in the same way," she replied in protest, clearly treasuring her experiences with her own parents, despite all their faults and flaws.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Morning Perch?   A Morning Perch? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 7:42 pm

"I guess so," was all Rusty replied with. Yes, of course it mattered to him, Nereza was right. But would he ever found out about his parents? Probably not, so what was the use? "What was your mother like?" Rusty asked the Noibat, trying to keep her there a little longer, since Rusty often got lonely when he was alone in Pecha Forest without anyone else. This little Noibat keeping him company wasn't too bad at all.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: A Morning Perch?   A Morning Perch? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 7:51 pm

Nereza blinked at the question, "Uhm..."
She hesitated, unsure of whether she should even begin to trust someone with such knowledge about her past. Of course, there was every chance the Poochyena was just curious, being as lonely as he was, but Nereza wasn't one to take that chance. She tended to keep every little scrap of information about herself, to herself, not wanting to get close to someone only to have them betray her again, like Adelaide; like her father.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Morning Perch?   A Morning Perch? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 7:55 pm

"It's okay if you don't want to tell me," Rusty grumbled, watching Nereza hesitate when he asked her the question. "Sometimes it's hard for pokemon to talk about their past." He sat down quietly and yawned. "Not for me, of course, because I don't remember anything about my past," he said almost cheerfully. To Rusty, not knowing much of his past always had its good sides, since he didn't have to think about whatever type of tragedies occurred in his past. But it always had its bad sides as well, since he stays up a lot thinking about his forgotten past.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: A Morning Perch?   A Morning Perch? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 9:28 pm

"I would have thought not knowing anything about your past at all would have made it harder to talk about," she replied with a small, solemn smile, trying to lighten the suddenly rather melancholic mood a little, "After all you's have nothing to talk about in the first place..."
And again with the depressing mood. In hindsight it probably would have been better if she hadn't said anything at all. Confining herself to silence again she opted not to say anything more lest she upset the Poochyena somehow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Morning Perch?   A Morning Perch? - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 5:56 pm

"Not to me," Rusty replied in confusion. "Why would not knowing be bad? You wouldn't be brought back down by misfortunes in the past." The Poocheyna sighed. Why was Nereza so argumental towards him? Rusty was obviously right about this. "It is pretty lonely in Pecha Forest, but that makes the visitor's arrivals even more exciting."
Rusty gave Nereza a half-hearted smile. Oh, how the Poocheyna wanted to explore dungeons and beat evil pokemon. But, more than anything, he wanted to have a group of friends to turn to, instead of a forest filled with nothing but Pecha berries.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: A Morning Perch?   A Morning Perch? - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 1:22 pm

"The knowing is part of who you are. How can you say you know yourself when you know nothing about what you've been through in your life?" asked the Noibat, genuinely not seeming to understand how not knowing about your own past could be a good thing. Sure, she sometimes wished she didn't know what had happened with her own parents, but she had learned from those experiences. She might be a completely different pokemon right now if it wasn't for that. She was beginning to feel like a bit of a hypocrite though. Her questions were prying ever more into Rusty's personal feelings, something she herself refused to show or talk about due to wishing to keep to herself. Thus, she moved on quickly with a small shake of her head rather than continuing with that line of conversation.
"If you're lonely, wouldn't it make sense to leave. I've heard there's supposed to be a town nearby. You could meet new pokemon there." Though she wasn't one for trusting others, she would do everything in her power to help them, including giving advice if she could.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Morning Perch?   A Morning Perch? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 10:02 pm

"For you maybe," the Poochyena commented. "But, personally, I like not to know about that. That's just what makes me how I am," he shrugged.
Rusty gave another small shrug and tried to act like he didn't care about the matter. "I've thought about it a lot," he began, beginning to groom the messy fur on his paws. "But I decided that if I ever go to that village, it'll be to make a rescue team with friends I've already met." This was halfway between the truth and a lie. Has he thought about this matter? Of course. But he never even planned on going to make an official rescue team.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: A Morning Perch?   A Morning Perch? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 10:26 pm

"Why not go to the town to meet new friends?" she asked, clearly not understanding the mentality that the Poochyena seemed to hold, "You might find pokemon just like you, who don't want to form a team alone but have no one else to turn to." She paused, adjusting her scarf slightly with an ebony claw and smoothing some of her fur before continuing, "I mean, I've never been there so I can't say for sure, but you'll have a better chance there than waiting for something inexplicable to happen here."
Her tone was gentle, as if she felt sympathy for Rusty, but she knew she couldn't remain here forever, trying to convince him to move on and try new pathways.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Morning Perch?   A Morning Perch? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 10:38 pm

Rusty sat down on the damp grass from the storm the day before, a concentrated look on his face. He sat there for about 2 minutes until he looked up at the small Nereza, still perched on the branch and looking like she's reared to fly away on her own adventures.
"How about you come with me?" Rusty suggested to her. He has to admit, it did take some courage asking this bat to form a team with him, or even be friends. One moment he feels like she's his friend, and the next, he feels like Nereza hates him. Oh well, I guess I'll find out with what she says, he thought quietly, waiting for an answer.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: A Morning Perch?   A Morning Perch? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 12:46 am

Nereza watched the Poochyena for a few seconds, before it became evident that he wasn't responding to her questions. Though he had a concentrated look on his face, the Noibat couldn't help but worry that she'd offended him in some way. Her unease only grew as the minutes ticked on. She didn't want to just fly away, but she didn't know what to say either, to the point where she had loosened and re-tied her scarf a total of four times out of apprehension before he finally spoke again.
When Rusty did speak however, she found herself unable to respond for a few seconds. Blinking, she hesitated for a moment, not quite getting the meaning the Poochyena had intended from the words, but seemingly glad that he wished to travel to the nearby town as she had suggested.
"I guess.. I'm, uh, heading in that direction either way. It wouldn't hurt to accompany you," she replied, a small smile accompanying her answer as she tried to be 'friendly.'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Morning Perch?   A Morning Perch? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 12:57 am

Rusty's face lit up with joy when Nereza said she'd explore with him for now. "Great!" he breathed, finally happy to be able to look at the Noibat after the 3 long minutes waiting for her answer. "Which way do you wanna explore first?" he asked hurriedly, turning around to the paths. He personally wanted to go on the middle of the 3 paths. He had somewhat explored the other 2 before, and he was saving to explore this one when he wasn't so lonely. "I prefer the middle one," he commented, "I haven't explored the one yet."
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: A Morning Perch?   A Morning Perch? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 12:21 pm

The lavender bat-like pokemon blinked at Rusty's sudden change in demeanour. The gruff exterior he had when he'd first disturbed Nereza's sleep was now completely gone, replaced with a joy the Noibat hadn't thought she'd ever see in someone's face again. As much as she knew she couldn't stay forever, it was nice to give the Poochyena something to smile about.
"The middle one it is then," she replied quietly, fluttering down from where she was perched to land beside Rusty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Morning Perch?   A Morning Perch? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Morning Perch?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next