Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Adopting Geo the Sylveon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Poké : 9495

Adopting Geo the Sylveon Empty
PostSubject: Adopting Geo the Sylveon   Adopting Geo the Sylveon EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 2:34 am

» Name: Geo
» Gender: Good question (Biologically male with gender dysphoria)
» Species: #700 Sylveon, the Intertwining Pokémon
» Affiliation/Rank: N/A

» Why do you want to adopt them?: The user who did the most with Geo was a good friend of mine.  I view Geo as a character of Vulpes more than anyone else, and I'd like to make sure one of his characters lives on and is done justice.  He came to consider Geo a massive failure and was very upset over taking what he felt to be a good character and turning him into something no one wanted.  He came to dislike the direction he'd forced the character in.  Considering I was very close with Vulpes, I feel like I really should have been the one to take Geo in the first place, but I wasn't comfortable portraying a trans character, and I was ashamed of the idea of drastically changing someone else's character to suit me.  I'm no longer such a pansy.

I doubt there has ever been or will ever be anyone on this site other than myself who could do Geo justice in his current state and would actually want to.  Silver adopted him just because she wanted an eevee and couldn't even find the will to use him (she did one thread), because she couldn't bring herself to use a gender-confused character.  She has since given him up (along with the rest of her characters) due to her leaving the site, and I'd rather not watch him fall into the hole for dead characters or be picked up by someone who won't portray him well.  I will openly acknowledge that I do not fancy playing a transgendered character, but I'm very confident in my ability to fix the issues causing his gender dysphoria (yes, in his case, it is something that can be fixed), and I believe Vulpes would want that.  And of course, I'm willing to play out this dysphoria until the character develops far enough to move past it.

Vulpes was ashamed of turning Geo into what he decided was a bad character, and he wished he had never even done it.  He wanted the character to be fixed and made "good."  I don't intend to make this sylveon good.  I will make him great.  In fact, I'll make him one of the best characters on the entire damned site.

But I don't just want this character solely to honor a friend.  Aside from the dysphoria, I actually quite like Geo's personality and history.  There's a lot I could think to do with him after working through the most immediate and obvious problem, and I believe he could be a highly appealing character with a lot of room to grow.  Bringing out more of the original character to shine is one of my goals in the long run.  However, I do intend to preserve some of the essence of the changes made to him, even in the long run.  Now, to address something you may have noticed: yes, I'm referring to Geo with male pronouns.  Gender dysphoria is a mental disorder, and as such, I do not intend to refer to him in accordance to the effects of his disorder when talking about him from an out-of-character perspective.  Obviously, things will be different in-character, so do not let this affect your judgment on how qualified I am.

Also, it seems worth noting that Geo's evolution thread takes place with Dusk.  When Rezikun had her.  During her botched evolution that had to be retconned due to Rezikun failing to realize she did not have one of the necessary items.  Dusk is now my character and she actually evolved through entirely different means, on top of this whole thread being physically impossible, so Geo's evolution in this thread also couldn't have happened.  I'll keep the general method the same (eats a bunch of gummis like an idiot because some dude told him he couldn't), but I just felt like I should note that this specific thread never happened.

» Sample of roleplay:  I'll be writing a three-part sample to sum up the three distinct sections of the character's progress thus far.

--------

"Make your own adventure, son. Because nobody is gonna hand one to you." - Gli

It was a sunny day and Geo was using the daylight to its fullest.  He was outside with his uncle Gli, training to fight.  Gli wasn't really his uncle; he was just some absol who picked a random home to intrude on one day with a badly broken leg, and that home happened to be Geo's.  Since then, the two had grown close, and Geo had come to consider him an uncle.  With no fatherly figure in the eevee's life, he latched onto the absol rather easily and a familial bond grew between the two.  The child revered his larger, older "uncle" as the perfect specimen of an explorer, despite the obvious failure that had caused the broken leg and brought the two of them together.

"You need to work on your footing.  You've gotta conquer yourself before you can work on conquering someone else," Gli instructed as he lay on the ground, basking in the sunlight.

Geo was on the ground as well, though for a different reason than his uncle.  He had fallen while practicing some basic combat movements.  Clumsiness had always been a problem of his, and he could never seem to simply get into the flow of things.  Movements like this always felt forced and difficult, as if his body wanted to reject anything that wasn't as natural as walking, though he was told that this was normal for a rookie.  He had been trying to perform a kick with his back legs, but he was finding the part involving standing on his front legs - even momentarily - to be difficult.  He'd been struggling to get the move down for over half an hour now, and he was becoming increasingly insecure about his inability to perform what Gli claimed to be a beginner-level strike.

Despite his rising doubt at his own ability to do such a thing, the stubborn little eevee got right back up, determined to try again.  This wasn't the first time today that he'd fallen, and it certainly wasn't the first time in his life, but he always got back up.  He planted his paws firmly on the ground, and after taking a moment to psych himself up, spun around and lifted his back legs off the ground in an attempt to kick outward against the open air.  Once more, he felt his front paws losing their grip on the ground, prompting him to brace for the inevitable impact.  He spun out and smacked into the ground once again with a quiet "oof," really feeling it this time.  It hurt, and he didn't want to get back up, shameful of his inability to do such a simple task.

The fact that he had to spin was what kept getting him and causing him to fail.  Simply kicking with his back legs was something he could do, but according to Gli, that would be ineffective in a realistic fight since the opponent wouldn't willingly walk behind him or allow him to take the time to slowly turn around for an attack.  He needed to be able to spin around in an instant to use the power of his back legs, since they were much better build for hitting hard than the ones in the front.  Plus, the momentum of the spin would help the attack hit with more force, at least according to Gli.

"Can't do it?  That's alright.  We'll just focus on something easier for now," he could hear Gli speak to him, though he refused to look up at the absol's face out of fear he would see disappointment.  The words seemed harmless with no deeper intent, but in truth, his uncle had a plan.  The absol had learned all the right ways to push the eevee's buttons and motivate him.  "Show me a basic tackle.  You can do something that easy, right?" Gli gave his directions with a slight smirk that the eevee was too busy sulking to see.

Oblivious to the subtle intent to his uncle had to motivate him, Geo's mind had been made up from the first few words.  He could do it.  He had to do it.  He could do ANYTHING he put his mind to.  Uncle Gli was the one who'd made him believe he could do anything in the first place, so he simply could not accept the idea of failing to do something in front of Gli himself.  The ball of fluff got back up once more, now with renewed determination and focus.  The feeling of his reflexes tugging on him and telling him not to go through with the odd movements required for the attack was now gone.  He planted himself on the ground as firmly as he could, then used his back legs to push his body into a spin before allowing them to lift off the ground.  He could feel himself beginning to lose his balance as his body told him to reject the movements and stop himself from falling over, but he suppressed the instinct and simply allowed himself to move.

As he neared a complete 180-degree turn, he pulled his back legs in toward his body as close as they could go.  He then kicked outward, canceling out some of the momentum of his spin and pulling his body slightly in the direction of the kick.  He could feel himself beginning to fall to the side he was spinning toward due to the multiple forces preventing him from keeping himself upright with only two paws.  Then he remembered Gli questioning him on if he couldn't do it.  The thought of being unable to do something pushed him to pull his back legs to their normal position and slam the two paws into the ground as hard as he could, stopping his body from falling.  He panted in exhaustion, the day's training having worn away at him.  Finally getting the maneuver right had proven far more taxing on his body than any of his failed attempts, and he was really starting to feel the burn.

"I can do it, see?" he looked to his uncle for approval, his mind swimming with a mixture of fear and hope.

Gli smiled ever-so-slightly at the eevee's tenacity.  "Y'know, I lied.  That wasn't beginner-level.  In fact, I shouldn't have even been teaching you something like that so soon.  I just figured you could do it."

Geo's face lit up with joy, all fear having been dispelled.  He could tell Uncle Gli was proud of him, and that meant everything in the world to to the child.

--------

"Rule number one - silence: dissolve in the darkness and erase your breath. Rule number two - transpositional thinking: analyze the target in order to predict his thoughts and movements. Rule number three - speed: find the target before the target notices your presence." - Geo

Being a ninja was hard, but Geo was determined to make it work.  He probably could have sought out help with such a task if only he were willing to tell others about his desire, but he was embarrassed.  He genuinely wanted to be a ninja, but he knew that it would surely be viewed as odd and immature of him by most of the world.  Maybe it was, but that didn't change the fact that he still wanted it.  He wanted to be an explorer as well, but he saw no reason why he couldn't be both.  He could be an explorer ninja!  He'd left home to train for both, after all, and he intended to become great at both exploring and ninja... ing.  Maybe one day, he would be such a great ninja that he wouldn't have to be embarrassed about it.  He could hope, at least.

But for now, he was a very poor ninja and he knew it.  He had been doing basic training pretty much every night, hoping the shroud of darkness would prevent anyone from seeing him running around with a ninja headband on and acting embarrassingly childish.  He was in Pecha Forest, which was well-known for being a popular spot, but it didn't seem nearly as crowded at night.  He'd found a particularly long and sturdy stick, so tonight was going to be dedicated to close combat training!  He'd been whacking the stick against the tree for a while, trying out different ways of hitting the large wooden structure with his "sword," but he wasn't even breaking off any of the bark and nearly every strike simply caused the stick to be knocked out of his mouth.  If only he'd been born as something bipedal and capable of properly weilding a weapon such as a sword, then he would have had a much easier time with his ninja training.  Moving through the treetops would have been especially easy with arms to help catch himself, but alas, he'd been born an eevee.

Perhaps a lesser - or more sensible - 'mon would have given up on such a dream, but not this one.  He believed he could do anything if he just put his mind to it, and he intended to prove it even if it took his entire life.  He spun around and swatted at the tree, gripping the thick end of the stick in his mouth as the other end hung out of his left jaw.  Yet again, his grip on the practice weapon proved weak as the blow against the tree caused it to slip out of his mouth and fall to the ground.  "Uhg, why can't I do it!?" he raged to himself, picking the stick up and tossing it at the tree in annoyance.  The stick didn't seem to like being treated so poorly, responding by bouncing off of the trunk of the tree and coming straight back at the eevee.  "Ah!" Geo ducked and narrowly avoided the wooden assailant with a cry of surprise.

He sighed in disappointment at himself, but nonetheless, got right back up and prepared to do it all over again.  He picked the stick up in his mouth once more, this time biting down even harder.  He could taste the wood of the small limb; it was a bit unsavory.  Once more, he neared the tree that'd been chosen to be his training dummy for the night and glared at it as if it were some kind of villainous foe.  "HRAAAAAA," he gave an exaggerated battle cry, muffled through the stick in his mouth.  As he shouted at the tree in his best attempt to look intimidating, he charged at it once more, slamming the stick into the trunk as hard as he could.  This time, he managed to hit the tree rather hard without the stick being knocked out of his mouth.

Instant regret.

The force of the impact was unable to be released through moving the stick, and thus, it was all filtered into the eevee holding it instead.  Within an instant, his mouth felt as if he'd just tried to eat a brick.  He dropped the stick and lifted a paw up to cover his mouth as he whimpered in pain, wishing he hadn't made such a stupid decision.  He spat on the ground, and while it was dark and thus difficult to see, there didn't appear to be any blood in the saliva, which was good.  The pain in his mouth was already subsiding as well, so it seemed he hadn't seriously hurt himself.

Then, a voice suddenly rang out from the darkness behind him: "You alright?"

Geo turned to see a friendly-looking hoothoot waving a wing at him in a gesture of greeting.  "Oh, hi!  I'm-" he started up, hoping to make a new friend.  Then he realized his headband was on, and the hoothoot could see it.  He abruptly stopped speaking as he pulled the piece of attire off of his head and stuffed it into his pack, clearly rushing in panic.  "Ahahah, I'm uh..." he tried to play it cool, hoping the bird wouldn't question him.  "I'm fine..."

The hoothoot tilted its head, which was basically its entire body.  "If you say so.  You just seemed to be in pain a moment ago, so I wanted to make sure you were alright," it responded, speaking in somewhat of a refined manner, and in a rather masculine voice.  "I am Alkalai."

"I'm Geo," the eevee responded, happy to be meeting someone new who seemed friendly.  He didn't really like being alone, though his training kind of called for it, what with his embarrassment.

The hoothoot nodded to show he was paying attention.  "Eevee are not nocturnal, at least as far as I know.  What brings you here so late?  Training to be an umbreon?" he questioned, clearly curious to get to know this peculiar little fox.

Geo rubbed the back of his head with a paw and stared at the ground sheepishly.  This was exactly what he'd hoped to avoid, but now that the hoothoot had already asked, he couldn't simply ignore the question.  "Well, I'm training, but not for that.  I was practicing fighting on a tree... but I didn't even put a dent in it," he decided to respond honestly, simply leaving out the word "ninja."  It wasn't exactly the entire truth, but it technically wasn't a lie either.

The hoothoot seemed confused, staring at something behind the eevee.  Geo remained silent for a moment before finally speaking up.  "What?" he asked, now equally confused.

"...That tree right there?  If you didn't do that, then who did?" the hoothoot finally voiced his confusion, pointing to the tree with its left wing.

Geo turned in the direction his new companion had directed him, back toward the tree. There, he finally saw the effect of his last strike.  The bark had been scraped away, leaving a rather large indention, at least for him.  It was only a few inches or so in diameter, but he felt that it was fairly impressive for a weak little eevee.  The hoothoot seemed to think so as well.  "Alright!" Geo exclaimed, jumping with joy.  With his night being brightened right up, he spent the rest of it getting to know his new friend and showing himself to be quite a chatterbox when in a good mood.

--------

"If you were a guy, you're still a guy. Being feminine doesn't make you female." - Sova

The sylveon sat on a branch near the top of a tree in Shadowhue, having spent the entire day working to climb as high as she possibly could with the goal of seeing the forest from above and basking in the sunlight.  She'd decided for this to be her goal for today's training, and she was determined to find a way to see it through.  She wanted to see the sun's rays in the dark forest, to breach through the canopy and see the trees from above.  But, alas, this was proving easier said than done.  Now that she was nearing the top, branches capable of supporting her weight were becoming a rarity.  She'd been lucky to find the one she was currently standing on, but no matter how hard she scoured the area with her eyes, she couldn't find a branch that looked capable of supporting her.

Ever since evolving, Geo's skill had increased exponentially.  This came at the cost of a rather... drastic change in appearance, and at first, it had been upsetting to her.  It didn't take long for her to learn to accept it, and she'd found that it even felt natural.  She'd thought for sure that she had turned into a girl at first, and even that just felt like it was... meant to be.  It was awkward, of course, but she wasn't exactly uncomfortable with the idea of being a girl.  However, thanks to a knowledgeable glaceon, she'd since learned that she was not actually a girl in any way.  It was a bit embarrassing to not have a good grasp on one's own biological sex, but she didn't dwell on it.

Deep down inside, she'd known.  Changing sex through evolution was a ridiculous concept, and despite sometimes being kind of an idiot, she wasn't quite oblivious enough not to think there was something wrong with that idea.  "I guess I really just couldn't take the idea of being... this and still being a guy," she thought to herself as she looked down at her legs.  Her body was going to look like this forever, but she had come to be content with it.  Despite having accepted that she was still biologically male, it still felt... wrong to refer to herself as such.  She felt girly, and it really felt natural to just think of herself as a girl.  In hindsight, perhaps she'd always felt a bit odd being a boy, but she'd felt odd in general for her eccentric personality and obsessive desire to be a ninja, so it was hard to tell.

Either way, she considered herself to be female on the inside despite understanding that she was still very much male on the outside.  It was just easier, and she felt more comfortable with such a mindset.  Some of her insecurity and shyness had even subsided thanks to her newfound contentment.  She no longer felt  weird about being a ninja, and she found that she was now capable of more easily focusing on her training.  In fact, she was also more confident in social situations despite the fact that she was the weirdest she'd ever been.  She was just... okay with being weird now.

"Thiiiiiiiiiis is stupid," she muttered to herself as she peered down toward the forest floor below.  It was indeed stupid, and rather pointless, but she intended to see it through to the end.  As far as she could tell, there were no branches within reach that wouldn't break under her weight, which left only one option if she wanted to get to the top.  She sighed, a bit agitated at having to pull out the risky moves to complete her daily goal, but she would find a way to do it no matter what.  Even if it was impossible, she would do the impossible.

The sylveon leapt from her branch to the nearest flimsy limb, and sure enough, it snapped under her paws within moments.  She reached the two feelers on her head up toward a branch above her and wrapped them around it in order to hold herself up for just a moment longer.  This one seemed to be sturdier, though she could hear it cracking already.  She wrapped her remaining two feelers around the branch and swung her body back, then forward.  She released herself just as the branch snapped, sending her toward another tree that seemed to be sturdier as a whole.  She caught herself on another branch and immediately jumped up to a higher branch just as the one below her snapped.  Her front legs managed to grab onto the higher branch, though it snapped almost immediately.  She was going to lose so much height if she fell, and whatever she landed on was probably going to be painful.

Thinking quickly, Geo pushed off of the tree with her back legs, sending her flying through the air toward a nearby tree.  She managed to catch herself on two limbs that happened to be situated close together by wrapping her feelers around them, and despite them being too flimsy to hold her up alone, they seemed able to do the job together.  "That's what I call teamwork, boys," she jokingly spoke to the two branches as if they were alive before pulling herself up onto them, being careful to evenly distribute her weight all the while.  Her struggle continued, losing almost as much height as she gained for a long while before she finally managed to reach the canopy.  Panting and clinging to a sturdy branch on a tall tree she'd managed to find, she gazed out at the sea of green.

"This is kinda lame," Geo giggled to herself.  "But I did it.  Worth it."  She allowed herself to relax for a moment as she gazed at the forest around her.  Then she realized something.

"...I'm gonna have to climb all the way back down."

» Link to the original bio: https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org/t2681-adopted-by-silver-geo-the-eevee
» Levels of existing characters:
Sova - 84
Krikka - 15
Skylar - 14
Ivirar - 13
Dusk - 12
Keith - 10
Kurai - 10
Fenris - 9
Mei - 9
Sy'rin - 9
Uthinare - 8
Velikye - 8
Firseir - 8
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

Poké : 10615

Adopting Geo the Sylveon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adopting Geo the Sylveon   Adopting Geo the Sylveon EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 4:28 am

Approved.
Back to top Go down

Adopting Geo the Sylveon
Page 1 of 1