Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Wistuffly

Wistuffly

Poké : 220

Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups   Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 6:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

Greetings select few of you who shall probably read this. As you may or may not have seen, we are beginning a new Homestuck RP. The last one isn't getting as many posts as we'd like, and some more people wanted to join since we started. So we are creating this Homestuck RP in the efforts of getting more people into the RP, and keeping it alive.

The RP will follow the basic plot of the main story and it's phases. The build stage, the lands and gates, god tier, all that great stuff. We may or may not have trolls, depending on if that RP gets up and running. I'm hoping we get 6-8 players or possibly more. 4-5 Is our definite minimum. The sign ups won't be open forever. If in two weeks from today, all we have is 5 players, then the RP will begin. But if we reach more than 8 players within those two weeks, we will begin as soon as possible. To keep the RP alive, you have five days to post when it's your turn. After five days, the next person in the posting order may skip you and post. If you post and the five days still aren't up, you must edit your post and delete all of it's contents.

There isn't much more to say on the matter than what has already been said. The character template is below, so fill it out and enjoy!
Character Template:

If you'd like some help finding your God Tier, you can try here. If you want a title that takes longer to find, but more personal, follow the steps here. For some basic ideas, try this. If you do use that one, don't select a non cannon God Tier title. No Queen of Shape or Priest of Law, please.

Last edited by Wistuffly on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups   Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 10:09 pm

I agree with the above posts!! Thanks for your share on my character. .u. Also I heard it was Space that was needed to actually make the Scratch or another universe, and they were essential for any game to win.

Is it Time or Space??? Or both????

also can we start soon. i love homestuck and am eager to rp <333 but take your time .v.
Back to top Go down
Wistuffly

Wistuffly

PostSubject: Re: Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups   Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 10:13 pm

Ori) Thank you for those notes! I didn't really want to add what the players must learn, and what those players tend to be like in. Yes, we are indeed in lack of a hero of time. Also, it is said that all successful sessions have a time player in them. So perhaps we are destined to fail? The sign ups aren't over, so perhaps we will get a time player. But that doesn't mean we need one. I think that our session being a doomed one adds a bit of originality, or "pizzaz" to it!

Melody) Space players breed the Genesis Frog, which is essential to beating the game. Time players have something on their planet that causes the scratch. I forget the name of it, and too lazy to look it up. And yes we might start soon as sign ups are slowing down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups   Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 11:14 pm

Melody: The Space player is required to gather one Quill of Echidna, the only weapon that can scratch the surface of the Beat Mesa equivalent that exists in the time player's planet. Someone with needlekind (read: me!) is then needed to initiate said scratch. A time player is needed in order to 1. have a beat mesa and 2. to, in general, manage the timeline. Sburb is a game of paradoxes, and someone to manage these makes things much easier. :)

Wist: Actually, the absense of a time player would create a void session--there would never be a way to complete the session, and it could become boring and uneventful. There is one crazy way that this could result in success without a time player tho--post-scratch paradox nonsense, or some kind of troll/other universe shenanigans. A time player from a pre or post-scratch world would have to combine sessions and players, much like Homestuck seems to be measuring up to do. I think a time player would be fantastic to have!
Back to top Go down
Wistuffly

Wistuffly

PostSubject: Re: Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups   Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 11:33 pm

Hmm. This seems to be a problem then. I have a few ideas on how to solve it.

- We get a new player to sign up as a Hero of Time, or a currently signed up player changes their god tier. Know that you do not have to change your god tier, as I wouldn't want to force you into doing something. If you really do want to change your title, then you may do so. But only if you want to!

- This is a bit more of a "Deus Ex Machina". We have a NPC/Player Controlled character, a Hero of Time, travel into our session from theirs. The NPC/PC Time Hero could come from another void session, in hopes of having one of us finishing the game? I'd have to work out the plot holes and paradoxes with this one, but it may be do able.

- An entirely new session is formed. We have new sign ups, that one with a mandatory Hero of Time. This idea I'm not sure about, as we would now have 3 different homestuck sign ups and sessions. I would think that would be a bit excessive just to solve one problem.

Any other suggestions?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups   Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 11:46 pm

I think we have one more option here:

- We are the post-scratch session. Our characters, unbeknownst to them, will somehow give the quills to the pre-scratch players so they in turn can create our session. Yay, Paradoxes! We did describe our ecto-bio guardians... right?
Back to top Go down
Wistuffly

Wistuffly

PostSubject: Re: Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups   Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 12:00 am

I had to read that a couple times to figure it all out, but that would work! To repeat, our characters would have to collect a Quill of Echidna and give it to our pre-scratch characters, yes? So somehow, our characters must learn that they have to do this. I'm not sure if our session will have trolls, but if we do then they will probably tell us. Or perhaps the pre-scratch characters communicate with us somehow? Regardless, I have an idea of how Winston could learn of this, once he reaches God Tier.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups   Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 12:02 am

Wistuffly wrote:
I had to read that a couple times to figure it all out, but that would work! To repeat, our characters would have to collect a Quill of Echidna and give it to our pre-scratch characters, yes? So somehow, our characters must learn that they have to do this. I'm not sure if our session will have trolls, but if we do then they will probably tell us. Or perhaps the pre-scratch characters communicate with us somehow? Regardless, I have an idea of how Winston could learn of this, once he reaches God Tier.

Yes, that's exactly it! Abusing paradoxes is fun... maybe I'll claim the pre-scratch time character!
Back to top Go down
Wistuffly

Wistuffly

PostSubject: Re: Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups   Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 12:13 am

Perhaps we could create a Pre-scratch session topic? Or maybe just do it in the same topic once the post-scratch session is finished? We would keep the Pre-scratch character sign ups in this topic. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Wistuffly

Wistuffly

PostSubject: Re: Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups   Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 7:07 pm

The RP is up! Go on ahead and set your place in the posting order. The RP is here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups   Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 6:21 pm

Was brainstorming this like a crazy person and came up with a novel idea:

All of these characters, who would be post-scratch characters, would be prospit dreamers. The derse players would be those who scratched the session--our space hero would be very busy migrating six planets and derse into the current session!

I'd also like to to throw in my concept of my dancestor character, JILLIAN BROWN, SEER of TIME. Haha, no real ideas yet tho on stuff like personality!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups   Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 6:48 pm

I don't know if the Prospit/Derse idea is going to work, considering that half of the players in one session dream on Prospit and the other half on Derse, at least according to canon. The rest of the idea sound awesome, though! Welp, looks like Lyra's gonna have plenty of irons in the fire....

Overused expression aside, I took the test as Lyra's Brother, GEIR WOLFFE, and got HEIR of MIND. Bio in process here, as well.
Back to top Go down
Wistuffly

Wistuffly

PostSubject: Re: Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups   Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 6:57 pm

Yes, that is a rather fantastic idea. I'm thinking our session, post-scratch, has a Hero of Space (Leaf), but lacking a Hero of Time. The pre-scratch session has a Hero of Time (Jillian), but they lack a Hero of Space. And yes, our Maid of Space would have to bring everyone from the pre-scratch session into ours! Maybe all of the pre-scratch players dreamed on Derse, much like how we all dream on Prospit. All of the pre-scratch players would hitch a ride into our session on Derse!

I'm still not sure how we would get the Quill of Echidna into the pre-scratch session, but we will figure that out in the future, as plans may change by the time we get to that point. Otherwise, excellent idea Ori!

EDIT: All right, lets make pre-scratch characters regardless. Use the same template, and try to use new Aspects/Classes for God Tiers!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups   Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 8:44 pm

Will do.

Name: Geir Wolffe
Screen Name: democraticDisciple
Typing Quirk: Perfect capitalisation and punctation. Generally writes in a formal and serious manner, and uses caps lock to EMPHASIZE his points.
Home: Oslo, Norway. He lives in a small house on a nearby island with his whimsical big sister, who loves fantasy and dancing.
Strife Specibus: Pencilkind
Fetch Modus: Debate Modus. In order to fetch something, he needs to come up with a good argument as to why he should receive it within ten seconds. If he fails, he is denied the item, and if he babbles too much during the attempt, the entire sylladex is emptied.
God Tier: Heir of Mind
Back to top Go down
Wistuffly

Wistuffly

PostSubject: Re: Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups   Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 12:17 am

Name: Wade Cadwell
Screen Name: gallivantingSorcerer
Typing Quirk: wade speakeths with minimal capitalization, and addeths 'eth' to most of his words. punctuation and grammar are fairlyeth well.
Home: Similar house to Will's, an apartment in Vancouver. His room is decorated with Birds and Medieval weapons, but the rest of the house is decorated with games. This is due to Will being the Uncle, instead of Wade.
Strife Specibus: FlailKind
Fetch Modus: Spellbook Modus. For an item to be ejected from the sylladex, Wade must says a magical spell that incorporates the theme or name of the item he wants to retrieve. For example, if Wade wanted to retrieve a lamp, he would say something along the lines of "Lampacus Illimunatus!"
God Tier: Prince of Light

Last edited by Wistuffly on Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups   Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 12:36 am

Name: Jill Brown
Screen Name: tentative
Typing Quirk: doesnt care about punctuation lol XD way too cool for that
Home: Massachusetts, US. In a forested lakeside, in her late GRAMPA's home. Her room is a complete mess and combines deep loves of dance music, rad cars and odd fashion. It feels out of place in her gadget-filled home.
Strife Specibus: VINYLKIND (Vinyl records)
Fetch Modus: PARTY MODUS. Jill isn't quite sure how this one, which is the point. Like the inevitablility of time, she just seems to auto-use what she needs, usually along with some sick dance moves. Sometimes, she won't get to use what she wants.
God Tier: SEER of TIME
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups   Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Homestuck RP 2: Sign ups
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next