Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

The Forest of Flame

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Poké : 290

The Forest of Flame Empty
PostSubject: The Forest of Flame   The Forest of Flame EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 6:55 pm

It was a bright morning, the sun already high in the sky as the day drew closer to midday. The cold freshness of early sunrise had long given way to the subtle warmth of the impending noon. Arietta flew gracefully across the open sky, following the directions she had been given from the travellers in Grassveil. The newly discovered dungeon, named Fallen Leaf Copse, had become quite the talking topic around town the past few days and after a while Arie had become curious enough to investigate it herself. The travellers who had come from the dungeon had told her to fly west until she saw a 'forest of flame' from the air.

As she flew, she wondered if the forest described as being in a state of perpetual autumn would truly look like it was aflame from the sky. It wasn't too long until she'd find out for herself, her quick flying speed making the journey a lot less effort than it would normally have been from the ground. Though her thoughts were occupied for a short duration whilst she was flying, Arietta soon became quite distracted by her boredom, flying in loops and upside down to amuse herself during her journey. She was having such a fun time amongst the clouds that she nearly missed the forest entirely, only noticing due to flying in a loop that caused her to look towards the ground.

It took her a moment to realise what she'd spotted, before she halted, hovering in the air to look at the forest properly. Still a few minutes fly away, she could see the hues of orange, yellow and red that the travellers had described. The small forest seemed to be on an island in the middle of a small lake, and from her view in the sky, Arie could spot what looked like stepping stones, travelling from the lakeside to the island that lay within it's centre. The brightness of the leaves against the dull of the water really did make it look like the forest was on fire from this distance away, the colours of the leaves melding into one another.

After admiring the forest from above for a short period, Arietta's curiosity about the new place overcame her once more and she began to descend towards the forest. She had no need to stop on the lake bank to cross via the stepping stones as she had her wings, though as she flew over each stone, she reached out with a tiny black foot to tap it before moving on, feeling as though it was some rite of passage into the new dungeon. Someone had spent all that effort putting the stones there after all, it would be a shame if no one used them.

Finally landing in the forest itself, Arietta took a moment to look up at the tall trees, with leaves of orange and red. Golden rays of sunlight filtered in through the trees' canopy, dappling the dusty ground that leaves softly danced across, fuelled by the gentle breeze. The forest was the epitome of autumn and it was hard to believe that the trees that grew here could maintain this beauty all year round.

The young Fletchling began to wander through the forest, using her legs so she could take in the wonder of the sights around her. It was not often that she was blown away by the appearance of somewhere, but if she were to pick a favourite place on this world at that moment, doubtless, it would be this forest of flame.

Last edited by Solilo on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org
aMEWzing

Poké : 2445

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Flame   The Forest of Flame EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 11:54 pm

Sosio, who was already in the beautiful forest, was wandering on foot around the beginning. It was such an awesome place, the Fletchling could barely focus on one thing in particular. The earth felt hard beneath her scaly feet, hints of frost on the surface in the autumn late morning. The air was cool and crisp, chilling the bird's lungs as she took in a deep breath.

Sosio's wing was collapsed on her side, slightly better than before, but still hurt when she attempted to fly. She knew she had to wait for it to heal fully before she even tried flying. She trotted across the landscape, looking for the prize she found out about just after she discovered the dungeon. To be the first to discover it, she also wanted to be the one to find the treasure.

Sosio's Energy Level:
Back to top Go down
pokepikoo

pokepikoo

Poké : 2125

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Flame   The Forest of Flame EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 6:12 pm

Today had turned into a really exciting day for Brian. He was just wandering around as usual, looking for something to do, when he heard about a new dungeon being found close by. Not only that, but apparently there was a rare treasure found there. Brian was already excited enough that he had a new location to explore, but with the potential promise of treasure, he couldn't have been happier. So with his Joy Ribbon around his neck and his items in tow, he headed out towards the new dungeon to see what it had to offer.

When he reached the dungeon, known as the Fallen Leaf Copse, Brian was amazed at how it looked. At first glance, it was a normal forest, but it just had so much color and beauty that he couldn't turn away. The leaves, trees, bushes, even the lake had so much vibrant color that it felt like he was in some kind of painting. "Wow, I've never seen anything quite like this before...so beautiful..." Brian said, mesmerized by the beauty in front of him. With the outlook of this place looking like this, he knew that there must be something special in here. Feeling this, he began dashing into the Fallen Leaf Copse, ready to find something interesting inside.

Energy: 24 - 11 = 13

Last edited by pokepikoo on Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Flame   The Forest of Flame EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 10:02 pm

Arietta wandered deeper into the autumn forest, not making as much progress as she normally would have in such a span of time due to walking on the ground rather than flying. Nevertheless, she was enjoying herself, even if she wasn't accompanied by a friend this time around.

What she didn't realise was how quickly that would change. After a long period of walking through the forest, admiring the sights, Arie was startled by a sudden sound nearby in the forest. Thinking on it for a moment, it sounded as though someone, or something, was  running at a fast pace. She could just make out the hard sounds of each footstep between the sound of the gentle breeze.

Spreading her wings and taking to the sky once again, Arietta sought out the origin of the noise and was pleasantly surprised when she found her answer. With a cry of laughter, the young Fletchling dived down towards the Chimchar, gliding alongside him as he ran.
"Hey Brian, what's up!" she grinned casually, "I didn't expect to see you here."

Arietta
Energy: 5
16 - 11 for entry
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Flame   The Forest of Flame EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 10:37 pm

Sosio scampered across the landscape on her two feet, only glancing around for possible clues and items. She spread out her wings, gliding upwards a little, only for her wing to give out again, causing her to land clumsily. The Fletchling got back up again, shaking off the fall and began to walk slower. Her Joy Ribbon whipped plaintively in the wind, its new dirt coating exhibiting her defeat.
Will I ever fly again?

Sosio slowed down the more she walked, reaching a sulky slug until a full stop, panting beside a tree, and slumping down the trunk onto its roots. She let out a heavy sigh, lowering her head and letting it become engulfed in the tree's shadows.
What a fool I was... How could I possibly be both the one to discover AND find the treasure? The odds are nearly impossible... I should just give up...

The near-distant chatter seemingly emulated from the surrounding trees, but Sosio simply dismissed it as her imagination. If Pokemon were here now, she didn't care to go say hi.

Sosio's Energy Level:
Back to top Go down
pokepikoo

pokepikoo

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Flame   The Forest of Flame EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 10:49 pm

As Brian kept running through the forest, he continued to admire the sheer beauty of the Fallen Leaf Copse. He couldn't help but just stare around at everything around him. This was normal for Brian whenever he entered a new area, but this place was special. There was something different about this place that he couldn't but his finger on. Maybe it was just his imagination, but Brian felt like this specific area was going to have something amazing inside it. That thing might be the treasure he's heard about, but maybe it was something else. The only way that he would figure out is to continue traveling through this forest.

What he hadn't expected was to find an old friend coming through here, or in this case flying. However, Brian eventually heard someone saying his name and soon found a recognizable flying type besides him. "Oh, hey Arie. Didn't expect to see you here either. How's it going?" Brian asked.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Flame   The Forest of Flame EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 11:26 pm

"I'd say it's going pretty well!" she grinned, flapping her wings every now and then to keep her position stable, but otherwise gliding alongside the Chimchar as he ran.
"I kept hearing about how awesome this new place was so I figured i'd come check it out for myself," she continued, revealing her reasoning for coming here to Brian and simultaneously spinning around in her flight so that she was flying upside down for a few moments before reverting back to her normal way up. The young Fletchling smiled to herself, glancing around at her surroundings once more as she spoke, using a second spin to take a broader observation.
"The stories the travellers tell really don't do this place justice. It's beautiful," she revealed, perhaps being slightly too talkative after reuniting with the Chimchar she was acquainted with. Nevertheless, she was only trying to be friendly and saw nothing wrong with expressing her opinions.

"But anyhow. What brings you here? The tales or the treasure?" she asked, a mischievous glint in her eye. The Xatu and his riddle had kicked up quite the fuss in Grassveil Town over the past few months, and now that this new dungeon had been found as described within the riddle itself, Arie found that she was even more interested in the outcome of such interesting events.
Solilo carried out 2 launched of one Fallen Leaf Copse :
The Forest of Flame FqVa6kA , The Forest of Flame 7doHI8l
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Flame   The Forest of Flame EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 12:43 pm

Sosio opened her eyes suddenly, hearing the chatter more constant and louder. She got up, approaching the sound with a tilted head. Fast-paced scampering continued even after halts of voice, the lonesome Fletchling's heart beating faster and faster, causing her legs to switch at a faster tempo. Before long, she, too, was dashing across the leaf-covered ground, intent on finding the source of the voices.

A sudden, skidded halt was triggered in a flash, causing Sosio to leave both feet in front of her, creating traction and stopping the speed to a halt, eyes shut from the effort. She opened them again to see a bird and four-legged mammal speeding by, talking simultaneously. At first, her eyes were wide with the surprise of such an occurrence, but then curiosity sparkled louder, and she hopped up, starting her running again, and turned the right on the pathway's intersection, the path perpendicular to from where she came, but straight from where they did. If only I could fly, I'd definitely catch up...

Sosio's Energy Level:
Back to top Go down
pokepikoo

pokepikoo

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Flame   The Forest of Flame EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 1:39 pm

"Hehe, great minds think alike. I also heard about this place around town and being the adventurous type that I am, couldn't pass up a new area to explore. Plus, if I can find some treasure here while exploring, then that'll be even better." Brian said as he continued running, explaining his reasoning for coming to this place. It seemed that he and Arie were on a very similar mindset, coming to this place because it sounded cool. Having come across several interesting types of Pokemon beforehand, it was nice to have a friend that had similar personality traits to him.

Before he had the chance to continue the conversation, Brian could hear something making noises ahead of the two. He couldn't tell exactly what it was, but he assumed that it had to be another Pokemon. "Wait just a second. I think we have company." Brian said as he stopped his speedy running to analyze his surrounding, trying to find out where the Pokemon was.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Flame   The Forest of Flame EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 11:00 pm

She had to admit, though it hadn't been her main reason for coming here, the prospect of finding some lost treasure sounded quite frankly, awesome. If she were to make such a valuable discovery, she'd also be able to one up her parents and their wish for her to join the police force and make a career and name for herself there as they had done.

The Fletchling dodged a low hanging branch by tucking her wings in and was about to say something more when she too heard the noises coming from the undergrowth ahead of them. Nimbly taking advantage of her quick reaction time, Arietta switched from flying forwards to shooting upwards a few inches. The Tiny Robin then looped around, hovering mere centimetres from where she had headed upwards in what turned out to be an effective strategy for a quick stop whilst in the air.

"I hear it too," Arie replied, her brown eyes scanning her surroundings. All of a sudden, a string shot out of the undergrowth hitting the Fletchling dead on. The string tied her wings together and caused her to fall to the ground in surprise. Luckily the fall wasn't from too high and she quickly got to her feet, a Wurmple pushing it's way out of the undergrowth and aiming a second String Shot towards Brian.

Arietta
Energy: 1
5 - 4 from rolls
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Flame   The Forest of Flame EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 9:02 pm

(Scroll back up to your roll, I just realized it says "Wrumple" |D )

Sosio heard the running stop suddenly, causing her to slow down and look for the two of them.
What am I doing? What if they think I'm wild and trying to attack? Why am I following them? What if they're wild? She thought uncomfortably. Not all strangers are friendly, no matter how much she wished it were true.

But instead of angry growling and attacking, she heard surprise from an ambush and the sound of a fall. The falling of a Pokemon. The lonesome Fletchling skidded on her feet to go see what was happening. She walked in on the two of them facing a Pokemon, their backs turned to Sosio. It was a wild Wurple. Sosio shivered. She hated bugs. But that didn't matter, because those two were in combat. Should I go in and help, or would that just make them mad? What if they think I'm part of the ambush?

Sosio's Energy Level:
Back to top Go down
pokepikoo

pokepikoo

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Flame   The Forest of Flame EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 9:33 pm

"Oh no, Arie!" Brian said as he saw Arie get tangled up by the bug type's String Shot, causing her to fall to the ground. He then saw the wild Pokemon in the distance that did this, being a worm like Pokemon with yellow spikes coming out of it. While the design of the bug may have intrigued him in other situations, this wasn't one of those. Right now, it was a wild Pokemon that needed to be defeated.

"Hold on, I'll get you out of that as soon as I take out this guy out!" Brian said before he dashed towards the bug, focused on taking it down. The worm shot out Poison Stings at him to stop his progress, but Brian was able to dodge them thanks to some quick maneuvers. Eventually, he got right in the Bug Pokemon's face and began Scratching it multiple times back to back, leaving small cuts on it's skin. Dazed from the Scratch attack, the worm was unable to avoid Brian as he smashed it with a burning Fire Punch. The impact sent the bug flying back and onto the ground unconscious. With it defeated, Brian began to run back towards Arie to help her get out of the string.

pokepikoo carried out 2 launched of one Fallen Leaf Copse :
The Forest of Flame Rmy6L5r , The Forest of Flame Rmy6L5r
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Flame   The Forest of Flame EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 11:05 pm

Arietta attempted to manoeuvre her head so that she could peck away at the strings, but most were in an awkward position to try and get rid of. As Brian attacked the Wurmple with multiple scratches and a Fire Punch, Arie proceeded to attempting to rid herself of the string using her feet. She managed to loosen it enough for Brian to quickly help her remove the remaining string once he had knocked out their opponent.
"Thanks for the help," Arie smiled cheerfully to her friend, standing back on her feet ans stretching her newly freed wings. Now that she was able to fly again, she quickly took advantage of the ability and took off, doing a little spin as she flew upwards, glad to have her mobility back. Heading back down so that she hovered mere feet from the ground, she turned, curious as to the pokemon she'd spotted when she'd done her little aerial spin.

"Who are you?" she asked, initially cautious after they'd just ran into that Wurmple. The pokemon before her was, interstingly, a Fletchling, just like herself.
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Flame   The Forest of Flame EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 12:10 am

Sosio watched the amazing effort put into the battle by the flaming monkey, with wide emotionless eyes. When the other Fletchling was freed by the oddly thick insect string, she spun about in the air. That made Sosio awkwardly mad for no reason at all. It was random, the feeling of jealousy. It often occurred even when one was smart enough to know there was no reason. But Sosio was stuck to the ground by an injured wing, while this one before her seemed to be a show-off.

"My name is Sosio. I discovered this dungeon." She claimed simply.

E=10
Back to top Go down
pokepikoo

pokepikoo

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Flame   The Forest of Flame EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 5:36 pm

Eventually, all of the sticky string was of off of Arie and she had full mobility once again. She seemed even more ecstatic about it then him as she started flying and spinning round like she had just won a large prize or something. Brian assumed that it made sense for her to be like this. Since Arie seemed to absolutely love going fast, which would make having movement restricted be horrible to her. As she kept flying around, she seemed to have spotted another Pokemon, which happened to be another Fletchling just like her. Apparently, from what the bird Pokemon named Sosio said, he was actually the one who found this place.

"Wow, really? You found this place? That's so cool! Getting to be the first person to find a new location sound so awesome!" Brian said, excited to have met the person who found this beautiful dungeon. He also felt a bit jealous that he couldn't be the person who found it, but that's just how things go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Flame   The Forest of Flame Empty

Back to top Go down

The Forest of Flame
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next