Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

A test of might in the greenland [Event]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

Poké : 3747

A test of might in the greenland [Event] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: A test of might in the greenland [Event]   A test of might in the greenland [Event] - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2019 12:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

The undying forests were a strange site on the eastern lands. From Grassveil to the eastern coast one would expect to see a transition from greenery to barren wastelands. Instead, amidst the journey, one may encounter the Everspring Vale. Still, if one was to get to the Eastern Desert, they would have to get through this Vale or find a way around it... Or so a young Sandshrew thought, approaching the limits of this unexpected overflowing garden. That would be the only way he could describe it, garden, as every single tree looked youthful and the leaves didn't even have another colour outside of green despite winter coming close. Someone... Or something, probably the Forest Keeper, was making sure these woods remained healthy forever.

The Sandshrew took a deep breath and looked at himself. An average two feet tall rodent with the usual pointy ears, pattern and tail yet unusually barbed claws, a scarred eye and nose, standing on all fours. Around his neck would be a pink Trap Scarf bestowed upon him by a lost mentor while a belt traveled from his shoulder to his hip, where it wrapped around it and was held tight by a buckle. Hanging from the sides where two bags, one small on his left containing a few berries he could use to recover as well as a Revival Seed and some other seed and orb with which to get around the issue of powerful feral Pokémon, too strong to face head on.

On his right, he carried the few Poké he could spare, some reliable 20 coins with a 'P' engraved, and a crystal with which he could unleash great power if it was ever needed. Having checked that everything was in place, the Sandshrew, named Yigo, decided to venture in, ready to test his strength and endurance with a wish to return to the land and family that watched him grow. And so, with steady steps and into the corridors formed by carefully grown and tended to trees and brushes, another adventure began.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Frebedor

Frebedor

Poké : 1893

PostSubject: Re: A test of might in the greenland [Event]   A test of might in the greenland [Event] - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2021 3:03 pm

Opal nodded back to Latios and bounded after him. Running with the speed and strength of an arcanine really felt great. And she'd met two legendary pokemon in the same day as evolving! Wow! Slowing to a halt didn't make the experience any less epic.

"Yigo wanted to see his family, I believe," Opal answered and glanced at her companion before looking back to the Latis, "Me, I came along because I thought the area would be fun to explore."

Encountering the giant beast, apparently named Regigigas, had not been on the cards. Wait, had she actually met three legendaries at once? The canine's mind was blown. Few, if any, could make such a claim. Never would this event be forgotten!

Now the Latis spoke of fighting the behemoth. That must be why they were here. It wasn't what the arcanine and sandshrew had come for, but driving Regigigas away was a common interest, and Opal was more powerful now. Perhaps her might, and Yigo's abilities if he also chose to contribute, would actually be able to do something if the quartet combined their strength.

"We didn't know about this Regigigas. It certainly is terrifying, but I want to help! What kind of pokemon would I be if I just ran? It's my duty to protect others, and there's pokemon here who need protecting!"

Opal had given her answer, accepting the danger that lay before her. Yigo had to make his own choice, and she waited to hear what that choice would be.
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: A test of might in the greenland [Event]   A test of might in the greenland [Event] - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 12:42 am

Being held and carried around in the sky felt liberating. When he was in the hands of Latias, Yigo felt safe. The speeds were dizzying, but the feeling of the wind washing his face was shooting. Of course, he still worried about the colossus that was causing chaos behind them but this was a brief moment of respite, enjoyable even. If only this situation wasn't serious enough to let himself go, enjoy it like the child he was, and ask for more.

Regardless, whether he wanted it or not, he couldn't let that creature destroy everything in its wake. When Latias landed, Yigo needed a moment to shake himself back into sense, as the looping and sudden drop-off were somewhat disorienting. As soon as he cleared his mind, he walked to Opal's side and adopted an attitude similar to the one of Latios, although more worried about the vale in general.

Opal answered correctly when she told Latios that he was there to see his family - if he could find it in the desert beyond the valley. Regigigas was only an obstacle they had the misfortune to find. They were asked an important question, one which would define the next moments for better or worse.

Still frightened but determined, Yigo looked in the direction of the weak pulsing earth. He could still sense it, far from where they once were. The earth was suffering, and so everything growing on top of it most likely "We already made this decision before! I-I... I lost something very important there and I need to get it back!" His words were rushed. He had the attitude, but was it due to choice or was he feeling like he was with his back against the wall? "We can't let that... that Regi-gi-gi-gas continue either! E-Even if we do, it'll just move into the desert or the woods and harm even more Pokémon!"

It seemed like a simple answer. He turned completely in the direction at which he could feel Regigigas's presence. A paw reached to the bag given to him and rested on the stack of sticks before staring at Opal. If she had any concerns about him, his gaze should be enough to tell her what he is feeling. Fear, duty, worry, strength, will and desperation. What one would call a Sandshrew was just a bundle of the former.
Back to top Go down
Venusian

Venusian

Poké : 3230

PostSubject: Re: A test of might in the greenland [Event]   A test of might in the greenland [Event] - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 6:41 pm

A test of might in the greenland [Event] - Page 5 JMATuWq
LATIAS & LATIOS

"Is that so? You aren't wrong that Regigigas has hurt many pokemon. And it will hurt still more before this is over." Latios was oddly quiet. He wasn't sure they truly grasped the gravity of the situation, but as much as he loathed to admit it, he wasn't too proud to admit that he needed more help. If they hadn't shown up to help Latias, he wasn't sure what would have happened. His mind tried to conjure up that scenario, no matter how the blue dragon tried to ignore it, explain to his whirling mind that it didn't matter. "I have no right to doubt your strength after you saved Latias."

"Don't be such a bummer..." Latias pouted, giving him a nudge. "Or at least stop bringing it up! It's embarrassing!"

He sighed instead, turning his head towards a distant rumbling. "If that's the choice you've made, I can't stop you." 'Can't' or 'wouldn't'? He wasn't quite sure himself, but even if they were naive, they were determined enough that trying to stop them would just be counterproductive, by his read. "But at the very least, we need to come up with a plan before we head back into the fray."

Latias cut him off, looping in front of the duo. "Aw, Latios always gets to come up with the plan. D'you have any bright ideas, fire puppy, sandy-shrew?"

Last edited by Venusian on Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Frebedor

Frebedor

PostSubject: Re: A test of might in the greenland [Event]   A test of might in the greenland [Event] - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 12:05 am

"Erm... I don't know. How about you two bring us up to speed on Regigigas? What it can do and all that? Like, it's powers? Like how I breathe fire?" Opal stammered. Why were the legendaries asking them for ideas? Wasn't it their job to be the geniuses? Then again, they were all in this together. It didn't matter who came up with the master plan. The important thing was that someone made one.

Getting to know their foe seemed like a good place to start. If there were any weaknesses to take advantage of, that would be great. There had to be something, right? Opal waited hopefully for some information.
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: A test of might in the greenland [Event]   A test of might in the greenland [Event] - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 12:30 am

Seeing the red Pokémon talk so nonchalantly towards her sibling made Yigo curious. Yes, this situation wasn't the time for Latios to bring up how Latias had screwed up, nor the time to bicker about it. Nevertheless, Yigo found it appealing, causing his tail to wag just for a single moment.

When they were asked for a plan, Yigo stared at Opal since she was the guild member. She must know what to do, right? As she brought up her point, Yigo was looking around, nervously thinking about what the creature may be doing while the four of them were thinking of a plan. He was growing nervous but impatience will only get them to rush into a swift defeat. Latios and Opal were right. They needed to know more.

"Does it want something? Did something make it angry or woke it up?" Those could be causes of a rampaging feral. Wake up a Teddiursa and it could enter a frenzy. This question made Yigo ask himself something else, something that he would share with the others "Is it... alive? Can it be broken?"
Back to top Go down
Venusian

Venusian

PostSubject: Re: A test of might in the greenland [Event]   A test of might in the greenland [Event] - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 9:13 pm

LATIAS & LATIOS

Latios gave a sharp nod in response. "Unfortunately, our knowledge is scarce. Regigigas does not speak, as far as we've observed. We aren't even entirely sure if it's alive, or how aware it is of the damage it's causing. Personally, I don't think they're any malice behind it's rampage. I don't think there's anything at all." The legendary explained, biting back a thoughtful hum. These were all fair questions, but it stung to be reminded of just how little information they truly had.

"We've been trying to rile him up so he burns himself out! But then the big guy just keeps marching on." Latias humphed, somewhat annoyed. "Leeeeeet's see, so far we've seen him smash up the ground with Earthquake, so digging is probably a no-go for you, Sandyshrew! You could real easily get buried! He can make flying real hard for us by making the air get all heavy and thick, and he's also got this icy fist that really messes things up!"

Latios sighed lightly. Latias was right, but he wasn't too sure they'd be able to decipher what moves she was actually talking about. "Earthquake, Gravity, and Ice Punch. It's also used Hammer Arm on my watch." He clarified. "While it does have moves, it's also keen to simply try to step or swing it's arms at any disturbances."

The blue dragon tilted his head as he hovered in place, deep in thought. There had to be some sort of weakness that he'd missed, wasn't there? "It's biggest strength is also it's weakness. It's huge, but that makes it slow and easy to hit." He explained swiftly. "Arcanine, I have no doubt that you're faster than Regigigas. But you - Yigo, right? - will have to be more cautious."

The legendary dragon was quiet for a long moment, deep in thought. "Would you two mind checking your bags for items? Especially any that could be used offensively." He mused. "Your arrival's brought us more resources to work with. We should make the most of them."

Last edited by Venusian on Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Frebedor

Frebedor

PostSubject: Re: A test of might in the greenland [Event]   A test of might in the greenland [Event] - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2021 11:36 am

"Oh... I was wondering if Yigo could do ground recon, but that would be dangerous with Earthquake, and I'm also weak to that..." Opal frowned as the ideas she'd been forming were quashed. "I'm definitely fast, though."

The arcanine was nosing through her bags as she replied to the legendary twins. If they had requested items, she would provide whatever she could, though not a great deal of offensive gear had been packed as she hadn't been anticipating a situation like this. Later on, the massive canine would think over the lesson that had been learned.

"Hey, Yigo, didn't one of Mama's friends give us a bag of stuff to use? I think you were holding on to that."
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: A test of might in the greenland [Event]   A test of might in the greenland [Event] - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2021 10:11 pm

A huge beast, mostly unknown. It causes destruction restlessly, without hesitation or consideration. Regigigas may not be aware, or even alive. It was something that made Yigo look away, bringing his claws together before he was pointed at the bag given to him by the Bibarel.

He shuffled through the content and took note of it. The handful of sticks stuck outside the bag, ready and available for quick tossing. A Vile Seed that could make a fight easier... but Yigo doesn't remember Regigigas having a mouth to toss it into. A TM he can't use and a couple of non-offensive orbs. Yigo shook his head and explained the situation "The s-sticks are useful! B-But there's not much more here that can help"

Knowing that Regigigas could make the earth crumble and tear under its feet, it was decided that digging was an impossible strategy. If Opal keeps it distracted with the flying legendary duo, it is likely that there will be no direct contact between the two. Yigo shook his head and took a step forward before adding something "Where we first met it! I... I lost something that could... No! It will help!" He stared at Opal, his eye shiny and beady. What was lost was of A LOT of importance to the Sandshrew "It should be with something pink. With my friend's Trap Scarf. If I can get it, I could... I could bury it where it stands" He spoke, confident, hoping that his friend would understand and delay the final assault until Yigo can get his Groundium Z back... and Yooka's keepsake.

"I'm... not good at telling colors apart. Y-You are faster than me. If I go with them to scout... could you go back and get the scarf and my bag back?"
Back to top Go down
Venusian

Venusian

PostSubject: Re: A test of might in the greenland [Event]   A test of might in the greenland [Event] - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2021 11:10 pm

LATIAS & LATIOS

Latias clapped her hands together, practically shining. "Oooo! Say no more, that sounds awesome!" She cheered, easily swept up in the ground type's confidence. "We'll help get you set up!" She was practically manic with excitement to finally have a plan that might just take the monster down. All this fighting was fun, but... even she was getting pretty tired. And if she was reaching her limit, Latios must be even more worn out, that bookworm!

Latios weighed Yigo's words carefully, on the other hand, staring deeply at the Sandshrew. He had struck the blue dragon as naive, even cowardly, but... perhaps he had been wrong. There was something else here that he couldn't quite recognize. But it didn't truly matter, did it? He needed to focus.

'Bury it where it stands'... it didn't take the blue dragon too long to piece together what exactly he was talking about, eyes widening as he was caught off-guard. Or, at the very least, he had a strong suspicion. "You would be putting yourself at the most risk." He needed to make sure the Arcanine knew, in no uncertain terms, what she was getting into. "I know you want to help, despite that. But you need to stay at the top of your game out there. And if you need help, yell for us, and we'll evacuate you from the battlefield." He paused, glancing at Yigo, then, in turn.

"That goes for you, too. I know you two want to help. You're good pokemon, I can tell - that's why we aren't going to lose you out there. Got it?"
Back to top Go down
Frebedor

Frebedor

PostSubject: Re: A test of might in the greenland [Event]   A test of might in the greenland [Event] - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 1:17 pm

Opal's frown continued as her sandshrew companion pulled item after item from his bag. Yigo was a resourceful fellow, but it seemed that even he was struggling to find a use for what was available to them, until...

"You have something that powerful?" the arcanine stared at the ground type in awe, her eyes widening. Whatever this precious possession of his was could change everything. Retrieving it from that clearing was top priority. "We simply have to get it back! It was in your bag, right?" Opal hoped so. "Actually, just in case it fell out with all that shaking, tell me what it looks like."

Of course, Latios had weighed in on the situation as well. Opal turned her attention to him as he addressed her. "I know how dangerous that thing is. I had to evolve just to be able to get both of us out of there. I'll go back in if it means a chance at stopping it, though." she replied. "I have a couple of spurn orbs in my bag that could... no, those won't do... A quick orb! I saw a quick orb in there! We can use that!" she hastily added as she recalled what she had on her.

"Actually, wait... what if it is alive? We don't want to kill if that can be avoided!" Opal whined. They were trying to prevent harm, after all...
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: A test of might in the greenland [Event]   A test of might in the greenland [Event] - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 5:43 pm

Latias seemed the most excited upon listening to Yigo's plan. He had made it look as if the Z-Crystal was their trump card. In Yigo's case, it was. It truly was much more powerful than anything his current bag had. Latios acknowledged the plan and told the two that if they needed an easy out of the battle that they'd get them out. With all of this trust put into him, Yigo was getting somewhat more nervous. No matter, they had all decided to give their all for this fight, and he certainly needed the item to deliver his full potential.

"Do you remember where we met the Vulpix? To rest and eat? I took off my bag and scarf there" Yigo explained, in a slightly quiet tone compare to his bold, decided one from before "The bag is not too colorful, but the scarf is bright pink, remember. Since the two are together, if you look for one, you should find the other. You probably are better with colors than I am but..."

Yigo approached the comparatively huge Arcanine and leaned closer, putting his arms around the fluffy side and sighing. It was the best approximation of a hug he could manage "Thank you for coming with me but be careful, o-okay?"

About her concern with the ethics of the attack, Yigo tried to shake it away. Whether or not it is alive, it is causing great suffering. This previously peaceful and plentiful area serves as his only way into his land of birth. Ending the life of a Pokémon is something serious but perhaps it is the lesser of the two evils.

(OOC: The bag is hanging from a belt with the pink Trap Scarf tied to it. The bag also contains more items detailed on the first page of the thread except for the Slumber Orb, which shattered at the start of the fight and cannot be used. Feel free to use anything inside the bag @Frebedor if Opal finds it)
Back to top Go down
Venusian

Venusian

PostSubject: Re: A test of might in the greenland [Event]   A test of might in the greenland [Event] - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 11:51 pm

LATIAS & LATIOS

"Our goal isn't to destroy it... or kill it, if that's the terminology you prefer." Latios explained. "This is Zygarde's recruit. Latias and I both know Heal Pulse, if it gets seriously injured." The blue twin explained, nodding to Opal. "With that being said... this will be a serious blow, but I doubt it would be anywhere close to killing it. Legendary pokemon are very powerful."

"Like us!" Latias cheered, helpfully. "Latios' dumb books says this thing hauled the continents around, I'm preeeeetty sure it can take some rocks. Alright, team! Are we all ready to set out?!" She hovered close to the ground next to Opal, grinning ear to ear. "Mwehehhe! Never got to use a quick orb before, this is gonna be fun! Make sure I'm in the splash zone when you use it, I wanna try too!"
Back to top Go down
Frebedor

Frebedor

PostSubject: Re: A test of might in the greenland [Event]   A test of might in the greenland [Event] - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2021 8:59 pm

"Zygarde... I've heard the name, but not more than that." Opal thought out loud and tried to put a face with that small bit of information to no avail. Countless stories had been told about the three warring legendaries, but none of those stories mentioned what they actually looked like. Now was not the time to ask about that, however. That could come later. The reassurance from Latios worked, for what it was worth. The arcanine just hoped that Regigigas wouldn't go on another rampage after it recovered.

Then Latias was hovering next to her. Latios was right that she didn't seem to be taking the situation seriously enough. Maybe she was just trying to be friendly? Opal had no idea. "Then stay put," she grumbled while making sure everyone was in range and ready before using the orb.
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: A test of might in the greenland [Event]   A test of might in the greenland [Event] - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 12:37 pm

A Pokémon that could haul continents... Regigigas earned his status as something legendary. Whoever this Zygarde is, this recruit of them was causing too much trouble. Knowing the legendary nature of the task, he wondered if perhaps this is the work of the Pokémon designing the world. Should they let this titan split this vale into two, dividing the world in two?

Can the four of them challenge the will of a legendary Pokémon? At least it took care of the ethics part since Yigo doesn't expect his move to severely damage someone that strong.

Walking up to the group for the Quick Orb's effect to affect them all, Yigo tugged at Latias's wing. She was close enough to Opal for him to reach and wanted to get her attention "E-Excuse me, lady. Do you think you could carry me again?" Yigo asked, knowing well that he wouldn't be able to keep up the pace. Opal was lightning fast after she evolved, he saw as much when they all retreated to where they are. If Latias agrees, he won't drag the team down. Besides, flying was very exciting for someone ground locked and with admiration for anything above the clouds.
Back to top Go down
Venusian

Venusian

PostSubject: Re: A test of might in the greenland [Event]   A test of might in the greenland [Event] - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 7:31 pm

LATIAS & LATIOS

Latias hovered close to the ground, looking over at Yigo with a grin. "Yeah, I sure could!" She chimed, "I can use a few more moves if I have my hands free, so maybe you could hop on my back? Don't worry, I'll keep you safe! I'll be even fasterer with the quick orb, so I'll catch you if anything bad happens!"

Latios sighed, exhaustion catching up to him for a moment - many types of exhaustion, at that. It was a debatable choice, to choose to ride with the dragon that had crashed earlier. Not that he was complaining. The Sandshrew looked decently light, but they needed all the mobility they could get, when just one blow had incapacitated his sibling. Steeling himself, the blue legendary likewise hovered next to Opal, bracing for the effect of the orb.

"Let's recap before we go." Latios ordered, looking over their little group. "The three of us will distract Regigigas while Opal retrieves Yigo's items. After she's done so, she'll send a signal into the sky to let Latias know where she is and that it's time to pick it up. I'll keep an eye out for that, so that she doesn't get distracted while she's trying to dodge."

"Hey, I won't get swatted again, worrywart!" Latias protested, puffing out her chest. "'specially now that I've got a passenger!"

"Fire a move into the air so we know when it's time, Opal." Latios continued. "That should handle everything. We'll go on her signal. Give it whenever you're ready."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A test of might in the greenland [Event]   A test of might in the greenland [Event] - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

A test of might in the greenland [Event]
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5