Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Prologue: Arrival of the Bard

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Prologue: Arrival of the Bard Empty
PostSubject: Prologue: Arrival of the Bard   Prologue: Arrival of the Bard EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:45 am

The usual hubbub of Grassveil Town was interrupted by a peculiar sight. A Buizel cloaked in green was playing a rather upbeat tune on his bronze flute. A slight spring was in his step as he wandered over to a stone near the town's plaza. After a few moments, the final notes played as the young bard began to open his eyes. He saw a few of the townsfolk's children clapping and cheering at the young lad's performance. "Good day to you all, sirs and ladies!" the visitor suddenly spoke, "My name is Sam, I am but a humble bard in search of folk to whom I may perform. I have also heard rumour of a guild whose purpose is providing aid to those in need."
The bard stood up and glanced across the group of commonfolk, "Could someone, perchance, direct me to said guild and inform me with how one can join?"
The young bard, Sam, waits for a response from the commoners.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: Arrival of the Bard   Prologue: Arrival of the Bard EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 1:02 pm

"...What?" Tom the Totodile stared at the Buizel, bewildered. "Erm... Why are you speaking like that? You're awesome at playing the flute, mind you, but I don't think I've heard anyone speak like you. At all." Tom coughed. "Anyway, yeah there's a guild nearby. It's down the path to the Shadowhue Forest; I could show you there, if you'd like. I'm actually a member of it, albeit a new one."

(I didn't realize this was open. Next time you make an open topic, make sure to write (Open) in the title. It isn't a rule or anything, but most people prepare who they RP with beforehand, so if it doesn't say (Open) in the title, it's assumed that it's private)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: Arrival of the Bard   Prologue: Arrival of the Bard EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 11:21 pm

"Splendid!" The Buizel clapped his hands together and picked up his belongings, "lead the-" he pauses one moment to clear his throat, "lead the way, kind chap."

As the Totodile led Sam toward the guild, the two struck up a conversation,"So, good fellow, you say you are from this town's guild? How long have you been here? What's your story, young friend?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: Arrival of the Bard   Prologue: Arrival of the Bard EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 11:56 pm

"Erm... I kinda just joined the guild. I'm in a team called the 'turquoise trinity'; it consists of me, an Oshwott, and a Gilgar - the leader. We haven't actually done any missions yet, though." He glanced curiously at the bard. "So... What's your story? I don't think I've ever seen a bard before, especially not here in Grassveil. Did you travel here on foot?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: Arrival of the Bard   Prologue: Arrival of the Bard EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 2:21 am

"Quite otherwise! I come from far overseas, in a land where no one lives in anguish. Since birth, I've taken hold of this charm that always warmed the hearts of the locals." Sam stops for a moment and looks into his reflection in the flute, "I've heard tales of places nowhere close to as fortunate as my home. Even places where even a faint smile is a great rarity..." He smiles and looks at the sky, "For that reason, I left my humble home; in order to discover such places and restore the prosperity and happiness they deserve."
Sam pauses as he notices a half-buried 10P coin on the ground. He says as he picks it up, "Of course, a small bit of fortune here and there wouldn't hurt either." A small chuckle passes through the Buizel's lips as he and the fresh guild member continued their walk and their conversation.

(The coin he found was my post money, not a freebie)

Last edited by Smashfan56 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Verification of non-cheating)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: Arrival of the Bard   Prologue: Arrival of the Bard EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 11:19 am

Tom smiled, unsure of what to say. "Er, right. That's... nice. I suppose. I've never heard of any place like yours; the only other towns I've heard of are Riverfront and Aileron. Hell, I didn't even know that other civilized places existed at all, though I always thought that it was possible." The duo continued walking down the path. "Y'know, the way you speak is a bit like how those guys in old books read. It's almost as if you're from a different century. Like I'm talking back in time." Tom chuckled.

(Don't worry about explaining away how you get each Poke. Either way, you only get Poke (outside of the 10 Poke per post) by having it donated to you through a mod.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: Arrival of the Bard   Prologue: Arrival of the Bard EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 12:01 am

"Not many know of where I came from, upon maintaining peace, and need I mention decorum, it hasn't developed much at all, hence our seclusion."
Sam turned to face the young Totodile and chuckled a bit, "Forgive me, on I prattle about my own story when I haven't even asked your name. My full name is Samstron the Second, feel free to call me Sam if you'd like. What's yours?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: Arrival of the Bard   Prologue: Arrival of the Bard EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 12:10 am

"Tom. No title or anything, just Tom." The Totodile coughed, somewhat embarrassed at his short and generic name. "So, er, why're you going to the guild? Do you plan to join, or do you want to request a mission or something?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: Arrival of the Bard   Prologue: Arrival of the Bard EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 2:43 am

"Ah, pleasure to meet you, Tom. Yes, my goal is to enroll in the guild and bring peace and joy wherever I may go."
Sam took a moment to wipe some sweat off his brow, "How much further is this guild, Tom old chap?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: Arrival of the Bard   Prologue: Arrival of the Bard EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 12:14 pm

"Erm... Not far, actually. You can actually see it right there." He pointed the building out. "But you do realize that the guild is an exploration guild right? While we love helping others and stuff, our primary goal is to find out more about the world around us."

Tom honestly didn't know what to make of Sam. He was nice, and obviously meant well, but he was a bit... pretentious, considering that he (seemed to) believe that everywhere outside his homeland was unfortunate. He gave of the feeling of someone who would destroy the hard work of those who lived here to make Grassveil similar to his 'fortunate' home without realizing that what he was doing was wrong.
Tom shook his head, as if shaking off all the pessimistic thoughts he had.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: Arrival of the Bard   Prologue: Arrival of the Bard EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 10:21 pm

"Ah! Wonderful, after you."
As Tom and Sam walked through the guild's entrance, Sam felt rather conflicted with himself. As a young Buizel, he barely new much at all about the rest of the world. This was the first time he stepped foot outside of his homeland. Everything he told Tom was the truth, but he phrased it so that his top goal was world peace, something he thought would click well with his overall reputation. But the look of uncertainty in Tom's eyes told him that this wasn't the right move to make. Looking back, Sam wondered if he was talking down on Grassveil Town's peaceful lifestyle. At that thought, Sam's smile faltered a bit as a wash of guilt flooded his mind. He wanted to make some friends, and what he did may not have been the right way to do so. Living in a secluded "paradise" with no development or foreign interaction meant that Sam lived most of his life knowing everyone. Here, everyone was a complete stranger to him and vice-versa. He didn't know at all how Tom would react if he told him the bigger reason he left his home.
True, Sam did want peace and prosperity throughout where he went, but he also wanted something more. Something he couldn't do easily without the Guild's assistance.
Sam wanted to see the world.

<End of Prologue. To be continued @ the Guild>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: Arrival of the Bard   Prologue: Arrival of the Bard Empty

Back to top Go down

Prologue: Arrival of the Bard
Page 1 of 1