Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

To Edge or Not to Edge

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Poké : 9495

To Edge or Not to Edge Empty
PostSubject: To Edge or Not to Edge   To Edge or Not to Edge EmptyFri May 06, 2016 8:22 am

The marsh was looking awfully marshy on this day of days, completely normal in every way.  It was a marsh, as usual.  There were cattails covering the area, which made it difficult to navigate, even in the more open areas.  Being in a fluctuating body of water with plants that were taller than many 'mon likely wasn't very appealing to most, but then there were the few who didn't care.  There was one such individual who had made his way to the area, and while he hadn't intended to end up in some marsh, he wasn't complaining.  The only thing that really worried him was that it looked like it was going to be getting dark soon, which meant he would need to sleep eventually.  The idea of sleeping in the marshy water wasn't particularly appealing to him for some odd reason.

A black glaceon waded through the water, talking to himself as he went along.  The area he was in reached his neck, but it felt kind of warm, so he didn't mind.  In fact, he wanted to find a deeper area and see if he could swim in it!  He was bored and making no effort to hide it, hoping that someone would come along to entertain him.  However, even he could see that the area he was in didn't seem to be particularly popular.  Plus, it was getting dark, so a lot of things would probably be going to sleep!  Sure, maybe to someone else, the solution would have been to turn around and head back the way they had come.  However, to him, it just meant he would just have to wander through this potentially dangerous landscape until he found something fun.

"I wonder if this goes against Rule Five....  Naaah...." Fenris spoke idly to himself, contemplating his decision.
It was fairly easy to make up an excuse to keep going: why not?  He hadn't found company where he had previously been, and he wasn't currently finding company, so the only solution was to keep going forward until he fixed that.  "Besides, I'm supposed to be social!  Can't be social if I don't find someone to be social with."
He was being awfully loud; the opposite of cautious.  Fear wasn't quite something that registered in his mind, and while he was in a particularly sane mood, he still wasn't overly sensible.

While the coming darkness would threaten to shroud him from view among water and cattails, nothing could truly "hide" him.
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

Poké : 1760

PostSubject: Re: To Edge or Not to Edge   To Edge or Not to Edge EmptySat May 07, 2016 2:27 am

(21 energy)

Gauel sighed to himself as he walked through the marsh again. This was his second or third time being here since he moved into the nearby Rainfront town. He'd also begun working for Iva at the Steamrise inn. He huffed at the thought that he let himself stick around there. The Poochyena was still a great annoyance to the Grovyle, and if it weren't for Chiyako, Gauel would certainly have attempted killing the Dark type again. And again. And again...

He shook his head of the thought. He came here to forget, relax, and see if there were anything interesting going on. So he did just that, wading through the currently knee-deep water he was in looking around for something to do. The sunset reflected on the darkening water around Gauel, giving it an orange, glossy look. It was then that Gauel saw something as dark as the water cutting across the light of the sun. If it weren't for the white and blue eyes, the Grovyle would have thought it as nothing more than some debris floating down the water slowly.

Now came the question of approaching it or not. He might end up in a fight, not that he'd mind that. Something to let off steam would work out just fine for him. So long as it didn't kill him. "Oi!" the Grovyle called out, deciding doing something of interest instead of being cautious was better.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: To Edge or Not to Edge   To Edge or Not to Edge EmptyThu May 12, 2016 10:42 am

The glaceon waded through the water with an oddly cheery demeanor that betrayed what could potentially have been menacing look otherwise, what with the black fur. He had taken to humming to himself in boredom as he enjoyed the sights. The sunset on the water looked nice, or at least it did to him. The fact that he was in a marsh didn't really matter. It was fun to be around water and in a new place, and he even liked how the marsh looked. Despite being alone, he wasn't as bored as he could have been in a less interesting place. However, boredom had still befallen him, so when another voice rang out, he was just thrilled!

He looked to the source of the sound to see some kind of half-tree thing. It looked like it had become one with the marsh. This made him giggle to himself and take a moment to actually respond. "O or I? You can't have both; it's not fair!" he joked, and to him, it was hilarious.
It was so funny, in fact, that he just couldn't help but giggle once more. This giggle turned into a more audible laugh. The laughing would have continued for longer than a few seconds if not for him forgetting about the water all around him as he allowed himself to fall on his side. He splashed into the water and immediately fell silent, having enough sense to not attempt to laugh while submerged in water.

After a moment, Fenris arose from the murky water, spitting some of it out of his mouth and back whence it came. It tasted foul, even to him, but not even that could be a bother. He shook his fur dry and, after a moment, relocated the strange treeman.
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

PostSubject: Re: To Edge or Not to Edge   To Edge or Not to Edge EmptySun May 15, 2016 3:31 am

Gauel approached the black Pokemon after he called out to it. As he approached, though, he heard the Pokemon giggling. Was how he looked? Or what he said? When the giggly thing finally replied, he guessed it was what he said. Though, why it was funny, he hadn't the smallest idea. "Um...what?" the Grovyle asked. He'd have to wait for his answer, seeing how as soon as he asked it the giggly Pokemon began to laugh out more loudly. Then it fell into the water. What have I gotten myself into now, Gauel thought to himself as he waited for the Pokemon to rise up out of the water. "You alright?" he asked once the Pokemon rose back out of the water.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: To Edge or Not to Edge   To Edge or Not to Edge EmptyWed May 18, 2016 1:27 pm

"Me?" Fenris questioned with a tilt of his head, as if the idea of not being alright was foreign to him.
He giggled once more as he waded through the water toward the strange thing.  He didn't care that someone was worried about him; all that mattered was how funny it was that someone was worried about him not being alright!  "I'm always alright!" he responded before dunking under the water.
If the creature was saying anything, he couldn't hear.  Due to his black body, the fading light, and the murky water, he was very difficult to see while completely submerged.  He had no ill intentions for this camouflage, though.

After a moment, the glaceon sprang out from the water to the creature's side, or at least where he remembered the guy being.  "Well, unless I get hurt.  I bleed a lot, so if I get cut or something, I'm usually not alright," he continued casually speaking as if he hadn't just lurked over to his new companion like a creeper.
He didn't care about being hurt or in danger.  It was against the rules of the game, but on a personal level, it didn't matter to him.  "It's called.... homophilia.... I think...."
He was being very dominant over the conversation, though he didn't realize it.  Any attempts made by his new companion to speak would have simply been ignored by him until he was finished speaking.  He was just so excited to have something to do!
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

PostSubject: Re: To Edge or Not to Edge   To Edge or Not to Edge EmptySat May 21, 2016 8:00 am

"Well yeah, you," the Grovyle responded to the Glaceon's question. Gauel wasn't sure who else the Glaceon thought Gauel was talking about. It's not like anyone else was around at the moment. He made no move as the Pokemon began to approach him. If anything the black thing seemed more... quirky than dangerous. "I s'pose tha-" Gauel stopped speaking when the Pokemon dunked back into the murky water. The Grovyle stepped forward slightly, attempting to see the black figure in the dark waters. Gauel had no luck, given that the Pokemon jumped out right behind him from the water.

The Grovyle did a half hop-half skid away, kicking up the mud on the marshy floor and thus making the water murkier than it already was. "Oi, d-" the Grovyle stopped speaking as the Glaceon seemed to continue what he was saying before diving into the water. When he finally finished speaking, the Grovyle had lost his previous thought, given what he had just heard. "Homo...philia? So you're gay?"

Dracorexion carried out 10 launched of one Cattail Marsh :
To Edge or Not to Edge Za4wM8Q , To Edge or Not to Edge 3S8kufQ , To Edge or Not to Edge JpkMrYr , To Edge or Not to Edge JpkMrYr , To Edge or Not to Edge Ehq01DP , To Edge or Not to Edge N4EEdwq , To Edge or Not to Edge 5ilECNW , To Edge or Not to Edge 3S8kufQ , To Edge or Not to Edge M6eEYoG , To Edge or Not to Edge 4twqs0D
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: To Edge or Not to Edge   To Edge or Not to Edge EmptyMon May 23, 2016 7:40 pm

Fenris fell silent and stared blankly for a moment at the accusation of being gay. He knew what the word meant, and he knew it had two meanings, but neither of them really made much sense in the situation. Or at least, not to him. He was talking about blood! Still, he did his best to respond under the assumption that the plant man meant that he was happy. "Yeah, I'm happy. I'm always happy!" he responded with a giggle.
He thought it was quite obvious that he was happy, so it seemed a bit odd that such a thing needed to be stated. However, aside from that, he was still confused about something else.

"But what does that have to do with blood?" he questioned with a tilt of his head.
His behavior had instantly shifted from giggly and uncaring to calm and deeply curious. That wasn't exactly very rare for him, as he was a child with a short attention span. His odd behavior definitely wasn't because of less innocent things, such as insanity. Regardless, all that mattered was that he would probably lose interest in the topic even if it couldn't be easily resolved, and the chance of it offending him was.... very low. It wasn't that he was thick-skinned; he just wasn't really able to feel deep offense in most situations.

(Energy - 14)

Lord E V carried out 10 launched of one Cattail Marsh :
To Edge or Not to Edge RmDK5gB , To Edge or Not to Edge TlbkIwb , To Edge or Not to Edge SuzjQzN , To Edge or Not to Edge UsEXtHB , To Edge or Not to Edge 1Nn9M4C , To Edge or Not to Edge XeCevaX , To Edge or Not to Edge UsEXtHB , To Edge or Not to Edge BWjrBHO , To Edge or Not to Edge SuzjQzN , To Edge or Not to Edge DZNZaz3
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

PostSubject: Re: To Edge or Not to Edge   To Edge or Not to Edge EmptyThu May 26, 2016 4:39 am

(3 energy)

"No, no, the other kind of gay," he said, "and I don't know, you're the one saying that being gay makes you bleed more." The Grovyle was confused himself, the Glaceon had just said he was homo-philis? Philin? Feeling? Did he mean homo feeling and just trip over his words? It made the most sense to Gauel, seeing as how he'd never even knew bleeding a lot had its own word. Granted it wasn't homophilic, but the Grovyle didn't know that. He'd never needed to know that.

"But nevermind, what're ya doing here? If ya bleed so easily, why would ya go into a dungeon?" the Grovyle asked, attempting to speak back up before the Glaceon could. Best to try and leave this subject before someone may get offended.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: To Edge or Not to Edge   To Edge or Not to Edge EmptySat May 28, 2016 1:21 am

Fenris still didn't understand why the strange man was misunderstanding what he was saying.  He bled a lot, and that was all he was trying to say!  If he were to get a cut, it could be life-threatening!  Perhaps someone of a more.... normal mentality would have been a bit more persistent against an obviously forced topic change, but his attention span was small enough that the second his new friend spoke up, he ceased caring about what they'd previously been talking about.  Why was he here?  He'd just kinda wandered around, looking for something to sate his boredom, and now here he was!

"I'm bored.  You can bleed, but you're here too, because you're bored too!" he responded, ignoring the fact that his own bleeding issues were considerably worse than normal.
He then waded through the water in a half-circle around his new social buddy to get a good view of him before speaking up once more.  "Uh, at least.... I think you can bleed?  You can bleed, right?"
He paused for just a moment before creeping a bit closer and continuing: "I should see if you can bleed...."
He didn't quite realize that what he was saying was kind of a threat, and he certainly didn't intend for it to come off as such.  He was just getting a bit carried away.
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

PostSubject: Re: To Edge or Not to Edge   To Edge or Not to Edge EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 2:45 am

That was... a simple answer. Even for Gauel. "Yeah bu-" he was about to respond until the Glaceon began to circle him. The Grovyle turned his head, his eyes following the black Pokemon. While he hadn't posed a threat yet, Gauel wasn't really liking the idea of having him right behind him. "Yeah I c- Whoa whoa whoa! Nu-uh. I do bleed, and I don't need you checking!" His sentence started out as a simple response, until the unnervingly idle threat came out of the Glaceon's mouth. The Grovyle spun himself to face the ice type, his eyes narrowed and his claws twitching on the off chance the Pokemon attempted to attack him.

Gauel truly hadn't expected a threat like that from the Pokemon. He was odd, yes, but until now he seemed, well, just odd. It didn't help that the Grovyle wasn't even sure of the Pokemon's strength. Though, given by what he's said, Gauel could probably assume one or two hits and the Glaceon would be out due to bleeding.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: To Edge or Not to Edge   To Edge or Not to Edge EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 3:54 pm

Fenris tilted his head at the somewhat-frantic reaction of Guy. He was confused as to what was wrong with checking to see if someone could bleed. After all, it wasn't like he was threatening to attack someone or anything like that! Regardless, he wasn't going to try and push it: he'd just take the guy's word for it. He simply giggled as a response and backed away a bit to give his new friend's space back. If they could both bleed, that meant they'd have to be careful not to get cut! Although, even though he was considerably crazy, he still understood that others didn't bleed like him and thus small scratches normally weren't a big deal.

Now that they had who could and couldn't bleed established, the black glaceon decided formal introductions were in order! "So, what's your name? And.... what are you?" he questioned as he continued to look over the body of the creature before him.
He wasn't particularly knowledgeable on such things, so he had no clue what a grovyle was. In fact, he knew relatively little about most things. Even motion, which he had a gift in memorizing, was something he was not particularly skilled in. He just barely knew how to move well enough to not instantly die in a bad situation.
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

PostSubject: Re: To Edge or Not to Edge   To Edge or Not to Edge EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 8:47 am

Gauel stayed ready for battle as the Glaceon backed off, watching him for a moment in silence before he finally relaxed. "Gauel, and I'm a Grovyle," he responded. The idle threat the Glaceon made still bothered Gauel. Was he just playing around, or was the Glaceon actually serious on it? With how odd the ice type was acting, Gauel couldn't quite tell. Gauel couldn't even tell if the Glaceon took anything seriously. He casually admitted to being prone to bleeding badly and being gay, if that really counted for anything, yet just as casually threw in that threat.

"And your's?" Gauel asked, not wanting to seem rude for not asking. At the very least, he might as well try to play nice with the ice type for the time being. He was the only Pokemon Gauel had seen as of yet, and given Gauel's luck he'd be stuck with the Glaceon for the rest of his exploration.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: To Edge or Not to Edge   To Edge or Not to Edge EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 9:39 am

Gauel.  Grovyle.  Grovyle?  "Grow.... vile...." Fenris muttered to himself as he tried to memorize the new species he'd just learned of.
He liked learning new things, especially when they were about tree-lizards.  The species was of more interest to him than the grovyle's name, though that didn't mean he wasn't going to do his best to keep both in mind.  Now it seemed it was his turn to talk about himself, which he was more than happy to do.  "I'm Fenris!  My dad liked weird names," he giggled, happily acknowledging that his name was a bit odd.
The brief mention of his father was made almost absentmindedly, failing to provoke any noteworthy memory of the leafeon.

Rather than allow the grovyle to take a turn steering the conversation, Fenris simply kept on talking.  "And I'm a.... uh...." he paused and looked down at himself as if in search for some kind of clue. "Ice.... glace.... glaceon!  I'm that!" he proudly proclaimed after a bit of difficulty remembering what he was.
Such unimportant details had a tendency to flutter in and out of his mind.  "Oh, but most of them don't look like me.  I'm extra-cool!" he continued to explain in likely-unnecessary detail before ending off with an ice pun.

Because he was an Ice-type.

To him, that was funny.
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

PostSubject: Re: To Edge or Not to Edge   To Edge or Not to Edge EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 4:27 am

Gauel nodded at the Glaceon's mutterings, just barely able to hear the "vile" bit, assuming the ice type was putting the species name to memory. Gauel would've assumed his species weren't too rare, given the amount back home, but that was neither here nor there, as the Glaceon spoke his own name.

"Fenri-" he caught himself, letting off a slight cough as he found the Glaceon continuing to speak. When Fenris paused, Gauel just about spoke up to help, only for the Glaceon to get it himself. The Grovyle frowned slightly at Fenris not remembering what he was. How could someone not know what Pokemon they were?

Then Fenris decided to make a pun, which Gauel couldn't help but smirk at. "Heh, yeah, aren't Glaceon supposed to be white or blue? Did you get dyed in Grassveil?" the Grovyle asked. He wasn't sure on the Glaceon's choice of color. Sure, at night he might as well be invisible, but he stood out like an Alolan Exeggcutor in Kanto when daylight was out. As he asked, Gauel hadn't even noticed the pair of Greninja and Frogadier that had silently walked up behind him, listening in on the pair.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: To Edge or Not to Edge   To Edge or Not to Edge EmptyWed Nov 30, 2016 11:41 pm

Oblivious to anything and everything in their surroundings, Fenris continued on with the conversation, happy to explain his coloration. "I've never heard of a white one... but I've never heard of a black one either, besides me! The normal colors are uh... blue and... sometimes really light blue. I think. But usually just normal blue. Oh, but I'm not dyed! I don't have money for that," he giggled cheerily as he explained his situation.
He truly didn't know his own species too well, but he at least knew what they normally looked like. He knew he still hadn't answered the tree-lizard-man's entire question, but he wasn't really sure what to say about the last part.

His parents had told him about his condition, sure, but his memories were hazy at best and even then, he had never had it explained to him in detail. "It's like... a thing. Melon... something. Melon disorder! Probably. It makes me look all black and stuff," he did his best to explain his situation using his childish mind and vague memories.
The disorder was not called "melon disorder," but he couldn't remember the name. It wasn't uncommon for him to have trouble remembering small things due to his mind moving a bit fast. Plus, he just lacked proper interest in "important" knowledge unless he also deemed it to be "fun."

(Fk u, shiny glaceon isn't white. We've been over this.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Edge or Not to Edge   To Edge or Not to Edge Empty

Back to top Go down

To Edge or Not to Edge
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next