Posts : 5153
Poké : 290
Join date : 2012-07-23
Location : Jabberwock Island
|Subject: End of Year News Update! Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:35 am|| |
End of Year News & Updates!
It’s been a while since our last news thread but since the end of an odd year is wrapping up, here are a few changes that have been made to the site!
As many of you may have noticed there have been some staff changes over the past month. After internal discussion these changes were made to better reflect the current activity of members who have staff roles.
Thank you to all previous staff for your hard work on the site! Your efforts have been greatly appreciated.
On the vein of staff changes, PMD has appointed two members to new staff positions. Congratulations to @Venusian our new NPC RPer and @Mada our new Character Moderator!
One small update we have made is the new Errands system! Using this we intend to create small, achievable goals that RPers can aim for over the course of a few months to obtain rewards. These will be formatted similar to Battle Passes found in games such as League of Legends, Fortnite or Genshin Impact, where a set of tasks (or ‘Quest Errands’) will be announced at the start of the season and you have the duration of the season to complete each of these tasks.
Additionally each season we will include an ‘Anomaly Errand.’ These will consist of effects that you can apply to your threads for the duration of the season as long as you include the appropriate season tag in the description of the thread upon creation.
For further information on Errands please visit the thread linked here.
To see the Quest Errands and Anomaly Errands for the first season - titled The Lone Whole - please visit the thread linked here.
We also have a feedback thread for the new Errands system, linked here. Please let us know what you think, and what we could improve on for future seasons!
Thank you to @PrimordialPrim for running the errands for us!
Miscellaneous Changes and Notes
A quick list of small adjustments we have made over the past few weeks.
- The character bio template has been altered to return the field ‘Sex’ to being titled ‘Gender’ so that it may be more inclusive of all gender identities.
- Usernames no longer cost anything to change - however, you may only change your username once every 2 months. To change your username, please submit an admin request.
- The description of Grassy Terrain’s effects was updated to make it clear that a minimum of 5 energy can be recovered per character in a thread over the course of their next five posts, to better reflect how the move works in the games.
- Life Dew was added to the list of moves outlined in the Energy System and Dice thread. It restores the energy of both the user and their allies by ¼ of their total energy.
- From now onward Guild missions will no longer have an expiry date. Each mission will remain on the appropriate board until at least one person takes them. Please ignore any expiry dates in mission threads as we transition away from this old system.
- Please note that concerning Guild missions, a mission will still return to being available for another user to accept if the users or thread attempting the mission goes inactive.
- There is an odd bug with forumotion where using a capital R in your roll code will put the rolls at the top of a post instead of the bottom, erasing some text. Please ensure that you use a lowercase r for your roll code, e.g [roll=”Pricklemist Hill”] and not [Roll=”Pricklemist Hill”]
That’s all from us for now!
We will have a few more, smaller updates for you in the new year! But for now, thanks for reading and happy RPing! c: