Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Seeking an Adventure

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
FoxFireAlchemist
Moderator and Dark Ducklett Priestess
FoxFireAlchemist

Poké : 5045

Seeking an Adventure - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Seeking an Adventure   Seeking an Adventure - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 8:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

Gwen walked out of her house in Twinleaf Town very early one morning and sighed. She had been reaserching evolution with the Professor and the late nights were killing her. Slowly. She rubbed her eyes and set off towards Verity Lake, one of the places where she and the Professor had been doing reaserching recently, planning on getting an early start on her daily assignments.

The sun only just began to peak over the dense trees as Gwen entered the lakefront, sporting a white duffle bag which was slung over her shoulder. The rumors and legends surrounding this place excited her, as if she wasn't already spazzy enough. She loved the thought of getting the chance to study a place where a legendary Pokemon supposedly lived. Even if it was just a myth, it was still a wonderful place to get things done in peace and quiet.

Gwen walked up to the water's edge and pulled a small water testing kit out of a bag she had brought with her, then dropped the bag and knelt down by the water and began taking samples. The morning sun just peaking over the treelike reflected beautifly off the water, giving Gwen a very serene and calm feeling while she worked. She felt as though this was a very safe place, and it deserved to be recognized as such a special place. As she was finishing, however, a strange breeze suddenly blew through the lake area, which had previously been completely silent. Gwen looked up and what she saw made her drop everything into the lake.

A small figure that looked like it was made of water hovered over the center of the lake. It only had some vague features, like basic eyes, four ponytail-like things on its head, two on each side, a small pixie-like body, and two thin tails with hand-like ends. The breeze seemed to be swirling around the figure, which seemed to be glowing as the morning sun shone down on it. It appeared to be observing Gwen, who could only stare back in shock and awe, her jaw hanging open as she looked on.

Gwen had never experienced any phenomena like this in previous trips to the lake with the Professor. She couldn't help but feel like this was happening because she had come alone this time, and her once numb mind was slowly starting to try and figure everything out. The figure never moved, but it continiued to look at Gwen with what appeared to be an excited yet sad look. It almost seemed to call to her, "Come on, play with me..."

Gwen stared at the figure without blinking for approximately five minutes, but shefinally felt her eyes beginning to sting because of the dryness and was forced to blink. As she did, a strong gust of wind came from the center of the lake and blew her onto her back. When she sat back up and looked out onto the lake's surface, the figure was gone. Gwen blinked a few more times, rubbed her eyes, and then went back to staring at the lake in a daze.

"What... What just happened?" she asked herself quietly, still in shock.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Seeking an Adventure   Seeking an Adventure - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 12:12 am

"I like to sleep in forests," Gary said, "And its a good thing you treat hobo's nicely, my uncle is one. And what easier ways are there to catch pokemon?" he asked.

OoC: This one is mostly not-shaman, so its a non shaman post
Back to top Go down
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Seeking an Adventure   Seeking an Adventure - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 12:18 am

"Buy a pokeball and catch the first one you see. People do that, you know." Gwen responded. "Some people receive them as gifts, ect. ect." she finished.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seeking an Adventure   Seeking an Adventure - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 12:28 am

"I still don't understand why people give pokemon as gifts," Gary said, "Pokemon are special friends, you shouldn't just give them away."

OoC: This is more like Jane from The Mentalist rather than shaman. So this is another non-shaman post.
Back to top Go down
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Seeking an Adventure   Seeking an Adventure - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:45 am

"Well, maybe it's ment to show gratitude in some circumstances. You can still be close partners with a gift someone gave you out of the kindness of their heart, don't you think?" Gwen pointed out.

"I thought I might find you here." a male voice said suddenly from the Lakefront entrance. "You were late, so I went to look for you at your house. I should have figured you came here first." it continiued.

"Professor! I-I'm sorry, I started talking to a tree-boy and lost track of time. I'm sorry if I kept you waiting..." Gwen immediately responded in an upset and sheepish tone as she jumped up in a startled fashion.

"Tree-boy?...." Professor Rowan muttered under his breath. Even he wasn't completely used to all of Gwen's many personalities and Gwen-isms. He wasn't complaining though, he knew that that was what made Gwen herself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seeking an Adventure   Seeking an Adventure - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:54 am

Gary made a confused face at the mention of tree-boy, "Since when have I been a tree-boy?" he asked.

OoC:
THE FACE: http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSni1IynEr2SxVrQjJLZhyw4nuXz3OMR9-t6LqAZUhc93iDQmaH
Back to top Go down
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Seeking an Adventure   Seeking an Adventure - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 2:02 am

"SINCE YOU YELLED AT ME FROM A TREE." Gwen snapped back at Gary, her sheepishness gone.

"In any case, I assume you came here to get the water samples." Professor Rowan cut in, preventing Gwen from going off on a tangent.

"Oh, yes I did. Here they are!" Gwen grinned, offering him the glass tubes. "I accidently dropped them in the lake, but they came out relatively unscathed." she grinned.

"You dropped them in the Lake? Why in the Hall of Origin did you do that?" the Professor asked her, accepting the glass tubes.

"Well, I saw this apparition tha- WHICH REMINDS ME OF WHAT I HAVE TO TELL YOU REGARDING THE MYTHS SURROUNDING THE LAKE!" Gwen responded, her personality swinging once again.

"Well, you can tell me back at the lab, which is where we're going. 'Tree-boy', you come too. I want to hear all about what happened, and you may as well come along instead of staying around here." the Professor stated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seeking an Adventure   Seeking an Adventure - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 2:05 am

"Oh okay thanks," he said.
Back to top Go down
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Seeking an Adventure   Seeking an Adventure - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 2:22 am

~At the lab, after Gwen finishes detailing her experiance~

"Hmm, this is rather interesting. This information does prove that there's a link between the lake and the legendary Pokemon... But we still need more to go on." the Professor mused calmly.

"How are we going to get more information, Professor? There's only so much more we can gather from this area." Gwen commented.

"That is very true." the Professor agreed. "I want to consider this more, but first I want you to run an errand to Jublife City for me. Take 'tree-boy' with you." he stated.

"Uh... Professor...?" Gwen questioned quietly and confusedly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seeking an Adventure   Seeking an Adventure - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 2:30 am

"Cool, sounds like fun," he said, "But... I don't have a pokemon..."
Back to top Go down
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Seeking an Adventure   Seeking an Adventure - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 2:48 am

The Professor didn't even give Gary a chance to finish speaking before he opened his breifcase and offered the two young people their choice from three pokeballs. "Each of you take one with you for protection." he stated.

"OH, DIBS." Gwen cried out as she snatched the pokeball on the far right. She looked at the pokeball for a second however, and then back at the professor. "But, professor... These are your prized Pokemon. Do you really want us to-?" she began to ask, but the look the Professor was giving her told her she really didn't have much choice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seeking an Adventure   Seeking an Adventure - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 3:41 am

"Um... okay then," Gary said, "I'll take this one." he said as he grabbed the pokeball on the far left.
Back to top Go down
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Seeking an Adventure   Seeking an Adventure - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 3:52 am

"Good." the Professor barked as he returned the other pokeball to his pocket. He then handed Gwen a parcel wrapped in brown paper. "I want you two to take this parcel to the owner of the Poketch shop in Jublife City. I will decide what to do with our research next in your absence." he added.

Gwen accepted the parcel and then stuck it in her bag. "Well, I guess we should get going then. See you soon, Professor!" she waved as she walked over and opened the door to the lab.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seeking an Adventure   Seeking an Adventure - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 3:58 pm

Gary followed Gwen to the door, "So where exactly are we going?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Seeking an Adventure   Seeking an Adventure - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 4:26 pm

"Just over to the next city. That's where the Poketch HQ is." Gwen explained as she walked out the door. Once outside, she grabbed the pokeball the Professor had given her and tossed it into the air. "Come on out and get some air, Piplup!" she cried as the pokeball flew up into the air. The pokeball opened, and with a flash of red light out popped a Piplup.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seeking an Adventure   Seeking an Adventure - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 5:44 pm

"Wow thats a cool pokemon," Gary said, "I wonder who I picked. Come on out, who ever you are." he said as he tossed the pokeball. Once it popped open it revealed a Turtwig. He then stretched out his legs and looked around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seeking an Adventure   Seeking an Adventure - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Seeking an Adventure
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next