Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Calm day?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rezikun

Rezikun

Poké : 9100

Calm day? Empty
PostSubject: Calm day?   Calm day? EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 9:15 am

Noel walked towards the small pond near the town called Grassveil, her bag and black cloak were missing, all she had was her red scarf and joy ribbon tied to her neck and arm respectively. The area was empty save for her at the moment, in her hand she held a small book with no title on the front, Noel looked around once to see if anyone was here, she didn't see anyone and didn't feel like resorting to her Aura sense in order to find someone, 's not like she was doing some illegal. Noel walked to one of the taller trees that gave off a bit of shade and sat down under it.

Noel sat cross legged and opened the small book, she had started from a page in the middle having remembered what page she was on last, it was nice when no one was here talking, in Grassveil she could barely find anywhere that someone wasn't talking about something she didn't care about. Noel just sat there reading near the pond.
Back to top Go down

Calm day? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calm day?   Calm day? EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 9:56 am

Bob really wished he knew how to read well.

When he'd spotted the Lucario next to the small pond, turning the pages of his (her?) book with nary a care in the world, Bob couldn't help but feel a pang of envy. To read those beautiful letters and understand words written by people who he'd never even met - how wonderful that must be.

Alas, Bob had been born and raised by bird Pokemon in the Pecha Forest. He'd never had a chance to learn how to read or write beyond the little snippets his guardian, Ava, had managed to find. Less than a month spent in the town of Grassveil, though helpful, wasn't enough to let him reach an acceptable reading comprehension skill.

Not that he'd ever admit that. He didn't like admitting his weaknesses to himself, let alone other Pokemon.

The Caterpie decided to take some time from his day to bother the Lucario. Nothing beat boredom and envy away like conversations with random strangers, he always said.

"What're you reading?!" He asked from his position across the pond, wriggling his way over to the Lucario.
Back to top Go down
Rezikun

Rezikun

Calm day? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calm day?   Calm day? EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 10:03 am

Noel was focused on learning from this book, it was nothing but theories on Aura uses, the reason for the blank cover was the fact while Noel had it the cover was torn, this was a useful replacement. Noel wasn't to focused on the book and felt another wander into the pond area, she didn't glance up but she did hear a voice ask her a question, since she was the only one here she assumed it was directed at her.

Noel looked up from her book holding her paw so the wind didn't knock away what page she was on, she hadn't checked so that would of been a bad thing. "Nothing special, theories on Aura uses and capabilities." Noel said in her normal neutral tone of voice. Noel never minded talking to strangers, mostly because she doubted there was something she couldn't deal with.
Back to top Go down

Calm day? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calm day?   Calm day? EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 10:34 am

"Aura, huh?" Bob made finally made his way over to the Lucario's tree and laid down on his stomach. "That's the Lucario-Riolu specialty, right? How can there be theories on Aura uses? Wouldn't it be more 'tips and tricks'?"

The caterpie paused, and stretched in that way only a worm could stretch. “No comment on its effectiveness in itself, but I always figured that Aura manipulation was overrated - in comparison with other abilities, at least. Not that it’s bad or anything,” he amended, “it’s just that people know so little that’s actually substantial. Unless Lucario have been hiding everything from the rest of us.”

He tried peering into the book, hoping he’d understand at least a bit of what was written. “I mean, we know it permeates all biological beings. We know that some Pokemon can manipulate it, and it makes attacks powerful, somehow. Mentally, maybe, though if there are any actual studies on it, I’m not aware of them. I’d hypothesize that Pokemon brains generate some physical substance that Lucario can manipulate, and which reflects Pokemons’ thoughts, but that doesn’t explain how you guys can detect trees.” A pause. “You can detect trees, right? Those are biological, after all.”
Back to top Go down
Rezikun

Rezikun

Calm day? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calm day?   Calm day? EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 10:48 am

"It is slightly like a tips and tricks, most of this book is about several uses for Aura and slightly like a guide on certain ideas and ways moves like Aura Sphere can be used, several which include charging it for different lengths in time reducing speed but increasing Power, same with a smaller more penetration type shot." Noel explained, mostly just reading a passage from the part she was on.

"While i cannot argue it's effectiveness as of now i can say a few things, Lucario's have been truly made to be able to manipulate such a force, while we can do this many Lucario's do not even begin to think of how this power even came to be nor why do living things even possess this sort of energy inside of themselves." Noel explained saying that they themselves didn't know much about the force they control, least the ones she had met never knew much.

"A lot of Pokemon have looked into the study as to why others are able to manipulate Aura, according to one book i read the species Medicham has been said to be able to sense Aura after years of mental training, though this may be due to the Medicham's high Psychokinetic energy." Noel said, after the pause she let out a small laugh. "At times no, while a tree is indeed living the amount it shows is little and can hardly be sensed." Noel explained
Back to top Go down

Calm day? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calm day?   Calm day? EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 10:47 am

Bob suppressed a disgusted snort, and turned away from the book. Nope, not a single figure he recognized. God, he wished he could read. “Mental training, psychokinetic, by the legends, does anyone actually know what those words mean beyond really ill-defined definitions? Does mental training mean solving puzzles, or meditating - whatever that means, once more - or trying to gain resistance against psychic attacks or drugs, or what?”

“See, that’s what I’m on about. It’s cool that you’ve figured out how to utilize and alter your aura attacks , but that’s it, isn’t it? It’s an attack, for all of the jargon that’s used in papers surrounding it. Pokemon just pretend that they know everything, like the writers of that book. In practice, though? Aura doesn’t have much versatility, or non-combat usage for aura beyond detection. If there are any other sort of uses, nobody’s studied them in enough detail that they’re willing to talk about it in a book like that. Aura manipulation is overrated”

The Caterpie moved away from the Lucario. “It’s - well, not useless, obviously. You can manipulate something that no Pokemon has any substantial knowledge of, and you can confirm its existence, albeit not its purpose. My point -” What was his point? Ah, yes: “My point is that despite how amazing Aura might be and its potential uses, we don’t know shit about it. Not in the way we know about fire, or water, or wind. No Pokemon except for Lucario can really study it. Even if it can be replicated - and I doubt that the Medicham can distinguish between his own abilities and aura - it’d be too difficult to study substantially.”

Bob nodded. “Studying Aura is a good thing. But right now, what people are doing is pretending that they know about Aura, and selling books on tips and tricks like they know what they’re talking about. The usage of Aura, as it exists right now, is overrated. Useless for all but combat and maybe some form of security.”

Bob paused. “So, uh… Right, I didn’t get your name. I’m Bob.”

OOC:
Back to top Go down
Rezikun

Rezikun

Calm day? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calm day?   Calm day? EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 2:48 am

"Actually we have come a long way with the study of Aura, some things that have been learned include the fact that pulse moves like dragon pulse and water pulse are related to the same force Aura." Noel said, that wasn't basic study material right there but she felt that would get the point across good. "There is also a technique where you can transfer your Aura to another, though that is fatal for even the strongest of Lucario's." Noel said knowing that wasn't a attack.

"It's also the life force of everything that is living, and it can be used by various other Pokemon, not just Lucario's can use this, they just happen to have a natural affinity for those types of techniques, which is why it is mostly us who study these." Noel said closing her book. Noel knew it was slightly hard to study this, not impossible but slightly harder then fire.

"While we may not know everything about Aura if we choose to focus on things we already know plenty about, well then things would go no where." Noel said, sure studying, Fire ice or even the new Fairy would be good but if they looked at something they knew nothing about, maybe they'd find something new under all the questions.
Back to top Go down

Calm day? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calm day?   Calm day? EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 10:23 am

"See, all you're doing is pointing out examples of how Aura can be used! How does that relate to the world surrounding Aura?" Bob was starting to get a little bit frustrated. He'd thought that the Lucario (whose name he STILL hadn't gotten) seemed like a cool dude, but she didn't get it! "I mean, good, we've figured out that it's related to pulse attacks. Brilliant. How does that relate to the real world?

"Fire can be controlled. We know that it requires fuel and oxygen and emits heat, and we know that heat is used for myriad things like cooking food or fueling other things. We know how it interacts with the world around us, and - most importantly - how we can predict it to some extent. The same can't really be said for Aura - and people don't really seem to be trying to find out."

Bob finished his rant by grinning. "Overrated, I tell you. Impressive, and it's unique, but overrated as all hell. I'd take fire, water or grass any day. You know it, I know it, stop defending such a crappy field of 'science'."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Calm day? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calm day?   Calm day? Empty

Back to top Go down

Calm day?
Page 1 of 1