Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Character Help??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Character Help?? Empty
PostSubject: Character Help??   Character Help?? EmptyWed May 06, 2015 8:42 pm

I've never had this much trouble with creating a character before. >_<;;
Alright so I'm trying to debate with myself on whether my character should be a Meowth or a Venipede. I like both cats and creepy crawlies, they're both amazing Pokemon...but, well, it's just hard to choose between the two, in my opinion.

Any suggestions? ;v;
Back to top Go down
Blade12

Blade12

Poké : 1360

Character Help?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Help??   Character Help?? EmptyWed May 06, 2015 8:50 pm

Looking at your character there's something I'd like to mention, first characters can't be outlaws.
Back to top Go down

Character Help?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Help??   Character Help?? EmptyWed May 06, 2015 11:30 pm

Oh really?...Now, where does it say that?
Back to top Go down
Blade12

Blade12

Poké : 1360

Character Help?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Help??   Character Help?? EmptyWed May 06, 2015 11:33 pm

In the character bio template. I've seen bio's decline because of this before, don't believe me, ask the admins.
Back to top Go down

Character Help?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Help??   Character Help?? EmptyThu May 07, 2015 1:03 am

Oh...indeed, it does.

welp, there goes my motivation...
Back to top Go down

Character Help?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Help??   Character Help?? EmptyThu May 07, 2015 1:07 am

i can help you, if you want c: do you want to take it to pms or skype or something?
Back to top Go down

Character Help?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Help??   Character Help?? EmptyThu May 07, 2015 1:59 am

PM would be fine ^.^
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

Poké : 1760

Character Help?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Help??   Character Help?? EmptyThu May 07, 2015 2:13 am

Yes, first characters cannot be outlaws due to outlaws being difficult to rp with since...well they're outlaws. They're not really the best crowd to get along with. When you get a second char, you can turn your first character into an outlaw by doing some sorta outlawish act.

Sorry I was unable to respond immediately, my schedule's pretty full for this week and next week.
Back to top Go down

Character Help?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Help??   Character Help?? EmptyThu May 07, 2015 2:27 am

Dracorexion wrote:
Yes, first characters cannot be outlaws due to outlaws being difficult to rp with since...well they're outlaws. They're not really the best crowd to get along with. When you get a second char, you can turn your first character into an outlaw by doing some sorta outlawish act.

Sorry I was unable to respond immediately, my schedule's pretty full for this week and next week.

Thank you for your response...but my character, well, to be honest the 'outlaw' rank was kind of a misunderstanding. My character is still very young and didn't mean to commit the crimes. Currently she is trying to do good deeds for other Pokemon to lift off this labeling, such as completing missions and giving her money that she saves up for charity. Would this work?

Please let it work...I don't wanna start all over on my character from scratch. I put a lot of thought into her.
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

Character Help?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Help??   Character Help?? EmptySat May 09, 2015 1:43 am

No, any character labeled outlaw cannot become an explorer of the guild and cannot remove the outlaw label. Unless an admin says otherwise, your idea cannot be approved.
Back to top Go down

Character Help?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Help??   Character Help?? EmptySun May 10, 2015 9:09 pm

Dracorexion wrote:
No, any character labeled outlaw cannot become an explorer of the guild and cannot remove the outlaw label. Unless an admin says otherwise, your idea cannot be approved.

May I ask...why is that? I mean, why it is impossible for a character to outlive their outlaw label, even if they're still just a little kid? Would it mess with or effect the roleplay system in any way? Is there a valid reason on why this idea is not acceptable?
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

Character Help?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Help??   Character Help?? EmptyMon May 11, 2015 1:44 am

From my understanding, the reason first chars not being outlaws is simply because outlaws aren't a desirable bunch to roleplay with. Explorers will normally attempt to apprehend them, and normal Pokemon will attempt to avoid them. Other outlaws may even attempt to steal from or beat the other outlaw.

Now why an outlaw character cannot be lifted of its status, I do not know the exact answer. However, I can assume it is for meta reasons. For example, if someone becomes frustrated at the lack of roleplays that actually finish due to their char becoming an outlaw, they may suddenly attempt changing their char's affiliation to a wanderer, shopkeep, or explorer with little to no reason why the character itself would actually change.

Another reason is because of something dealing with the Sacred Lands. Those dungeons are off limits to all characters who are not a high exploration rank. If someone happens to look through a thread there and find an item they really really want, they may have their char suddenly switch affiliations to get into a guild and work to getting to the rank needed to enter the Sacred Lands. Again, no consideration is really given to why the character itself would change.

If you truly wish to have this char, I would highly suggest saving it as a second character and discussing with the admins on if this is viable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Character Help?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Help??   Character Help?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Character Help??
Page 1 of 1