Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Character Creation Help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
darknessdawn

darknessdawn

Poké : 220

Character Creation Help Empty
PostSubject: Character Creation Help   Character Creation Help EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:45 am

So, I'll start with some basic info. Since I have almost no experience creating cheerful characters, I don't know how to do it. Things that are crossed out have already been dealt with.

I need some advice and info.
Okay, first something that I'm legitimately not sure how to apply on this site: His Ability, Unburden. I didn't want Overgrow, I have the hardest time using it in games due to the requirements for activation. I just don't like any of those Abilities that give a boost at critical HP. Besides, literally every Grass-Type Starter has that Ability, and I wanted something different.
Second: Part of the character concept is that he enjoys gardening. I didn't really have any real explanation, so I made a note that I tend to imagine Grass-Types as gardeners. It's just one of my quirks with Pokemon OCs. Unfortunately, I need an explanation for this. "He likes gardening because he's good with plants" seems a bit too much like "He's good at something so he likes it". I don't like that reasoning. I'm good at math, but I despise it.
I already elaborated a bit on why he doesn't like harsh sunlight on the updated bio. He doesn't hate it, per say, it's just not something he likes.
Now, his personality. I'm not used to creating cheerful characters, so I was clueless how to do one.
Next, his history. It's intentionally vague, since most of my characters have tragic backstories.
Finally, his name. Leaf. It's a pun off of Leif Erickson, and I love using it for Grass-Type Pokemon. However, I will admit it's uncreative. Any advice?

Link to the Application if needed: https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org/t5817-leaf-the-treecko

Last edited by darknessdawn on Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FoxFireAlchemist
Moderator and Dark Ducklett Priestess
FoxFireAlchemist

Poké : 5045

Character Creation Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Creation Help   Character Creation Help EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:15 pm

Hello! ^^

I wouldn't mind helping you out if you'd like, but it seems like you have a lot of concerns. What I'd recommend is that you open a piratepad and paste your bio into it, and then we can go through step by step and address all your issues. Keep checking this thread for advice from other site members, though ^^

Here's the front page for PiratePad:
http://piratepad.net/front-page/
Back to top Go down

Character Creation Help
Page 1 of 1