Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

A Morning Perch?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Poké : 290

A Morning Perch? Empty
PostSubject: A Morning Perch?   A Morning Perch? EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 10:33 pm

A chiefly lavender coloured bat flew in rather ungracefully from the skies. After scanning the area for a decent place to take her rest she had opted to instead just pick one at random, promptly heading for the first tree in sight. Said tree was one of the many Pecha trees that made up Pecha Forest, a forested dungeon area just off of Grassveil Town; though Nereza had no knowledge of that.
The Noibat landed roughly on a branch high up in the tree, nearly slipping off in the process. Using the black claws that were attached to her lavender wings to grab hold of the branch, she pulled herself safely into the tree and sat, happy and content knowing that she could finally get some rest. It seemed she had been flying all night and the sun was beginning to shine it's golden rays over the dark horizon. With a small sigh, she didn't even bother to hang upside down on the branch like she usually would, instead drifting into a blissful sleep where she was sat.

A Morning Perch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Morning Perch?   A Morning Perch? EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 10:40 pm

The warm morning sun glittered through the delicate leaves of the bush Rusty the poocheyna was sleeping in, giving off the right amount of warmth so that he wasn't too cold and wasn't too hot, either. The pokemon gave a happy sigh and settled back down, giving a huge yawn, laying on his back and grooming his matted chest fur.
The Poocheyna's mood suddenly changed when he heard a pokemon flying down onto a branch above him and slipping. Rusty sat up quickly, his short ears poking up through the bushes to hear. As the Noibat he saw started to drift away, he gave it an icy glare. "Could've picked a better place to bother sleeping pokemon," he grunted, tackling the tree the Noibat was taking a nap on.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

A Morning Perch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Morning Perch?   A Morning Perch? EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 10:56 pm

The Noibat was rudely awakened once more, not even a few moments later by a Poochyena charging into the trunk of the tree she had landed in and shaking the branches. Tired and with less energy than a blade of grass, she was knocked out of the tree, only just managing to angle herself as she fell so that she landed neatly in a bush rather than on the hard ground. Why in Arceus's name was it so hard to find somewhere safe in this world?  She really had taken the safety and security of her childhood home for granted. Apparently out here it was commonplace for others to disturb your rest, though she personally considered it bad manners.
"I didn't bother you on purpose," she replied, stifling a yawn so as to not seem just as rude to this new face, "I didn't have time... to check the area. I thought I was gonna... fall asleep in... the sky..."
As her words slurred into what could only be described as inaudible, the Noibat appeared to have drifted off once more, the prospect of sleep more appealing even in the face of this hostile Poochyena.

A Morning Perch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Morning Perch?   A Morning Perch? EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 11:01 pm

Rusty gave the Noibat a confused look, sitting down next to the pokemon but still glaring at it. "Maybe you shouldn't be flying so late," he growled, pawing at a leaf on the ground. It was kind've awkward with a Noibat sitting in front of him about to fall asleep.
"What're you doing out here, anyway?" he asked hurriedly, poking the Noibat in the head lightly with his claw. At least this pokemon bothering him gave Rusty something to do, since he usually just sleeps all day, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

A Morning Perch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Morning Perch?   A Morning Perch? EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 11:08 pm

Nereza only barely heard the Poochyena's voice through her light sleep as he replied to her, though his poking certainly woke her shortly after with a small jump.
"Ah!" she blinked, waking up again and shaking her head as if in an attempt to retain her awakened state. Getting to her feet, she began to pick leaves and stray branches out of her fur and scarf.
"Uh, I guess, just travelling," she replied with a little hesitation. She hadn't really had a set goal in her mind ever since she had lost her family. She'd just been trying to find a place for herself in this disastrous world. 
"I didn't mean to keep flying so late I just couldn't find anywhere safe to stay the night."

A Morning Perch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Morning Perch?   A Morning Perch? EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 11:14 pm

Rusty looked up at the milky sun, still rising into the sky. How long had Rusty been asleep? It was about the middle of the day when he last remembered taking a nap... but, oh well. He's starting to get the drowsiness out of his system, so he got up and stretched his legs, giving a grunt of relief. "You don't have to worry about it being safe if you're strong enough," the Poocheyna boasted, giving the Noibat a smirk of satisfaction.
Rusty walked out of the small bush he had been sleeping in, leaving the Noibat a couple pawsteps behind in the bush. He sniffed around, and gazed at the small clearing in the forest. "Ya'know, you can sleep in Pecha Forest all you want, just not in my nest," he warned. "You should go and find your own nest."
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

A Morning Perch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Morning Perch?   A Morning Perch? EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 11:46 pm

"I wasn't in your nest," she replied indignantly, her lack of sleep not doing anything good for her mood. It was perfectly clear that she had been in the tree above the Poochyena's nest, and as far as she knew, Poochyena did not climb trees, thus the tree could not have been his nest. Plus, he had been sleeping in the bush below the tree, not in the branches of the tree, weakening his claims thus further. Nereza didn't voice this all out loud however, instead keeping to her short statement of protest. However, not wishing to be in the company of the egotistical Poochyena for much longer, she obliged his request and made to take her leave, flicking one end of her blue and white striped scarf over her shoulder and making to wander off to find another tree to sleep in.

A Morning Perch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Morning Perch?   A Morning Perch? EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 12:05 am

Rusty yawned and smiled as he watched the Noibat about to fly off and he sniffed around the clearing again in search for items. He had no items and, frankly, he could use some in case of an attack worse then that of a Noibat.
Rusty looked at the clouds hanging overhead, getting more and more dark, threatening a storm. "Heh, I'd laugh if I saw that annoying Noibat flying back for shelter from the storm," he grunted.

This dice is not existing.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

A Morning Perch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Morning Perch?   A Morning Perch? EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 12:21 am

As a matter of fact Nereza had spotted the storm coming as she wandered along the forest floor on her paws, but instead of running from it or even finding another spot up in the high branches of a tree like she had initially intended, she took shelter beneath the roots of one of the trees, the space between said roots big enough to shelter at least three smaller pokemon, or two Noibat sized pokemon. She would rather be below ground and safe from the oncoming storm, than up high where she was more comfortable and struck by lightning - because let's be honest with her luck she would be the one struck by lightning.

A Morning Perch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Morning Perch?   A Morning Perch? EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 12:28 am

Rusty gave a long sigh as he held the pecha berry. "Not much, is it?" he grunted, putting it in the secret hole he dug by his bush and continued on searching, a strange worry filling in his chest. I kinda hope that Noibat finds shelter, he thought for a second, but he shook his head, getting all the thoughts out. "It's not my place to worry about that pokemon," he growled to himself, searching for more valuable items.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

A Morning Perch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Morning Perch?   A Morning Perch? EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 12:51 am

It had begun to rain outside of the safety of the hidden hole beneath the tree's roots. Nereza lay awake, listening to the gentle pitter patter sound of each drop hitting either the forest floor or the leaves in the trees above. It was a calming experience, only strengthener by the scent of petrichor. Like everywhere else Nereza had been in the past few weeks, it seemed that here too had experienced little rain until now.  It was with these calm senses and thoughts that Nereza curled up beneath the roots, wrapping herself in her wings and her scarf, slowly drifting off to sleep once more. Perhaps when she next awoke, the storm would be over and she'd be able to continue on to Grassveil Town and find some honest work.

A Morning Perch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Morning Perch?   A Morning Perch? EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 1:02 am

Rusty frowned at the second pecha berry and dug it, beginning to walk forward in the direction that Noibat went. He walked through a puddles forming around the forest clearings and he smiled as the soothing feeling of the raindrops washing down the matted fur on his back.

Rusty sighed and put the item in his bag to store it while he was so far away, and saw rustling in a bush. "Hm...?" Rusty walked forward, sticking his head into the bush, which probably wasn't the best idea, just in case it was a dangerous pokemon or something. He spotted the Noibat he met earlier taking shelter, and gave a frown. "Hey," he growled in greeting.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

A Morning Perch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Morning Perch?   A Morning Perch? EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 1:10 am

The Noibat's light sleep was disturbed once again by the voice of a certain Poochyena. Lifting her wing so that she could see the drenched Poochyena outside of the sheltered space beneath the roots of the tree, Nereza commented bitterly, "What happened to being able to sleep anywhere I wanted in Pecha Forest as long as it wasn't your nest?"
Turning over, she curled herself back up again, trying to keep warm despite the wind and rain outside the sheltered area, "I hope you don't make a habit of waking others like this, otherwise the whole forest will be irritable and I can't see that being helpful to anyone."

A Morning Perch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Morning Perch?   A Morning Perch? EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 1:15 am

"I was searching for items," Rusty retorted, giving the Noibat a mean glare. He took his head out of the bush for a quick second a harshly shook his soaked fur out, then looked in the bush again. "Ya'know, for a Noibat you sure do bicker a lot," he grunted, giving a small jump when he heard the crackle of lightning.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

A Morning Perch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Morning Perch?   A Morning Perch? EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 1:26 am

"I wouldn't be 'bickering' if I actually had the capacity to do anything more than complain in this tired state of mine," she retorted, ignoring the sound of the thunder that followed the lightening as if it were merely the rustle of the tree's leaves in a soft summer breeze. She then remained silent for a few moments before she called over her shoulder;
"Well do you plan on freezing out there in the rain or are you gonna come and sit in here?" she asked him. Though her tone suggested she'd rather not have the Poochyena's company throughout the storm, she'd prefer him being in here with her than out there getting hypothermia or something.

Sponsored content

A Morning Perch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Morning Perch?   A Morning Perch? Empty

Back to top Go down

A Morning Perch?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: Just Outside Grassveil's Boundaries :: Pecha Forest-
Jump to: