Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Adding Extra Move Slots to the Site - [Poll]

Go down 
+4
Jax
FoxFireAlchemist
Lord E V
Solilo
8 posters

Should extra move slots be implemented? And if so, how many slots should be the maximum?
No Change
Adding Extra Move Slots to the Site - [Poll] I_vote_lcap14%Adding Extra Move Slots to the Site - [Poll] I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
6 Slot Maximum
Adding Extra Move Slots to the Site - [Poll] I_vote_lcap55%Adding Extra Move Slots to the Site - [Poll] I_vote_rcap
 55% [ 12 ]
8 Slot Maximum
Adding Extra Move Slots to the Site - [Poll] I_vote_lcap31%Adding Extra Move Slots to the Site - [Poll] I_vote_rcap
 31% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 22

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Poké : 290

Adding Extra Move Slots to the Site - [Poll] Empty
PostSubject: Adding Extra Move Slots to the Site - [Poll]   Adding Extra Move Slots to the Site - [Poll] EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 5:49 pm

Howdy peeps! As some of you may or may not know, there was recently a discussion in the Suggestions and Feedback board about move linking and how it could be implemented in the site. The discussion ended up resolving that move linking and combining is already done on the site without having a specific system in mind, and so that particular argument was put to rest. However, the concept of being able to add extra move slots to characters was then suggested as a means to increase the combinations and move linking that would be possible on the site.

It has been requested that we put the final decision as to whether we include extra move slots to a vote, and so in the poll above you can vote for one of three options;

• No Change
  • 6 Slot Maximum
  • 8 Slot Maximum

If the No Change option were to win, extra move slots would not be implemented into the site and all characters will remain with four moveslots that they can use at will.

If the 6 Slot Maximum option were to win, Two extra move slots would be available to purchase, at a price that would be decided in a later vote.

If the 8 Slot Maximum option were to win, Four extra move slots would be available to purchase, at a price that would be decided in a later vote.

If extra move slots were to be implemented, they would be purchased Out Of Character via the Admin Request thread, similarly to how extra thread slots are already purchased.

Move Slots would cost something between 800 - 1500 poke per slot, though the final prices will be decided in a subsequent poll based on the answer to this poll.

-------------

Various arguments for and against the different numbers of move slots were given in the Suggestions and Feedback thread, which has since been archived. I'll try and outline some of them here.

However, arguments For 6 Slots include accusations that characters might become too overpowered, with 8 slots being too many, and the fact that multiple pokemon don't have more than 16 moves in their total moveset. This argument suggests having up to 8 move slots would allow a pokemon to learn half, or over half of their natural movepool which could be considered too many considering pokemon are normally only able to learn half as many as that. Others suggest that essentially being able to double your available moves seems to be rather excessive.

Conversely, arguments For 8 Slots include that limiting it to only 6 Slots could hamper RPer creativity and having the larger 8 Slots would allow for more potential move combinations. Others have also said that it may not actually be overpowered as the arguments for 6 Slots state, as everyone will have the capability to purchase the extra slots.

Arguments For No Change include the fact that more than four moveslots could be considered unnatural for pokemon as in almost all forms of media, pokemon have been shown to only be able to learn four moves at a time. Four moves is shown to be already balanced, and a tried and tested method of preventing overpowered-ness.

The arguments above are a slightly shortened version of what came up in the discussion thread. I've tried to be as accurate as I can but some points were reiterated more than once in different ways so feel free to correct me if you think I am wrong in any way.

You are also free to discuss the different options in this thread, and I would encourage the opinions of others here as the original thread has been locked and archived. Please note though that if severe arguments break out in this thread, it will be locked and further replies will not be permitted.

Last edited by Solilo on Mon May 16, 2016 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Poké : 9495

PostSubject: Re: Adding Extra Move Slots to the Site - [Poll]   Adding Extra Move Slots to the Site - [Poll] EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 1:00 am

Well, it says opinions are encouraged... 8 slots is losing, but not by as much as I expected, so I have a suggestion. Since it's somewhat close, why not add 7 as an option? Maybe people would want to change their votes to that. I wouldn't have suggested it if there weren't many people who seemed interested in more than 6, but since it's apparently closer than I was aware of, I figured maybe a middle-ground option would garner more appeal from more people. If nothing changes, then so be it, but maybe a lot of people would be more inclined to vote for 7.

If I am being entirely honest, yes, I am suggesting this because I'd like this to end up giving as many move slots as possible. However, I still wouldn't be making such a suggestion if there weren't many people who felt the same way.
Back to top Go down
FoxFireAlchemist
Moderator and Dark Ducklett Priestess
FoxFireAlchemist

Poké : 5045

PostSubject: Re: Adding Extra Move Slots to the Site - [Poll]   Adding Extra Move Slots to the Site - [Poll] EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 1:13 am

I would compromise for 7 xD
Back to top Go down
Jax

Jax

Poké : 2115

PostSubject: Re: Adding Extra Move Slots to the Site - [Poll]   Adding Extra Move Slots to the Site - [Poll] EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 1:19 am

I'd be cool with 7.
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

Poké : 860

PostSubject: Re: Adding Extra Move Slots to the Site - [Poll]   Adding Extra Move Slots to the Site - [Poll] EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 1:34 am

Personally, I would rather vote for no change at all than vote for 7. I feel like 6 is the perfect amount of moves. It's not as restricting as the current game mechanics, it's a nice number, but it's not just doubling the amount of moves, which I feel is just too many to jump to right away.

Plus, I would like to point out that we are already restricted to 4 moves. The argument that sticking with 6 hampers creativity is rather irrelevant as going with 6 is already expanding the amount of moves and thus already increasing the creativity that potentially goes into posts.

Personally, I feel that it's better to take one step at a time. Especially considering how long the argument went on in the original thread. For now, expand it to 6. However, in the future, if people want it to expand further, we can make it 7 or 8 down the line.
Back to top Go down
http://pkmndn2.proboards.com/
Evana

Evana

Poké : 7570

PostSubject: Re: Adding Extra Move Slots to the Site - [Poll]   Adding Extra Move Slots to the Site - [Poll] EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 12:29 pm

I actually agree with Digi on this. 7 is a weird number. We are already expanding on move slots so maybe we should take it one step at a time. We could start with 6 as a maximum and if a lot of people feel there should be more, they could discuss it. But only if they give the 6 slots a try. 8 is actually a lot of moves, and I would be happy with maybe a few extra moves, but I will end up not using some moves if I had 7 or 8 slots.

I know this is all optional. But please, we already had a large enough discussion about this. Let's not try to make things more complicated than it is.
Back to top Go down
Coaster
Backend / Coding Support
Coaster

Poké : 9308

PostSubject: Re: Adding Extra Move Slots to the Site - [Poll]   Adding Extra Move Slots to the Site - [Poll] EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 7:56 pm

Question about this, if implemented. How shall we handle previous learned / skipped moves?

The greedy fool that I am, voted for 8, but definitely willing for 6 since it seems more fair... 8 seems a bit overpowered
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: Adding Extra Move Slots to the Site - [Poll]   Adding Extra Move Slots to the Site - [Poll] EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 9:05 pm

coaster3000 wrote:
Question about this, if implemented. How shall we handle previous learned / skipped moves?

Previously forgotten and skipped moves can be re-learned at the dojo. That won't change.
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

Poké : 1760

PostSubject: Re: Adding Extra Move Slots to the Site - [Poll]   Adding Extra Move Slots to the Site - [Poll] EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 11:32 pm

6 moves win! WHERE DO I BUY EM
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: Adding Extra Move Slots to the Site - [Poll]   Adding Extra Move Slots to the Site - [Poll] EmptyMon May 16, 2016 5:07 pm

The price poll for the new extra move slots is located >>here<<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adding Extra Move Slots to the Site - [Poll]   Adding Extra Move Slots to the Site - [Poll] Empty

Back to top Go down

Adding Extra Move Slots to the Site - [Poll]
Page 1 of 1