Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Super

Go down 
+2
Jax
Kat
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Jax

Jax

Poké : 2115

Super - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Super   Super - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 5:42 am

First topic message reminder :

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Poké : 9495

Super - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super   Super - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 12:46 am

Sera responded with words and not melting the elevator or exploding or something. Good, step up from the worst. At that, she seemed willing to talk. What a relief. Finn contemplated to say, hoping to find the right words to persuade all of them to be a bit more nice and trusting towards each other.

"I mentioned this earlier, but it seems like we're supposed to be a team. Meaning not enemies. No team can work well without trust, which we're lacking a lot of right now. We'll just end up fighting, and with how dangerous everyone here likely is, that really doesn't seem like a good idea." He paused.

"So I'll start. I live a fairly normal life, I like to gamble and I live in a boring apartment. I've wanted a chance to do something good like this for a long time." He continued, hoping to warm the others up to the idea of being more open if he was the one to start.

He would have mentioned his power....if he had one. He was a bit of a hypocrite for trying to preach about trust when he was keeping a secret so big, but it couldn't be helped. He couldn't risk Zen and Shade finding out about his lack of any powers yet. What if they just sent him back home? He'd have to give them a reason to keep him on the team before telling them. Maybe that reason could be him being useful for keeping everyone calm. It was something to hope for, at least.

Besides, it wasn't like he was lying directly. He was just leaving out a detail. If the others asked about his power....he'd just have to tell them the truth, or make something up. Maybe super strength, or flight.
Back to top Go down
Jax

Jax

Super - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super   Super - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 2:28 am

(Shade)

I scoff. Lost his mask in the wash. Funny. Also a little scary. It shows he's careless. It's a wonder that he's still alive in this line of work. He never tackled bigger crimes, but still, the lack of discernment is disconcerting. Then again, he has powers. It affords him a little slack. All of them. They haven't had to learn to be careful. To scope out every detail. To be sure. I've had to. I'm not gifted. If I hadn't, I'd be dead. I've come close to it enough times to know.

Car ahead of me inches forward. I tag along.

"Tell me something.

"You're young. Bright. Talented. Could be successful. So why do you do this? Why do you risk your life? Why put yourself in harm's way?

"Why are you in my car?"

----

(Zen)

((I'mma let this play out between you all. World's slowest elevator, I tell ya.))
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

Super - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super   Super - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 3:01 am

"Because if you really do know everything then you could easily hunt me down and knock me off of a hit list. I don't know if you'd actually keep to your word. I don't know if you're hiding some gun in here, and blow my brains out if I didn't cooperate. Besides, if you're telling the truth then yippe skippy lets go saving the world, if not, then I guess its lights out, not like anyone will miss me," Nick spoke, answering Shade's questions with ease.

The car seemed to be driving rather slow due to traffic, he wondered how far they were going. He also wondered if it'd be faster to walk.

"I can get out if you want me to," He added on, not expecting the man to ask him to get out after all of that, it was more of a smartassish remark.

(Short post)
Back to top Go down
FoxFireAlchemist
Moderator and Dark Ducklett Priestess
FoxFireAlchemist

Poké : 5045

Super - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super   Super - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 3:31 am

Yuliya had entered the elevator silently with everyone else. She had retreated to the the back of the elevator and was now leaning against it casually, her head tipped back slightly and her eyes closed. She peaked at each person in the elevator as they introduced themselves, registering faces (err, masks) to each name. She rubbed her temples, trying to clear her head of the growing tension within the metal box.

"..." was Yuliya's only response to everybody in the elevator. They all talked with weird American accents, which were still weird to her even after a few years of citizenship. She didn't even acknowledge the gun's presence. "Wvhere I come from, most everybody carries gun. No big deal; good protection against bear." she shrugged. "Fists work much better, though. Almost as good as they work on mountain lion." She popped her knuckles, relieving the tension within them. "My name is Yuliya. That is all you really need to know for now. Unless you reaaaally wvant me to tell you detailed process of dismantling dead animal" She crossed her arms and leaned her head back up against the wall, her eyes slowly drooping until they were closed once again. She was not asleep, only listening.
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

Poké : 6040

Super - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super   Super - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 5:03 am

Sera wants to roll her eyes at the other occupants' responses, but stops herself. She doesn't need to antagonize anyone more than she already has. She takes a deep breath -it was her turn to spill, it seemed.

"As already stated, my name is Sera. Some people have called me 'Torch'. I'll give you three guesses why, and the first two don't count," she flashes a shark-like grin, showing her pure-white teeth -immaculate; the only part of her face she wasn't ashamed of. "I protect the innocent -mothers and children. I guess the fact that I'm still here despite my ...temper, and better judgement, might mean something, but I suppose that's up to you." she shrugs nonchalantly.

Then she turns her head back to Zen, an idea having occurred to her. "You wouldn't happen to have a place for a hot fire to burn, would you? If you really want my help with this terrorist thing, I could try to see something in the flames, though I make no promises on what I may or may not see."
Back to top Go down
Jax

Jax

Super - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super   Super - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 8:46 pm

(Zen)

They're at least talking. It's a start, I suppose.

Firecracker asks me a question. I look over my shoulder.

"I'll see what I can do."

There's a ding. I turn to see the elevator doors slide open. Finally. It was starting to feel a little cramped.

We step outside. We're now approximately 250 ft. below ground. It feels safe. Only the strongest signals can reach down here. I clap my hands and the lights flicker on.

I feel a little proud. The main room isn't the height of luxury, but I did alright. It's a large room with halls leading off into other sections of the complex. The center of attention are the three leather couches, rug and coffee table. Big 32" TV. Stealing a little cable never hurt anyone. I've also rigged up a computer for myself. A gas fire flares up on the opposite wall. No smoke. The logs are just for show. I thought it was a nice touch. Behind the living space there is a bar with a full kitchen behind it. It's not stocked. I'll have to go shopping.

I point to the right and lead them down the hall towards the living quarters. The bedrooms are a little small, but they'll do. There's just enough for them. Each has a wardrobe and dresser. Unfortunately, the bathroom is communal. The water heater is giant though, so that's a plus. You could run the water for hours and not begin to feel it cool.

"So, ladies and gent, this is your living space. Its all we've got, but it's the best we can do. Feel free to pick out your own rooms and get settled. My is the at the begining of the hall on the right, so hands off When you're ready, meet me in the main room. Training begins in an hour."

I leave them and flop onto the couch in the main. I'm not looking forward to training.

---

(Shade)

He responds.

"Hurmmm..."

I press on the gas pedal. We move forward. I'm getting sick of traffic.

Pull off into an alleyway. Short cut. Takes us there in a few minutes. I don't say anything else.

We pull up to the building. Appartment building. Unassuming. Red brick. Old.

I pull on the break and park. Reach down under the seat. Pull out a pistol. Tokarev. Russian make. Hard to break. I hand it to Nick by the barrel. Safety is on.

"Know how to use one of these?"
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

Super - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super   Super - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 10:10 pm

Sera follows the woman out of the elevator as it finally stops. Zen leads them into a large room and she shows them some small rooms that will apparently be where they would sleep. They're small, smaller than Sera is used to, but at least she didn't have to share with anyone. She glances around the main room and spots the fireplace and immediately goes over to inspect it. Her lip curls in disgust as she realizes its a gas fire. She'll never get it hot enough to see what she needs in this fireplace; she'll have to scope around the place for somewhere suitable for a real fire.

Done inspecting the fireplace, she stands up and heads over to the rooms, claiming one at the very end of the hall and shutting the door. She needs to do some meditation, for she can feel the anger coursing just under her veins, and she knows she needs to calm herself before she accidentally sets herself on fire.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

Super - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super   Super - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 2:02 am

The drive was cut short as the shortcuts through the alleyways brought them to their destination faster. Nick watched as the man pulled out a gun from under his seat, 'So he DID have a gun..' Nick thought before he was asked if he was able to handle such a weapon.

"No, I suppose a crash course would suffice though," Nick commented, taking the gun and examining it, doing the smart idea of not pointing it at anybody's face. He kept it tilted up as he looked at it, not realizing that he had accidentally pulled the safety off.

Nick moved to open his door, and gripped a bit too tightly on the trigger and the gun fired in the car. A bullet hole was pierced through the top of the vehicle, and Nick still held the gun in his human hand. He used the robotic one to slowly click the safety back on.

"Maybe not..." he spoke after a bit of silence.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Super - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super   Super - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 6:00 pm

Finn's face immediately lit up with excitement as the elevator opened and the lights came on.  It seemed this was where they were going to be living.  It wasn't a mansion, but there was a TV, a few comfy looking couches and even a bar.  He wondered if the bar meant there was going to be alcohol at some point.  Maybe for celebrations?  Either way, there didn't seem to be anything available yet.

He felt a burning desire to try clapping to see if the lights would turn off for him, but before he could try, the group was led to the bedrooms.  They all got to choose their own.  Immediately, he ran over to the first room on the left.  He wanted his room to be as close to the main room as possible.  "I call this one."  He stated to anyone who cared before entering.  It looked nice.  Nice enough, at least.

Without any further inspection or rest, he exited the room he'd claimed and headed back down the hallway to the main room, where Zen resided.  Zen still hadn't told anything about her self.  Clearly she still didn't trust any of them, even though no one had done anything untrustworthy.  This needed to be fixed.  Everyone else had shared info about their self, but Zen kept to her self with her gun the whole time.

Finn entered the room, leaned against the back of the couch Zen was on and spoke up.  "So, everyone introduced their self properly.  Everyone other than you.  All we know about you is that you don't trust any of us.  I'd like to change that."  He stated to the masked woman, hopeful to get her to warm up to him.
Back to top Go down
Jax

Jax

Super - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super   Super - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 5:12 am

(Zen)

My eyes are closed. I draw my attention to my breathing. Listen as I inhale. Feel the air exit my lungs on the exhale. My mind is focused on the breath.

In.

Out.

In.

Out.

In.

Footsteps.

I open my eyes to see the guy hovering over me. "Lucky". He asks me to open up. He seems sweet, but he just doesn't understand. I wonder if we should be dragging him into this. He could just go on living a relatively normal life. He doesn't even know he has powers. Does he deserve this? He seems to want to "be the hero", but I know he has no idea what that means.

Ugh.

I turn to him.

"Listen, Finn, right? I know you want everyone to get along and play nice and trust each other, but there is something else you have to understand. This is dangerous work. Deadly dangerous. There's a reason Shade and I hold our cards so close to the chest. It's the only reason we're still in the game.

"I've been working with Shade for years now, Forever it seems. Still, after all this time, I don't know his name, what he looks like, where he lives, anything. I've picked up on a habit or two, but that's it. Still, I would trust him with my life. You know why?

"Because I know what kind of person he is. That isn't something someone can tell you. That's something you have to experience. So, if you want me to open up, that is a 'No' everytime. But if you want to get to know me, then I guess you just need to start paying attention."

---

A bang.

My ears are ringing.

I look up and see the hole.

I repress the urge to push him out of the car and start slamming his head into the pavement.

It's hard.

Really, really hard.

Snatch the gun from his hand and click on the safety.

I growl, "We are going to get out of the car now. You are going to follow behind me. You will do what I tell you, when I tell you to do it, exactly how I tell you. If not, and you get hurt, I will be very, very tempted to leave you bleeding.

"Do you understand....?"

Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

Super - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super   Super - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 8:51 pm

Sera breathes in deeply and then lets it out in one long breath. She repeats this action several times, imagining the world falling away around her, as if she was rising completely out of her body. As she did this, she imagined another world forming around her, a large forest in perpetual autumn, with a bubbling creek winding a path through the peaceful wilds. Sera found herself wandering the forest aimlessly, feeling the anger that had been building up in her melting away, as if the creek was carrying the stress away to the ocean on its current.

A sudden creaking sound brought her back to her body sharply and suddenly, causing her to bolt upright, on her feet in a second in a fight pose. When she realized that the sound had merely been the sound of the wardrobe door moving in a slight draft. Sera let out a sigh, brushing back her hair absentmindedly.

She wasn't sure how much time had passed in her dreamland, so she decided to wander back out into the living room to see if it was time for this so-called 'training' that the woman had offered. She emerged in the living room and crossed the room to stand by the fireplace again, wondering how to turn it on -she was getting a little cold.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Super - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super   Super - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 1:54 am

Finn sighed at the secretive woman's response. All that he had gathered from the speech was that Zen didn't trust any of them. This needed to be fixed, or it would only end badly. How could he convince Zen, who apparently didn't even trust her partner, to trust anyone? More importantly, how could he try without annoying her? Keeping in mind that he was supposed to be someone with "powers", he continued trying to convince the woman to open up.

"So what you're saying is you don't trust us. I'm guessing from the gun that you even fear us. How do you plan to make a team with that kind of relationship? If you're as smart as you seem, you know that's not gonna end well." He continued with his attempts to sway Zen to his point of view, trying to keep as openly relaxed as possible to make the mysterious woman more comfortable talking to him.

He considered mentioning that some of the "team" seemed a bit....unstable, which surely wouldn't mix well with the distrusting attitudes of Shade and Zen, but he'd decided it would be best if no one heard him saying such things. After all, he wasn't one to be a hypocrite and distrust when he was trying to convince someone to do the opposite.

"All I'm saying is if you recruit a team of dangerous people then shun them by not trusting them, holding guns to them and treating them more like resources than allies, that's a good way to get OUT of the game. The least you could do is stop with the voice thingy." He added on without considering that perhaps he was coming off as threatening. It wasn't like he was a threat even if he was trying to be - which he wasn't - but he couldn't speak for everyone.... Some of them seemed....a bit short- tempered.
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

Super - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super   Super - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 3:04 am

Sera looked up as she heard Finn begin to speak -apparently he and Zen had been having a conversation? She rolled her eyes at his words.

"I don't think you understand our situation. Look, I don't know about you, but I spent many years working as under-the-grid as possible to avoid attention. People -normal people- can't know about us, our powers. They'll expect us to fix every damn problem for them, or worse, fear us and try to kill us. There's a reason for the secrecy. If you were captured and tortured, I wouldn't want you to know anything substantial about me, and if I were captured, I wouldn't want to know anything about any of you."

Her point made, Sera turned back to the fireplace.
Back to top Go down
Jax

Jax

Super - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super   Super - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 3:28 am

(Zen)

I look at him a moment. It would seem he didn't hear what I said.

Firecracker enters too. That's good. She needs to hear this just as much as Finn.

She speaks and makes some good points. I'm glad she understands to a point, but I feel her stance is a little too bitter.

"She's right, you know. Still, there is room for trust here, just not information.

"Finn, trust is different than information. You want me to tell you about my life? My name? My favorite color? How I like my steak? What kind of underwear I wear? You want me to open up? I can't. I won't. It will improve nothing between us and it will just put us all in more danger, as she points out.

"Being open is only a pale imitation of trust. I could tell you about my life and then literally stab you in the chest right here. Me opening up gives you no reason to trust me, nor I you. Trust is knowing someone well enough to put a knife in their hands and then turn your back.

"Trust isn't just something that is thrown out on a platter and served up to everyone at the table. It's carefully guarded and has to be earned. I appreciate what you are trying to do, but you have not earned my trust. None of you have.

"You have a chance though, and I hope that you take advantage of it. Real advantage. Shade and I wouldn't have called you all here if we didn't want to trust you and have you as real allies, but that process is going to take time.

"So, if you really want my trust and his, you are going to have to do the same as everyone else and earn it.

"Earn it with your sweat, your blood, and your sacrifice."

I look over to the Firecracker. She's standing by the fireplace, inspecting it.

"You have to clap three times."

I clap. The fire ignites and the sound of crackling heat fills the room.
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

Super - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super   Super - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 5:45 am

Sera listened to Zen carefully, though she attempted to give the appearance of not caring, pretending to examine the fireplace more. It was nice to hear that her fears weren't totally unfounded, the woman supporting her caution. Though Sera wasn't sure she'd ever be able to trust a single one of them despite Zen's claims. As far as Sera was concerned, Shade would use her and the others and then she would be allowed to go her own way again.

She blinked as the fire roared to life and peered at the flames after giving Zen a nod of thanks. Her initial suspicions had been correct -the fire couldn't burn as hot as she needed it. "The gas fire is nice; flashy. But I'll need to set a bigger blaze, hotter, if you want me to see anything useful," Sera commented. "Is there a backyard to this place or someplace else where I could set a hot enough fire and not... you know, burn the whole place down?" she glanced back up at the other woman curiously.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Super - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super   Super - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super
Page 3 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next