Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Slushy Water

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
vonSteakhand

vonSteakhand

Poké : 1441

Slushy Water Empty
PostSubject: Slushy Water   Slushy Water EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 9:13 pm

(OOC: Discussed in this thread.)

It was an idealistic winter's day around Grassveil, with energetic children running about, throwing snowballs and building snowmons. Snow fell gently down from the sky, with each individual flake gradually adding thickness unto the white blanket already atop the ground. The pond itself was beginning to feel the effects of the below freezing temperatures, with most of it being frozen on the surface, bar a few spots of broken ice around the edges from naive pokémon attempting to step onto it.

Most of the pokémon willing to be out in the snow and ice were either biologically inclined to cold weather, or bundled up in blankets and scarves. Clovis, a piplup, while not used to the same artic areas as his ancestors, certainly fell under the former. He had no cold weather clothing on whatsoever, besides a joy ribbon, tied under the 'collar' of his cape-like tail like a string bowtie. Instead, his resistance came from a thick layer of feathers underneath the visible ones on his exterior. He sat on a conveniently located tree stump, finishing off a bagel and admiring the pretty white landscape, with nothing in particular on his mind.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
vonSteakhand

vonSteakhand

Slushy Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slushy Water   Slushy Water EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 4:08 pm

Errmmph. This bagel's a bit on the low-quality side. I suppose they've used up all the good wheat earlier this winter.  The piplup complained, mentally. I suppose that it would be tolerable if I had a bit of butter, but as it stands, I just can't seem to justify eating it! Despite these complaints, he did wind up finishing his last few bites before hearing a vaguely familiar voice from behind him. He turned his head and body around to face them, and saw a kecleon talking about the weather, and about just how cold it was, which he supposed was understandable. Kecleon couldn't produce body heat the same way he did, could they? She mentioned just how weird the weather seemed to her, as if it was her first time seeing anything like it. "Erm, you've never seen snow?" He asked, with a bit of his usual confidence shaken by the fact that the kecleon was just so much larger than him. "I suppose you weren't here last year, then." Or the year before that. He paused and gave the kecleon a looking over. "But, you do look a bit familiar. Are you in the guild?" If she was in the guild, then Clovis would be fairly certain that he knew who this pokémon was.
Back to top Go down
vonSteakhand

vonSteakhand

Slushy Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slushy Water   Slushy Water EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 4:17 am

Clovis sat still, listening to the kecleon speak with a mostly neutral expression on his face. She talked about herself and then talked about herself some more, and then about the guild, and asked Clovis why he had asked about her status in the guild. He began to reply in a formal tone, which was inflected with just a little bit of boredom. "I ask, because I'm fairly certain that we've been acquainted already. If you are indeed the only kecleon in the guild, then you may remember me from a trip you made out into Shadowhue a few weeks ago." Perhaps he was reaching a little with this assumption, but the logic did add up... now if only he could remember her name. He thought back to his trip to the forest, but the exact names he had learned were a bit fuzzy to him. He took a chance and blurted out the first name that came to mind. "Your name was, um, Kimori?" He paused. "Wait, no, your name was Alki, right?" He paused again. No. Clovis dug deeply into his memory, but could not find the proper name to associate with this kecleon, although he could remember that it rhymed with 'Hookah'. Hmmm. He decided that he would wait on her to correct him.
Back to top Go down
vonSteakhand

vonSteakhand

Slushy Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slushy Water   Slushy Water EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 12:05 am

Oh boy. She sure did seem to like talking. Granted, Clovis did too, but not so quickly, and about such trivial subjects. He could see why other 'mons tended to remember her, she had a very vigorous attitude, likely to the point of causing others annoyance. She accused him of being bored at one point, and Clovis widened his eyes in reaction. Was it really so obvious? He listened more attentively to make up for that momentary breach of etiquette. When she was finished talking, Clovis spoke once again, this time making a conscious effort to show interest. "This kind of weather? I'll tell you, it's real lovely to look at. Everyone around seems to really enjoy it!" Now this, the topic of snow, was one he was really interested in. Why, he almost began telling tales of grand snowball fights, of building snowmons and skating around on the ice, but refused to bring up the notion that he himself ever played in snow, for fear of sounding immature. "I- er, those kids really seem to enjoy playing around with it. It's a shame that you didn't get a chance to do any of that in your childhood, hmm?" He said, as though Implying that he wanted Yooka to go through with some sort of action.

Last edited by vonSteakhand on Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vonSteakhand

vonSteakhand

Slushy Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slushy Water   Slushy Water EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 5:00 pm

Clovis turned his head away and his beak towards the sky when Yooka mentioned having an unpleasant childhood. Both of them seemed keen to avoid the subject, although it seemed like Yooka's reasoning was to avoid painful memories, whereas Clovis just wasn't particularly fond of listening to others get angsty. Now, the subject of snow, and what pokémon did with it? Now that was a good topic. He answered her question swiftly and eagerly. "They are having a 'snowball fight', Yooka." He got up off the stump. "Here, I'll show you." The piplup bent down, and using his two flippers, rolled up a bit of snow into a ball. "This is a 'snowball'." He held it out in front of Yooka, gesturing for her to take it. "In a 'snowball fight', you throw these at someone else, and they'll throw them at you." He explained, with the excitement in his voice almost completely unhidden. He took a step back, and tried to gauge just how much of this Yooka was getting.
Back to top Go down
vonSteakhand

vonSteakhand

Slushy Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slushy Water   Slushy Water EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 1:35 am

Clovis frowned at Yooka's refusal to participate in any sort of activities in the snow. He frowned even more at her long-winded way of describing snow and the things pokémon did with it. His expression turned all sulky, almost childishly so. Aww, you're no fun. His dignified demeanor was slipping quite a bit. Yooka dismissed the subject, and asked him for his name, which he didn't believe he had mentioned, at least not since they met back in Shadowhue. But, after that she referred to him as a... peep? Perhaps this was a reference to the sound birds make. The piplup tilted his head, in confusion. Yooka seemed to regret saying this, so the implications were likely unpleasant. Whatever she meant, Clovis just shook his head, and spoke up to dismiss the 'peep' business and answer her question. "...Anywho, my name is Clovis. I am a 'piplup', not a... 'peep'." Whatever that meant.
Back to top Go down
vonSteakhand

vonSteakhand

Slushy Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slushy Water   Slushy Water EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 4:23 pm

(OOC: Ooh, I just noticed. I'm really digging that shiny new cyan username.)

Clovis narrowed his eyes when he saw Yooka smirking and putting her hand to her face. Was she mocking him? Was there some sort of joke that he wasn't in on? The piplup wasn't sure. He puffed out his chest and paid careful attention to her words, to ensure that she would not make any effort to further disparage him. Her first few words were true and inarguable. He was indeed a piplup, the first of the empoleon line, and he was alone, although he wasn't really sure what difference it made. Then, she made a very lovely assumption- and specifically asked if he was of a higher class. Clovis straightened his spine and somehow managed to puff his chest out even more, all the while sticking his beak up to where he would have been looking down upon the kecleon, if now for the fact that the height difference made that impossible. When he spoke, he did so with gusto and pride. "I...heh certainly wouldn't call myself a peasant, if that's what you mean." This statement wasn't a total lie. He did indeed possess an above average education, and his parents did own some land, but his home was modest, and he had no traceable connections to any sort of titled nobility, foreign or domestic. If he were being completely honest, the best way of describing his standing would be, 'materialistic commoner'. Not like that was going to stop his aspirations of social mobility.

For a moment, it looked like the kecleon wasn't paying attention. He clapped his flippers together to get her back on track and focused on what was important. "Let me tell you of birthrights and glory, Yooka." He kept his gaze on the kecleon, to make sure she was still paying attention. "You see, Yooka, there's a reason why empoleon are known as the 'emperor pokémon'. Plainly, they... we, are a species of high class simply by our lineage alone!" He looked up towards the sky. "I could sit here and talk of the ancient empoleon all day." He stopped his speech for a moment, with a consideration of some real, current circumstances. "...But I doubt you have time for a story session, what with as busy as you must be in the guild. What is that like, anyway? Working with them. What sort of work do they have you doing?"
Back to top Go down
vonSteakhand

vonSteakhand

Slushy Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slushy Water   Slushy Water EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 2:29 am

The prospect of joining the Grassveil Guild was always one Clovis had considered, although not one he had taken an effort to deliver. Truthfully, there really didn't seem to be many other opportunities in those days. The police department wasn't hiring, the Feather Café was shut down for renovations... Outside of the guild, there just wasn't much a young pokémon could do with their lives that didn't involve becoming a farmer or a laborer. There were, of course, plenty of other settlements across the continent which he could look in instead, but distance was an important factor in eliminating most of those.

He spoke up, reasoning that he might as well build this bridge while he had the opportunity. "You know what, that would be great. The guild sounds like a fair and steady line to get into. While I'm not one to rush headfirst into commitments, if I ever do wind up filling out the forms and joining up as young 'mons are so often inclined to do these days, I would appreciate the endorsement."

(Grassveil Guild is a sort of "safe" path for a first character, isn't it? I'll probably have Clovis join up with it pretty soon; It's a lot easier to progress if you're on the "inside", you know?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Slushy Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slushy Water   Slushy Water Empty

Back to top Go down

Slushy Water
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next