Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Text size problems

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
_literally_the_worst_

_literally_the_worst_

Poké : 1020

Text size problems Empty
PostSubject: Text size problems   Text size problems EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 5:04 pm

(i'm posting this here instead of pm'ing E V because I guess I haven't reached the post limit to send pm's yet.)

So I've been trying to get my character approved, but one of the reasons it gets rejected is because  my text size is too big. I have tried to fix it, but whenever I edit my character application the size is automatically set to 15 and I'm not sure why, even when I manually set it to the standard size of 11. In fact, I might be having the same problem with this post as well. Has anybody else encountered a similar problem, or possibly knows what the problem is specifically? My best guess is that it's because all of my posts are from my phone, but it may be something else.
Back to top Go down
Coaster
Backend / Coding Support
Coaster

Poké : 9308

Text size problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Text size problems   Text size problems EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 6:39 pm

Greetings, to help further. May I have details about what you are using to connect to the website? Are you on mobile or a game console? What browser are you using if possible and version? If the browser supports it, what addons are installed that change site function (Stuff like ad blockers, script blockers and such. If there isn't any you are aware of, no need to list this information)

EDIT: I'm sorry, I didn't notice you said the post was from your phone.

In this case, try switching to desktop view when you post and then switch to source mode. This will make it look like a plain text edit and you can see your formatting codes this way.
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

Poké : 12294

Text size problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Text size problems   Text size problems EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 11:18 am

There is also an issue with preview mode deleting some bbcode tags, having lots of them nested might be why. I always write my stuff with the correct code in a word document, preview it to see if it looks good and then delete the whole thing from the reply box and paste the fresh correctly formatted text from the word document. Posting after pressing preview tends to eat a ton of my bbcode, so it would ruin the look of the whole thing if I posted the mangled version.

Not sure how phones of today do copypasting, but if you can, I always suggest not pressing send after previewing if you have lots of different nested bbcode, especially in important things like the character profile or records where you might be fancy. Don't lose your style due to the preview removing some tags for some reason.
Back to top Go down
_literally_the_worst_

_literally_the_worst_

Poké : 1020

Text size problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Text size problems   Text size problems EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 2:04 am

I've played around with other devices. and it seems my phone is the only one to have problems with text sizes. Other devices such as my tablet work fine. Bird's suggestion of not sending after previewing did work, and now everything is under control. Thanks to both of you for the suggestions!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Text size problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Text size problems   Text size problems Empty

Back to top Go down

Text size problems
Page 1 of 1