Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Character Help

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
connortavarin

Poké : 0

Character Help Empty
PostSubject: Character Help   Character Help EmptyFri Dec 16, 2016 2:22 am

Hello everyone. I usually dislike asking for help when it comes to thinking of a character to play but I just can't decide on what I'd want to play as. As cliched as it sounds I oftentimes play the nice guy character, typically of an elegant or distinguished demeanor. Either that or the shy and extremely insecure guy who needs a bit of a kick to really get going. I've mused the idea of Mienfoo or Joltik, but I'd love to hear suggestions as well. As for types, I really like Psychic, Fighting, Bug, and Grass. The occasional Dark Type is fun too.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Evana

Evana

Poké : 7570

Character Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Help   Character Help EmptyFri Dec 16, 2016 10:23 pm

Letting you know that Riolu is banned for there being too many on the site already.

I think Pokemon based on cats would do pretty well for the elegant or distinguished manner personality. You also have humanoid Pokemon and others that could fit in that. Fighting types don't really watch this, but nothing against a fighting type with an elegant fighting style *cough* Mienshao *cough*

The shy and insecure one is a character I see a lot. I have one myself. I think it would be pretty interesting to pick a Pokemon that is supposed to be strong but doesn't believe he is at all and loses fights because of his insecurities. A lot of Pokemon can fall under that.

Or you can throw cliche out of the window and make a character with severe lack of empaty and wouldn't care if their friends died. Wait, maybe this is also cliche.
Back to top Go down
Sceptile

Sceptile

Poké : 3810

Character Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Help   Character Help EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 4:16 pm

Be careful if you do end up making a shy character; there's a ton of them on the site, and they can sometimes come off as a bit uncreative. Also, keep in mind that it's a bit harder to get RPs going when your character doesn't have good social skills.

The idea of making a character with an "elegant" or "distinguished" demeanour seems a bit more interesting in my opinion. Mienfoo would work well with this, especially considering its robed appearance and the effeminate nature of its evolution... Also, it would really go against the tendency of fighting types to have wild, aggressive personalities.

And as Evana said, any cat-like Pokemon would work equally well with that concept (perhaps an Espurr?).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Character Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Help   Character Help Empty

Back to top Go down

Character Help
Page 1 of 1