Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Let me Axew You Some Questions

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Let me Axew You Some Questions Empty
PostSubject: Let me Axew You Some Questions   Let me Axew You Some Questions EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 9:38 am

Hiya! Had a few questions to which I could not find answers in the rules, so I figured I'd ask here instead. Few suggestions mixed in but it's like 90% questions so I dropped it in the help boards rather than suggestions.

Items
  • Gummis - initial question on use already answered in this topic but said information not found anywhere in rules. Is that information still accurate?
  • Boxes - I haven't seen anything about species items in rules, so what do these do? Random item appropriate to dungeon's job * level a la PMDSky, or whatever the equivalent here might be?
  • Stat drinks - Iron, Calcium, etc. are scattered throughout a few dungeon lists; what do they actually -do- here? Is their use tracked in any way?
  • Keys - what do these open?
  • Amber Tear/Golden Mask - in games, tied for best recruiting item. Here...?

If you'd like, I'd be happy to compile information and write up a short summary of what items do, both the ones I asked about and others that people might not recognize instantly (Orb effects, etc). Just seems like there should be an easy-to-find, all-inclusive list if they're going to be featured so prominently.

NPC Recruiting
Is it possible to recruit NPCs rolled by the dice thing as partners, whether limited (ex. one per person) or whatever? If not, why is rolling for which Pokemon we run into required, given that there is no quantifiable mechanical difference in rewards between species, ex. XP?

Move Limits
Does the site adhere to the four-move limit of the games or adopt a "whatever you can learn" approach?

Upgrading to Shiny
Not that I intend to do this, but would it be possible for someone to upgrade a character from normal to shiny by paying the additional 3k Poke at a later date? Would this depend on the exact nature of their shiny, ex. total color changes versus say bone armor?

Egg Moves
Is it possible to later acquire egg moves via Move Tutoring or something of the sort, given that without breeding there is no other way to access them other than the one you can get during chargen? Yeah, they're -egg- moves, but that's a designation for when breeding is possible - and without a breeding system, there's no way to access multiples of them.

Dungeons
Is there any actual progression, ex. need to be level 16 to go to Sky Pyramid, or is it just whatever seems appropriate for the story/mission? Additionally, are there any type-locked dungeons other than Coral Forest/Hidden Abyss and by extension Submerged Tower(water), Sky Pyramid(flying)? Scorchfall Desert seems to insinuate only certain rock/fire types, but stops short of saying it. Are the Sacred Lands locked? Is there any way to reach the typelocked dungeons as another type, whether a NPC service or (in theory) a player-run ferry service type thing?
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Poké : 290

Let me Axew You Some Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let me Axew You Some Questions   Let me Axew You Some Questions EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:20 pm

Items;
I would love it if you could compile a list as I have been meaning to but don't have the time. ^^'

Gummis - normal sweets for the time being. Some time in the future we may implement an IQ system but for now they're only there to taste nice.
Boxes - one of the admins is in the process of creating a shop that sells species items and opens boxes for you. Species items themselves however do exactly what they do in the games.
Stat drinks - due to the free nature of this rp there is no number generated for each stat for each character. When your character drinks one of these however, it will give them a distinct advantage in battle as they will be more powerful/etc.
Keys - mostly used as part of guild jobs. I don't believe there are any at the moment though due to the rank of all our current teams.
Golden Mask/Amber Tear - nothing as of right now other than have a high value.

At the moment it is impossible to recruit NPCs due to the fact that soon the site would be overrun with 'NPC' characters that people recruited. The dice roll was implemented so that those doing missions and jobs wouldn't be able to immediately just say 'oh i found the pokemon I needed' and that there is actually some element of chance to challenge the rpers.

Four move limit.

No you cannot upgrade a character to shiny.

It is impossible to acquire egg moves in any way, other than when first creating the character. A breeding system has yet to be created.

Most dungeons are available as soon as your character is approved, but there are a few, such as the Sacred Lands that you need to reach a certain Guild rank to enter. The dungeons here at the moment are not the final set of dungeons and more will continue to be created so needing to be a certain level to enter the dungeon may be adopted into some of them.
The only completely type locked dungeons at the moment are Coral Forest and Hidden Abyss(and Submerged Tower) as it is possible to get a flying type character to ferry you up to the Floating Islands and Sky Pyramid. Note that the flying type must be physically able to carry your character and a Pidgey wouldn't be able to ferry a Tyranitar to Sky Pyramid.
There is no way to reach a typelocked dungeon if you are not the type needed to enter.

I hope this answers your questions! :3
Also, please excuse the lack of labeling each question, I was in a rush |D
Back to top Go down
https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org

Let me Axew You Some Questions
Page 1 of 1